Thread: Bayshore Park

Default Bayshore Park

Hello all, need some help with Bayshore Park. I am curious about the walls of the apartment, seems that it is not like the normal walls of most developments. The walls are hollow, not sure what the correct term is called. The walls are the same is those you see in other countries in the west. Is this the norm throughout the entire development?

Quote Originally Posted by parchiao
    Hello all, need some help with Bayshore Park. I am curious about the walls of the apartment, seems that it is not like the normal walls of most developments. The walls are hollow, not sure what the correct term is called. The walls are the same is those you see in other countries in the west. Is this the norm throughout the entire development?
    those are false wall .. not concrete ...

Is norm for bayshore park. It is built this way. U can reconfgure the layout, just take note of the pillars and conceal piping.

Would the false walls give an impression of lower value?

I am also concerned with the bathroom walls, some units that I have viewed seems to have water leaking through.

I am also concerned with the bathroom walls, some units that I have viewed seems to have water leaking through.

the value of bayshore park is not in its interior or layout. it is the space, greenery, location, seaview, and the enbloc potential.

for the water leaking problem, i think, if buy into old project, renovation is inevitable, unless you buy a newly renovated unit.

Quote Originally Posted by Douk
    the value of bayshore park is not in its interior or layout. it is the space, greenery, location, seaview, and the enbloc potential.

for the water leaking problem, i think, if buy into old project, renovation is inevitable, unless you buy a newly renovated unit.
    When U renovate, change ALL the water piping. Ask for the longest lasting type of piping,... some resin type is the latest I heard. full external piping should cost <$3K I heard for a condo, that with good material and thoughtful layout.

Reporter is offline F01 N54 Sheer Driving Pleasure

Wrong post!

Value is subjective. You may have an original condition apt with water leakage BUT a splendid full seaview which may still command a higher value than a superbly renvoated apt with no-view at all.

I have seen some very well renovated ones in bayshore but will still settle for a run-down one with great seaview anytime but that's just me. My stance is that interiors can always be fixed with a bit of $$$ but a lousy view cannot be rectified no matter how much you spend.

The good thing about bayshore park is the wide expanse of space and the seaview for certain units. It is quite pleasant to take a walk around the estate in the evenings. It also has its conveniences such as proximity to the beach, a mini-mart and food outlets. When I owned units there before, Koreans used to like to rent the place.

There are pros and cons with the plaster walls. It makes it very easy to reconfigure the layout. The only problem is soundproofing as the walls will be quite thin. As for water leakage, it is a perennial problem for old apts. Understand the mgt replaced the main pipes some years back but the piping in the individual apts was not touched and would be quite old already. One of my bayshore apt was affected by water leakage from the top unit's master bathroom and the owner had to foot the bill. Also the lifts used to break down quite frequently although I do not know whether the MC has done anything to rectify or replace.

Just my worth.

Also, this thread should be moved to D.16.
    Last edited by proper-t; 14-05-10 at 17:01.

Default Re: Bayshore Park

Bayshore Park unit going for $1.2 mil

By Bong Xin Ying / EdgeProp Singapore

December 13, 2019

SINGAPORE (EDGEPROP) - A 1,173 sq ft, three-bedroom unit at Bayshore Park – located near Bedok South Avenue 1 in District 16 – was put up for its first auction with Edmund Tie on Dec 11. The property has a guide price of $1.2 million ($1,023 psf).

According to Edmund Tie, this is a mortgagee sale and the 99-year leasehold property was first put up for auction last month via a different auctioneer at the same guide price.

The 21st floor unit – which comes with a living and dining area and a kitchen – was sold with vacant possession, on an “as is where is” basis.

As there were no bids, the property was withdrawn.

Describing the unit, Edmund Tie’s head of auction and sales Joy Tan says both the living room and the master bedroom offer “good, unblocked views of the surrounding landed estate”. She adds that the unit, being on a high floor, is “bright and very windy”.

According to caveats lodged with URA Realis, there were five transactions made in November at Bayshore Park. The latest transaction was for a 2,196 sq ft four-bedroom unit. Located on the 24th floor, the unit was sold for $2.3 million ($1,047 psf) on Nov 15. Before that, a 1,292 sq ft unit on the 17th floor was sold for $1.2 million ($929 psf) on Nov 12.

Developed by Ocean Front, Bayshore Park was completed in 1986 and comprises 1,093 units over 32 floors. The development is an 8-minute drive to nearby complexes like Bedok Mall and Changi City Point while Jewel Changi Airport and Parkway Parade are a 12-minute drive away.

The future Bayshore MRT Station on the Thomson-East Coast line – to be completed in 2023 – is also nearby. Under the URA Draft Master Plan 2019, the government’s plans to rejuvenate Bayshore with new housing amenities to be added. With this in mind, Tan says that the unit offers “future capital appreciation” with “better connectivity directly to the CBD and Orchard Shopping Belt.”

She also adds that Bayshore Park enjoys “healthy rental” from tenants who are working at Changi Airport and Changi Business Park. For nature lovers, East Coast Park is a stroll away via an underpass. Bayshore Park is also a 3-minute drive from Temasek Primary School, a 6-minute drive from Temasek Junior College, and an 8-minute drive from Victoria Junior College.

“We have received interests from prospects looking for [their] own stay,” says Tan. PICTURES: EDMUND TIE