Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hazel Park Condo

Default Hazel Park Condo

Hi

Any comments for this condo?

Thinking of buying a 3 BR unit there.

Dont see much ads for sale considering that it is a huge project - almost 700 units

Any feedback appreciated

Cheers

My friend has rented this place before. One of the set back was the morning traffic from the site to Upper Bukit Timah Road. As it has only one small small out to the main road, it used to have a long waiting line during peak morning hour. I am not sure what is the situation. Good thing is of course DT line will be at your door step in 2015

i know of the DTL.

Seen the place n it looks quiet.

any other feedback appreciated.

cheers

the mrt line is a plus pt for the future. Think govt going to sell some land at 10 miles area for condo development. might help to bring up the price. But my preference is cashew heights.

Quote Originally Posted by flying bear
    the mrt line is a plus pt for the future. Think govt going to sell some land at 10 miles area for condo development. might help to bring up the price. But my preference is cashew heights.
    What is the reason for cashew heights? because of potential en bloc opportunities?

i prefer cashew heights too for the easier access.

when i compare cashew heights, cashew park, the espa and Hazel park, it seems that Hazel park offers the best facilities at a better value in terms of price psf and age amongst the 4 condos.

I wont bring Linear and Maysprings into the equation as I never really considered these 2 projects.

I dont know if there is any enbloc possibility for cashew heights, cashew park and Hazel park.

What is odd is that there are not as many transactions as the Hillview area condos (Glendale Park, Hillview Heights, Hillington Green, Hillview Apt, Hillview Park, Merawoods, Mera Lodge, The Petals, Amston, Hillview Residence, Hillview 128, Hilltop Grove, Hillbrooks, Century Mansion, Hillview Regency - sorry if i left any other condo out or mispelt names as i type by memory) given that Cashew Heights has almost 600 units and Hazel Park has almost 700 units each.

cheers

Any good development is Dairy Farm, near Rail Mail, easy access, low raise, big estate and will have a DT line in door step. I found it is very than some new Hill View new development

When DTL 2 construction starts in 1H 2010, traffic along Upper Bukit Timah will be nightmarish. Cashew heights and Diary Farm accessibility via Petir and Diary Farm Road will be a big plus versus Hazel Park. If you can deal with 3-4 years of traffic congestion and potential exodus of tenants due to noise/congestion, I will avoid picking any condos along Upper Bukit Timah and Hillview till completion of tunnelling work in 2013/2014....just my 2 cts worth
    Last edited by moneymatters; 13-11-09 at 15:08.

agreed on the DTL construction but what to do, i need to get a place in 6 mths time so will have to bear with the construction.....

I picked Hazel Park cos there is access through cashew road / petir rd to BKE n is newer than Cashew Heights / Cashew Park. I didnt pick the Espa cos I think it is not easy to get to petir rd in rush hour (must make a right turn along cashew road and traffic light is 20 / 30 m from the entrance - to get to petir rd).

considered the hume / hillview area but did not like the roads in / out of the area

Dairy Farm is nice but out of budget.

Ten Mile Junction is up for bidding in Jan 2010 according to URA website for a residential development.

I guess the whole area is / will be going through a huge upgrade.

Anyway, any more feedback welcomed

cheers

once the construction for DTL starts, the surrounding area will be noisy and dusty that alot of tenants will try to move if possible. This is what I see with some people in the east. Same for balestier area.

Agreed on the construction issue.

I dont know if the construction will start

1. from 2 ends (Newton start n Bukit Panjang start at the same time) and meet in between or
    2. construction is from end to end i.e. Either Bukit Panjang / Newton start first
    3. Construct the stations first and later construct the tunnels between stations

My guess is that each method of construction will see different activities along Bukit Timah / Dunearn / Upper Bukit Timah Road - and it will mean congestions happening either at the same time or at different periods depending on the level of activity.

An example I use to envision the congestion, traffic flow and effect on people is the construction of the Farrer Road Circle Line station - it has been quite a long time since Farrer Road Station started construction.

Initially a lot of congestions but overtime, people got used to it. I dont see / hear of rentals in the condos being affected adversely due to the MRT works (but I may be wrong). The whole area got a upgrading and should look quite nice once done.

In fact, the Farrer Court Enbloc was done even when the MRT works was carried out.

I guess that the current owners of the Cashew Area condos (and other property owners on the down town line plan) just have to bear with the grind and look at future benefits..... (5 years from now)

Default Hazal Park Condo

Hi folks

any comments about investing in Hazal Park Condo. I'm looking to buy one there, but not too sure how it is like now.

can advise, pls. Thx

Assuming if you do not mind a totally ulu location, you need to contend with lots of traffic congestion due to the ongoing construction works at upper bukit timah road. Facilities for the condo are ok though. If you must buy, do not pay more than $800psf plus minus for the 999LH condo.

My take is that only those who have been staying in the vicinity for umpteen years would take to such locations. As they say, it requires an "acquired taste"
    Last edited by Geylang OKT; 16-11-10 at 05:37.

Default Hazel Park

Thanks Geyland OKT. Good advices

Quote Originally Posted by lululaura
    Thanks Geyland OKT. Good advices
    I would suggest that you do a visit to the place and look / see for your self.

What i find interesting is the following phenomena

A. Compare Espa, Mayspring, Linear, Cashew Park, Cashew Heights, Hazel Park

Mayspring and Linear are considered Apartments while the rest are considered Condos by URA.

B. The prices of 99 and 999 Strata have diverged since 2008, 2009 and 2010 for these 6 projects

C. MRT work

Most affected (Access, dusty, Noise) to least afected

1. Linear and Espa
    2. Hazel Park, Mayspring,
    3. Cashew Park and Cashew Heights

D Proximity to MRT

Espa, Hazel Park, Cashew Park and Cashew Heights close to Cashew MRT Station

Mayspring n Linear close to Bukit Panjang LRT n MRT

Close = up to 300 mtr from main entrance

E Road n Bus Access

All affected but LTA has tried to minimize disruptions by siting bus stops, walkways, yellow box appropriately. Roads not smooth n bumpy due to excavations etc for MRT

F Age of Projects and Strata

Oldest to newest

1. Cashew Heights / Cashew Park
    2. Hazel Park / Mayspring
    3. Linear
    4. Espa

G Price Movements (anecdotal) from 2009 to 2010

Most to least (Gross $)

1. Cashew Heights / Hazel Park
    2. Cashew Park
    3. Espa
    4. Mayspring / Linear

- Check out the price and Status (http://www.ura.gov.sg/realEstateWeb/...Controller.jpf)

My Conclusion with Disclaimer
    (Right or wrong is my conclusion n not to be construed / taken as advice to invest or buy)

99 year condo at Petir Rd at avg $800+ psf or more can sell and Govt announced proposed EC at Petir Road + Ten Mile Junction project = prices will move up to the $800+ or more.

Which Project will move up in price further i.e. upside? My bet is for all but specifically Cashew Heights n Hazel Park. I think $900 psf or more for Hazel Park is possible

Another observation -

Both Cashew Heights / Hazel Park are mostly high rise n situated on a hill. Both quite windy. Cashew Park also on hill but situated on lower slope than Cashew Heights/ Hazel Park.

Espa, Linear, Mayspring all on generally flat ground.

Cheers

In terms of evening peak traffic, someone who lives in Hillview will reach home much earlier than Cashew side because there're numerous options to turn out from Upper Bukit Timah before the jam via either (i) Jurong Kechil (ii) Fire station junction (iii) Hume ave. The evening jam only starts AFTER Hume Ave. My friend who stays in Dairy Farm is always envious that I manage to siam the jam that commence somewhere near the Rail Mall (mainly because of the bus lane). So from a travelling time perspective, there is no question that Hillview is superior. It will also be one MRT station before Cashew and sometimes 1 MRT station does wonders to valuation. Just imagine Novena and Toa Payoh price difference. Hillview can also access Dairy Farm Road easily via Hillview Road and then Dairy Farm to BKE. The MRT construction has commenced for some time and no lanes have been removed but the roads have become more winding

None of the Hillview condos are too affected by the MRT construction noise/pollution because there is a natural green barrier provided by the KTM rail track.

I've seen one unit at Hazel Park before and it has the oddest layout. The moment you walk in, you face a wall! And then u have to turn left to living room and right to bedroom. I hated it. But I'm not sure if all units are like that though. Other than that odd layout and the pink exterior, I think it is a fairly cosy development. The biggest plus point is the 1.8m deep pool which is really rare nowadays.

Becase Hillview have more condos lah. Compare one-on-one and you will realise the transactions at say Hazel Park is probably higher than say Glendale Park (smaller condo with 400 units).

Quote Originally Posted by Vento95
    i prefer cashew heights too for the easier access.

when i compare cashew heights, cashew park, the espa and Hazel park, it seems that Hazel park offers the best facilities at a better value in terms of price psf and age amongst the 4 condos.

I wont bring Linear and Maysprings into the equation as I never really considered these 2 projects.

I dont know if there is any enbloc possibility for cashew heights, cashew park and Hazel park.

What is odd is that there are not as many transactions as the Hillview area condos (Glendale Park, Hillview Heights, Hillington Green, Hillview Apt, Hillview Park, Merawoods, Mera Lodge, The Petals, Amston, Hillview Residence, Hillview 128, Hilltop Grove, Hillbrooks, Century Mansion, Hillview Regency - sorry if i left any other condo out or mispelt names as i type by memory) given that Cashew Heights has almost 600 units and Hazel Park has almost 700 units each.

cheers

Quote Originally Posted by Wild Falcon
    Becase Hillview have more condos lah. Compare one-on-one and you will realise the transactions at say Hazel Park is probably higher than say Glendale Park (smaller condo with 400 units).
    Guess you may be right.

However, now that the MRT construction is ongoing, I also notice that the number of ads for sale at Hazel Park have increased.

Could be due to price uptrend and owners are in a positive position vis a vis buying price.

I saw about 50 ads for sale (could be the same ad different agent etc...). I assume it is 1 unit = 1 ad and we have a simple ratio of about 7% of units for sale.

I saw about 45 ads for rental (could be the same ad different agent etc...). I assume it is 1 unit = 1 ad and we have a simple ratio of about 7% of units for rental

Note - all ads from http://www.propertyguru.com.sg/proje...park-condo-291
    Am I making any sense?

Rental seems nicely priced though.

I heard an anecdotal quote that a 5 BR HDB in Bedok was rented out at S$2,800 / mth.

But I am comparing HDB to Condo so may not be right.

Anyway I believe with the recent new measures by the Govt, the supply of existing homes for sale / rent has fallen but the demand has not dropped - hence the continued upside in prices. I dont have the statistical data but just a gut feel.

I am rambling on so I will stop here .

Cheers

I am pretty optimistic that Hazel Park Condo will hit above $1100 psf (units facing bk timah hill should fetch more) when the MRT is nearing completion. Furthermore, the plot of land in front of mayspring is slated for mixed commercial/residential purpose, alrady tendered out. Tennery which is 99 yr LH is selling for above $1200 psf should all bring up the price of hazel park condo in the mid term.

Hazel park has the attributes of a good and self-sufficient condo...quiet, huge with "over-supply" of facilities, super-low maintenance, undervalued psf of ard $800 plus now. Potential is endless...

Quote Originally Posted by Vento95
    Guess you may be right.

However, now that the MRT construction is ongoing, I also notice that the number of ads for sale at Hazel Park have increased.

Could be due to price uptrend and owners are in a positive position vis a vis buying price.

I saw about 50 ads for sale (could be the same ad different agent etc...). I assume it is 1 unit = 1 ad and we have a simple ratio of about 7% of units for sale.

I saw about 45 ads for rental (could be the same ad different agent etc...). I assume it is 1 unit = 1 ad and we have a simple ratio of about 7% of units for rental

Note - all ads from http://www.propertyguru.com.sg/proje...park-condo-291
    Am I making any sense?

Rental seems nicely priced though.

I heard an anecdotal quote that a 5 BR HDB in Bedok was rented out at S$2,800 / mth.

But I am comparing HDB to Condo so may not be right.

Anyway I believe with the recent new measures by the Govt, the supply of existing homes for sale / rent has fallen but the demand has not dropped - hence the continued upside in prices. I dont have the statistical data but just a gut feel.

I am rambling on so I will stop here .

Cheers

Quote Originally Posted by showa8
    I am pretty optimistic that Hazel Park Condo will hit above $1100 psf (units facing bk timah hill should fetch more) when the MRT is nearing completion. Furthermore, the plot of land in front of mayspring is slated for mixed commercial/residential purpose, alrady tendered out. Tennery which is 99 yr LH is selling for above $1200 psf should all bring up the price of hazel park condo in the mid term.

Hazel park has the attributes of a good and self-sufficient condo...quiet, huge with "over-supply" of facilities, super-low maintenance, undervalued psf of ard $800 plus now. Potential is endless...
    wah...1.1kpsf?? dun tink it will happen this cycle

i was thinking about buying Hazel Park at some point in my OCR search, but was detered by the poor rental yield at current prices. A 1335sf unit at 1.1 mil (cheapest i found http://www.propertyguru.com.sg/listi...zel-park-condo) can be rented out for slightly over $3k a month, translating to only 3.2%.

look at another neighbouring condo, Cashew heights. A 1658sf unit asking for $1.4 million (http://www.propertyguru.com.sg/listi...-heights-condo) but look at what a 1647sf unit is asking in terms of rental (taking the lowest to be conservative http://www.propertyguru.com.sg/listi...heights-condo). The rental yield works out to be only 2.8%.

Try the Geylang area. 3 bedroom FH unit can be had for $650k. Rental is $3.5k

bro, long time never see you around. I will buy 3 properties in geylang at 650k each if RLD rezoned somewhere else

Quote Originally Posted by Geylang OKT
    Try the Geylang area. 3 bedroom FH unit can be had for $650k. Rental is $3.5k

Buy Hazel one should look at the mid-term potential. 4yrs down the road, just imagine mrt right at ur door step, dun even need to cross the road. Price now is hovering at around 800psf, which in my opion is grossly undervalued. Hazel is 1 condo with psf not changing much since its first launch, the likely reason being it has been hidden behind trees and well concealed from the main road for many years until recently trees are being chopped down for mrt. Then ppl start to take notice of this gem.

Land is huge for this condo, around 400k sqft, and it's really fit for family living. FENG SHUI is good there too, I have a few friends there who are super successful in biz and careers and have since moved to Orchard area.

Quote Originally Posted by Regulators
    i was thinking about buying Hazel Park at some point in my OCR search, but was detered by the poor rental yield at current prices. A 1335sf unit at 1.1 mil (cheapest i found http://www.propertyguru.com.sg/listi...zel-park-condo) can be rented out for slightly over $3k a month, translating to only 3.2%.

bro, long time never see you around. I will buy 3 properties in geylang at 650k each if RLD rezoned somewhere else
    I was rounding up more chickens mah

i agree this is a good condo with good long term prospects, but could wait for the price to soften before going in. btw i don't know when they are going to demolish the row of old shophouses fronting the road beside linear, coz they are quite unsightly, especially with lorries parking beside them all the time.

Buy Hazel one should look at the mid-term potential. 4yrs down the road, just imagine mrt right at ur door step, dun even need to cross the road. Price now is hovering at around 800psf, which in my opion is grossly undervalued. Hazel is 1 condo with psf not changing much since its first launch, the likely reason being it has been hidden behind trees and well concealed from the main road for many years until recently trees are being chopped down for mrt. Then ppl start to take notice of this gem.

Land is huge for this condo, around 400k sqft, and it's really fit for family living. FENG SHUI is good there too, I have a few friends there who are super successful in biz and careers and have since moved to Orchard area.

if this hazel can hit 1.1kpsf....den those condos like Sterling gona hit 1.6-1.8kpsf? hmm....hehe....now terrene PH at 1kpsf seems cheap liao.....i still can rmb the nice PH layout at terrene....

Haha, The Jardin opposite Sterling already hit over 1.8psf liao....Sterling is inching closer to 1.5psf. All using proximity to mrt as selling point. In actual fact, Sterling is the 1 which is nearest.

Wonder how much will the psf goes up which nearing mrt completion date???

Quote Originally Posted by devilplate
    if this hazel can hit 1.1kpsf....den those condos like Sterling gona hit 1.6-1.8kpsf? hmm....hehe....now terrene PH at 1kpsf seems cheap liao.....i still can rmb the nice PH layout at terrene....

think no plans yet, but actually those shophouses are providing much convenience for residents of Hazel Park Condo..kinda old world charm too. I might get a unit at Hazel cos of the old shophouses, then no need to walk further down to get my supplies....

i agree this is a good condo with good long term prospects, but could wait for the price to soften before going in. btw i don't know when they are going to demolish the row of old shophouses fronting the road beside linear, coz they are quite unsightly, especially with lorries parking beside them all the time.