Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Landed homes the way to go

Just check with some agents, apparently landed properties are continuing their upward move. In property guru.com, nortice that owners are asking for ever higher prices. Not sure whether the buyers will bite though.

Quote Originally Posted by moneyspinner
    Just check with some agents, apparently landed properties are continuing their upward move. In property guru.com, nortice that owners are asking for ever higher prices. Not sure whether the buyers will bite though.
    I have given up (temporarily) after being screamed at by a direct seller last week.

I mistakenly heard "two million" and tried to double check, he screamed "THREE!!! THREE!!! THREE!!!" and then slammed down the phone.

Very rude.

Quote Originally Posted by jlrx
    I have given up (temporarily) after being screamed at by a direct seller last week.

I mistakenly heard "two million" and tried to double check, he screamed "THREE!!! THREE!!! THREE!!!" and then slammed down the phone.

Very rude.

all your fault lor

he practises Propertism mah ..

even if no taker at 3mio ..

you can try call him again next month ,,, it will be FOUR !!! FOUR !!FOUR !!!

lol ..sorry ah

Quote Originally Posted by proud owner
    all your fault lor

lol ..sorry ah
    PROPERTISM has become a double-edged sword ...

Between landed leasehold terrace house and Interlace (unit with roof trrace/PES), I may choose Interlace!

all your fault lor

lol ..sorry ah
    hehe.. or the next landed owner that jlrx encounter will tell him..
    "Don't buy?.. Never mind.. Property prices always increase in the long run. Ppty should be bought, not sold. I was just testing the market again.." .. ..just kidding hor..

Quote Originally Posted by focus
    "Don't buy?.. Never mind.. Property prices always increase in the long run. Ppty should be bought, not sold. I was just testing the market again.." .. ..just kidding hor..

at least he acknowledged that its a double edged sword ...

so for that i respect him ..

Be it condo or landed or HDB....99LH/FH...ppty bull run now...all HUAT!!

On serious note, Landed gd for multigen living...buy to rent out...errr...anyone doing tat currently? how easy to rent out landed ar?

Quote Originally Posted by devilplate
    Be it condo or landed or HDB....99LH/FH...ppty bull run now...all HUAT!!

On serious note, Landed gd for multigen living...buy to rent out...errr...anyone doing tat currently? how easy to rent out landed ar?
    alot to do with location and condition of house lor ..

how much u think a 3600 sqft built up 3+1 bedroom , 2 yr old landed can command ?

at fringe location, reasonably near city centre, with MRT within 10 mins walking distance .. can rent out pretty easily i guess .. mine was rented out within A DAY

alot to do with location and condition of house lor ..

how much u think a 3600 sqft built up 3+1 bedroom , 2 yr old landed can command ?

at fringe location, reasonably near city centre, with MRT within 10 mins walking distance .. can rent out pretty easily i guess .. mine was rented out within A DAY
    Your landed only 2 years' old!

Did you buy direct from developer or you rebuilt it?

Quote Originally Posted by focus
    Actually what you say is true.

If that happens then it's called "retribution" ...

Recently I bought a property (not landed) at a very very good price. It happens to be in a market segment that very few people are looking at for the moment.

The owner didn't know he actually priced it quite significantly below market price.

While the deal was being sealed up, I was afraid the owner may come to this forum and read my PROPERTISM - that property prices always go up in the long term hence properties should only be bought and not sold.

If he wises up and refuses to sell, I'll be suffering from "retribution".

But as everyone should know when posting in the forum, if it is your personal belief, you just want to get it off your chest even if you suffer unfavourable consequences because of it.

Fortunately the sale went through.

Your landed only 2 years' old!

Did you buy direct from developer or you rebuilt it?

bought in 06 .. left it empty for abt 7 mths ,,and rebuilt it in 07 ..moved in 08 briefly then rented out

Hi, what about strata-titled landed? (Aka cluster housing)
    Would buying those with FH titles make sense?

Quote Originally Posted by mantrix
    i feel its not worth it ..

usually the land size of each unit is rather small ..and they built 4-5 storey to make up some 3500-4000 sqft .. alot of climbing, like a chimney .. hot air channel up to top floors ...

and they charge by unit size and not land size

a 1800 sqft land , with say 3000 sqft built u costs say 1.8 mio

but a cluster of 3500 sqft built up on 1500-1600 sqft land may cost more, depending on the psf .. some charge 500 psf , some as much as 700 psf

and they are very very close to each other

usually the land size of each unit is rather small ..and they built 4-5 storey to make up some 3500-4000 sqft .. alot of climbing, like a chimney .. hot air channel up to top floors ...

and they charge by unit size and not land size

a 1800 sqft land , with say 3000 sqft built u costs say 1.8 mio

but a cluster of 3500 sqft built up on 1500-1600 sqft land may cost more, depending on the psf .. some charge 500 psf , some as much as 700 psf

and they are very very close to each other
    for those who hardly utilise condo facilities....landed is the obvious choice.

Or like Jet Li...luxury of ur own big pte pool within GCB...

Agree clustered housing really very 'cluttered' and coupled with full height windows...

i visited a clustered terrace housing showrm and i was amazed to see roof space (not roof terrace) was included in the built up and the agt told me u goto take care of ur own roof if it leak blah blah so u goto pay for it... pay smthing which u do not haf access to it...

I also feel it's not so worth it, but for a different reason.

Cluster housing are not "real" landed properties. They're more like ground floor condo units and you don't even own the land but have to share it with others. Hence it is not so "emotionally satisfying".

Business Times - 29 Dec 2009

'There's a very strong desire on the part of many Singaporean households to upgrade to landed property, which is regarded as an emotionally satisfying form of housing to own because you actually own something very tangible on the ground rather than in the air,' says Credo's Mr Singh.
    Frankly, landed are not so comfortable to stay in physically as compared to condos, but emotionally satisfying.

I also feel it's not so worth it, but for a different reason.

Cluster housing are not "real" landed properties. They're more like ground floor condo units and you don't even own the land but have to share it with others. Hence it is not so "emotionally satisfying".

Frankly, landed are not so comfortable to stay in physically as compared to condos, but emotionally satisfying.
    indeed .. i used to spend my sunday afternoon weeding the garden, fixing up my garden lightings, trimming the palm tree .. very 'retiree' kind of feeling ..and i like it

indeed .. i used to spend my sunday afternoon weeding the garden, fixing up my garden lightings, trimming the palm tree .. very 'retiree' kind of feeling ..and i like it
    If Sg dun have mozzies..I love landed!

If Sg dun have mozzies..I love landed!
    when u stay landed ... you will make friends with NPARK and NEA ...

one email or phone call ..they will come sweep the street, trim the trees ..and fumugate the surrounding ... nicht problem

when u stay landed ... you will make friends with NPARK and NEA ...

one email or phone call ..they will come sweep the street, trim the trees ..and fumugate the surrounding ... nicht problem
    no lor...i give up after endless call and decided to install nettings...keep out bees and other bugs as well... fumugation make it worse...all the mozzies siam and fly into my hse! But if u stay near city area...less mozzies problems...my place next to park...lol

Jus wonder how to install nettings to landed ppty...possible but sounds funny...hehe

no lor...i give up after endless call and decided to install nettings...keep out bees and other bugs as well... fumugation make it worse...all the mozzies siam and fly into my hse! But if u stay near city area...less mozzies problems...my place next to park...lol

Jus wonder how to install nettings to landed ppty...possible but sounds funny...hehe
    hhhm strange ... cos i had gd relationship with Npark n NEA ...

i also next to park .. no bees .. no mozzies ...

dunno lah ..guess depends on area

Pros and Cons...

Pros of cluster housing:

1) Shared facilities eg. swimming pool (some pools are quite sizeable and you won't get it with landed house unless you got the $$$ and land space to build one for yourself)

2) Maintenance through shared funds. For landed, every repair / maintenance is coming out from your own pocket

3) High security cos neighbours will look out for each other

Cons of cluster housing:

1) U dun own the land. To en-bloc, need to follow the majority rules and many other laws. Landed - U can sell anytime you want and no need to bother about your neighbours.

2) You cannot modify the exterior without consent from Mgmt committee. Landed - you can do watever you want with approval from BCA.

Still, if you ask 10 people on the streets, majority (if not all) will prefer landed than strata title. Like many have said, it is more emotionally satisfying to have your own FH landed house. And a dream home for many.

hhhm strange ... cos i had gd relationship with Npark n NEA ...

i also next to park .. no bees .. no mozzies ...

dunno lah ..guess depends on area
    Strange thing is: I kena bite more den others within the same estate!!!

Mozzies loves me!

Strange thing is: I kena bite more den others within the same estate!!!

Mozzies loves me!
    i do have those 'mozzie plant" which i hear mozzie hates ...

also ..my house is very bright , lots of glass and full height windows and full 'wall' folding glass doors .. so very breezy .. maybe that helps .. cos mozzie tend to like dim/dark and warm places

Quote Originally Posted by Blue
    Cons of cluster housing:

1) U dun own the land. To en-bloc, need to follow the majority rules and many other laws. Landed - U can sell anytime you want and no need to bother about your neighbours.

Still, if you ask 10 people on the streets, majority (if not all) will prefer landed than strata title. Like many have said, it is more emotionally satisfying to have your own FH landed house. And a dream home for many.
    Not easy to enbloc landed too. Especially u own a terrace landed. Even u own a big bungalow...may nid ur nighbour to team up and sell it to developer...Too small a land dun qualify for enbloc.

Can I say, trend and perception is ever changing too?

In the 80s: majority will prefer FH pte condos bcoz they say y spend so much more to buy a 99LH condo....pool/gym...useless la...goto pay maintenance fee u noe...stay HDB better rite....if buy pte...die die buy FH or FH landed!!!

i do have those 'mozzie plant" which i hear mozzie hates ...

also ..my house is very bright , lots of glass and full height windows and full 'wall' folding glass doors .. so very breezy .. maybe that helps .. cos mozzie tend to like dim/dark and warm places
    yes, it sure helps!

Dun worry abt me...i oredi install the nettings...nowadays nettings looks better liao...magnetic strip..easy to wash and remove...

When i tok to my neighbours about mozzies problems...they say...got meh?? nvr kena bite at all! Den i show them my bite marks..one day got 10 over bites during tat 'peak' season...poor me!

yes, it sure helps!

Dun worry abt me...i oredi install the nettings...nowadays nettings looks better liao...magnetic strip..easy to wash and remove...

When i tok to my neighbours about mozzies problems...they say...got meh?? nvr kena bite at all! Den i show them my bite marks..one day got 10 over bites during tat 'peak' season...poor me!

hahaha either your blood is sweet or you not hairy ..

anyway ..yes i have seen those netting that can pull and click and unclick and the roll and snap back .. looks good too and can act as a form of visual shield if too bright outside ..or prying eyes ..

about buying FH landed or cluster ..

one thing i notice .. in a bull run .. people buy LH ( cos cheaper ) then say 99 is enuff..cannot outlive the property ..

but in a bear market .. people buy FH ( cos can get it cheap)

so i feel buying LH landed is really not worth it .. you buy cheaper but in an expensive period in time, and when market falls .. it falls more than if not same as FH ..

and when it recovers , it also recovers slower .. so your in/out opportunity to make money is much smaller

one thing i notice .. in a bull run .. people buy LH ( cos cheaper ) then say 99 is enuff..cannot outlive the property ..

but in a bear market .. people buy FH ( cos can get it cheap)

so i feel buying LH landed is really not worth it .. you buy cheaper but in an expensive period in time, and when market falls .. it falls more than if not same as FH ..

and when it recovers , it also recovers slower .. so your in/out opportunity to make money is much smaller
    For me, FH/99LH doesnt really matter for cluster housing and Condos..Location most impt! To add, better dun buy any 99LH in a predominantly FH areas...

However, same, i will not touch 99LH Landed regardless how prime it is...unless really dirt cheap at tat time...hehe..

thanks all for your advice.

I guess it boils down to budget again.

I like landed for the space it gives and condos for their facilities. Cluster seems like a good choice though you are all correct on the limitations. A terrace would cost 1.2M onwards in OCR and on top of that you must be prepared to fork out a lot more for reno. Still, you own it both physically and emotionally.

However, with a budget of only 1.6M and no cash for reno i thought i may choose cluster to save the trouble of searching for a landed bargain. If I do buy i'll treat it as a condo with bigger space loh...

thanks all for your advice.

I guess it boils down to budget again.

I like landed for the space it gives and condos for their facilities. Cluster seems like a good choice though you are all correct on the limitations. A terrace would cost 1.2M onwards in OCR and on top of that you must be prepared to fork out a lot more for reno. Still, you own it both physically and emotionally.

However, with a budget of only 1.6M and no cash for reno i thought i may choose cluster to save the trouble of searching for a landed bargain. If I do buy i'll treat it as a condo with bigger space loh...
    which resale clustered housing u aiming now?