Thread: Govt measures to control property market from 1975 to date / Prices to peak mid 2010

Default Govt measures to control property market from 1975 to date / Prices to peak mid 2010

Analysts believe the ceiling has been touched and prices will peak around mid 2010.

Sellers - better hold.
    Buyers - better buy now.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by mcmlxxvi; 11-11-09 at 10:47.

Quote Originally Posted by mcmlxxvi
    Analysts believe the ceiling has been touched and prices will peak around mid 2010.

Sellers - better hold.
    Buyers - better buy now.

will peak at mid 2010 ?

so thats another 6-9 mths ... still ask people to buy ?

I don't trust all these reports. 4Q lag all these are crap. I remember reading a report saying that a recession will have a 6-8Q of decline for property. After 4Q, V recovery.

Quote Originally Posted by proud owner
    will peak at mid 2010 ?

so thats another 6-9 mths ... still ask people to buy ?
    Ya buy now, then 6-9 mths sell at profit.

Quote Originally Posted by Squall8888
    I don't trust all these reports. 4Q lag all these are crap. I remember reading a report saying that a recession will have a 6-8Q of decline for property. After 4Q, V recovery.
    Perhaps we already mid-way on the right leg of the V?

Those two graphs are showing history results. How did you concluded that property will peak at mid 2010? Please try to talk sense!

Quote Originally Posted by isaaclim
    Those two graphs are showing history results. How did you concluded that property will peak at mid 2010? Please try to talk sense!
    Excuse me, the analyst in that report used the trending of the PPI (green line). Please engage your uppermost extremities before commenting. A simple request for clarification will do. Thanks.

Sellers - better hold.
    Buyers - better buy now.
    Hi where can I find the article?

I fprice will peak in mid 2010, then shouldn't home owners wait till after the peak to buy?

Ya buy now, then 6-9 mths sell at profit.
    If its that's simple and accurate, there will not be any poor in this world. It is because of such thinking that prices WILL increase that lead to the sub-prime woes in US. The ingredients are all the same, an asian version of property subprime is brewing.Well, why don't you sell all that you have, leverage from banks AND loansharks, and buy all the properties. Afterall its only 6-9 mths wait and you will definitely be rich.Such statements, again can only be from some con artist agents or owners desperate to sell their units. Rubbish.....

Quote Originally Posted by HP65
    If its that's simple and accurate, there will not be any poor in this world. It is because of such thinking that prices WILL increase that lead to the sub-prime woes in US. The ingredients are all the same, an asian version of property subprime is brewing.Well, why don't you sell all that you have, leverage from banks AND loansharks, and buy all the properties. Afterall its only 6-9 mths wait and you will definitely be rich.Such statements, again can only be from some con artist agents or owners desperate to sell their units. Rubbish.....
    Let's face it. Everyone posts with an agenda. I have mine and you have yours. No need to get personal.

Quote Originally Posted by kurby
    Hi where can I find the article?

I fprice will peak in mid 2010, then shouldn't home owners wait till after the peak to buy?
    You most likely won't find it circulating in public sources. Thought I just share some insights and end up kena BoooMZ by whoever with whatever agenda.

Do your own research and trust your own judgement. If you make the wrong move, blame yourself Nobody knows what will happen to the property prices next year. IR maybe so successful that it drives another surge in property prices. It may also crash (extreme case) if war breaks up between North & South Korea (tension building up now), or Israel decides to attack Iran to stop Iran's nuclear activities or between Thailand & Cambodia due to Mr Thaksin.......so bottomline is no body knows. If you've made enough & need the $$, may want to consider cashing out as paper gain is not real gain. It may disappear overnite when crisis happens. Quote Warren Buffett "Be fearful when others are greedy. Be greedy when others are fearful." Looks like many people are very bullish on property now, so be careful. If you need a home now, buy within your means. As long as you've holding power, the value will appreciate over time. Only buy something that you'd be perfectly happy to hold if the market shut down for 10 years. Just need to make sure you buy at the right location. Buying for investment, maybe can consider waiting till we know what's our government's next move. Don't like to get trapped due to change in government policy. Why need to rush when so many prime properties are going to TOP in the next 1 - 2 years. Many of them I visited (eg Suite@Central) are very empty today even though TOP in Mar'09. Put in some effort, walk the ground, go for viewing and see for yourself what's happening on the ground. Newspaper articles only report history so cannot rely too much as well. Also talk to as many agents as possible to gather ground information. Make decision base on property agent's advice is the last thing I will do. Agent needs to close deal else no income which is understandable. Above is my personal views. Good luck

Excuse me, the analyst in that report used the trending of the PPI (green line). Please engage your uppermost extremities before commenting. A simple request for clarification will do. Thanks.
    Just with two graphs and few conclusive statement, who will buy it...
    Come on do it more professionally...

Let's face it. Everyone posts with an agenda. I have mine and you have yours. No need to get personal.
    Its is personal because our future generation's survival is at stake. If property px spiral upwards without justification from real economic growth, many singaporeans will suffer.

Foreigners can just pack up and go. In fact, they could even just give up their deposit and not honour the sales contract of a property purchase if they choose too.

Those who argue that its in Govt interests to keep price high so that they can earn more from land sales are just myophic. If that's how the govt think, which i'm sure they don't, singapore is doomed coz no country can advance just by selling land at ever increasing price. A country progresses through production of goods and services. And one of the cost of production of goods and services is occupancy costs. Therefore, occupancy costs should and will always be kept in line with economic growth. And since we are not out of the woods yet, ie economy is still not growing in real terms, property prices has basically run ahead of economic growth. So its just a matter of time before property prices has to correct.

Buy and sell within 6-9 mths? If this is not speculation, I dun know what it is. Property has become a commodity and in fact the govt reads and hears such postings. If its gets more bullish, they might just decide to implement draconian measures like property gain tax etc. So, go and make more bullish noise and you might just get your wishes. And if there is an impasse between sellers and buyers, I hope those con agents who are holding on to multiple units with family, fellow coleagues and friends will lose their pants for being greedy and painting rosy pictures to unsuspecting buyers who lacks transparent information.

Quote Originally Posted by Squall8888

May or may not be. Let me if you an example. If you crash your car the first time, you will need to run to various department to file your insurance claim. It may take you 1 day to do everything before you can finalise your claims.

Now, after crashing for the 15th time, you would already know where to go to for everything, so instead of 1 day, you may only take half a day.

each cycle in the economy will take shorter and shorter time to react. Hence Cycle will become shorter and shorter.

If another plane crash into another building in New York today, it will not take 6 weeks for the market to recover. In fact, I won't be surprise if the market only tank slightly... given that people had seen how the market can rebound after 9/11, they may expect the same thing to happen again. And if enough people think this way, it would not tank.

Its is personal because our future generation's survival is at stake. If property px spiral upwards without justification from real economic growth, many singaporeans will suffer.

Foreigners can just pack up and go. In fact, they could even just give up their deposit and not honour the sales contract of a property purchase if they choose too.

Those who argue that its in Govt interests to keep price high so that they can earn more from land sales are just myophic. If that's how the govt think, which i'm sure they don't, singapore is doomed coz no country can advance just by selling land at ever increasing price. A country progresses through production of goods and services. And one of the cost of production of goods and services is occupancy costs. Therefore, occupancy costs should and will always be kept in line with economic growth. And since we are not out of the woods yet, ie economy is still not growing in real terms, property prices has basically run ahead of economic growth. So its just a matter of time before property prices has to correct.

Buy and sell within 6-9 mths? If this is not speculation, I dun know what it is. Property has become a commodity and in fact the govt reads and hears such postings. If its gets more bullish, they might just decide to implement draconian measures like property gain tax etc. So, go and make more bullish noise and you might just get your wishes. And if there is an impasse between sellers and buyers, I hope those con agents who are holding on to multiple units with family, fellow coleagues and friends will lose their pants for being greedy and painting rosy pictures to unsuspecting buyers who lacks transparent information.
    I can speculate in currency and make a nation collapse.
    I can speculate in oil and make the whole world suffer.

I can speculate for my selfish interest but you can't.
    Only I can do it. You can't.

Fùcking selfish hypocrite! Pui!

Buy and sell within 6-9 mths? If this is not speculation, I dun know what it is.
    Well said....

Reporter is offline F01 N54 Sheer Driving Pleasure

Quote Originally Posted by Teana
    I can speculate in currency and make a nation collapse.
    I can speculate in oil and make the whole world suffer.

I can speculate for my selfish interest but you can't.
    Only I can do it. You can't.

Fùcking selfish hypocrite! Pui!
    Maybe he can't show-off in the gold forum and the currency forum, so he come to the property forum to ...?

Nobody knows.

Mcm tks for sharing the charts

Quote Originally Posted by jc
    Mcm tks for sharing the charts
    U'r most welcome jc.