Thread: Valley Park 2-bedrm for SALE/RENT

Default Valley Park 2-bedrm for SALE/RENT

Valley Park 2-bedrm for SALE/RENT
    Size: 1109 sqft
    Fully-furnished
    Mid-floor, pool-view

Pls send me a private message if interested to view.
    No agents pls... tks.

pls tell us your asking if interested to sell.

Quote Originally Posted by penguin
    Valley Park 2-bedrm for SALE/RENT
    Size: 1109 sqft
    Fully-furnished
    Mid-floor, pool-view

Pls send me a private message if interested to view.
    No agents pls... tks.

May I get some feedback from the forum people as to what psf range should I be looking to rent/sell my Valley Park 2-bedder at in this current market?

The latest 2 sale transactions are:

477 River Valley Road #18-XX
    999 Yrs From 21/06/1877
    $1272psf
    1808sqft
    $2300k
    06 Nov 09

473 River Valley Road #10-XX
    999 Yrs From 21/06/1877
    $1315psf
    1216sqft
    $1600k
    30 Oct 09

Tks.

i offer you at 1000psf. Take note of looming fin crisis II. Pm me if you are interested.
    May I get some feedback from the forum people as to what psf range should I be looking to rent/sell my Valley Park 2-bedder at in this current market?

The latest 2 sale transactions are:

477 River Valley Road #18-XX
    999 Yrs From 21/06/1877
    $1272psf
    1808sqft
    $2300k
    06 Nov 09

473 River Valley Road #10-XX
    999 Yrs From 21/06/1877
    $1315psf
    1216sqft
    $1600k
    30 Oct 09

Tks.

1k psf quite hard to get even certain new condos in D12 these days.

Quote Originally Posted by Regulators
    1k psf quite hard to get even certain new condos in D12 these days.
    can get soon.

Bankers may support u with their often crappy valuations but remember that no sellers wud.
    Quote Originally Posted by nobrainer32007
    can get soon.

watch this space!

Quote Originally Posted by Regulators
    Bankers may support u with their often crappy valuations but remember that no sellers wud.

Tks for the offer, but I wont consider at 1000psf...
    I think it can fetch a much better price.

Reporter is offline F01 N54 Sheer Driving Pleasure

Initially, I thought you can just sell to the Indians or some other foreigners.

Now, I think you should also sell to the rich Islamic investors.

Quote Originally Posted by The Economic Times

Singapore may be the new financial hub
    Sugata Ghosh & Krishna Gopalan
    The Economic Times
    Mumbai, Maharashtra, India
    Saturday, 28 November 2009, 2102 hrs IST

Stars who own villas in Dubai Who is who in Dubai corporate map?

The jury is out on what the future holds for Dubai. Fund managers and high-street bankers see the fall of Dubai as a prelude to the emergence of Singapore as the undisputed financial centre of Asia.

“Dubai has a different charm. Many Indians, I feel, have discovered the world of numbered accounts in Dubai... besides, there’s no tax for individuals and corporates. Only foreign banks and insurance companies have to pay a nominal tax,” says Dilip J Thakkar, an expert on Fema matters.

Surely, Singapore or Hong Kong, with tax rates of 18% and 16%, respectively, can’t match this. Many, like Mr Thakkar, are betting that it will soon be business as usual. They think that investors will take haircuts, European banks (which may be holding as much as $40 billion of Dubai’s $80 billion debt) will sell a slice of their investments, and a Kazakh-style clean-up and debt write-off will get the builder’s paradise up on its feet.

But many fear the stigma would stick.

“Market forces in Dubai never work the way they do in other parts of the world. Dubai never really became a financial centre and a large part of its progress was based on what was taking place in its real estate market. It never attained the stature that was given to a market like Hong Kong,” feels Munesh Khanna, managing director of the investment bank Centrum Capital. Singapore, according to Mr Khanna, will be a major beneficiary.

It will be a bigger damage if Dubai authorities are not quick enough in striking a deal with the lenders, as this will impact capital flows to many emerging markets. The very shadow of default could make life difficult for the private sector in the entire Gulf region. Over the past few years, private firms have turned more dependent on foreign borrowing to fund their local growth, and chances are that foreign banks may trim exposure to the region.

Indeed, “increased scrutiny by foreign lenders could curtail domestic growth in the region and aggravate the credit constraints on large family groups,” said an internal note of one of the foreign banks with exposure to the region.

There is a higher possibility that investors would now prefer to operate out of more established jurisdictions, says Siddharth Shah who heads the corporate and securities practice group at the law firm Nishith Desai Associates. “What could help Singapore is its long history of a successful financial centre,” says Mr Shah.

According to Seshagiri Rao, CFO and joint MD of JSW Group, markets may not collapse dramatically, but people fear that there may be more defaults of this kind in the days ahead. While many would agree with Mr Rao that the present sell-off in the financial market is to an extent sentiment-driven, global banks are grappling with an element of mistrust and disbelief.

“Even if this does turn out to be a voluntary restructuring, the lack of clarity and ill-timing of this announcement are likely to raise the international cost of financing for the Emirate for some time to come,” says a note prepared by a large US bank. “Why did it happen? We frankly find no compelling explanation for such a move,” says the note.
    Quote Originally Posted by Channel NewsAsia

Impact of Dubai debt crisis limited to certain firms: analysts
    Rachel Kelly
    Channel NewsAsia
    Monday, 30 November 2009, 2229 hrs

Singapore shares fell 1.09% on Monday, in reaction to news that a Dubai government investment company had asked for more time to repay its debt of nearly US$60 billion.

But the fall is not as bad as the initial expectations of a 2 to 3% decline. In the meantime, the Monetary Authority of Singapore (MAS) said it does not expect developments in Dubai to affect Singapore's financial stability.

It said Singapore's banking sector's gross exposure to the United Arab Emirates (UAE), of which Dubai is one of 7 emirates, is well below 1% of total banking assets.

Apart from a brief rally early in the session on Monday, the benchmark Straits Times Index traded mostly in a tight range and closed at 2,732.12. Market players said the local market was able to limit the slide, thanks to broad rallies across Asia.

Wong Sui Jau, general manager, Fundsupermart.com, said: "There was a fall, but it wasn't really the kind of huge drop or crash that the other markets on Friday went through.

"I think a lot of Asian markets, as well as Singapore investors, are probably realising that the impact will not be as big as what they feared because ultimately, Dubai is far from Singapore. The total debt exposure, even for Dubai World, is US$59 billion – small compared to the debt the caused the financial crisis last year."

Overall, some analysts said the impact of the Dubai debt crisis will be limited to companies with exposure to the emirate, particularly the property sector. Others said Singapore's Islamic finance industry may well benefit.

Bernard Lee, deputy director, Sim Kee Boon Institute for Financial Economics, Singapore Management University, said: "Dubai, as an international banking sector, has certainly suffered an amount of damage to its reputation and the fact that Abu Dhabi is bailing but not unconditionally backing it (is contributing to the damage).

"On a comparative basis, it certainly puts Singapore in a very positive light at this point, in the sense that the government here has a huge amount of reserves and also a very aggressive strategy to Islamic banking."

DBS has disclosed that its total exposure to Dubai is about S$1.8 billion. The bank said it believes the situation is manageable as a substantial part of this is in Dubai-owned companies operating in Asia, which are sound.

As of Monday, the only credit that is captured under the standstill notice is a S$558 million bilateral loan to Dubai World Finance, which represents 0.2% of DBS' total balance sheet.

The bank has no exposure to Nakheel, the Dubai World property unit which is building the iconic Palm Jumeirah artificial island. DBS said its exposure to the entire Middle East region accounts for around 2% of its balance sheet.

OCBC, for its part, said it has no exposure to Dubai World and Nakheel, and its exposure to the Dubai government, government-linked corporations and other institutions is not material.

UOB said its exposure is insignificant.

Quote Originally Posted by Reporter
    Initially, I thought you can just sell to the Indians or some other foreigners.

Now, I think you should also sell to the rich Islamic investors.
    I just don't understand why anyone would want to sell a property, in exchange for toilet paper money that is going to end up being worth nothing.

I suspect what happens is that psychologically, a lot of people cannot "feel" that they have made a profit until they have "realised" it in the form of cash by selling it.

That is a very dangerous mindset, but unfortunately, also a very common mindset.

Tks for everyone's feedback.
    My unit has been rented out. Fortunately fetched a price even higher than my previous rental 2 yrs ago.

Reporter is offline F01 N54 Sheer Driving Pleasure

Quote Originally Posted by nobrainer32007, 1 week ago
    watch this space!
    We are watching this space now.
    What's next?

Quote Originally Posted by penguin, 1 hour ago
    Tks for everyone's feedback.
    My unit has been rented out. Fortunately fetched a price even higher than my previous rental 2 yrs ago.
    Congratulations!
    ... not for renting it out at a higher rate but for not listening to all the rental lies/stories told by some of the forumers.

I wonder what is their motive?

Quote Originally Posted by jlrx, 1 week ago
    I just don't understand why anyone would want to sell a property, in exchange for toilet paper money that is going to end up being worth nothing.

I suspect what happens is that psychologically, a lot of people cannot "feel" that they have made a profit until they have "realised" it in the form of cash by selling it.

That is a very dangerous mindset, but unfortunately, also a very common mindset.
    Congratulations!
    ... on your success in preaching "propertism".

Well... just to "listen" is ok. Everyone has their own views to the property market. In my personal opinion, 2010 will be a better yr than 2009 with everything stabilising. That's why I choose to hold sale first. I may be right or wrong, as everyone has their own analysis, but no one can predict the future 100%.

teddybear is offline Global recession is coming....

We have to differentiate between views and facts. Some people narrate their views as though they are 'facts' and did not make it clear what they are saying are 'their views' or 'facts'. E.g., somebody said "the rents of private properties are coming down!". Is this their views or facts? If they did not say this is their views, people probably think they are stating some 'facts'. But easy lah, for the benefits of this forum (and anywhere else), if they did not provide raw data or refer to published data or report to back up, then we can safely assume these are just 'views' only. No worry.

Well... just to "listen" is ok. Everyone has their own views to the property market. In my personal opinion, 2010 will be a better yr than 2009 with everything stabilising. That's why I choose to hold sale first. I may be right or wrong, as everyone has their own analysis, but no one can predict the future 100%.