Results 1 to 21 of 21

Thread: Faber Crest

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    7

    Default Faber Crest

    Hi, what do people think about Faber Crest? Off Faber Heights? Is it a nice condo? Well maintained? Good rental returns? I am looking at somewhere in D05 (I was thinking of Pasir Panjang but with the village center going I have changed my mind to much disruption in the short term for rentals).
    Noticed lots for sale there, anyone know why?

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    18

    Default

    Hi

    Just my 2 cents worth

    I also considered this project when looking for my new place. This are my thoughts

    Pro :
    1. Secluded,
    2. Greenery around (for those facing out),
    3. nice clubhouse,
    4. inexpensive Monthly service fee.
    5. Bus to MRT.
    6. Resort feel
    7. Friendly Security
    8. Nice Toilets at clubhouse with Jaccuzzi

    Cons :
    1. If you have to walk out to the MRT / Bus, it is far.
    2. Buildings too close.
    3. Underground Carpark can be confusing cos the carpark is split into 2 sections with no access between them. The swimming pool /clubhouse sits between the carparks
    5. Low level - highest floor is 5th Fl
    6. Upgrading / painting may cost a bomb cos each block has lifts and there are many lifts
    7. Cos of low level, light in floor corridors/ lift landings may not be good depending on angle
    8. 99 years Tenure
    9. Security along the compound may be an issue - There is a public jogging track behind the condo. You can see the low wall when you drive around the back along the public jogging track by river. If you can do SOC, you can clear the wall
    10 Condo layout is like cigar shape and residents at each end will have to walk a distance to the clubhouse in the center.
    11. Possible Traffic Jam on Faber road out cos there are 2 road exits only.

    I decided not to pursue buying a unit here for 1 reason only - Land Tenure of 99 years and remaining Tenure.

    Saw a number of untis being placed for sale. Guess the asking prices are close to what was paid during launch (I may be wrong).

    Cheers

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    7

    Default

    Thanks for your thoughts very useful

    Yes the 99 year puts me off too.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    130

    Default

    i like this development. During the launch i was considering buying for stay.

    the facility and the set up for the whole development is pretty nice. But the maintenance actually leave rooms for improvement.

    check out if it is within 1 km of NHPS. If it is, 2 things you can expect.

    1) there will be zero enbloc potential.

    2) prices will stay rather high even after 20 years...

    I leave nearby now, and i use the jogging track behind very often. i'm still eyeing on it, but with the sheer number of units, i think i can afford to wait, but that is because i don't have a real push factor to move across the canal.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    2,419

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by pweesng
    i like this development. During the launch i was considering buying for stay.

    the facility and the set up for the whole development is pretty nice. But the maintenance actually leave rooms for improvement.

    check out if it is within 1 km of NHPS. If it is, 2 things you can expect.

    1) there will be zero enbloc potential.

    2) prices will stay rather high even after 20 years...

    I leave nearby now, and i use the jogging track behind very often. i'm still eyeing on it, but with the sheer number of units, i think i can afford to wait, but that is because i don't have a real push factor to move across the canal.
    I will not buy a unit in this development precisely because it is so close to Nanhua primary. I don't want my kids to go there and talk like Ris Low when they grow up. Everyone speaks chinese at Nanhua primary. Even the Japanese koi.

  6. #6
    xebay11 is offline New Launch Project Specialist
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    1,439

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by stalingrad
    I will not buy a unit in this development precisely because it is so close to Nanhua primary. I don't want my kids to go there and talk like Ris Low when they grow up. Everyone speaks chinese at Nanhua primary. Even the Japanese koi.
    Ha Ha so your children should go to the American School, where do you intend to put your kids in school? I don't see any upmarket schools in far flung industrial West.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    130

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by stalingrad
    I will not buy a unit in this development precisely because it is so close to Nanhua primary. I don't want my kids to go there and talk like Ris Low when they grow up. Everyone speaks chinese at Nanhua primary. Even the Japanese koi.
    1) Nobody speaks chinese. We all speak "Mandarin", so I guess english speaking schools ain't that great too.

    2) What is wrong with speaking Mandarin and being good in Chinese? I would be disappointed if my kids grow up to become rapists, or a robbers... Worst still if he becomes a lair and a trouble maker on the internet forum... I think your focus in your kids' life a bit salah lah...

    I don't proclaim to be very fluent in Chinese and English. But when I was in UK and Australia, the locals could understand me perfectly. When I am working in Taiwan, Shanghai and Beijing, the locals could understand me perfectly. I was a great asset to my ang moh colleagues when I was in China.

    So tell me what is exactly wrong with speaking Mandarin? I think I will be damn if I can't speak mandarin. Don't start your kids' life in that disadvantageous position man.

    BTW I am a product of NHPS... I don't see anything wrong between me and you. Do you?

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    2,419

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by pweesng
    1) Nobody speaks chinese. We all speak "Mandarin", so I guess english speaking schools ain't that great too.

    2) What is wrong with speaking Mandarin and being good in Chinese? I would be disappointed if my kids grow up to become rapists, or a robbers... Worst still if he becomes a lair and a trouble maker on the internet forum... I think your focus in your kids' life a bit salah lah...

    I don't proclaim to be very fluent in Chinese and English. But when I was in UK and Australia, the locals could understand me perfectly. When I am working in Taiwan, Shanghai and Beijing, the locals could understand me perfectly. I was a great asset to my ang moh colleagues when I was in China.

    So tell me what is exactly wrong with speaking Mandarin? I think I will be damn if I can't speak mandarin. Don't start your kids' life in that disadvantageous position man.

    BTW I am a product of NHPS... I don't see anything wrong between me and you. Do you?
    I don't need to say anything. Just look at the gibberish that you just wrote. fully of grammatical errors and awkward expressions. only you and your fellow singaporeans can read this stuff. I guess if you had gone to school in the US or UK, you would've flunked out long time ago.

  9. #9
    xebay11 is offline New Launch Project Specialist
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    1,439

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by stalingrad
    I don't need to say anything. Just look at the gibberish that you just wrote. fully of grammatical errors and awkward expressions. only you and your fellow singaporeans can read this stuff. I guess if you had gone to school in the US or UK, you would've flunked out long time ago.
    I have seen worst in UK or US, have you actually been there and seen for yourself?

    You seem to have a thing for anything white or Anglo Saxxon. Inferiority complex? From the way you write, you must be Ah Neh SPR.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    130

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by stalingrad
    I don't need to say anything. Just look at the gibberish that you just wrote. fully of grammatical errors and awkward expressions. only you and your fellow singaporeans can read this stuff. I guess if you had gone to school in the US or UK, you would've flunked out long time ago.
    Well, like i said i never proclaim to be an expert in English... what is more important to me is that people i communicate with can understand me. It gets my work going.

    enough said, i think you just got a very undesirable character. I shall stop here.

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    7

    Default thanks

    er thanks for the helpful comments about the condo....not sure about the English debate though

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    162

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by stalingrad
    I will not buy a unit in this development precisely because it is so close to Nanhua primary. I don't want my kids to go there and talk like Ris Low when they grow up. Everyone speaks chinese at Nanhua primary. Even the Japanese koi.
    Dear stalingrad,

    With all due respect, I like to offer another point of view.

    I get the impression from the above comments, that if one is good with his/her mother tongue, then it is very difficult to be equally good in English.

    However, I have noted at least 3 news reporters, who are good in both languages (at least when spoken), for example, Diana Ser?

    Furthermore, I observed that, the new generation of mother tongue teachers (locals) are able to converse very well in both English and Mandarin.

    Perhaps, I am a little bias, because I am also an old boy of NHPS.
    In fact, I am planning to enroll my little ones to NHPS as well.

    My only concern is that, we speak too much English at home and they might not be able to catch with the high standard of Chinese and Mandarin in NHPS.

    It would be GOOD, if my kids excel in English and it would be GREAT! if they can excel in both English and Chinese!

    I strongly believe, it is really a great asset being bi-lingual now, and even more so, in the near future.

    Just sharing my point of view.

    Warm regards,
    FC

    p.s. I am considering Regent Park at the moment, coz its "newer" and nearer to NHPS...

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    143

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by limfc
    Perhaps, I am a little bias, because I am also an old boy of NHPS.
    In fact, I am planning to enroll my little ones to NHPS as well.

    My only concern is that, we speak too much English at home and they might not be able to catch with the high standard of Chinese and Mandarin in NHPS.
    Good for you as being an old boy of NHPS, you will definitely have priority.

    You probably have to deduce from the following postings from him on why he made such comments on NHPS. Or you can find out more under Carabelle's thread.

    Posted under Carabelle thread on 19 June 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by stalingrad
    what a happy go luck type!! that is the spirit. hope you have no kids that will take part in PI registration this year. I am beginning to worried about my oldest son. Can he get into Nanhua or not?
    Posted under The Parc Thread on 22 Oct 2009

    Quote Originally Posted by stalingrad
    I agree with you only heartlanders will like to send their kids to nanhua, where neither the teachers nor the students speak any english. We live very close to nanhua, but we would never send our kids to nanhua.
    Posted under Carabelle thread
    Quote Originally Posted by stalingrad
    Yes, we couldn't get into nanhua because we are foreigners living in Singapore.
    Last edited by Avatar; 25-04-10 at 15:48.

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    38

    Default

    Considering Faber Crest and Glendale Park at Hillview. Which one better for capital gain? Faber Crest near JE and Glendale Park have future MRT. Please advise.

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    521

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Rich12345
    Considering Faber Crest and Glendale Park at Hillview. Which one better for capital gain? Faber Crest near JE and Glendale Park have future MRT. Please advise.
    choose the one you feel cosier and more convenient. the more you like it, the more people will like it.

  16. #16
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    7,827

    Default

    If you are looking for capital appreciation, forget about Hillview because any sellers who are selling today would have already priced in the MRT in their selling price. Hence from now till completion the upside will be another 15 to 20%.

    Personally I would recommend you to consider property in D5 such as Monterey Park or Botannia because of furture JRL and CRL MRT line.
    "Never argue with an idiot, or he will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience."

  17. #17
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    38

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ringo33
    If you are looking for capital appreciation, forget about Hillview because any sellers who are selling today would have already priced in the MRT in their selling price. Hence from now till completion the upside will be another 15 to 20%.

    Personally I would recommend you to consider property in D5 such as Monterey Park or Botannia because of furture JRL and CRL MRT line.
    I think 20% is quite good when MRT ready in 2015. How near is the JRL and CRL Mrt to the Monterey Park or Botannia? How much will the appreciation be?

  18. #18
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    66

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Rich12345
    I think 20% is quite good when MRT ready in 2015. How near is the JRL and CRL Mrt to the Monterey Park or Botannia? How much will the appreciation be?
    Current hillview price is $1100 average. 20% is $1300! Is this possible? Given the overall market condition now notwithstanding mrt?

  19. #19
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    2,511

    Default

    Sad to say...only fools buy in Hillview Peak and Hillier.

    They will be regreting soon.

  20. #20
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    7,827

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by yowetan
    Sad to say...only fools buy in Hillview Peak and Hillier.

    They will be regreting soon.
    there are no fools in property investment only people with lots or little money. those loaded will buy dist 9 10 11, those money not enough will buy hillview.
    "Never argue with an idiot, or he will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience."

  21. #21
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    2,511

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ringo33
    there are no fools in property investment only people with lots or little money. those loaded will buy dist 9 10 11, those money not enough will buy hillview.
    Hi...I do not agree.

    Hill view peak is not cheap or requires little money.

Similar Threads

  1. Waterfront @ Faber Condo
    By SporePropLaunch in forum District 5
    Replies: 0
    -: 05-01-16, 14:35
  2. Faber Walk Site
    By taeyeon in forum District 5
    Replies: 225
    -: 10-11-15, 14:48
  3. [email protected] to be relaunched
    By orange in forum Singapore Private Condominium Property Discussion and News
    Replies: 0
    -: 01-10-14, 20:24
  4. [email protected] to be relaunched
    By reporter2 in forum Singapore Private Condominium Property Discussion and News
    Replies: 1
    -: 26-09-14, 21:05
  5. New condo could set Faber Hills abuzz
    By reporter2 in forum Singapore Private Condominium Property Discussion and News
    Replies: 0
    -: 15-05-14, 18:41

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •