Page 31 of 44 FirstFirst ... 6111621262728293031323334353641 ... LastLast

Thread: Hundred Trees (Former Hong Leong Garden @West Coast Drive)

so can it qualify as high end?

Quote Originally Posted by proud owner
    actually waterfall gardens quite nice ..

they really gave high end appliances .. but somehow the layout not so good ...

their back gate ..leading to Farrer rd .. where the future MRT is .. has got very nice sitting area ...the pool is not bad too ...

Quote Originally Posted by bargain hunter
    so can it qualify as high end?
    well not exactly lor

too near main road .. kind of noisy

to me has to be quiet and lots of greenery

I noticed MCL like to include appliance in their projects, e.g. waterfall garden and Esta, its nice freebies

Any idea when the developer is likely to ask for the first disbursement from the bank?

When the foundation starts...

Quote Originally Posted by hyenergix
    Any idea when the developer is likely to ask for the first disbursement from the bank?

Construction shld start quite soon... Hong Leong Gdn's tower block has 3 more stories to go before it's completely flattened...

I ought to, on the least response to this compliment.

Thank you.

huh.. doubt you will see this after a solid 2 months..

Quote Originally Posted by novel
    apple3, I really respect your objective opinions for the different projects!

In real life, alot of interior designers sub con their jobs to contractors. So the main essence is how to select a good supplier. You can pay a premium price for getting an interior designer but in the end the quality is much worst than contractor go to reno talk forum soo many forummers complaining about their ID, alot of them prefer to go directly to good contractors. And nowadays alot of new HDB quality are comparable or better than those 99 leasehold mass market condos.

And I have experience with marble and homogenous flooring, I would choose marble too since I have 2 monkeys (my active boys) in the house.

Quote Originally Posted by apple3
    I ought to, on the least response to this compliment.

Thank you.

huh.. doubt you will see this after a solid 2 months..
    Mass market should be affected for a while... the luxury market should stay resilient.

Need another 5 to 8 years before they become Hot again... when the next generation can upgrade... 3 year construction and 5 year minimum occupation period.

its going to be a downward slope...from now and followed by a flat line... a double dip recession would acceleration the dipping...

Hmm don't really agree...
    Because these "next generation" first-time buyers are not those that were fueling the mass-market condos...
    These "next-gen" were fueling the resale HDB! as they don't want to want 3 years..., not mass-market condos!

Those who were buying and upgrading to mass/mid market condos are already staying well beyond their HDB's MOP...so this segment is not really affected at all.

Also, a segment of private property owners were buying into HDB resales as well for "investment/rental",
    but with the new ruling, they can't buy resale HDB anymore...
    they will have to instead start turning into buying private property for investment instead - especially those with lower quantum...
    thus this renewed segment providing more support for mass market private property...

Quote Originally Posted by Condorich
    Mass market should be affected for a while... the luxury market should stay resilient.

Need another 5 to 8 years before they become Hot again... when the next generation can upgrade... 3 year construction and 5 year minimum occupation period.

its going to be a downward slope...from now and followed by a flat line... a double dip recession would acceleration the dipping...
    Last edited by plan; 01-09-10 at 21:42.

Quote Originally Posted by plan
    Hmm don't really agree...
    Because these "next generation" first-time buyers are not those that were fueling the mass-market condos...
    These "next-gen" were fueling the resale HDB! as they don't want to want 3 years..., not mass-market condos!

Those who were buying and upgrading to mass/mid market condos are already staying well beyond their HDB's MOP...so this segment is not really affected at all.

Also, a segment of private property owners were buying into HDB resales as well for "investment/rental",
    but with the new ruling, they can't buy resale HDB anymore...
    they will have to instead start turning into buying private property for investment instead - especially those with lower quantum...
    thus this renewed segment providing more support for mass market private property...
    It's ok.. I can agree to disagree...

Now, let me try to share the analysis here with you.

Current Situation before 29 Aug 2010
    1. Less than 8k combined income, apply HDB and wait for HDB flats or buy private (cash rich or parents are rich)
    2. More than 8k combined income, apply EC or buy resale HDB or buy private (cash rich or parents are rich)
    3. More than 10K combined income, appeal for EC or buy private (cash rich or parents are rich)

Future Situation
    1. Less than 10K combined income, buy HDB or buy private (cash rich or parents are rich)
    2. More than 10K combined income, Buy private.

You will know that the default choice first home is at 80% for HDBs. Then followed up by resale HDB and then private. It will be either HDB or private as a first home in future.

You are right that private owners without HDB cannot play HDB anymore and they play private.

But your point about those upgrading are not affected is not correct to me. This is because those eligible had already bought private and they are out from the demand. Those remaining are indeed affected as they have to cough up more cash and harder to get loan. The demand had been spent. If you want to have the same amount of upgraders in future... it is unlikely due to shrinking population and higher cash required.

There might be a rule that HDB owners cannot buy private in future unless they sell their HDB.. Now is that private cannot buy HDB without selling.. In future, it could also be applicable to HDB owners who want to upgrade. They have to sell their HDB. It is possible. The smart ones are those who already own HDB and Private as the rules will not be applied retrospectively. Beware.... Beware... Beware...

This is a forum of AGENTS? No one bother to do proper policy analysis?

New subsale highs for Hundred Trees in D5...

95 West Coast Drive #07-33
    956 Yrs From 27/05/1928
    $1,056 psf
    $830k
    09 Sep 10 (OTP start date, after gov measures).

New subsale highs for Hundred Trees in D5...

95 West Coast Drive #07-33
    956 Yrs From 27/05/1928
    $1,056 psf
    $830k
    09 Sep 10 (OTP start date, after gov measures).
    First owner bought from developer at $970psf for $761k. Doesn't look like much of a profit to him/her.

Similiar unit #11-32 was sold at $1071psf for $841k during launch, thus this sale still not "record high" for 2bdr for 100 Trees.

Quote Originally Posted by jonleelk
    First owner bought from developer at $970psf for $761k. Doesn't look like much of a profit to him/her.

Similiar unit #11-32 was sold at $1071psf for $841k during launch, thus this sale still not "record high" for 2bdr for 100 Trees.
    10% in just over 10 months even with after such gov measures is pretty good IMHO.

95 West Coast Drive #08-33
    956 Yrs From 27/05/1928
    $944 psf
    786 sq ft
    $742k
    28 Oct 09
    Last edited by plan; 20-10-10 at 15:02.

10% in just over 10 months even with after such gov measures is pretty good IMHO.

956 Yrs From 27/05/1928
    $944 psf
    786 sq ft
    $742k
    28 Oct 09
    Wow! I agree. West coast is becoming the next East Coast?

Mabe whole sg is becoming one orchard

Quote Originally Posted by devilplate
    Not whole sg..... If I may just quote.... "We still have Palau Ubin", so maybe that island is the next suburbia...

Quote Originally Posted by Fleur
    Soon people will start to talk about north coast? When all the waterfront projects and ponggol 21 are up? And with northcoast line?

teddybear is offline Global recession is coming....

Then we will see Changi (REAL) East Coast coming up... Then North-East Coast, North Coast, North West Coast...... The coastal areas can keep expanding! Fully built up? Never mind. Reclaim the land out into the side lor! Those new private properties will get the sea view and hence sell at premium. Those previously with sea views become blocked and no more sea view. Money will keep changing hands. Those after sea view properties and paying premium previously are like .

Quote Originally Posted by Fleur

teddybear is offline Global recession is coming....

How? Whole Singapore can sell at >$5000 psf? Whole Singapore can replicate a "ION" buildings and "ORCHARD RESIDENCES" on top and LV shop etc in each and every one of those buildings? Whole Singapore has many "ISTANA" replicated (and can elect many presidents then)?

Quote Originally Posted by devilplate

Default North Coast

Quote Originally Posted by Komo
    Soon people will start to talk about north coast? When all the waterfront projects and ponggol 21 are up? And with northcoast line?
    I stay in the north. North has the best sea view in Singapore - no container ships at all.
    We just need the 5th University. Let's depend on our MP. She is trying to get the escalator next to the Kahtib MRT station up and running. She has been trying that for 3 years. She will get a lot votes when she gets the government approval.

Thanks,
    Richard

Quote Originally Posted by richwang
    I stay in the north. North has the best sea view in Singapore - no container ships at all.
    We just need the 5th University. Let's depend on our MP. She is trying to get the escalator next to the Kahtib MRT station up and running. She has been trying that for 3 years. She will get a lot votes when she gets the government approval.

Thanks,
    Richard
    i nvr stay in the north...but i always heard stories about higher crime rate at places like marsiling, woodlands...bcoz near JB.....

Thanks,
    Richard
    Hmmm... 5th university to earn education dollars from our neighbours across the causeway? How come three years have passed and the escalator next to the Kahtib MRT is not up and runninng yet?

956 Yrs From 27/05/1928
    $944 psf
    786 sq ft
    $742k
    28 Oct 09
    Assuming the seller is cash rich and did not take up any bank loan, after deducting initial stamp duty of $17472, estimated lawyer fee of $5000 (for both purchase and sale) and 2% agent commission $16600 - left only $28500 profit. Where got 10%? Only 3.7%

Will be lower if we take into account loan cancelation fee and interest payments if the seller had taken up a bank loan

Need 3 years and the stake of an upcoming election to get a miserable escalator installed for a public amenity? It speaks volume about the effectiveness of the local representative.

Thanks,
    Richard

On the contrary, the ROI with bank loan is much higher lah,
    if the seller is smart, seller should had taken up a no lock in cheap bank loan that covers the legal fees etc and nego lower agent fees lah...

Investment Amount = 20% down = $148K
    Net sale proceeds after 10 mths = $32K

ROI = $31K/$148K * 12/10mths = 26% - loan interest of 1.5% = 24.5%

ROI could be even doubles if seller had nego with developer for less than 20% down, say 10% down.

Quote Originally Posted by wesing
    Assuming the seller is cash rich and did not take up any bank loan, after deducting initial stamp duty of $17472, estimated lawyer fee of $5000 (for both purchase and sale) and 2% agent commission $16600 - left only $28500 profit. Where got 10%? Only 3.7%

Will be lower if we take into account loan cancelation fee and interest payments if the seller had taken up a bank loan
    Last edited by plan; 21-10-10 at 17:52.

Thanks,
    Richard
    I nvr like north.. too close to Johor.. too close to JB.
    Jam & Jam & Pay & Pay ERP to & from city.. by the time I left city & reach home having my shower.. others still struggling on CTE to reach woodland
    Last edited by Rysk; 21-10-10 at 21:02.

hi I am new here. Does anyone know what is the future of Hong Leong Garden shopping Center? Are they going for en bloc soon?

anybody know how many parking lots in 100 trees?

Should be 435 lots versus 396 units (10% more). Mass market condo, so enough for everybody...

http://www.h88.com.sg/article/Condo+...Hundred+Trees/

Remember to ask your MA to be firmed and stick to one carpark per household. Otherwise it will be like Seaview.