Thread: More HDB flats in Punggol with two new BTO projects

mr funny is offline Any complaints please PM me

Default More HDB flats in Punggol with two new BTO projects

http://www.businesstimes.com.sg/sub/...59846,00.html?

Published November 17, 2009

More HDB flats in Punggol with two new BTO projects

Punggol Sails and Punggol Ripples will have a total of 1,078 new flats

By UMA SHANKARI

THE Housing & Development Board (HDB) yesterday launched new build-to- order (BTO) projects at Punggol with a total of 1,078 flats.

And four more BTO projects - with 2,700 flats in all - can be expected next month in Bukit Panjang, Sembawang and Dawson.

Including the two latest Punggol projects - Punggol Sails and Punggol Ripples - HDB has offered about 10,800 flats under BTO and other exercises so far this year. Last month HDB announced plans to ramp up the supply of new flats to meet increased demand for public housing.

HDB also said that with effect from this BTO exercise, 95 per cent of the supply of two, three, four and five-room flats will be set aside for first-timers.

'This will give greater priority to first-timers, who generally have more urgent housing needs than second-timers,' it said.

Punggol Sails and Punggol Ripples will have 130 studio apartments and 436 three-room, 403 four-room and 109 five-room flats.

Studio apartments will be priced from $65,000 to $92,000; three-room flats will sell for $158,000 to $185,000; four-room flats for $249,000 to $305,000; and five-room flats for $332,000 to $377,000.

PropNex chief executive Mohamed Ismail expects strong interest in the new projects.

'Plans are already underway to construct the 4.9km Punggol Promenade linking the estate's two activity clusters,' he said. 'As part of the Punggol 21 Master Plan, this will enliven the area and increase the value of homes there.'

He expects the two BTO projects to be at least five times subscribed on the back of the increasing HDB resale price index.

BTO projects are typically cheaper than resale flats. The typical selling prices of new units are 10-20 per cent cheaper than those of comparable resale units in the area, Mr Ismail said.

HDB expects first-time flat buyers will need to use 23-27 per cent of their monthly household income to meet their monthly loan commitments for these two projects.

The agency says this is well below the 30 per cent international benchmark for affordable housing.

oversupply of flats in punggol. govt has been trying their level best to sell punggol for years and i hope those idiots will not continue to buy into the crap that govt said they were going to do to punggol. i remember back in the 90s when i was at HDB, they marked coney island area to be a water sports hub, but if you ever go to that beach, you will know that it is impossible due to the toxic air and water caused by the petrochemical plant in pasir gudang.

In another words, does it mean punggol flats cannot buy due to poisonous air and water nearby? Punggol Residences BTO which is <5min from Punggol MRT station 100% sold out. Most probably 5years later can sell for a big profit wor...

Quote Originally Posted by Wynners
    In another words, does it mean punggol flats cannot buy due to poisonous air and water nearby? Punggol Residences BTO which is <5min from Punggol MRT station 100% sold out. Most probably 5years later can sell for a big profit wor...
    maybe yes maybe not ..

many yrs ago they launched Punggol 21 ... whatever happened to it now ??

plan was postponed forever ... and now new plans ?

just pray no more crisis .. cos if there is , first plan to scrap will be those in the outskirts ... govt will consolidate their money and spend on IRs and Orchard prime districts

Nowadays, staying near Punggol MRT station is consider prime location. 300k for a 4rm flat for Punggol Residences BTO seems a bargain. Anyway, it seems this time government is serious about developing Punggol into a waterfront living town.

Nowadays, staying near Punggol MRT station is consider prime location. 300k for a 4rm flat for Punggol Residences BTO seems a bargain. Anyway, it seems this time government is serious about developing Punggol into a waterfront living town.
    300k 4 rm flat .... how big ?

i think we all talk psf easier ...

300k may look cheap .. but if they build mickey mouse 4 bedroom .. then 300k may be expensive

I tink the 4room is around 93sqm, about 1000sqft. So in terms of psf, is about 300psf. Less than 5min to punggol station and interchange wor...

flooring is homogenous tiles for living room and timber strip flooring for bedrooms, toilet fully furnished as well. Everything provided same as condo except kitchen cabinets, bedroom wardrobes and aircon not provided.

flooring is homogenous tiles for living room and timber strip flooring for bedrooms, toilet fully furnished as well. Everything provided same as condo except kitchen cabinets, bedroom wardrobes and aircon not provided.

sure
    if 1000 sqft 4 room ... thats 3 bedrooms + living room

if thats comfortable size to you ..then yes thats fairly cheap ...considering its 5 mins from MRT ...

Not for me la... how i wished i also can get a unit at Punggol Residences BTO at this price. Sure got potential for appreciation.

Not for me la... how i wished i also can get a unit at Punggol Residences BTO at this price. Sure got potential for appreciation.
    i grew up at Florence rd ..at that time there was no hougang HDB , nor sengkang

moved to Hougang when the est only had 25 HDB blocks when i was 13 yr old ...... stayed there for many yrs ... then moved to where the Hougang Mall is now .. for 3 yrs .. before i finally left the estate for good ..

i applied to a unit for years and never got it ( balloting) .. finally moved to CCK area where there were more to choose from

then sengkang was developed ..

i still go back to visit my parents who have 'rooted' in hougang..
    despite the changes, development .. i really never regretted moving out ..

mainly becos i work in CBD and from west into CBD is much smoother , than coming in from East or NE

Wah... CCK is quite far from Hougang where your parents stay. Actually i also in the same scenario, my future home will be in Simei while my parents stay in clementi. But its quite exciting to live in a new estate after staying in the west since young.

Reporter is offline F01 N54 Sheer Driving Pleasure

Quote Originally Posted by proud owner
    i grew up at Florence rd ..at that time there was no hougang HDB , nor sengkang

moved to Hougang when the est only had 25 HDB blocks when i was 13 yr old ...... stayed there for many yrs ... then moved to where the Hougang Mall is now .. for 3 yrs .. before i finally left the estate for good ..

i applied to a unit for years and never got it ( balloting) .. finally moved to CCK area where there were more to choose from

then sengkang was developed ..

i still go back to visit my parents who have 'rooted' in hougang..
    despite the changes, development .. i really never regretted moving out ..

mainly becos i work in CBD and from west into CBD is much smoother , than coming in from East or NE
    After shopping at Hougang Mall, your parents can visit you at your CBD office in 20-30 minutes via KPE.

15 minutes in a Camry if they "know" KPE well and when the traffic is clear.

Quote Originally Posted by Reporter
    After shopping at Hougang Mall, your parents can visit you at your CBD office in 20-30 minutes via KPE.

yes with the KPE its possible ... if they lift the speed limit in the tunnel ... lagi fast ..

in fact my brother who lives in sengkang ..uses KPE alot and he loves it .. but thats after over 10 yrs of inconvenience ...

so the new punggol mrt ..is it up already ? or another 5 yrs of waiting ?

Punggol MRT station is up already. For ppl staying in NE like Sengkang and punggol, taking public transport is rather convenient. Except for the pollutive porblem u mentioned, actually not bad for the price of housing there which is quite cheap.

Quote Originally Posted by Reporter

Why must be "Camry"?

Reporter is offline F01 N54 Sheer Driving Pleasure

Quote Originally Posted by jlrx
    Why must be "Camry"?
    Cos' Camry is the best-selling midsize sedan I think?

the pollution problem is a big problem there. do a google search and key in 'pollution' 'punggol' and you get articles written about the problem there.

Punggol MRT station is up already. For ppl staying in NE like Sengkang and punggol, taking public transport is rather convenient. Except for the pollutive porblem u mentioned, actually not bad for the price of housing there which is quite cheap.