Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Can I combine 2 adjoining terraces into 1 ?

Quote Originally Posted by xebay11
    Maybe we can start a co-operative
    PSC, Pty SG Cooperative

Quote Originally Posted by Property_Owner
    Following the above link, I find a very wise comment ...

Quote Originally Posted by Property_Owner
    If you make profit all parties will be happy. If sell @ loss even hubby n wifey also can turn face
    I guess that's why property developers can make their money.

dear gurus,

really enjoyed reading this thread... machiam like a very good dream coming true...

so hor, how did the story continue huh?

so was the co-op formed?
    has proud owner bot the ABC road houses yet?

hee...

rgds,
    fc

Quote Originally Posted by limfc
    dear gurus,

really enjoyed reading this thread... machiam like a very good dream coming true...

so was the co-op formed?

hee...

rgds,
    fc
    I already scared off by jlrx's initial seed capital of $5mil each ... This forum I think only property_owner, jlrx, devilplate and proud owner can come out with this type of money without giving up something else in return. Anyone else with that type of capital I missed out.. apologies.. I didn't mean to.

If you can come up with a smaller scale deployment, maybe the "Excitement" will be lit up again..

Quote Originally Posted by focus
    I already scared off by jlrx's initial seed capital of $5mil each ... This forum I think only property_owner, jlrx, devilplate and proud owner can come out with this type of money without giving up something else in return. Anyone else with that type of capital I missed out.. apologies.. I didn't mean to.

If you can come up with a smaller scale deployment, maybe the "Excitement" will be lit up again..
    Smaller scale developments can be undertaken alone. Nowadays there are many mini-developers/speculators buying up old landed houses, tearing down and rebuilding them, and then selling them for a profit of $100k to $200k each, depending on market conditions.

I was thinking of doing that but gave up in the end because too busy at work, not worth the trouble. Especially if the buyers are fussy and later demand you rectify this and that fault, there'll be no end to troubles.

On the other hand, for "retirees" like you, it may be worthwhile to do. Of course like for all developers, there's a risk that the market plunges and you end up incurring a loss - wasting time and losing money.

However, if the market shoots up while you are rebuilding, the profits can easily come to at least half-a-million or more per house e.g. during the past few years.

Quote Originally Posted by limfc
    dear gurus,

so was the co-op formed?

hee...

rgds,
    fc

hahahah

in a row of 2 corners and 2 inter .. i only managed to get 1 of the 4 .. still waiting for another to agree to sell ..waiting .. and waiting ... hopefully one day i can have that road sealed off and have it named after me ...

just found out that Kheam Hock road was named after my friend's grand uncle .. Lim Khean Hock ..

he is my idol ...

hahah

ya lor... buying old and rebuilding requires so much cash up front, prob at least $700k... might as well continue buying 'air' with the $$$ or just buy a ready built one... but must have a business purpose for ready built one, like running a hostel or something like that....

few months back, i went to see an old old devt along pasir panjang...
    after going into the walk up apt, i got a shock, the whole "home" become like mini-hotel... the buyer converted the living room and the kitchen into 2 more rooms... so from a 3 rm, become a 5 rms with no common area except a narrow passageway... some more 4 of the rooms got bath... and in each room, got LCD TV, washing machine + dryer, electric hotplate, like a mini hotel room..

and 4 of the 5 rooms were rented out... abt 1k+ each... the rental was good! 7-8% yield...

but from the looks of the reno, i highly suspect the reno is not approved one... so dun dare to consider... later ura ask me to restore back, then xiao liao....

Quote Originally Posted by jlrx
    Smaller scale developments can be undertaken alone. Nowadays there are many mini-developers/speculators buying up old landed houses, tearing down and rebuilding them, and then selling them for a profit of $100k to $200k each, depending on market conditions.

I was thinking of doing that but gave up in the end because too busy at work, not worth the trouble. Especially if the buyers are fussy and later demand you rectify this and that fault, there'll be no end to troubles.

On the other hand, for "retirees" like you, it may be worthwhile to do. Of course like for all developers, there's a risk that the market plunges and you end up incurring a loss - wasting time and losing money.

However, if the market shoots up while you are rebuilding, the profits can easily come to at least half-a-million or more per house e.g. during the past few years.

when you get the road named after you.... many people (including me of course) will idolize you man...

oh no no, i think i shld start to idolize you and all the other property gurus who can come up with $5mil cash...

Quote Originally Posted by proud owner
    hahahah

in a row of 2 corners and 2 inter .. i only managed to get 1 of the 4 .. still waiting for another to agree to sell ..waiting .. and waiting ... hopefully one day i can have that road sealed off and have it named after me ...

just found out that Kheam Hock road was named after my friend's grand uncle .. Lim Khean Hock ..

he is my idol ...

hahah