Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: The Riverine by the Park (D12, Freehold, Wing Tai)

elements Guest

Default The Riverine by the Park (D12, Freehold, Wing Tai)

Tenure: Freehold

Site area: 35,323 sqft

Total units: 100 (30 storey)

Unit types:
    *2 BR ~ 1000 sqft
    *3 BR ~ 1200 to 1370 sqft
    *4 BR ~ 1760 sqft
    *Penthouses ~ 1800 to 2640 sqft

Price: expected $1200 psf
    Last edited by elements; 07-03-07 at 13:11.

elements Guest

Default Re: The Riverine by the Park (D12, Freehold, Wing Tai)

This excellent site is strategically located beside Kallang Riverside Park, which is just diagonally opposite the Kallang MRT Station and bus terminal. The upcoming freehold development presents an attractive investment for home buyers with its convenient location close to popular water recreational activities and yet within close proximity to the city.

For entertainment and sports pursuits, The National Stadium, Singapore Indoor Stadium, Kallang Tennis Centre and Kallang Theatre are just a stone’s throw away while East Coast Park is just down the road for residents looking for sports and recreations.

Meanwhile, shopping areas, eating places and wet markets are all around the corner to meet resident’s practical needs. Excellent schools and institution such as Hong Wen School, Geylang Methodist Primary and Secondary School and Lasalle – SIA College of the Arts are also in the vicinity.

Easy Accessibility
    The site’s strategic location in the Kallang area ensures easy access to all parts of Singapore. The Central Business District, Orchard Road and Changi Airport are within 10 minutes drive away via the Nicoll Highway and East Coast Parkway expressway. Public transports are also readily available with the Kallang MRT Station and bus terminal just a leisurely stroll away.

Unregistered Guest

Any picture? If this is 30 storey high, it will block the views of those HDB and condo that are situated more inland. Hopefully it is tall and skinny so it won't block too much of the views of those living inland.

Unregistered Guest

no pics ah?

Unregistered Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered
    no pics ah?
    $1200 PSF a bit expensive right? Actually the site is quite near to notorious Geylang red-light district, how come never describe?!

Unregistered Guest

Smile Re: The Riverine by the Park (D12, Freehold, Wing Tai)

$1200 PSF a bit expensive right? Actually the site is quite near to notorious Geylang red-light district, how come never describe?!
    IN 1-2 years time, it's the norm.Developers are building for the expected influxs of rich foreigners/PR-to-be over the next 10 years. Kallang is near CBD, Overlooking future sport-hub and the Marina Bay areas. Why expensive ? Red-lights only add to the spices of the Marina Bay Sands/ Resort-world at Sentosa. See the future !!!

Unregistered Guest

Smile Re: The Riverine by the Park (D12, Freehold, Wing Tai)

Yeah the future is Wing Tai!

no Guest

Wing Tai condos normally very cheena one... tessarina's exterior and interior very obiang.

their other condos like kovan melody and nexus have white color grilles after you step out of lift and before you enter the corridor to the apartments. very low-class looking lah...

Unregistered Guest

What do you mean by cheena? I don't understand.

Unregistered Guest

Talking Re: The Riverine by the Park (D12, Freehold, Wing Tai)

That's why Wing Tai makes a lot of money = sell high but build on low cost materials :-)

Unregistered Guest

wooohoooo! $1200 psf!!!!! I am VERY VERY sure it will be HOT and sold out! i mean, if one north can sell for $1000psf, one rochester $1200 psf, Riverine will beat them both hands down as it is "the only FREEHOLD residence in the Greater Marina Area" - the advertising tagline by Wing Tai. note: "Greater Marina" they are including Kallang in the Marina Bay scheme of things..

insane Guest

$1,200 psf for Kallang is pure insanity. If popular, will be seeing lots of rich foreign buyers instead of local ones. Many locals are still reeling at the price movement upwards for traditionally none-prime properties as evidenced by the response at one north (mostly local buyers). Prices have gone up, locals' salaries haven't.

Unregistered Guest

Actually it can turn out to be quite a nice area. This area is slated for URA development. Can't be too bad what. We shouldn't be too narrow minded. Think of the future possibilities, the potential. That's why Li Ka Shing and Donald Trump became so rich: by developing luxury properties in cheap/lousy areas that nobody else wanted, and turning them into expensive areas.

Unregistered Guest

Wing Tai builds iconic projects. Look at Visioncrest: the jewel of Dhoby Ghaut.

Marina East Guest

If freehold at $1,200 psf too expensive, then go buy 99-leasehold Southbank lor.

Unregistered Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Marina East
    If freehold at $1,200 psf too expensive, then go buy 99-leasehold Southbank lor.

Both The Riverine and Southbank are great projects in their own right. Both are looking mightily attractive. Given spare cash, I would buy one each :P

wings tai Guest

I can see the potential of Riverine. This part of Kallang is quite pleasant and is very near the city area. There will definitely be a water view for most units, as Kallang is on the river and also near the sea. So residents will get either sea or river or both. Wing Tai has been very successful in their property development so this should not be any different. Wing Tai has got long term foresight.

good one Guest

With the development of waterways into high end zones (residents must expect to pay more, even for HDB) spearheaded by URA, Kallang River will be very happening. Perhaps even yachts will be allowed in to berth at Riverine. Soon Kallang will be a place for the rich and famous.

OKT Guest

Wah! Does that mean that my terrace houses in Geylang also will cost $1200psf! Wah like that I must upgrade my girls already. Have more high end girls to serve new high class customers from the new high class "Greater Marina Bay".

Unregistered Guest

Thumbs up Re: The Riverine by the Park (D12, Freehold, Wing Tai)

What you mean? You mean marina bay in future will have more high class girls to serve us for supper? Yummy...I must book a bunny girl now!

mr funny is offline Any complaints please PM me

Default Wing Tai lining up 3 new launches

Published March 29, 2007

Wing Tai lining up 3 new launches

By ARTHUR SIM

WING Tai Asia will roll out at least three new residential launches over the next few months including two on recently acquired collective sale sites.

Riverine by the Park: Set for April launch. On pricing, Wing Tai plans to take its cue from new projects nearby

Helios Residences on the former Phoenix Mansion site at Cairnhill Circle will be launched in May while the yet-to-be-named development on the former Belle Vue site at Oxley Walk will be launched in July.

The third development will be The Riverine by the Park on Kallang Road, to be launched in April.

Wing Tai deputy chairman Edmund Cheng would not reveal launch prices but said that it would take its 'cue' from new properties in the same vicinity.

Wing Tai bought Phoenix Mansion for $57.9 million or $716 per square foot per plot ratio (psf ppr) in July 2005 and Belle Vue for $227.3 million or $665.95 psf ppr three months later.

Although it has helped to boost the collective sales market here - with the $1,369 psf ppr price it paid for Ardmore Point in October last year, and more recently paying $1,650 psf ppr for Anderson 18 (with City Developments) - Wing Tai does feel that owners' price expectations for collective sale sites are getting quite high.

'They are asking for prices that are higher than what developers are selling,' said Mr Cheng. 'I think they have to be a bit realistic also,' he added.

Still, as Mr Cheng conceded, the sentiment in the market is, 'good'. 'The market is strong and economic growth is there. Singapore is transforming from a local to a global market, so of course your asset will have a global value,' he added.

On future acquisitions, Mr Cheng said: 'We will continue to see how the market develops. If the market continues to be strong, we will respond and consider if there is economic viability or not.'

Wing Tai does already have a sizeable stable of new products. In April 2006, it acquired a large development site with NTUC Choice Homes in Tanah Merah and Mr Cheng says that this development, which will have around 500-units, will also be launched this year.

The new development on the site of Newton Meadows, acquired in May 2006, could also be launched this year, he said.

In the 'super, super luxury' segment, Wing Tai is expected to launch the new developments at Ardmore Point and Anderson 18 early next year. These will be two separate developments, Mr Cheng said, quelling speculation that both sites could be amalgamated.

Other high-end products that Wing Tai has on the market include The Light @ Cairnhill and VisionCrest Residences. The former is almost fully sold while the latter is more than 50 per cent sold. For its high-end developments, foreigners make up about 50 per cent of the buyers, Mr Cheng revealed.

Unregistered Guest

Launching at $1200 psf to $1600 psf. No showflat. Selling through floor plan.

Showroom Hopper Guest

Cheong ah!

jesus christ Guest

Selling overseas, I bet! That's when buyers cannot see what is around the condo.... well, they will be in for a rude shock when they finally collect the keys.

Showroom Hopper Guest

Quote Originally Posted by jesus christ
    Selling overseas, I bet! That's when buyers cannot see what is around the condo.... well, they will be in for a rude shock when they finally collect the keys.

Are you buying?
    I have driven to the showroom next to the site 2 months ago. It wasn't ready then. Maybe you can drive there and check out the place yourself.

Jesus Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Showroom Hopper
    Are you buying?
    I have driven to the showroom next to the site 2 months ago. It wasn't ready then. Maybe you can drive there and check out the place yourself.
    I haven't seen the showroom but i have driven to the site quite a number of times. All i can see are the beach rd office buildings. ok granted there is a view of the kallang basin/river but hey look around you, behind there are flatted factories and a few minutes away are the Geylang fcuk shops and durian sellers.

MRT track is just nearby.

Dunno lah, this location just seems very low class to me. Pay me also i won't live here. Damage my reputation only.

mary Guest

Almost fully sold.

Price ranged from $1300 psf to $1700 psf for high floors.

Unregistered Guest

Quote Originally Posted by mary
    Almost fully sold.

Price ranged from $1300 psf to $1700 psf for high floors.
    OH

MY

GOD

Kallang?????

Unregistered Guest

They marketed this project overseas? Cos I can't think of any Singaporean willing to pay that price for Kallang.

Watcher Guest

They marketed this project overseas? Cos I can't think of any Singaporean willing to pay that price for Kallang.

Singaporeans bought lah.