Page 43 of 44 FirstFirst ... 131823283338394041424344 LastLast
Results 1,261 to 1,290 of 1297

Thread: Hundred Trees (Former Hong Leong Garden @West Coast Drive)

I was told only 2.8m. Overall the combination of hollow walls, fake parquet, homogenous tiles and the cheesy balcony grills cheapens the overall feel of the apartment.

The only big surprise is e hollow wall. Others were seen at e show flat. Ground floor 3.3 m ceiling height. Balcony is glass. Not too bad.

Quote Originally Posted by hyenergix
    The only big surprise is e hollow wall. Others were seen at e show flat. Ground floor 3.3 m ceiling height. Balcony is glass. Not too bad.
    Agree, only the hollow wall came as a "surprise" for those who had seen the show flat. 2nd floor onwards ceiling height is measured 2.8m. The balcony sliding doors are relative good. Able to cut down the AYE noise level by 20dB (measured A-weighting).

Quote Originally Posted by jonleelk
    Agree, only the hollow wall came as a "surprise" for those who had seen the show flat. 2nd floor onwards ceiling height is measured 2.8m. The balcony sliding doors are relative good. Able to cut down the AYE noise level by 20dB (measured A-weighting).
    You are better off buying neighboring condos. Carabelle boasts of 3.2 meter ceiling height and no noise even with doors and windows wide open. And the walls here don't sound hollow even if you hit it with a sledge hammer.

Honestly speaking, I feel pressured when I step into my friend's unit.

The noise is significant and the balcony window makes it mandatory to be close for most of the time.

The facilities in the vincinity is average.

I know why the maintenance fees is expensive; I was at the lobby, it was air-conditioned. Nice but wasteful.

Quote Originally Posted by yowetan

The noise is significant and the balcony window makes it mandatory to be close for most of the time.

I know why the maintenance fees is expensive; I was at the lobby, it was air-conditioned. Nice but wasteful.
    I'm waiting for the trees and hedges to grow to reduce the noise. Agree that facilities are average, which brings up the question why the maintenance fees are so high. The few air-conditioned lobbies are very small part of the total fees collected (perhaps $150k a month).

All AYE facing units at Hundred Trees and Infiniti will be noisy. The exception will be Carabelle because its blocks nearer to AYE are designed with their backside facing AYE, thus the living room are still quiet. The units further in have their living room facing AYE, but noise level will be less due to the further distance.

Likewise, all inner facing units at Hundred Trees and Infiniti are quieter.

Quote Originally Posted by hyenergix
    I'm waiting for the trees and hedges to grow to reduce the noise. Agree that facilities are average, which brings up the question why the maintenance fees are so high. The few air-conditioned lobbies are very small part of the total fees collected (perhaps $150k a month).
    Pardon me, but I look at the block 95's trees, near basketball court and the tennis court. Those trees were there some time, but I notice they are pretty barren.

How can a barren tree effective in filtering away the road noise. The finishing is mass-condo profile though.

Honestly speaking, I find the window(s) look cheap.

Bay window(s) are taking away space from the rooms.

Pardon me, but I look at the block 95's trees, near basketball court and the tennis court. Those trees were there some time, but I notice they are pretty barren.

How can a barren tree effective in filtering away the road noise. The finishing is mass-condo profile though.

Honestly speaking, I find the window(s) look cheap.

Bay window(s) are taking away space from the rooms.
    Those are N-park trees. Pruning were done to those trees time to time. U should have seen the trees just after pruning, almost botak!

Sis hyenergix was referring to the trees and hedges inside 100Trees compound.

Cool

The 4bedders facing park is nice.
    and facing a lap pool, quiet n serene. SWEE

Quote Originally Posted by jonleelk
    Those are N-park trees. Pruning were done to those trees time to time. U should have seen the trees just after pruning, almost botak!

Sis hyenergix was referring to the trees and hedges inside 100Trees compound.
    Hi...thanks for the clarification.

The trees I saw there is not green, and looks like "drying".

Like you said, it is probably clean up by NParks.

Quote Originally Posted by jeaprp
    The 4bedders facing park is nice.
    and facing a lap pool, quiet n serene. SWEE
    That's provided you don't open the yard door or the junior master bedroom windows as that would let the AYE noise through..

I did not see many families moving in Hundred trees yet. My friend just recieved his key last week. Why is that slow?

Btw, I am disappointed with CDL quality and finishing. Is this a truly CDL development?

I did not see many families moving in Hundred trees yet. My friend just recieved his key last week. Why is that slow?

Btw, I am disappointed with CDL quality and finishing. Is this a truly CDL development?
    In recent years CDL's quality and finishing have been mediocre at best. On the other hand FEO/Fraser has improved. This has been the observation of many in the forum in the past few years.

Quote Originally Posted by august
    In recent years CDL's quality and finishing have been mediocre at best. On the other hand FEO/Fraser has improved. This has been the observation of many in the forum in the past few years.
    Hi...Thanks for the information.

I have friends who bought Bukit Panjang - Blossom Residence. That is also under CDL.

Will that be impact as well?

Hi...Thanks for the information.

I have friends who bought Bukit Panjang - Blossom Residence. That is also under CDL.

Will that be impact as well?
    That's an EC right? Your guess is as good as mine.

Cool

Looks ok to me, seen worse finishing with other developers.
    usually the smaller developers.
    not vested

That's an EC right? Your guess is as good as mine.
    My friend(s) are waiting earnestly for the completion of the unit which is supposedly purported to be Q3 2014.

I am unsure if it would realize after witnessing Hundred Trees progress this year.

Your mother didnt educate you? Seventh lunar month cannot move house?
    Ride or Die

Quote Originally Posted by Autumnwinds
    Your mother didnt educate you? Seventh lunar month cannot move house?
    Cannot even start renovation...

Default Dimmer switch

Hi guys, I'm really confused about the dimmer switch at the living room. Any idea if I can install a ceiling fan with lights at the living room or do I need to change to a normal switch? Any advice is much appreciated!

Quote Originally Posted by Blueranger
    Hi guys, I'm really confused about the dimmer switch at the living room. Any idea if I can install a ceiling fan with lights at the living room or do I need to change to a normal switch? Any advice is much appreciated!
    what do u not understand about dimmer ?

re the ceiling fan with light... why not ? no need special switch ..
    a lot of times its just a on/off switch and light and fan speed are controlled by remote control

U will need to bypass the dimmer switch. Don't use the provided dimmer control to connect to your ceiling fan. Some fans will hum when connected to a dimmer circuit.

No issue. Just ask your electrician to skip the dimmer. But do retain the dimmer receivers in case you want to revert back to dimmers.

To install ceiling fans, it is better to install false ceiling first and relocate the recessed lights at the sides and put the fan in the center. This is expensive to do but it is more worth it as the illumination will be more uniform and better for the eyes, and the fan at the center can provide better circulation of air. For living room, use fans with longer, lighter and more blades. Fans with lights are more for decorations only.

Dimmer switch is only good for dimmable LED or halogen spot light. If you want to install fan and lights etc you need to get a 2, 3 or 4 gang switch depending how many different control you want.

What is the brand of switch they are using? clipsal Schneider?
    "Never argue with an idiot, or he will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience."

28 AUG 2013 95 WEST COAST DRIVE #XX-XX SUB SALE 786 STRATA 1,502 1,180,000 PRIVATE

1502psf for 786sqft at 1.18m
    Ride at your own risk !!!

Quote Originally Posted by phantom_opera View Post
    28 AUG 2013 95 WEST COAST DRIVE #XX-XX SUB SALE 786 STRATA 1,502 1,180,000 PRIVATE

1502psf for 786sqft at 1.18m
    record price for this size. It this a 2 bedder?
    "Never argue with an idiot, or he will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience."

Quote Originally Posted by Ringo33 View Post
    record price for this size. It this a 2 bedder?
    2 bedder. http://www.cdl.com.sg/hundredtrees/f...n_2_bedrm.html

Quote Originally Posted by wirehtc View Post
    home for mickey and minnie.

Hi...I think the price is reasonable.