Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Is St Patrick's Loft a good condo to stay ?

Default Is St Patrick's Loft a good condo to stay ?

Hi,

I am thinking of buying a duplex 3 rooms in St Patrick's Loft which is going for below S$1 mil. May I know if this is a good condo to stay and if the price of around S$1 mil is worth it.

Thanks

Wah, which unit was that? I was there last weekend. Viewed a 2-room duplex unit, fully furnished. But seller was pricing it with the renovation costs @ abt 950psf.

I liked that location since it's not considered Telok Kurau but rather Marine Parade, and also walking distance to food and amenities. It's also a quiet area. But I think the dead-end road will be saturated with the TOP-ing of Grand Duchess, St Pat's Residences, Tierra Vue....

Last thing, there's a small Chinese temple next to Loft. Not sure if it is a good or bad thing. Probably if your unit is inside, it is ok lor.

Default St Patrict Loft

If you drive, you may not like the place especially if you are driving in/out of the condo in the early morning between 7 and 8am on week days because it is next to St Pats. A ERP Gantry around that area will solve the problem

I had previously considered St Pat's Loft but did not take it up for the following reasons.

1. Chinese temple next door. Not our preference.
    2. Bomb shelter in master bedroom used as wardrobe.
    3. Layout was not to our liking.
    4. St Pat's school and Duchess at road end.

TS, end of the day, doesn't matter what others say, end of the day, if you love what you see and can imagine it to be your home, then just do it.

Cheers!

probably a listing error. grab if it really is. care to share size and unit?

I compared past caveats for St Pat Loft, and it's around the 750-800 range. Anyone can speculate why it is so much lower than Tierra Vue (opp.) or even Grand Duchess (yet to TOP)? Is it because it is small-size apartment, so not much upside?

Quote Originally Posted by passivity
    I compared past caveats for St Pat Loft, and it's around the 750-800 range. Anyone can speculate why it is so much lower than Tierra Vue (opp.) or even Grand Duchess (yet to TOP)? Is it because it is small-size apartment, so not much upside?
    Yes, St Pat Loft have a few units on sales for quite a while but none of them seems to be able to close deal as they are asking for very steep price.

so generally, the development is ok other than the price?

Quote Originally Posted by passivity
    so generally, the development is ok other than the price?
    Below are my person opinions:

Pro:
    1. St Patrick Road is a relatively quiet and conducive place and quite close to Marine Parade Rd.
    2. The price is lower compare to the other St Pat devt.

Con:
    1. Parking will be an issue for visitors as there are excact no of lots for the residents. And parking along St Pat Rd will be an issue as there are so many condo along that road.
    2. There is a temple beside the condo.
    3. The design and interior are average.
    4. The gym is quite small.

Quote Originally Posted by ckt77
    Hi,

I am thinking of buying a duplex 3 rooms in St Patrick's Loft which is going for below S$1 mil. May I know if this is a good condo to stay and if the price of around S$1 mil is worth it.

Thanks
    For a spacious 3 rooms duplex at this price....it is a great bargain.

Only thing is besides the small gym, the swimming pool is quite tiny...but well if one dun swim and treat the pool as a form of landscape cooling feature....then it is a good deal no doubt.

Quote Originally Posted by Kenshinto80
    For a spacious 3 rooms duplex at this price....it is a great bargain.

Only thing is besides the small gym, the swimming pool is quite tiny...but well if one dun swim and treat the pool as a form of landscape cooling feature....then it is a good deal no doubt.
    Nope. I decided not to buy as I think 1 mil is not a good price. Yes, the price is cheaper than the other units selling. But if you refer to the caveat, the previous transaction in July 09 is less than 1 mil which is also high. Basically most of the sellers are selling way above their purchase price to earn some good profit. If I were to buy now, I will be buying at peak price and will have problem selling it in future.

Boils down to if you like the place and if its within your budget.
    If yes, why not? Since likley you will be staying there for some time i suppose. Property prices in Singapore is likely to be on a gradual uptrend due to scarcity of land. Gone are the days when TK properties are priced at $400 - $500 psf.
    My personal opinion

Does anyone knows what was the launch price? I was looking at this 2 rm unit with roof terrace. What's holding me back was the roof terrace was non-liveable space so psf for that area should be half-priced. Of course, there's a niche market for this kind of layout. Those who are creative would build a garden, viewing gallery upstairs. If done nicely, then I think no problem when selling the place in future.

Other than that, the interior is so so only. Tierra Vue's finishing is so much better. But of course, TV commands a premium over SPL because of facilities.

Average at 600psf.

School: mon to fri super jam, Sat morning jam
    Temple: Sun jam

St Pat's road that whole stretch is jam central.

Quote Originally Posted by terence
    Boils down to if you like the place and if its within your budget.
    If yes, why not? Since likley you will be staying there for some time i suppose. Property prices in Singapore is likely to be on a gradual uptrend due to scarcity of land. Gone are the days when TK properties are priced at $400 - $500 psf.
    My personal opinion
    Thank for the opinion. Yes we do like the place a bit and price seems to be cheaper than other units. However spending 1 mil is not a trivial decision and we need to be carefull as the commitment is going to tie you financially for years. Personnally I think the property price is too high to go in now.

I think it is still a good buy. Let's put it this way, there ain't many lofts / duplex units around. You can probably find some other duplexes around like SOHO 188, SOHO@Central, Southbank, Regency Suites, Modules and etc. But most are SOHOs, i.e. cannot service loan using CPF.

So IMHO, it is a rare find for double ceiling units like these. Location and environment wise, it is good no doubt. Famous prawn noodle shop within walking distance and good schools around. Access to ECP also great. On the downside, I do feel that for St Patrick's Loft, the developer wasted the land for open air parking though which can be churned into a big swimming pool whereas ground floor could be used for parking instead.

Price wise, it is anybody's guess. Some feel the the peak has not been reached. Psf in the prime districts are still climbing and scoring historical highs. Foreigners are the main cause of the hike. In general, people are still very bullish over property prices. Even AMK is selling at 1200 psf, so the upside is much more than the downside. At the end of the day, buy what you like and what you can afford. You should at least cater for sufficient holding power for at least 3 years or so before making a buy decision. Worst case, rent out the unit which itself will pay for the mortgage.
    Last edited by Blue; 17-10-09 at 12:34.

Hi,

Went to view a unit at St.Pat Loft sometime back. I think it is a 'good condo to stay' if you like duplexes, loft concept, big balconies, etc... (which takes up conventional living space naturally).

The area is also quiet and yet accessible to two main roads.(many buses if you take bus)

What is not so good about St.Pat Loft is that all those open spaces are considered recess area so they don't fetch the same $psf as your conventional living area. This is another reason why the price is much lower than Tierra Vue for example.

Other than that l think they should do away with the so-called gym (bomb shelter size), security is not the best. And lastly to quote the guard at Tierra Vue, it does look like a JTC building! Should take a look at the lobby, carpark white florescent lights man! I think most HDB common area lighting is even nicer.

ps:I don't live in Tierra Vue

Actually, anything around 1000 to 1200psf in st pats area is a steal. no reason to remain so low for this kind of area....

Quote Originally Posted by Wolverine23
    price quite ok, but i tink banker can only match up to 950psf?...but black/white looks abit dull...if u like the deco...y not.

ya,i think bank valuation might max ard 1.05m - 1.1m

think the proj is quite alrite....

Looks nice, but go for actual viewing. No photos of external view... A few units are facing each other, so you window/patio view = neighbour's living room.

Also, check finishings coz the unit I was looking to buy did not have very good finishing (e.g. floor, stairs, cupboard).

Gd luck!

Quote Originally Posted by silver023
    Looks nice, but go for actual viewing. No photos of external view... A few units are facing each other, so you window/patio view = neighbour's living room.

Also, check finishings coz the unit I was looking to buy did not have very good finishing (e.g. floor, stairs, cupboard).

Gd luck!
    agree with silver bro. went for viewing last year during the trough of the recession and the asking price was only about 700-750psf. didn't bite because of the mentioned reasons plus the fact that it's just beside a temple

ya..but i think gone were the days of 700 to 900psf for this area.... eventually, this might edge closer to 1300 to 1500psf..

fyi, the temple is actually something like an "exclusive" temple with only mild chanting twice a month.. so should not be a prob...in fact, i think the ang mohs like it ..a lot of ang moh tenants there...

which units you guys looked at???

ya..but i think gone were the days of 700 to 900psf for this area.... eventually, this might edge closer to 1300 to 1500psf..

fyi, the temple is actually something like an "exclusive" temple with only mild chanting twice a month.. so should not be a prob...in fact, i think the ang mohs like it ..a lot of ang moh tenants there...

which units you guys looked at???
    I forgot which unit, but it's the block behind i.e. not facing Tierra Vue directly. The unit was the uppermost floor, abt 1300+ sft (I think), half of the 'view' is that of neghbour's living room (the block infront).

okok...

i think best block is 41.... very good view

okok...

i think best block is 41.... very good view
    so you bought it.. congrats..
    another D15 supporter.

bought it for the kids.. ...where so many schools are nearby.

bought it more for investment... great potential in this area....

Congrats, it's a gd buy at $1000psf Can see the previous owner spent quite a fair bit on carpentry work.