Thread: Have minimum educational requirement for property agents

mr funny is offline Any complaints please PM me

Default Have minimum educational requirement for property agents

http://www.straitstimes.com/ST%2BFor...ry_449872.html

November 4, 2009 Wednesday

Have minimum educational requirement for property agents

I AGREE with the latest efforts to regulate property agents . Having retired after being a managing director of two housing agencies, I am privy to the many unseemly practices of unscrupulous property agents.

Needless to say, I had to terminate the employment of some of these agents when their unsavoury practices came to light.

Besides adding an ethical component to the housing agents' certification, I believe setting a minimum educational benchmark is quintessential, for example, a minimum prerequisite of three O-level credits, like what DTZ has set for its agents.

This would enhance the agents' ability to discern correct work ethics when it concerns substantial amounts of monies being paid by unsuspecting parties.

Palanisamy Ramadas

"unscrupulous property agents: is an ethical issue. A uni degree does not warrant an agent to misbehave in any transaction.

Quote Originally Posted by mr funny
    http://www.straitstimes.com/ST%2BFor...ry_449872.html

November 4, 2009 Wednesday

Have minimum educational requirement for property agents

I AGREE with the latest efforts to regulate property agents . Having retired after being a managing director of two housing agencies, I am privy to the many unseemly practices of unscrupulous property agents.

Needless to say, I had to terminate the employment of some of these agents when their unsavoury practices came to light.

Besides adding an ethical component to the housing agents' certification, I believe setting a minimum educational benchmark is quintessential, for example, a minimum prerequisite of three O-level credits, like what DTZ has set for its agents.

This would enhance the agents' ability to discern correct work ethics when it concerns substantial amounts of monies being paid by unsuspecting parties.

Palanisamy Ramadas

high education will give better service?
    high education will have better ethical?

what is Palanisamy Ramadas talking?
    rock??

Quote Originally Posted by Acer
    high education will give better service?
    high education will have better ethical?

what is Palanisamy Ramadas talking?
    rock??
    Exactly...books can also produce lot of bookworms....

A person who masters the technique of passing examination means he is trustworthy????

Ya.. assuming the housing MD did complete the O levels or even a uni degree to comment that agents need to have min. education qualification to discern what is ethical, we can safely assumed the MD's education did not do enough for him to understand what is cause and effect.

Unscruplous work ethics is the effect ..
    but what is the cause? Is it because of character or is it it because of education?

From his view, there seems to be a direct correlation between higher ethic with higher education. Which leads to him believing the cause of unscriplous work ethic is because of lower education. How right is it?

Agents must have integrity and moral values. But difficult to find.....