Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Need Advices from all experts here!!

Tony Tan said that next 10 yrs could be golden years for Asia ... I take his words seriously. 1986-1996 is the best 10y for SG properties, 1997-2006 bad 10 years ... so could it be that 2007-2016 the best of the best 10y

It is simple, if GDP growth > 5%, median salary up, coupled with high inflation rate and limited lands, property has only one direction - up.

Quote Originally Posted by focus
    I am very tired of waiting for prices to be reasonable..

is it a good time to buy a marina bay or sentosa cove condo?

I don't want to be left behind.. help....

That depends on how much u want to invest with. Less then 2 million go for Bay. Lots of choices. 3 million above gamble it in Sentosa.

teddybear is offline Global recession is coming....

Why marina bay or sentosa cove only? Many other places available depending on your budget.

Quote Originally Posted by Reporter
    Err ... "committed another FH 3-bedder at D15"?

You're a East-Coast "Property_Collector"? Just kiddin'. Cool!
    Pal, i am far from the word "collector".
    but i strongly believe D15 has not realised its full potential due to the many old developments.

Quote Originally Posted by levittdub
    The factors paints a very good picture for the coming years, but it also the same reason why sellers and developers are pushing the prices up so rapidly. Some of the units that i have seen has increased their asking price by 30% since May 09 (especially D15 and D16). I know the sellers are trying to bank in the profits in the event of a double dip in 2010.

I am more wary about the uncertainty of the rise in interest rate which will impact the maket.
    my personal opinion is, even if the interest rate rises, it will not be drastic as the whole world is still trying hard to recover from recession. But it is good to, always maintain a some cash/cpf buffer to avoid surprises.

Definitely, there are many sellers asking for sky high price. but there are also serious seller. just make it a habit to scan classified, iproperty, propertyguru each day. go for house viewing to understand seller's baseline. at current market, you cant ask for huge discount, but as long as price is reasonable at current market rate, and is not lousing unit (like low floor or lousy facing, etc) i will consider it a good buy.

There is always risk involved. Buy now or wait further for double dip.. it depends on which risk you can stomach. missing the boat or holding on to the property.

Quote Originally Posted by teddybear
    Why marina bay or sentosa cove only? Many other places available depending on your budget.

I guess most people want to own a unit there to show their statues.

Quote Originally Posted by Property_Owner
    I am more interested in the marina bay and sentosa cove units 'coz i believed in the hype that if singapore is successful in remaking itself into a "Monaco".. These 2 places will be the most expensive in singapore..

Property_owner owned and stayed in Sentosa cove rite? ... If I buy for investment, do you think can rent out ? .. Coz Marina seems to be easier to rent out for working expats.. whereas those who stay in sentosa seems to be the type that don't need to work one...

Oh..btw... A doc heard from one of her patient (who is a successful businessman) that in march ..there might be impending govt measures to tighten the ppty market..(bizman heard from another govt insider in the ppty market regulation) and bizman mentioned all his friends are selling now.. and buying back later..

Dunno how true.. but I take it with a pinch of salt.. Anyone else heard this type of rumours..

I am more interested in the marina bay and sentosa cove units 'coz i believed in the hype that if singapore is successful in remaking itself into a "Monaco".. These 2 places will be the most expensive in singapore..

Property_owner owned and stayed in Sentosa cove rite? ... If I buy for investment, do you think can rent out ? .. Coz Marina seems to be easier to rent out for working expats.. whereas those who stay in sentosa seems to be the type that don't need to work one...

Oh..btw... A doc heard from one of her patient (who is a successful businessman) that in march ..there might be impending govt measures to tighten the ppty market..(bizman heard from another govt insider in the ppty market regulation) and bizman mentioned all his friends are selling now.. and buying back later..

Dunno how true.. but I take it with a pinch of salt.. Anyone else heard this type of rumours..
    Do expect yield to be terribly low for maybe next 1 year or so. Some owners dun even bother to rent out a all. Just leave it vacant. It depends on how urgent u wan the rental to come in. Be advice to top ujp a bit for installment. Also get a fix loan, sibor think creeping up soon.

Guess a person has to be careful because recently it was reported that condo owners are not regarded as on equal statues as landed owners in Sentosa (hint hint from the mouth of the landed owner being interviewed).

No need rumours lah, Govt has always stepped in to slow the rise and the measure is always aimed at the mass markets and HDBs (Note the word "slow" (but not to make it fall), but rise is rise and people still make money. The next time they do something, property owners will be very happy because from now to then for them to take action means prices must have gone up significantly again.

Sometimes to survive you have to go against e odds. But no one knows the future. If I can predict all.....I would had bought whole stack of Sail.

Confirm SIBOR creeping up. 12 mth SIBOR that is.

Sometimes to survive you have to go against e odds. But no one knows the future. If I can predict all.....I would had bought whole stack of Sail.
    Wow, buying the whole stack of Sail. That's something!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by moneyspinner
    Wow, buying the whole stack of Sail. That's something!!!!!!!!!!!!

I mean last time lei. If I knew prices will chong so much in 07 during launch will buy 1 stack....stack 19 will do. keke

I mean last time lei. If I knew prices will chong so much in 07 during launch will buy 1 stack....stack 19 will do. keke
    Can share share what's your secret to accummulate so much wealth or not? Need to really learn from the MASTER!

so the general consensus is that renting out your HDB flat and to buy and stay in a condo (within your budget) is good to go?

Quote Originally Posted by levittdub
    so the general consensus is that renting out your HDB flat and to buy and stay in a condo (within your budget) is good to go?
    As long as your monthly housing repayments (HDB AND PRIVATE) are 30% of your take home ncome. You should be ok.

I would not count the hdb rent as there is no garantee that this income will come in consistently.

Do expect yield to be terribly low for maybe next 1 year or so. Some owners dun even bother to rent out a all. Just leave it vacant. It depends on how urgent u wan the rental to come in. Be advice to top ujp a bit for installment. Also get a fix loan, sibor think creeping up soon.
    Thanks
    Would be good to have yield to support the loan.
    If not, I would be able to pay for the installment without the loan too.

Hmm.. ok.. like you say.. when everyone thinks it is going to correct... you bite the bullet and take a contrarian stand?..

Back to my thinking board..keke

Thanks
    Would be good to have yield to support the loan.
    If not, I would be able to pay for the installment without the loan too.

Hmm.. ok.. like you say.. when everyone thinks it is going to correct... you bite the bullet and take a contrarian stand?..

Back to my thinking board..keke
    I guess we come to a stage for those that bought Bay area and Sentosa knows that rental can't support the installment. Remember the latest sail unit that I posted for a 2 bdrm sold @ 305xpsf, abt 2.6 plus million. Even if he can get 6k for rental..yield is only abt 2.7%. Please note Sail rental only abt $6psf to $6.50psf max max. Let's say next player comes in to purchase @ 3400psf after IR is up, his yield will be reduced to 2.3%. Will Sail hit 4000psf? I don't want to know the answer.

Be warn, risk is always there. Play safe.

think worst case - assume prices correct by 20% and banks ask for topup, and if you can still payback and keep yoir usual buffer, then by all means.

if you require rent to cover another property's financing and do not have a buffer, it's a huge risk

unlike many in here, poorer folks like me prefer to be safe - dun play stocks, dun gamble - just purely PMs and property i can afford

the best time to buy property is when :

you can afford .. and
    you like what you see

I thought you were going to buy a FH landed property at East Coast or Seletar?

How come now switch focus to Marina Bay or Sentosa Cove?

You are not very "focused".

Quote Originally Posted by august
    The danger of public housing... is ... got higher probability of neighbours setting their flats on fire when they want to end their life.

That's why my family decided to move on to landed properties but still looking...keke..

For my case, the alert came when some stupid addict dunno do what at one of the levels and accidentally set fire to the lobby area.
    how about sentosa cove
    Money no enough..
    I'm satisfied with FH land in east coast or seletar ..

Quote Originally Posted by jlrx
    I thought you were going to buy a FH landed property at East Coast or Seletar?

How come now switch focus to Marina Bay or Sentosa Cove?

You are not very "focused".
    Hehe.. FH landed is for own stay.. and that one will take forever with my parents being those super particular type... my budget only max $3mil for own stay ..and those $3mil location and land is not particular attractive.. seems like $4-5mil is the sweet spot for nice location and nice house...

Marina Bay/Sentosa is for investment.. different... . .so can buy anything in $2mil to $3mil range also..

But you are right..i'm not focus.. that's why i nicked myself FOCUS.. keke... to remind myself..

and also.. my wishy washy is cause this is my first time buying residential properties...(staying in HDB with fantastic view to my parents and amenities at my doorstep) and it is a big leap from buying shares..
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by focus; 20-01-10 at 23:42.

Hehe.. FH landed is for own stay.. and that one will take forever with my parents being those super particular type... my budget only max $3mil for own stay ..and those $3mil location and land is not particular attractive.. seems like $4-5mil is the sweet spot for nice location and nice house...
    Regarding the $4-5mil is "sweet spot" for nice location and nice house ...

What type of house are you looking at? Terrace, Semi-D or Bungalow?

Is it old type or newly-built?

How many storeys?

Around what area?

Quote Originally Posted by jlrx
    Regarding the $4-5mil is "sweet spot" for nice location and nice house ...

What type of house are you looking at? Terrace, Semi-D or Bungalow?

Is it old type or newly-built?

How many storeys?

Around what area?
    Just East Coast and Serangoon and Seletar Hills.. Those $4mil Semi-Ds is around 4000sqft and newly built..

Usually around $2-3mil is around 2000sqft - 3000sqft newly built. They average $900-1000 psf for Serangoon/Seletar but more for East Coast now.

Never keep track for a month already... as I got tired going house hunting

Never keep track for a month already... as I got tired going house hunting
    Not only tiring, but also quite stressful ... throw cheque, reject, throw again ...

That's why I check with you (let you do the legwork while I just become armchair house hunter).

But no choice, I think I'll have to get out of my armchair again very soon.

Focus, dont mind me saying but i find it a bit odd. you have accumulated quite a fair bit and living in a hdb with your parents all this while to only start looking for a property to buy now? You have been in this forum long enough to know that this is not the appropriate time to be buying property now and count the number of boats you have missed since day one when you joined this forum and entered into discussions here...

Marina Bay/Sentosa is for investment.. different... . .so can buy anything in $2mil to $3mil range also..

But you are right..i'm not focus.. that's why i nicked myself FOCUS.. keke... to remind myself..

and also.. my wishy washy is cause this is my first time buying residential properties...(staying in HDB with fantastic view to my parents and amenities at my doorstep) and it is a big leap from buying shares..

Quote Originally Posted by Regulators
    Focus, dont mind me saying but i find it a bit odd. you have accumulated quite a fair bit and living in a hdb with your parents all this while to only start looking for a property to buy now? You have been in this forum long enough to know that this is not the appropriate time to be buying property now and count the number of boats you have missed since day one when you joined this forum and entered into discussions here...

Focus is also a ''卧虎藏龙''? Hmmm..... Stay HDB(Likely to drive a Bimmer with a HDB season parking tag) looking for a 3m landed for own stay with spare cash of another 3 m to invest?

This guy likely to be in his 30s only....

Focus, you are pretty unbelievable.... after so long in this forum, you are still sitting on your $6M cash pile and waiting for prices "to be reasonable"?!!!

Okie dokie... For one, prices of landed have really gone up tremendously. In Feb 09, $1.4M can get a FH inter-terrace at Ming Teck Park D10 (I was so close to buying, and owner was willing to close at $1.38M, but I hesitated and thought.. and missed the boat), in Aug 09, $1.2M - $1.4M can get an inter-terrace along West Coast D5 or Opera Estate D15. But now, $1.4M can probably get a same-sized inter-terrace along Sembawang/Yio Chu Kang (D20-27). In short, what a difference 1 year makes. Will it go up further? Or will it come down again? Nobody knows.

The same goes for apt/condos. But $6M is no small sum. For this amt, I'd rather place my bets on a good sized (ie 5500sqft and above) semi-detached along D10/D11. Go for the land... not the built up. You have the moolah, can always rebuild. Look for squarish plots with wide frontage, and not at T-junctions. When it comes to landed, the Chinese towkays (who are your potential buyers when you wish to offload) can get real superstitious about the fengshui element.

Property is all about holding power. Singapore has strong fundamentals and property will hold its intrinsic value over the long term. Forget about short term market fluctuations and go for the long term big picture, esp IF you are in your 30s.

My 2 cents.

I have seen an owner in bt panjang driving a Nissan GTR and I am starting to wonder. A person driving a $230k car and living in a $350k home? I also saw another owner driving a BMW Z4 and living in a $3xxk HDB flat in Bukit Batok. So far have not seen a HDB flat owner driving a Ferrari, Porsche or Lambo

Focus is also a ''卧虎藏龙''? Hmmm..... Stay HDB(Likely to drive a Bimmer with a HDB season parking tag) looking for a 3m landed for own stay with spare cash of another 3 m to invest?

This guy likely to be in his 30s only....