Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Averting property bubbles: lessons to heed

Quote Originally Posted by jlrx
    Yes I agree.

Novena MRT is so vibrant with all the shopping malls ... United Square with all the kiddie shops, Novena Square, Velocity, Goldhill ... many makan places and shops.

Newton MRT is like a "ghost" MRT ... I think only during the Chinese 7th month it will be more busy than Novena MRT.
    Does anyone know why URA decided that Newton MRT surroundings should be so boring? Is it they cannot build tall buildings on these plots?

teddybear is offline Global recession is coming....

That is another traits of self-denial people (not just Singaporeans) - Put the cold hard facts in front of them and they still can deny and talk otherwise and trying to give all sort of excuses contrary to facts and say all these facts are just rubbish.

Quote Originally Posted by proud owner
    that is another traits of sporeans.... anywhere they like ..it becomes the centre of their world ..prices should fall as you move further away from them ...

so if he is a die hard novena fan... then novena will cost more and scotts rd will cost less ...

Quote Originally Posted by andy
    Does anyone know why URA decided that Newton MRT surroundings should be so boring? Is it they cannot build tall buildings on these plots?
    There are three plots of empty land, one at each corner of Newton Circus (the fourth corner is the new condo called Newton One).

Looking at the surrounding area, I guess these three plots of land will eventually be tendered out for condos as well.

Perhaps URA wants Newton MRT to be a "residential MRT" because one stop before (Orchard) and one stop after (Novena) there are already so many shopping centres, there is no point to create another "shopping MRT" which can't compete anyway because there is no critical mass.

I believe the HDB cap SGD8K will be raised very soon. The garmen will however do so for the new batch of executive condos to test the buyer's behaviour.

Like the other bro said, this change in policy will attract bigger pool of potential buyers, hence selling price will increase in long run as a result of this policy change.

I believe when this policy is implemented on the ECs, the following will happen -> the price of new ECs will shoot up. Owners of old ECs will benefit. If you look at 99LH properties today, the average selling price of EC is 480psf vs 99LH private at 600psf. So, there is definitely a gap to close.

Quote Originally Posted by trogen82000
    I believe the HDB cap SGD8K will be raised very soon. The garmen will however do so for the new batch of executive condos to test the buyer's behaviour.

Like the other bro said, this change in policy will attract bigger pool of potential buyers, hence selling price will increase in long run as a result of this policy change.

I believe when this policy is implemented on the ECs, the following will happen -> the price of new ECs will shoot up. Owners of old ECs will benefit. If you look at 99LH properties today, the average selling price of EC is 480psf vs 99LH private at 600psf. So, there is definitely a gap to close.
    The gap will not close. If EC shoot up, the private mass market OCR developments will just move up in tandem.