Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Which property will you invest in if you have $600k?

Quote Originally Posted by jlrx
    Wow ... this forum so exciting!!!

Got "real-time" D9 plan execution.

But ... you are "Reporter" ... I thought you are only supposed to "report?

why reporter cannot own and invest condos meh??
    anw keep us updated on your plan

Quote Originally Posted by Property_Owner
    But if interest rate head north, that mean your unit should have capital gain! Time to cash out.
    economy gd = increase in interest rates = better cap gain. So buy now, leveraging on low interest to hedge against possible inflation or economic progress in a few yrs? But still am curious for the current rental market for those who bought resale units unless they have holding power.. since it is still going on the down trend.

Quote Originally Posted by dtrax
    economy gd = increase in interest rates = better cap gain. So buy now, leveraging on low interest to hedge against possible inflation or economic progress in a few yrs? But still am curious for the current rental market for those who bought resale units unless they have holding power.. since it is still going on the down trend.
    One other scenario is too many units TOP in a few years. Those with 5 times leverage cannot find tenants. Economy == good==interest rate higher. Then how for the last one holding the baby?

Quote Originally Posted by august
    it is relative lor...
    end of day make more or make less is better than never make..
    Yup. End of the day is how much you want to make.

Reporter is offline F01 N54 Sheer Driving Pleasure

Wow ... this forum so exciting!!!

Got "real-time" D9 plan execution.

But ... you are "Reporter" ... I thought you are only supposed to "report?
    I have just acted against the grain by not buying a small unit or a MM unit in D9.

I guess I can only wait for CCR prices to move up soon right?
    I guess I can only hope that 2009 Christmas is a repeat of 2006 Christmas right?
    I guess I can only hope MBS launch can be as successful as MBR launch right?
    I guess ..........

Quote Originally Posted by Reporter, Property market sentiments?, 3 days ago
    Quote Originally Posted by jlrx, Property market sentiments?, 3 days ago
    You forgot to highlight the most important words.

"An apartment larger than 1,000 sqft (93 sqm) is categorized as luxury under local industry standards."
    Mickey Mouse is a cute character and I am sort of a fan of ©Disney, Mickey Mouse and his friends.

I know MM units have many fans here recently. However, I will be acting against the grain in a few days time. I will post after I have executed my plan.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reporter, Centro Residences, 3 weeks ago
    Quote Originally Posted by focus, Centro Residences, 3 weeks ago
    Haha.. No way am I going to pay $1200psf for a Serangoon condo..

THIS IS CRAZY...

You are a reporter? Can quote me ?
    I am Reporter - not a reporter.

I know what you mean. They say it is crazy to pay $1,450 for an unit in Guillemard/Geyland too. In the end, within 90 minutes, ...

Quote Originally Posted by Reporter
    I have just acted against the grain by not buying a small unit or a MM unit in D9.

I guess I can only wait for CCR prices to move up soon right?
    I guess I can only hope that 2009 Christmas is a repeat of 2006 Christmas right?
    I guess I can only hope MBS launch can be as successful as MBR launch right?
    I guess ..........
    I know what are you buying.

I know what are you buying.

MM? = Mickey Mouse

Quote Originally Posted by bargain hunter
    Quote Originally Posted by andy
    I superimposed the average $psf of Sail from 1 year ago with the STI. There seems to be a perfect correlation in terms of price swings with very minimum lag

If that is true, isn't it better to put money in the STI since you can sell it alot faster than Sail?

Of course if Sail is 100% rentable, the capital layout is only 20%. However if the capital depreciation is massive and you cannot rent then the small time investor is in trouble, right?
    pros and cons i guess. 1 thing is for sure, ppty buyer for Sail has to have at least a certain minimum amount of few hundred k to few million AT LEAST. "1 lot" of the sail few hundred k, 1 lot of sti in tens of ks only. that's why you are right, if too small time investor, better off investing in sti.

Sail would have given 5 times leverage while if one takes up margin trading also at most 3 times leverage for sti. Of course your point about selling is true too, for the higher leveraged returns, its harder to sell and more for longer term.

that said, the sti is now sputtering, is the sail still correlated?
    The best way to leverage is to buy a "warrant" on properties (No I don't mean those stock warrants).

The leverage is approximately 2.5 times (depending on the allowable plot ratio vs existing build-up). (This leverage is on top of the leverage mentioned above !!! ).

For each $1,000 psf increase in property prices, this "warrant" increases by $2,500 psf !!!

Can ION Orchard please increase another $1,000 psf from $4,099 psf to $5,099 psf? Please?

And then from $5,099 to $6,099 psf !!! Please ???
    Last edited by jlrx; 05-11-09 at 14:58.

Wa... can anyone let me in on the D9 Execution Plan!

Sounds like I am missing out on all the action in the forum..

I also forum member leh.. share share...

err, everyone wants to be in on the execution plan but reporter holds the key, keeping us in suspense.

Quote Originally Posted by focus
    Wa... can anyone let me in on the D9 Execution Plan!

Sounds like I am missing out on all the action in the forum..

I also forum member leh.. share share...

sure.. feel free to join in. Guess correct condo got price? Property owner got so many units.. maybe he can sponsor the winning prize? way better than Mac SG Monopoly.. give real condo as prize

need to start a new thread liao. we gather all the clues as he drops us hints one by one until one of us gets it! sure better than macdonald's game.

sure.. feel free to join in. Guess correct condo got price? Property owner got so many units.. maybe he can sponsor the winning prize? way better than Mac SG Monopoly.. give real condo as prize

Quote Originally Posted by bargain hunter
    need to start a new thread liao. we gather all the clues as he drops us hints one by one until one of us gets it! sure better than macdonald's game.
    I take a shot
    How about Tate Res?

Quote Originally Posted by andy
    I take a shot
    How about Tate Res?
    Pick your choice wisely... only got 1 chance per forum member per IP address per real person identity to collect your condo winning if you guess it right

Pick your choice wisely... only got 1 chance per forum member per IP address per real person identity to collect your condo winning if you guess it right
    ok what is the price? what are the rules?

what if 2 IP addresses pick the winning condo?

you have access to forumers IP address meh?

Win real condo not easy... if it was tat easy, no need work liao
    Got a total of 3 elimination rounds:
    #1 Round 1:
    Guess the correct condo

Got it right? U're lucky head on to round 2

Deadline: Upon completion of S&P

#2 Round 2:
    Guess the correct unit/stack

Deadline: TBA

#3 Round 3:
    Guess the correct price

Rules: the quantum can be round off to the nearest $10,000

Deadline: TBA

You think it was this easy? No way, even if got Ardmore Park condo, there is a high chance no one will win.

Sponsors: TBA
    Looking either one of the following: a fully paid completed condo, new launch or partially paid condo/landed (sponsor will pay 20%, winner have to pay the remaining 80% - It can be a GCB but if winner cannot afford to take 80% loan, the unit will be donated to a charity of your choice)

Trillium. My guess.

The best way to leverage is to buy a "warrant" on properties (No I don't mean those stock warrants).

The leverage is approximately 2.5 times (depending on the allowable plot ratio vs existing build-up). (This leverage is on top of the leverage mentioned above !!! ).

For each $1,000 psf increase in property prices, this "warrant" increases by $2,500 psf !!!

Can ION Orchard please increase another $1,000 psf from $4,099 psf to $5,099 psf? Please?

And then from $5,099 to $6,099 psf !!! Please ???
    Great post. Learnt something new, have truely beneifited again from your posts. I will start looking for other "warrants" but must be freehold cos the wait is a long long long one.

Reporter is offline F01 N54 Sheer Driving Pleasure

Orchard Boulevard #43-05
    Tenure= 99 Yrs From 13/03/2006
    2852sqft,
    4099psf, $11.69m
    11 Sep 09
    What a difference 2 months can make!

With $4,150 psf done in October, $4,099 psf seems small now.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reporter, Boulevard Vue, 5 minutes ago
    $4,150 psf?
    Wow!
    Who is that "people who are too rich" who bought?

Quote Originally Posted by URA
    Private Residential Units Sold in the Month of October 2009

Project Name . Locality . Units Sold To Date . Units Sold In Month . Highest $psf . Median $psf . Lowest $psf
    Boulevard Vue .. CCR ......... 4 .............................. 1 ................................
    4,150 ............ 4,150 ............. 4,150

Quote Originally Posted by Reporter
    What a difference 2 months can make!

With $4,150 psf done in October, $4,099 psf seems small now.
    Wow ... looks like it's prime district's turn to take off!

Reporter is right to purchase a D9 property earlier this month in his "D9 execution plan"!

Unfortunately I can't execute my "D9 execution plan" until my "godfather" gives me the money.

Problem is I don't even know who my "godfather" is going to be this time?