Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Buy A HDB Flat?

Quote Originally Posted by proud owner
    oh well ..

the rafflesia is the Biggest flower in the world (though only found in jungle) ..

what more can we say about the human rafflesians ?

they are all great ...
    They are so ... SHINGZ !!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fpHoHJ4DFIQ

[quote=tkc]

I came from the most elite school in Sg, but I was taught NEVER to discriminate since young.

now we know what it means when someone says

" Your modesty is second to none"

Quote Originally Posted by orange
    he was definitely rafflesian. ac boys ARE discriminating
    ouch .......

Quote Originally Posted by orange
    he was definitely rafflesian. ac boys ARE discriminating

since i am not discriminating, hence not ACians, and was taught not to discriminate, hence not rafflesian...

wow so my school was 3rd most elite ..!!!

he never say his school elite in what. Sekali...

Exposed Leg Hair Elite: Chinese High
    Exposed Armpits Elite: SCGS
    Most amount of chrome in uniform Elite: Catholic High

Then again, could be Whitest Uniform Elite - also known as the Super White

Quote Originally Posted by gfoo

hahaha

i know what Super white means ... in chinese hahahhaa

good one

超级百

Reporter is offline F01 N54 Sheer Driving Pleasure

Err ... you say he is a he but you brought out SCGS ... are you implying ...?

OK OK! Judging from the responses thusfar, I can safely say everyone here on this page is from an elite school. Some are elite in discriminating others, some are elite in despising others, some are elite in believing they are the most elite, some are elite in .........., some are none of the above.

Schools are important and I really hope my kids could follow my footsteps too. However, I believe we should not let our school/classmates rule our life and stop us from having the right values in life.

oh well ..

the rafflesia is the Biggest flower in the world (though only found in jungle) ..

what more can we say about the human rafflesians ?

they are all great ...
    Talking about Rafflesia ...

Rafflesia has broken above $1,000 psf in July 2009 !

17 July 2009, #15-09 1,324 sf @ $1,035 psf ($1,370,272).

It seems that Far East is still advertising this project in the papers, until today!

Wonder how many units they have left?

woah... battle of the schools ah??? to take the guess-work out, here's the list from cradle to grave:

1) Top pre-schools http://www.edupoll.org/content/view/23/38/

Edupoll’s Top 10 PreSchools/Kindergartens in Singapore * :
    1. Nanyang Kindergarten
    2. Maris Stella Kindergarten
    3. Pat’s Schoolhouse
    4. Newton Kindergarten
    5. St. James’ Church Kindergarten
    6. Chiltern House
    7. EtonHouse
    8. Barker Road Methodist Church Kindergarten
    9. Chatsworth Kindergarten
    10. Lorna Whiston PreSchool
      (* in random order )

2) Top Primary Schools
    http://www.kiasuparents.com/kiasu/co...mic-excellence

3) Top Secondary Schools

http://www.moe.gov.sg/media/press/20...chievement.php

OR this... (but bear in mind that the top ranked school is a girls' school... not applicable to most gentlemen here...)

http://www.scribd.com/doc/7759351/Ra...ondary-Schools

4) Top JCs

http://www.edupoll.org/content/view/182/94/

5) Tertiary

http://www.economist.com/business-education/whichmba/

6) And of course... cradle to the grave...

http://www.nea.gov.sg/passesaway/afd.htm

Quote Originally Posted by Regulators
    elite in name what is the use? How many inventors, nobel laurettes and scientists with cures for diseases cme frm RI Alumni?
    My point exactly. Elite schools are over rated. Elite in what? Grades? Personality? Character? Sports? IQ? EQ? SG Gov's so-called elite schools are pretty one-dimensional. Hence I don't mix around with them much during my secondary school days especially those who discriminate. I mixed around with the neighbourhood school kids, SJI, St Pat's, SAS/UWC kids, and some RI and ACS kids, bonding via common interests rather than name of the school...eg gals, music, etc :P Anyway, I go to SICC because my parents brought me along to keep an eye on me, but I don't really fancy hanging out with anyone there, and definitely didn't want to grow up with childhood friends there.

People have expectations just because you come from an elite school. I don't want to be a minister, doctor, lawyer, inventor, scientists and nobel laurettes. There are ACS or RI boys who ran from the law, and there are also many neighbourhood kids who became doctors, lawyers, etc. So it really boils down to the person himself.

What is important is what you are doing with your life now. ok lah veering off topic here. No offence to forummers, just that I have a genuine affinity towards mixing around with people from all walks of life and discrimination, inevitably unavoidable, just destroys the social fabric of a society IMHO.
    Last edited by tkc; 27-10-09 at 10:11.

it is part of the human psyche to want to belong to the upper strata....u see the same mentality displayed across the globe, albeit in different forms. in NY there are the all-powerful housing co-ops and millionaire communities, and of parents making vast donations to schools to get their kids enrolled... in UK there are the fanciful private schools... and there is no need for The Economist to perform a global ranking of MBA each year if there is no global demand for it. And this extends beyond schools... to the class of housing (hdb to condos to landed... and of course we have the stratospheric class of landed in GCB areas and in Sentosa cove); and to the type of cars.... and to the company one works for (otherwise the SMEs here will not be suffering from a dearth of talent). My humble opinion is that no one is entirely above the elitist syndrome, but it is how those belonging to the upper strata views the less fortunate or the underdogs that matter. If the entire society at large is disconnected with a widening rich poor divide, then social problems will prevail and quality of life deteriorates across the entire spectrum will become inevitable.

Quote Originally Posted by new2mondrian
    woah... battle of the schools ah??? to take the guess-work out, here's the list from cradle to grave:

4) Top JCs

http://www.edupoll.org/content/view/182/94/

5) Tertiary

http://www.economist.com/business-education/whichmba/

6) And of course... cradle to the grave...

http://www.nea.gov.sg/passesaway/afd.htm
    Very, very cool!

1. Err ... you did not list down the top hospitals one should be born in to be elite leh.

2. Top JCs are selected based on poll?
    ... I don't remember taking any such poll leh ... not fair right?
    ... (Err ... maybe I shouldn't complain so much since my school is in the list.)

3. Why only NBA?
    ... What about MB(BullShit), AhBeng (Civic Eng), etc.?

4. Thanks for item 6.
    ... I will definitely keep this one. It will be useful.
    ... Err ... no, no, no, I will pass it to my kids. (Cos' when I need it, I will not be able to use it rite?)

Thank you!

the only 2 rafflesians i respect is LKY and Kong Hee of City Harvest

Quote Originally Posted by tkc
    My point exactly. Elite schools are over rated. Elite in what? Grades? Personality? Character? Sports? IQ? EQ? SG Gov's so-called elite schools are pretty one-dimensional. Hence I don't mix around with them much during my secondary school days especially those who discriminate. I mixed around with the neighbourhood school kids, SJI, St Pat's, SAS/UWC kids, and some RI and ACS kids, bonding via common interests rather than name of the school...eg gals, music, etc :P Anyway, I go to SICC because my parents brought me along to keep an eye on me, but I don't really fancy hanging out with anyone there, and definitely didn't want to grow up with childhood friends there.

People have expectations just because you come from an elite school. I don't want to be a minister, doctor, lawyer, inventor, scientists and nobel laurettes. There are ACS or RI boys who ran from the law, and there are also many neighbourhood kids who became doctors, lawyers, etc. So it really boils down to the person himself.

What is important is what you are doing with your life now. ok lah veering off topic here. No offence to forummers, just that I have a genuine affinity towards mixing around with people from all walks of life and discrimination, inevitably unavoidable, just destroys the social fabric of a society IMHO.

Quote Originally Posted by Reporter
    Very, very cool!

1. Err ... you did not list down the top hospitals one should be born in to be elite leh.

2. Top JCs are selected based on poll?
    ... I don't remember taking any such poll leh ... not fair right?
    ... (Err ... maybe I shouldn't complain so much since my school is in the list.)

3. Why only NBA?
    ... What about MB(BullShit), AhBeng (Civic Eng), etc.?

4. Thanks for item 6.
    ... I will definitely keep this one. It will be useful.
    ... Err ... no, no, no, I will pass it to my kids. (Cos' when I need it, I will not be able to use it rite?)

Thank you!
    1. hospitals ah! alamak! how come i didn't think of that! hahaha.... then must extend all the way to place of conception hor?

2. JCs ah... our enlightened MOE has ceased to publish all JC rankings after 2004... so no official ranking results available.... wah.... ur school also on the list ah?

3. You are right! hehehe... list goes on lah... top companies to work for, top cars driven by towkays, top places to hold weddings, top condos to stay... wahahahaa.... and as for top MB(bull-shit), i think lots here can qualify lah.... myself included....

4. for item 6, u can start to book a niche at the popular temples (if buddhist) already. i almost choked on my lunch when a friend (partner in a big 4 accounting firm) told me that he just paid $23,888 for a prized niche at a popular temple to place his ashes a few decades later. woah... part of investment planning??!!!

Quote Originally Posted by new2mondrian
    i almost choked on my lunch when a friend (partner in a big 4 accounting firm) told me that he just paid $23,888 for a prized niche at a popular temple to place his ashes a few decades later. woah... part of investment planning??!!!
    Aiyoh ...! Maybe really afraid the property craze extends to that area ... must chop a plot first ah?!?

Quote Originally Posted by cheerful
    Aiyoh ...! Maybe really afraid the property craze extends to that area ... must chop a plot first ah?!?
    I think this thingy is not so hot yet rite? Am I wrong?

1. Do they need blank cheques?
    2. What is the sub-sales potential?
    3. Is there any capital gain tax?
    4. Can you sub-let? What is the rental yield?
    5. If the location is "good", will URA increase the plot ratio and thereby present an enbloc opportunity?

Anyone knows?
    Please enlighten me. Thanks.

If we're on the same topic, think only pt 2 possible coz you nvr know, the rest need to ask meh? .... hmmm good imagination .. URA?!!??
    5. If the location is "good", will URA increase the plot ratio and thereby present an enbloc opportunity?

I think this thingy is not so hot yet rite? Am I wrong?

Anyone knows?
    Please enlighten me. Thanks.
    hey, dun pray pray hor.... for all u guys know, this may be the next big thing... after attainment of all the material wealth in this world, time to settle what is deemed neccessary for the after-life. for those tracking the price index of such prized niche, 10 years ago (according to the same friend) they only cost $8,888 at the same temple...

and who knows? just look at this widow who made a pile out of such real estate lots too.

http://www.thisislondon.co.uk/standa...ilyn-monroe.do#

the only 2 rafflesians i respect is LKY and Kong Hee of City Harvest
    sorry but who is Kong hee ? what has he done so far ?

city harvest ? sounds familiar ... the church who spent a lot of money to build a fountain ?

his wife is the long face singer ?

yup the guy with the singer wife. It is either u love him or hate him, but i think he is one dynamic guy.

sorry but who is Kong hee ? what has he done so far ?

city harvest ? sounds familiar ... the church who spent a lot of money to build a fountain ?

his wife is the long face singer ?

my wife told me those top scholars sitting in MOE (presumably a number from raffles) always changing the blooming syllabus for primary school (shifting certain topics up and down between P4 and P6 Science) really chia pah bo sai pang, paying them so much money and can't make up their blooming minds which topic should stay in which level. Singapore seems damn proud of their model drawing methodology (invesnted by hector chee), but it is damn cumbersome, tedious and unnecessary, so much for top bains in moe...

dun pray pray, the RI alumni came out with wonderful inventions like COE, ERP- even a michelin 4 star dish: Vongole Vermicelli du Siam ala Chino-Pomodoro (or Mee Siam ai Hum)

yup the guy with the singer wife. It is either u love him or hate him, but i think he is one dynamic guy.

dont know much about him

1.only hear complains about his church ..

2.heard he made his church people buy his wife's CD (to boost sales ?)

3.that their apt at Horizon tower got enbloc etc etc and

4. she wore some armani gown ? for some function etc ..

sure good to be pastor .. so rich , so powerful .. and yet govt dont tax them

dont know much about him

Aiyah!
    Just ignore Kong Hee's preaching,
    watch Dayan Kong's growing, and
    enjoy Sun Ho's singing lor!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6mUF5paHS2w

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pbroIlCZUsg

profiting from faith...

thank god for george carlin

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RNy6ziOyxoA

dont know much about him

I was there when he was promoting the CD !
    Not my type of church... too many brain wash kids contributing $$$ to the place..

I'm there just to see the girls... but too old already... sobsob.. if only i was 10yrs younger.. i would be a very happy man in city harvest saturday nite session! ..Let's hold hands! Sing songs! Hugs hugs hugs! ~~~