Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: The Riverine by the Park (D12, Freehold, Wing Tai)

Unregistered Guest

Default Re: The Riverine by the Park (D12, Freehold, Wing Tai)

i think it's closed already... but you can walk around to peep through the glass windows...

Registered Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered
    i think it's closed already... but you can walk around to peep through the glass windows...

It's to be closed as it's already sold out.

Unregistered Guest

Exclamation Re: The Riverine by the Park (D12, Freehold, Wing Tai)

WHAT!!Geylang areasell for $1600???

This place got so many prostitute and Aqua still want to buy. STUPID!!

$1600 psf better look for Newton area better silly.

Unregistered Guest

WHAT!!Geylang areasell for $1600???

This place got so many prostitute and Aqua still want to buy. STUPID!!

$1600 psf better look for Newton area better silly.

I agree. That price is ridiculous for that general area. Check out what one property offionado has written: http://gapuraland.blogspot.com/2007/...red-areas.html

kallang is Geyland ? Guest

Interesting point:

Kallang = Geyland

Unregistered Guest

Quote Originally Posted by kallang is Geyland ?
    Interesting point:

Kallang = Geyland

No, Kallang is certainly not Geylang. I think the thread above, was in reference to a different discussion.

whatever Guest

whatever you say

Unregistered Guest

Do you mean fully sold = property good?

So childish !!!!! It just means that there are many victims being cheated by the property agents and developer.... hahahhaha

Observer. Guest

Do you mean fully sold = property good?

So childish !!!!! It just means that there are many victims being cheated by the property agents and developer.... hahahhaha

Shh .... not so loud .... you want the whole world to know you are poor and can't afford it?
    Lay low lah!

Unregistered Guest

haha this is very interesting, I prefer to be poor than to be stupid!

Riverine Guest

Thumbs up 加冷煤气厂旧址一带 料将发展更多市区住宅

吴汉钧
    联合早报
    2007-06-29

根据650万人口规划新加坡,当然得安排足够的住屋,政府接下来除继续发展榜鹅及盛港组屋区,也开始把目光聚焦于滨海南和加冷煤气厂旧址一带地段,发展更多市区住宅。

国家发展部长马宝山本星期一受访时透露,加冷煤气厂旧址一带是发展市区住宅的另一个重点地段。由于这个地区衔接中央商业区和巴耶利峇区域中心,具备发展潜能,而且毗邻加冷河畔公园,环境优美,他相信那里会是个受欢迎的市区住宅地段。

马宝山说:“那一带刚好在市区边缘,不在市区内,就好像是进入市区的大门。我们希望那里会有办公室、SOHO(居家办公单位)项目、零售和娱乐设施、酒店等。那里也靠近加冷河,有发展河畔住宅的潜能。”

市区重建局正在考虑的地段,南北以尼诰大道和加冷路为界,东西以哥罗福街和沈氏大道为线,与体育城为邻,整个地段涵盖旧加冷机场、加冷河、加冷河畔公园及加冷煤气厂旧址。

加冷煤气厂俗称“火城”,拥有130多年历史的煤气厂拆除后,那一带就一直是个定位相当模糊的地区,没有明确的发展蓝图。

不过,近年来附近出现许多发展计划,使加冷煤气厂旧址一带的发展逐渐明朗化。这些发展计划包括嘉德置地在劳明达的瓅之尚都(Citylights)、华业集团位于新桥路的Southbank和永泰控股位于加冷路及加冷河畔的Riverine By The Park,位于加冷路及捷利歌路(Jellicoe Rd)之间的地段最近也被列为酒店发展备售地段。

滨海湾公园周围地段将发展成优质住宅区

另外,滨海南围绕滨海湾公园(Gardens by the Bay)周围的地段将发展成优质住宅区,这些住宅的居民将拥有无敌海景和公园风景。

马宝山在访谈中畅谈2001年发展概念总蓝图(Concept Plan 2001)需要进行中期检讨的缘由,以及政府打算如何规划下来五年的发展总蓝图(Masterplan 2008)。

概念总蓝图勾画出未来40至50年的土地规划发展大方向,每10年检讨一次。2001年概念总蓝图原定2011年检讨,不过这几年来人口和经济发展变化迅速,市建局因此决定今年展开中期检讨。发展总蓝图则是每五年修订一次。

对于新加坡人很关注650万人口的问题,马宝山知道这引起了一些人的焦虑,他重申这并不是政府的目标,而是规划时的依据。不过,他也认为,新加坡要维持经济和社会活力,就有需要增加人口。

今年2月,以650万人口作为新加坡未来四五十年的规划依据的消息见报后,很多人关注新加坡是否容纳得下这么多人。人们担心地比香港小、人口一旦和香港一样多的新加坡是否还能提供人民负担得起的住屋,人民是否都要挤小房子、缺乏休闲空间等现实问题。

他说,规划需要根据一些假设才能进行,规划师没有目标就无从下手。在考虑了人口增长趋势、各领域的成长后,确立了650万人口的规划依据。

“在可预见的未来,根据我们知道的技术——不论是往空中发展还是往地底开挖,根据我们的土地储备,根据我们对学校、公路、地铁、蓄水池、武装部队、办公楼、污水处理站、公园等细节的规划,我们可以安顿好这些人口。”

2001年概念总蓝图是以550万人口作为规划依据,当时人口只有390万左右,目前已增加到将近450万。一些分析家认为,新加坡有可能在20年内达到650万人口,马宝山基于人口增长的不可预测性,不苟同这样的看法。

马宝山也谈到巴耶利峇和裕廊东区域中心的发展,以及政府会如何通过规划促进新加坡的休闲生活及打造一个人人钟爱的家园。

Unregistered Guest

Dear all,

Riverine units for sale:
    Penthouse. Asking 1800psf
    Stack 02. abv #25. 1744sqft. Asking 1750psf
    Stack 03. Abv #15. 1206sqft. Asking 1680psf

Interested investors, pls reply throught this thread.

Rgds.

Unregistered Guest

Dear all,

Riverine units for sale:
    Penthouse. Asking 1800psf
    Stack 02. abv #25. 1744sqft. Asking 1750psf
    Stack 03. Abv #15. 1206sqft. Asking 1680psf

Interested investors, pls reply throught this thread.

Rgds.
    So cheap huh. Sorry hor I only buy above 3000 psf hor. This one makes me look bad with my mahjong pals hor. If you price above 3000psf i consider hor. Just price it at 3500 psf lar sure got people buy one. Foreigners.

Seng Guest

So cheap huh. Sorry hor I only buy above 3000 psf hor. This one makes me look bad with my mahjong pals hor. If you price above 3000psf i consider hor. Just price it at 3500 psf lar sure got people buy one. Foreigners.

Wah liao!
    Dun pretend you pray mahjong with us leh.

Riverine Guest

Riverine Guest

This is not important you guys said is Kallang or Geylang, can make money is “Big-lang”. Master Plan 2008 had revived this property.

Riverine Guest

Thumbs up Kallang River surroundings poised for boom time

Da Guest

Question

anyone knows what is the take up rate like, so far?

da Guest

Talking

opps..ignore my posting, I see that is fully sold. So popular, or ppl just buy to flip?

Riverine Guest

Default Reality check for 99-year lease top-up assumption

The market used to assume that the government would top up leases for sites to 99 years as they came up for redevelopment. A series of recent decisions - in which the authorities either declined lease top-ups or allowed them, but for shorter tenures - have put a big question mark over that assumption.

Property players say these decisions could have an impact on investment sales of 99-year leasehold properties or at least the way such deals are structured.

In January, when the proposal for Market Street Car Park’s redevelopment into an office tower was made public, owner CapitaCommercial Trust revealed that the authorities declined to top up the lease for the site, which has another 65 years to run.

More recently, the market learnt that the former Crosby House site at 71 Robinson Road - which is being built into a new office block - had its lease topped up in April last year, not to the usual 99 years but 85 years and 10 months instead. This was apparently to match the remaining lease term of SIA Building next door.

BT understands that no lease top-up was granted for Marina House last year, which is proposed to be redeveloped, although HMC Building nearby (being developed into Lumiere condo) got a lease top-up to 99 years earlier. Sources say another building at Cecil Street has also had its lease top-up application rejected. Again, the Urban Redevelopment Authority (URA) may have plans for the streetblock where it is located.

In recent years, the government has topped up leases of nearby sites to the original 99-year term, including 1 Shenton Way (being redeveloped into One Shenton), NatWest Centre (being redeveloped into The Clift) and HMC Building.

The recent decisions appear to run contrary to the perception that the government would generally agree to top up leases of such sites to the original 99 years, so long as the planned redevelopment scheme is in sync with URA’s long-term vision for the area.

Instead, Singapore Land Authority (SLA) said: ‘The government will generally allow leases to expire, without extension.’ It noted that ‘the state generally sells land on leasehold to allow it the flexibility to reallocate land to meet socio-economic needs.’

‘However, the government has considered and allowed lease extensions based on whether the proposed redevelopment is in line with the government’s planning intention and long-term development plans, and factors such as whether there would be significant intensification, or greater optimisation in land use. That remains the government’s policy,’ SLA said.

SLA evaluates each application on its merits and in consultation with the relevant agencies. The specific circumstances of each development dictate whether it should be given a lease extension - and for how long.

Market Street Car Park’s lease was not topped up ‘as there is a need to retain planning flexibility over the future development of the site’, SLA said.

URA said it evaluates requests for topping up leases based on ‘a range of planning considerations in relation to the specific location and context of the area’. This approach gives ‘the state flexibility to review the longer-term plan for the area, as and when the existing leases expire or come in for extension in future, and to reconfigure the parcels, if required, to provide for better land utilisation’, it added.

In the Central Business District, for instance, the considerations may vary from streetblock to streetblock, URA said, when queried about the unusual lease top-up to 85 years and 10 months for 71 Robinson Road. ‘This lease period is sufficient to allow for the owner to redevelop the site to a new modern office building,’ URA added.

DTZ executive director Ong Choon Fah said: ‘In the past, the government may have been pretty liberal in topping up leases. Now, they’ve to think of Concept Plan 2011 and how to accommodate a long-term population of 6.5 million people.

‘So they have to be more creative and safeguard land for the future, by having a common lease expiry period.’

The head of a property consulting group said: ‘URA’s probably doing a housekeeping exercise of trying to coordinate lease expiries of buildings in the same streetblock, to give themselves some flexibility. So they may ask: ‘What’s the longest remaining lease in this block? Let’s now try, going forward, to have leases in this streetblock expire at the same time, so that in future, if we want to do anything, we’ll be able to do that.’

DTZ’s Mrs Ong observes: ‘There are many pencil buildings on tiny plots in the CBD. It would be more efficient if the government has common lease expiry periods for adjacent plots so that they may amalgamate them into bigger land parcels and resell them in future.

‘It’s more efficient to intensify land use for bigger land parcels. Globally too there’s a trend of mixed developments, with a live, work, play environment. It’s more environmentally friendly and reduces commuting time. For that too you need bigger sites.’

Source : Business Times - 4 Jun 2008

My usual vomit blood post.. No constructive comments whatever.

My parents are now looking at Riverine ..
    and at $1400psf to $2000psf in the listing prices... you can look at seafront and belvedere at meyer road.. even consider river valley condos.

But I can only console myself... home is where they want to stay, not whether got investment value. Location X3 don't matter. Value don't matter. It's whether you can pay without dripping blood, that's matter.

I pray to thee almighty property god to help them make the right decision.

Quote Originally Posted by focus

and at $1400psf to $2000psf in the listing prices... you can look at seafront and belvedere at meyer road.. even consider river valley condos.

But I can only console myself... home is where they want to stay, not whether got investment value. Location X3 don't matter. Value don't matter. It's whether you can pay without dripping blood, that's matter.

Are they for investment or own stay?

Quote Originally Posted by focus

Can keep cash instead.

But cash has very little growth.

Default Riverine is not moving yet

I personally feel that this is a real gem that has not been discovered yet. It is the only FH property in the huge plot of land in the Kallang Riverside plan; and of course this is made up of 99 yr land that has not been incldued in GLS yet. The view is fantastic - both stadium view and marina view. MRT is also within 5 minutes walk. I understand from agents that TOP is this month or latest next month.

Quote Originally Posted by helenthean
    I personally feel that this is a real gem that has not been discovered yet. It is the only FH property in the huge plot of land in the Kallang Riverside plan; and of course this is made up of 99 yr land that has not been incldued in GLS yet. The view is fantastic - both stadium view and marina view. MRT is also within 5 minutes walk. I understand from agents that TOP is this month or latest next month.
    I said that to someone earlier in the forum. No response but at least no direct disagreement. But I would say that I agree with you on this. Hope that owners can give chance give chance to those who are looking at this. Asking not low.

Looking at earlier posts, this project was launch in april 2007 at around 1300-1700psf, I guess the owners will be asking at least 1800psf to make profits for subsale.

Looking at streetsine, I think all the 4 sub sales in 2009 at around 1200psf were losses.

Time it numerous time between Kallang MRT and Riverine. Its around 8mins. No jaywalk between the 2 traffic lights.

Its freehold and the view is good (think so) but if you really walk there and stand there for some time, dun know why the atmosphere just doesn't seem right, but believe its just me.

Anyway, for this price and so near near to Geyland, would lrather go for Meyer side of things.

2 cents worth.

I think the atmosphere is not right because in front you get the mrt rising out of the ground and at the side you get some messy construction ground belonging to the govt... ?

Its ok to disagree.. I could be wrong also. Just giving a opinion. Look beyond the flaws to see the real beauty. And move your horizon 5 to 10 or even 30 years down the road. MM lee had said something along those lines. "30 years from now... Singapore will be a metropolis" after independence. sorry for any misquote. ISD agents take note

A diamond is a worthless stone burried in the ground before being discovered. Next after discovery is to polish it to perfection. Something you can do but nothing beats polishing by skilled professionals (government and other developers).

Those sold at a loss may be due to other reasons or not as ideal facing. They could have been bought by investors on interest only scheme or Deferred payment scheme. Caught red handed with their pants down by savy buyers. Must do a more careful analysis on that to draw the correct conclusions.

Ok, make myself clearer, I would suggest to go for right penthouses. But don't blame me if the investment turn sour. Make your own decisions.