Thread: Couple viewed flat and then came hubby's sister - seeking agent's commission

mr funny is offline Any complaints please PM me

Default Couple viewed flat and then came hubby's sister - seeking agent's commission

http://www.straitstimes.com/STForum/...ry_464062.html

Dec 9, 2009

Couple viewed flat and then came hubby's sister - seeking agent's commission

RECENTLY, I advertised to sell an apartment unit and a few days later, a woman called and came over to view the unit.

She showed interest and brought her husband for a second viewing. The couple indicated they liked the place and requested another viewing with their family. At the third viewing, the whole family came and the husband's sister handed me a business card, which showed she was a housing agent from DTZ.

Two days later, the sister called to say she was offering $900,000 ($400,000 below the asking price) on behalf of her brother, and wanted a commission for herself. Or her brother would buy another nearby condominium unit.

Can a housing agent ask for commission after the buyers had already viewed a property twice without the agent being present? Is there a need to pay commission to the buyer's family member who happens to be a housing agent?

Is such a practice ethical?

Koh Siew Buay (Ms)

Quote Originally Posted by mr funny
    ... she was offering $900,000 ($400,000 below the asking price)...
    Is this correct at $400K below asking price? Or is the bank valuation really $900K only?
    BE CENTRED BY ALL AT THE FRINGE OF THE CITY @

Dec 9, 2009

RECENTLY, I advertised to sell an apartment unit and a few days later, a woman called and came over to view the unit.

She showed interest and brought her husband for a second viewing. The couple indicated they liked the place and requested another viewing with their family. At the third viewing, the whole family came and the husband's sister handed me a business card, which showed she was a housing agent from DTZ.

Two days later, the sister called to say she was offering $900,000 ($400,000 below the asking price) on behalf of her brother, and wanted a commission for herself. Or her brother would buy another nearby condominium unit.

Can a housing agent ask for commission after the buyers had already viewed a property twice without the agent being present? Is there a need to pay commission to the buyer's family member who happens to be a housing agent?

Koh Siew Buay (Ms)
    Maybe the sister was all the way offering them advise on loans, financial planning, interest rates, property valuations etc etc? Which by no means is still worthy of SERVICE.

Look for another buyer.

haha...sis shd ask commission fr her own bro!

wunder whether the question would still be asked if the offer price matched or exceed the asking price?

teddybear is offline Global recession is coming....

Actually, just look at the offer price ($400k below asking) and there is not even need to care whether she asked for commission or not. Either they are offering super low or the asking is super high. Frankly speaking, the writer should tell her that if they offer asking price then will pay her commission, otherwise ask her to fly kite. Want to buy other condo, go buy lah, cut this type of crap tactic (see too much already). Not the writer's business right? (unless the writer is desperate to sell).

Quote Originally Posted by 2824
    wunder whether the question would still be asked if the offer price matched or exceed the asking price?

Tell her bcos of her commission, the price is now marked up ~

Dec 9, 2009

Koh Siew Buay (Ms)

tell her you advertised yourself and you dont need an agent ..

and they have viewd the place without her in the first place ..

jack up the price if i were you .. to cover your advertisement ..make sure in the end ...its the bro who is indirectly paying for her commision

Correct!

She can go collect commission from her own brother.

Seller marketed the place herself, no need to pay anyone.

What advice, who cares? If you didn't ask specifically for the professional opinion, she can't charge you.

Quote Originally Posted by proud owner
    tell her you advertised yourself and you dont need an agent ..

and they have viewd the place without her in the first place ..

jack up the price if i were you .. to cover your advertisement ..make sure in the end ...its the bro who is indirectly paying for her commision

Than she should get commission from the buyer.

Quote Originally Posted by mcmlxxvi
    Maybe the sister was all the way offering them advise on loans, financial planning, interest rates, property valuations etc etc? Which by no means is still worthy of SERVICE.

There is no need to pay the agent. Remember to draft your own OTP. Or ask your lawyer to draft one.

that's why the industry needs to be regulated. cos these things happen... shady and dodegy tactics

If i were the agent for seller, i will just tell the couple that their sister is trying to come in to complicate matters when negotiations between them have been going smoothly until the sister came into the picture. If the couple are smart enough, they should know that their sister is making use of them for her own selfish gain.

So is the property overvalued by 45% or undervalued by 30%?
    BE CENTRED BY ALL AT THE FRINGE OF THE CITY @