Thread: Hillview Green

Default Hillview Green

Hi,

Another 999 years condo. Does anyone has any views on this development since it seems that there was not particular thread discussing about this?

for the entire stretch of hillview it very much depends on how far the govt is going to develop the place. Hillview Green if I am not wrong is at least 12 years old and if you look at the price movement for that project, it is not very great. Future MRT is also quite a walk away and there isnt much amenities there. The place is a perpetual jam spot for morning working crowd and the ERP gantry just in front of hume Park condo is a turn off. I always stay by the view that if you buy a pte condo, ur quality of life ought to be better off than hdb residents, but that wont be the case for residents of hillview. HDB residents living in bukit batok central seems to have a lot more amenities and better quality of life compared to condo residents in hillview. If you really have to get a condo in that area, consider The Jade for its sheer convenience and spectacular views. IMO hillview will remain a very dead place in a very long time and the pty wave will not sweep very much to that area.

Quote Originally Posted by Regulators
    for the entire stretch of hillview it very much depends on how far the govt is going to develop the place. Hillview Green if I am not wrong is at least 12 years old and if you look at the price movement for that project, it is not very great. Future MRT is also quite a walk away and there isnt much amenities there. The place is a perpetual jam spot for morning working crowd and the ERP gantry just in front of hume Park condo is a turn off. I always stay by the view that if you buy a pte condo, ur quality of life ought to be better off than hdb residents, but that wont be the case for residents of hillview. HDB residents living in bukit batok central seems to have a lot more amenities and better quality of life compared to condo residents in hillview. If you really have to get a condo in that area, consider The Jade for its sheer convenience and spectacular views. IMO hillview will remain a very dead place in a very long time and the pty wave will not sweep very much to that area.
    Thanks for your view. In this case, the current price does not justify what it can provide. Average price transacted shows $626psf and listings are asking for between $700-$760psf. Will check out The Jade.

if i were you, i would consider jalan jurong kechil stretch near the future mrt station. you may or may not be able to get a 999 or freehold there for the kind of price u r looking for. signature park is a good condo to consider but only thing is it has too many units there and not that near the future bt timah mrt. the beverly in toh tuck is too damn ex so u r left with limited choices. i came across a 8xxsf sherwood towers going for just 460k (above bt timah shopping centre or plaza, one of them), seems quite a steal but the apartment is more than 30 years old. the latter definitely has en bloc potential but u must ask urself what u r buying for.

Quote Originally Posted by ipspassion
    Thanks for your view. In this case, the current price does not justify what it can provide. Average price transacted shows $626psf and listings are asking for between $700-$760psf. Will check out The Jade.

if i were you, i would consider jalan jurong kechil stretch near the future mrt station. you may or may not be able to get a 999 or freehold there for the kind of price u r looking for. signature park is a good condo to consider but only thing is it has too many units there and not that near the future bt timah mrt. the beverly in toh tuck is too damn ex so u r left with limited choices. i came across a 8xxsf sherwood towers going for just 460k (above bt timah shopping centre or plaza, one of them), seems quite a steal but the apartment is more than 30 years old. the latter definitely has en bloc potential but u must ask urself what u r buying for.
    I visited Sherwood towers at least 4 years back. The price then was only 230-300K for about 1200-1500 sqft. Quite near the flyover. Signature park as you said, too many units. I guess, nice things do come with a price.

Jalan Jurong Kechil condos like Signature Park or Highgate will be very far from the future MRT - impossible to walk. Hillview Green should be within walking distance to Hillview MRT. As for quality of life, it depends on what you're looking for. Hillview has vast greenery and condos with large land areas. A 500k gross floor area condo only has 400 units - lots of breathing space. Nowadays, a 50k gross floor area condo has 600 units - very cramped. Traffic condition in the west is prolly the best in Singapore - definitely better than town area and Eunos/Telok Kurau/katong or CTE areas e.g. Toa Payoh/Bishan which is a perpetual nightmarish jam. You can be guaranteed u pay the lowest ERP in the west. With development of the Jurong Lake District and attention given to this area along the northwest corridor through the downtown line and dairy farm nature area, its a nice niche area to consider.

Quality of life is subjective. You may think people staying in private housing in say bukit timah or upper bukit timah (away from shopping centers) has bad quality of life because they're away from shopping centers others may think otherwise. Some like to live near nature areas with nature reserves, others like sea view - even if away from MRT stations. It's the individual who makes the choice.You can buy Hillview Green at $400+psf 3 years ago. Can easily sell at $670psf? That is an appreciation of >50%.

That slight increase of $100-200psf is evident is a number of mass market projects, not just HG. Quality of life is generally pegged to the number of amenities around and the convenience of transport, and proximity to nature reserves and the sea. If a condo can have all, all the more better, but if it doesnt have them all, people usually look at amenities and transportation before nature. Having a house near the sea is a different matter coz sea view/sea facing and condos beside the sea are said to have comparable (if not greater) intrinsic value than condos near amenities.

Quote Originally Posted by Wild Falcon
    Quality of life is subjective. You may think people staying in private housing in say bukit timah or upper bukit timah (away from shopping centers) has bad quality of life because they're away from shopping centers others may think otherwise. Some like to live near nature areas with nature reserves, others like sea view - even if away from MRT stations. It's the individual who makes the choice.You can buy Hillview Green at $400+psf 3 years ago. Can easily sell at $670psf? That is an appreciation of >50%.

You can look at ABSOLUTE increase. If I put in only $400k and I make $250k, the return is fantastic. Period. In short, a $1m property has to become $1.6m to make the same % return. Think about it. I can tell from your posts that you peg quality of life to shopping malls. Nothing wrong. But I think one shouldn't judge a person's quality of life based on where a person lives. A person who stays in a large house in a suburb and use the rest fo enjoy other finer things in life may be happier than someone who with the same amt of $, buy a small house in the city say Tanjong Pagar. In short, you cannot say that someone that stay in XX location with nature reserves without shopping malls must be unhappy and has bad quality of life - that is quite shallow.

That slight increase of $100-200psf is evident is a number of mass market projects, not just HG. Quality of life is generally pegged to the number of amenities around and the convenience of transport, and proximity to nature reserves and the sea. If a condo can have all, all the more better, but if it doesnt have them all, people usually look at amenities and transportation before nature. Having a house near the sea is a different matter coz sea view/sea facing and condos beside the sea are said to have comparable (if not greater) intrinsic value than condos near amenities.

Default Quality of Life VS Price

Wow! What a debate. No right or wrong. Utimately price is very crucial. Once an individual find a right price, there should be a balance of what one pays for and how much quality of life he/she gets. To pay >$1 million for quality of life, personally, I will not do that as I do not have $1 million now. And subsequently I will be miserable thinking of how to pay of my debts. Have a $400K old, run down apartment, very very remote or far north or east or west, neither I want that. Appreciation of property is okay, but not from 400 to 600psf. 500++psf seems more reasonable.

Bottomline, once an individual find a nice place that he/she likes, the price is affordable to him/her - wowlah..... It's just that nowadays, the asking price starts to high - could be 100K above the transacted price.

Have you found your ideal home in that area? I suppose at the end of the day, it just comes down individual preference

Wow! What a debate. No right or wrong. Utimately price is very crucial. Once an individual find a right price, there should be a balance of what one pays for and how much quality of life he/she gets. To pay >$1 million for quality of life, personally, I will not do that as I do not have $1 million now. And subsequently I will be miserable thinking of how to pay of my debts. Have a $400K old, run down apartment, very very remote or far north or east or west, neither I want that. Appreciation of property is okay, but not from 400 to 600psf. 500++psf seems more reasonable.

Bottomline, once an individual find a nice place that he/she likes, the price is affordable to him/her - wowlah..... It's just that nowadays, the asking price starts to high - could be 100K above the transacted price.

not yet. am looking, like I said, will need to find a balance. The market now and the starting price is not attractive to even start viewing and negotiating. Any suggestions/recommendations?

Sometimes agents are the one who JACK the price up. There is nothing wrong to view a unit. Like it, make an offer ...if they reject the offer, then no harm for you, look for another unit.

Selling a property 70% depends on the agent whether they want to let go or hold, if they are aiming for a 2% commission then hold, no harm to them. 30% depends on the owner, if desperate then anything is possible .....