Page 9 of 48 FirstFirst ... 45678910111213141924293439 ... LastLast

Thread: The Interlace (D3, 99 years Leasehold, CapitaLand)

teddybear is offline Global recession is coming....

But raise rate and all die together, including all the businesses & companies out there, especially the SMEs (& gone also the taxes from companies' profits and even higher unemployment rate). Don't think the rate will rise anytime soon (probably at least another year or more).

Quote Originally Posted by ksh
    Pent up demand lah, the only way to prick this bubble ( if any )
    is to raise interest rate...

Quote Originally Posted by ksh
    Pent up demand lah, the only way to prick this bubble ( if any )
    is to raise interest rate...
    It's a mistake to sell gov't land at high prices which eventually push up the price of public housing to that close to private properties.

This coupled with near zero interest rate and when you have 20% deposit as cash+cpf and do not want to risk your cash in stocks or currency market it leads to artificial demand... not pent up demand

Actually, it was the Government intention to let property prices go up. If assets don't appreciate, then your hard earned money put where? Minibonds? The reason to let to go up is because more than 90% of Singaporeans has a property, be it HDB or private. If property doesn't go up, then Singaporeans do have a problem retiring and it is the Government problem. So Government don't want that to happen and thus, let the prices appreciate. This is what PM Lee said during the ND rally. The idea is to make sure every Singaporean get a house and slowly, the prices will go up and every Singaporean has an appreciating asset.

Quote Originally Posted by Squall8888
    Actually, it was the Government intention to let property prices go up. If assets don't appreciate, then your hard earned money put where? Minibonds? The reason to let to go up is because more than 90% of Singaporeans has a property, be it HDB or private. If property doesn't go up, then Singaporeans do have a problem retiring and it is the Government problem. So Government don't want that to happen and thus, let the prices appreciate. This is what PM Lee said during the ND rally. The idea is to make sure every Singaporean get a house and slowly, the prices will go up and every Singaporean has an appreciating asset.
    You are right. Actually, I don't think anybody is against the idea of appreciating property. But, like you say, it should slowly (or maybe moderately) appreciate. IMHO, most people who are "so called against" appreciation are not saying that property should not appreciate at all. But, probably for the idea that the appreciation should be slower. Question is not about should rise or not. It should rise. But how fast? Is it sustainable?

Quote Originally Posted by Allthepies
    Question is not about should rise or not. It should rise. But how fast? Is it sustainable?
    Correct

It does not help when gov't release more land and developers even overbid the second highest bid by more than 30%. What does this tell the public about the price of future developments?

We should all see it coming when AMK goes at 1200psf, and Balestier 1400psf.

Soon, nothing new will be below 2000psf...

Quote Originally Posted by andy
    Correct

It does not help when gov't release more land and developers even overbid the second highest bid by more than 30%. What does this tell the public about the price of future developments?

many years ago someone outbid the 2nd highest by alot... to build a club at Dunearn .. cost too high , so they sold more memberships ..in the end kana sued ...

same thing here

bid too high .. to recoup cost ..they build many many tiny units and charge high high psf ...

in the case developer wont kana sued but the buyers become fool themselves ...

Correct

it tells us to take note of those bids and when they are launched dun go in blindly hahaha

Quote Originally Posted by amk
    bro this is not the way you check history quotes. you should do

SORF3M Index GPO D

and you can get as early as you want.

I just check from 1999 to 2009. The peak is at 29/6/06 at 3.96815 and it lasted a few days. For the same period, Sibor3M peak at 3.5.

You also should remember in the past, there is no sibor/sor pegged package. All are at the mercy of bank's "board rate", which they can charge whatever they want. Now with DBS doing NS helped to start the transparent sibor/sor linked package, with a 100bps spread you should at most be doing 4-5%. I'm more inclined with teddybear's reasoning: 7% rate is not impossible, but that won't be something that last. And if that happens, I'd imagine the STI will be at 4000. There are other things to worry by then. For now, budgeting with a 4/5% interest for mortgage is prudent. But if you are budgeting with 7%, you simply dun have the capacity for risk taking, and should stay out of this pty business altogether.
    Have uploaded a pic on the 3m SOR.

Believe another way to look at this is that from the low of mid Jun 03, the rate climbed all the way to 3.96815% as you had mention. But the climb is for 3 years and as per the uploaded graph (mid 03 to mid 06), the rate stay around 3.5% for a good one year (yes, the rate only stay at 3.96815% for 1 day).

SOR3MF is doing at 0.4983% and assuming 1% spread charge by the bank(sorry me not familiar with those SOR/SIBOR packages, I stand to be corrected), so interest on loan is 1.4983% and for a 30yr loan, monthly pymt is $ 4140.46.

Assuming rates climb back to just 3.5% (not to 3.96815%), for a same bank spread and tenure, the pymt come to $6080.22 which is an increased of $1,939.76 which is an increased of 46.85%.

Also, we are assuming banks always maintain a 1% (or any fixed spread as per current practise) spread whether SOR3MF is at sub 1% or at 3.5%, though I seriously dun think so. Those whom have these package can go through your loan doc to verify.

Also we are assuming we are not at risk of losing our job when rates climb to that level, nor is the bank knocking on our door to top up our loan due to lower valuation of our property.

But maybe its just in me as per my nick, always worried about blackswan event......2 cents worth.

Have a great week ahead.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Reporter is offline F01 N54 Sheer Driving Pleasure

Quote Originally Posted by PrecisionDrive, SkyscaperCity, Tuesday 22 September 2009

Despite IAS ban, sales still solid at Interlace
    PropertyGuru.com.sg
    Tuesday, 22 September 2009

The Singaporean Government's proclamation last week that bans the IAS or interest absorption scheme and Tuesday’s rowdy-to-say-the-least preview did little to weaken The Interlace’s sales.

“We didn't expect the scrapping of the IAS to affect us very much, because a very small percentage of buyers opt for it in general, about 5 to 7%,” said Patricia Chia, the CEO at CapitaLand Residential Singapore, during yesterday’s sales briefing.

At The Wharf Residence, another of CapitaLand's projects, less than 5% of home buyers took up the IAS which was scrapped by the government Monday last week in a bid to offset excessive speculation in the property market.

The Interlace, an architectural marvel of a condo located at Depot Road, has 31 blocks with six storeys each. A total of 153 flats were offered to former residents Gillman Heights during the $1.4 billion, 1041-unit condominium's first-day preview. Gillman Heights will be demolished to accommodate The Interlace.

The continuity of the preview was temporarily marred by a dramatic shouting session when former Gillman residents voiced their sentiments regarding the en bloc deal. They claimed that the developers were offering them the worst units with very poor facings in the 99-year leasehold project, and that the prices were excessively high.

However, CapitaLand maintained that units facing the pool and HortPark with sizes ranging from 800 square feet to 5,800 sqft were offered.

To date, there have been a total of 233 flats sold, and 5 out of the 18 penthouse units released have been transacted. The biggest penthouse, which is priced at $5 million, is 5,877 sqft in size. The two- and three-room units, which are priced from $850 psf to about $1,150 psf, are the best-sellers thus far.

The 99-year lease development, which is situated on a site that spans 8 hectares and was designed by Ole Schereen, will acquire its temporary occupation permit some time in 2015.

This will mark the first time that CapitaLand Singapore will manage a project of this scale.

“We felt that our condominium management would be able to offer a value-add to the development,” Chia said.

The management plan includes an offer for a complimentary shuttle service to the MRT station nearest the condo. The service will last throughout the first five years.

The project is distinctive due its architectural design: hexagonally arranged apartments set on top of each other creating eight a total of courtyards of parks, ponds, pools and gardens. Over the last couple of years, the Interlace’s sales process had been filled with tension as a minority of the owners stood against the $548 million deal.

In February 2009, Singapore’s Court of Appeal dismissed the minority owners’ last attempt to oppose the sale.
    Hi 5!

5 penthouses sold!
    $5M penthouse sold too!

Quote Originally Posted by Reporter
    Hi 5!

5 penthouses sold!
    $5M penthouse sold too!
    Wow. Looks like the 99LH price point has shifted. Great for all who are vested in property.

Quote Originally Posted by teddybear
    But raise rate and all die together, including all the businesses & companies out there, especially the SMEs (& gone also the taxes from companies' profits and even higher unemployment rate). Don't think the rate will rise anytime soon (probably at least another year or more).
    If interest rate increase is so damaging, then just up the downpayment requirement to 30%.

Then, at least you know buyer is serious, not those using almost 100% life savings or OD type of buyer hoping for a quick flip.

its far east who is spoiling the market. overbid at a record for AMK in 2007 resulting in crazy centro prices and again by > 30% in the most recent tender. So maybe another one off centro like crazy development by far east again in the future but others may remain at more sane levels.

Correct

these penthouses are located in super level 4 (19 to 24th storey) blocks. there are 3 such blocks. heard HPL boss, OBS, saved the best block for himself. the 5/18 sold are in the comparatively "worst" block among the 3.

Quote Originally Posted by Reporter
    Hi 5!

5 penthouses sold!
    $5M penthouse sold too!

teddybear is offline Global recession is coming....

Isn't 20% downpayment serious enough? How much is considered serious enough? In many countries, property buyers just need to come out with 5% and borrow the 95%. As such, 20% is already quite high considering that banks are allowed to loan up to 90% (and even 95% previously). Furthermore, being able to pay 30% (or even 100%) downpayment doesn't mean that the buyer is serious such he can still be flipping as well (just that he is rich, that is all).

Quote Originally Posted by sabian
    If interest rate increase is so damaging, then just up the downpayment requirement to 30%.

Then, at least you know buyer is serious, not those using almost 100% life savings or OD type of buyer hoping for a quick flip.

mr funny is offline Any complaints please PM me

http://www.businesstimes.com.sg/sub/...51172,00.html?

Published September 22, 2009

Steady sales at The Interlace condo despite ban on IAS

By JOYCE HOOI

THE government's move to ban the interest absorption scheme (IAS) and the rowdy start of The Interlace development's preview last Tuesday have done little to dampen sales of the CapitaLand and Hotel Properties project.

Of the 360 units released for sale, 233 units or 65 per cent were sold as of Sunday.

'We didn't expect the scrapping of the IAS to affect us very much, because a very small percentage of buyers opt for it in general, about 5 to 7 per cent,' said Patricia Chia, chief executive officer of CapitaLand Residential Singapore, at The Interlace's sales briefing yesterday.

The Wharf Residence, CapitaLand's other development, saw less than 5 per cent of buyers taking up the IAS. The scheme was abolished by the government last week as a precaution to prevent the overheating of the property market.

The Interlace is located at the former Gillman Heights site on Depot Road. The $1.4 billion project's first-day preview saw 153 units being offered to former Gillman Heights residents.

The preview took a dramatic turn when a shouting session ensued, fuelled by former residents who had previously been unhappy about the en bloc deal, and claimed that a poor choice of units had been offered by the developer at the preview.

CapitaLand maintained, however, that a mix of units ranging from 800 square feet (sq ft) to 5,800 sq ft in size, facing the pool, sea and HortPark had been on offer.

Since then, the two and three-bedroom units have been the best-selling among the 233 units sold. Prices range from $850 per sq ft and top out at $1,150 per sq ft.

To date, about five penthouse units out of the 18 units released have been sold. The largest penthouse stands at 5,877 sq ft and is priced at about $5 million.

The 99-year leasehold project will receive its temporary occupation permit in 2015.

This 1,040-unit project, located on an eight-hectare site, will also be the first one of its scale to be managed by CapitaLand itself.

'We felt that our condominium management would be able to offer a value-add to the development,' said Ms Chia.

As part of the management plan, residents will be offered a free shuttle bus service to the nearest MRT station for the first five years.

The 31-block project, is made distinctive by the unique stacking of apartment blocks in a hexagonal arrangement. The sale process had been fraught with tension over the last two years as minority owners opposed the $548 million deal at every turn.

The Court of Appeal dismissed a final attempt by minority owners to overturn the sale in February this year.

Quote Originally Posted by blackswan
    SOR3MF is doing at 0.4983% and assuming 1% spread charge by the bank(sorry me not familiar with those SOR/SIBOR packages, I stand to be corrected), so interest on loan is 1.4983% and for a 30yr loan, monthly pymt is $ 4140.46.
    Haha ... all these figures are very close to one of my loans!

At the moment, my tenant is helping me pay the monthly payment.

Assuming rates climb back to just 3.5% (not to 3.96815%), for a same bank spread and tenure, the pymt come to $6080.22 which is an increased of $1,939.76 which is an increased of 46.85%.
    If that happens, the economy should have recovered and I shall increase the rent to $6,080.22.

Also, we are assuming banks always maintain a 1% (or any fixed spread as per current practise) spread whether SOR3MF is at sub 1% or at 3.5%, though I seriously dun think so. Those whom have these package can go through your loan doc to verify.
    Yes. The loan document states that the spread is fixed.

Also, we are assuming banks always maintain a 1% (or any fixed spread as per current practise) spread whether SOR3MF is at sub 1% or at 3.5%, though I seriously dun think so.
    bro of course it's fixed. that's why it's called a "spread". that's why Sibor/SOR package is so important, as compared to the past "board rate". We must thank DBS for doing a NS.

anyway I said this before and I say this again: budgeting at 4-5% is prudent; but if you are budgeting at 7% and worrying jobless/etc/ in the middle, then the capacity for risk taking is simply not there, and one should totally stay out of this property business. To be honest, one should only do private property investment when he has the means. The fundamental role of the government is not to ensure every one to afford a private condo. HDB is for that purpose.

Sabian: what's so wrong about pty price going up ? why must the government do more ? The current 20% downpayment, NPS payment scheme, is what a normal market is. As long as the HDB/resale price stays firm, mass market projects will do well. And to have HDB price steady seems to be politically correct.

Quote Originally Posted by jlrx
    Haha ... all these figures are very close to one of my loans!

At the moment, my tenant is helping me pay the monthly payment.

If that happens, the economy should have recovered and I shall increase the rent to $6,080.22.

Yes. The loan document states that the spread is fixed.

Okie, thanks Bro jlrx and amk for the clarification.
    Looks like I can safely take the plunge too liao.

Okie, thanks Bro jlrx and amk for the clarification.
    Looks like I can safely take the plunge too liao.
    Wait! Wait!

Before you "take the plunge", better read this:

Whopping $5m subsale loss for St Regis unit

http://forums.condosingapore.com/showthread.php?t=8331

Quote Originally Posted by amk
    Sabian: what's so wrong about pty price going up ? why must the government do more ? The current 20% downpayment, NPS payment scheme, is what a normal market is. As long as the HDB/resale price stays firm, mass market projects will do well. And to have HDB price steady seems to be politically correct.
    Nothing wrong with it. I was just responding to teddy's post.

In fact, I hope that property prices will go up another 30% by Q32010.

Those who want property to drop are those who miss the boat. Want to buy, but no balls to buy. Scare drop more. If scare, then don't buy lor. If want to aim for bottom of bottom, then too bad. Confirm miss already. And don't even hope for a market correction that soon. It is not going to happen. The rally will continue (just look at interlace and hundred trees) until the demand has been satisfied. Don't forget, the market has been quiet for a year so this 1 year of demand, all came back with a vengence. So the rally will continue until probably end of the year and with IR coming, the buying will continue beyond. The sentiment might even be stronger because of the influx of investors and foreigners (don't forget MBFC tower 1 is 100% rented out and tower 2+3 is 60% rented out). So those who think property will fall, fat hope. Confirm chiong beyond 2007 peak. Only then, prices might fall depending on IR success, rental etc... But by then, market already 30-40% more than today.

much as i think the prices are not supported by fundamentals now, i tend to be cautiously bullish and agree with squall8888. The fear of missing the boat and see further price increasing towards the completion of IR is very great, thus real homebuyers are jumping into the boat.

i think the place where prices may be capped is in fact the prime areas where more of the demand depends on rental (which is still low now) and just check out the supply coming out in the next few years for that sector. Prices are also not so affordable there for locals. How many more $3m 4 bedrooms can they sell? RCR could have more potential as OCR had already led the first leg of the rally.

Nah......there is limited upside now.

It might not drop now for new launches per se

...perhaps 2011-2012; 2013 region. That's when the majority of units will TOP. Either subsales; else rental yields will drop becos of oversupply and barely cover repayments....

BOTTOMLINE
    - If bought already, good luck and hope you have gotten it at the low and have good holding pwr
    - Else, hold off and try subsales, 2nd hand in 2012-2013 region...

BUY WHAT YOU CAN AFFORD AND NOT ON HEARSAY....

RESEARCH

RESEARCH

RESEARCH

Wait till more overseas investors come into the market, then see if the market will be up or down. Now, only Singaporeans buy, that is why suburban prices go up. But I still believe CCR will lead the rally. Look at Marina bay and Orchard. Setting records after records these few months. Suburban might be up but CCR is the key indicator. This happen in 2007 and will again, happen now. From March low till now, suburban maybe go up by 10-20%. Look at Marina and Orchard, I think easily 50-100%. So CCR is still the leader. I have no doubt. Don't buy now, then wait till the demand for Marina and Orchard spill over to City Fringe then you all won't have a chance to buy already. I am not an agent but this is my feel looking at the trend in 1997 and 2007. They are the same. CCR lead the race. Then when people feel too expensive, city fringe will go up. Then suburban will benefit a bit.

Quote Originally Posted by xtink
    much as i think the prices are not supported by fundamentals now, i tend to be cautiously bullish and agree with squall8888. The fear of missing the boat and see further price increasing towards the completion of IR is very great, thus real homebuyers are jumping into the boat.

your assumption here is demand remains unchange by 2012/13. let's revisit this assumption in 1 -2 yrs time. As it stands now, the argument doesnt not hold. my 2cents.

but i agree with u on BUY WITHIN UR MEANS, so up or down will never be an issue. Time will ride out all uncertainty.

Quote Originally Posted by southpark2000

...perhaps 2011-2012; 2013 region. That's when the majority of units will TOP. Either subsales; else rental yields will drop becos of oversupply and barely cover repayments....

BOTTOMLINE
    - If bought already, good luck and hope you have gotten it at the low and have good holding pwr

RESEARCH

RESEARCH

RESEARCH

It depends on the demand and supply. There is no 100% to predict demand one. A lot of people also say property prices will dip further in June 2009 but look what happen? 1 year back, people also say property will have oversupply in 2009 and 2010 but a recent report says there will be shortage. So who to believe? The best is to believe yourself. Analysts are crap. They move with the market and come up with something "this goes without saying". But when things go wrong, they easily change. Don't believe me, go read UBS, Citi, DBS etc report on property in Q1 2009. All predict wrongly. The closest is Citibank which predict recovery in June 2009 but they miss it by a quarter as well. Don't forget, the market is surprised at Citi's optimism but I guess, Citibank has the best talents. But then, best talents also miss the upturn. So don't depend on reports. Go with your feel. Just look at MBFC and IR, the amount of people that are coming into Singapore. They need a place to stay. MBFC foreigners confirm stay condo one. IR foreigners will stay cheaper places - maybe a lot share a condo or HDB but that will indirectly lower the supply for rental.

This is only my analysis and I might be wrong. But to those property buyers, can you be afford to be wrong this time? If you need a property these few years, ask yourself if you can afford to miss this boat. It might take a few years for the cycle to reverse and doesn't mean prices will go back to this level. Over the long run, property prices only appreciate. Straight line appreciation. The new high will be higher than the old high. If you think prices will head south, then you wait. If not, move in now. Don't wait for property to hit new high then regret. I have seen enough people complaining about high property prices because those are cocks who dare not buy and hoping prices will drop.

Quote Originally Posted by southpark2000

BOTTOMLINE

RESEARCH

RESEARCH

RESEARCH

By the way, don't buy interlace. Not a good buy. Go subsale/resale market. A lot of better buys. nicer, cheaper and better location. TOP sooner also. If you buying to flip, then ok. Confirm can flip one. If buying for own stay, might as well look for city fringe houses. Prices still low. Southbank, Metropolitan, Citylights, The Beacon, Regency Suite. All are near MRT and psf is almost same as Interlace. But available immediately. I strongly feel Southbank and Citylights really good buy. Seaview + MRT + Super near town.

p/s: I don't stay in Condo

you think these are still asking "reasonable" prices? Try calling up the adverts, all the asks shoot up already. Higher priced than Interlace i'm afraid.

Quote Originally Posted by Squall8888
    By the way, don't buy interlace. Not a good buy. Go subsale/resale market. A lot of better buys. nicer, cheaper and better location. TOP sooner also. If you buying to flip, then ok. Confirm can flip one. If buying for own stay, might as well look for city fringe houses. Prices still low. Southbank, Metropolitan, Citylights, The Beacon, Regency Suite. All are near MRT and psf is almost same as Interlace. But available immediately. I strongly feel Southbank and Citylights really good buy. Seaview + MRT + Super near town.

p/s: I don't stay in Condo