Page 18 of 44 FirstFirst ... 38131415161718192021222328333843 ... LastLast

Thread: Hundred Trees (Former Hong Leong Garden @West Coast Drive)

I've been thinking why people pay a premium over existing resale units, the only rational explanation I can think of is that they are planning for self stay. if you're going to rent it out to some stranger, why bother buying brand new to be completed in 3 years time? especially in the case of projects without IAS where you don't get any cash inflow up till TOP.

Just received latest update from agent:

stack 5, 7, 8, 9, 12, 15, 16, 19, 22, 23, 26-34 100% sold. 1 and 2 brm 100% sold. 3 bdrm balance 7 units at stack 25, penthouse bal 1 unit.

Remaining stack of 2+1, 3+1 and 4 bdrm will be released today.

Quote Originally Posted by jonleelk

stack 5, 7, 8, 9, 12, 15, 16, 19, 22, 23, 26-34 100% sold. 1 and 2 brm 100% sold. 3 bdrm balance 7 units at stack 25, penthouse bal 1 unit.

Any price increase for the new release today??

i can think of 3 reasons:

1. rental mkt is still relatively weak now, so why buy now and be stuck with it with low rental yield, although i see people commenting that rents are starting to creep up, esp in the prime areas
    2. even if you are on NPS for NEW projects, you do not start off ur montly repayment at say 2-4k/mth, as it is indeed progressive depending on the progress of the constructions. So the few hundreds repayment is still "good for now".
    3. buy in the hope 3-4 yrs will see real economy recovering

Quote Originally Posted by kane
    I've been thinking why people pay a premium over existing resale units, the only rational explanation I can think of is that they are planning for self stay. if you're going to rent it out to some stranger, why bother buying brand new to be completed in 3 years time? especially in the case of projects without IAS where you don't get any cash inflow up till TOP.

that's a great update! seems like 2+study stacks are not so popular though. the stacks 3 and 24 which were released on friday afternoon still not sold out.

not sure if its the pool view or the fact that the bigger 3+1 and 4 bedders are not pool facing but pool view seems to be selling out faster.

by your agent's confirmation, 233 units have been sold and likely more in other stacks so total units sold should easily be between 250 to 300 units by now.

Default WHY HUNDRED TREES?

Reason:It is not far from the AYE, and trees are to absorb the noise from the traffic and filter off the dust. Those units facing West Coast Road will be much better in terms of noise. However, vehcular soots from the long vehicle going to and fro from tuas will get to the development whether it is facing towards or away from the AYE. The swimming pool will bound to be oily and filtration plant will have to be maintained regularly. Hope the buyers or potential buyers have considered this very important with the growing traffic volume in Singapore.

Quote Originally Posted by jsh
    It may take only 20% to gamble but they better take note to include stamp duties, 2.5% premium for IAS & lawyer fees. For 100 trees CDL does not allow assignment of option ie no nominees . Even for queuing (balloting)only buyer with the name on the booking sheet can buy. No change of name is allowed.And you cannot submit more than 1 blank cheque per buyer. This has allowed for an orderly & fair process.

Anyway at these asking prices I dont believe there's much scope for quick short term speculation.
    Yes, agree.. stamp duties and legal fees are implied.

This is more likley to be at least a 3 to 5 year term investment.

Those with holding power would be rewarded when the economy recovers.

Quote Originally Posted by bargain hunter
    not sure if its the pool view or the fact that the bigger 3+1 and 4 bedders are not pool facing but pool view seems to be selling out faster.
    But won't that also mean being nearer to the expressway?

Quote Originally Posted by bargain hunter
    that's a great update! seems like 2+study stacks are not so popular though. the stacks 3 and 24 which were released on friday afternoon still not sold out.

3 stacks of 2+1 are 100% sold (stack 8, 15 and 19). 3 and 24, as mentioned which were released last Fri, are at the corner of the development which still have balance. Remaining 2 stacks are 11 (pool view) and 20 (clubhouse view).

My guess stack 11 was not released over the last few days, else should be confirmed chop chop finish based on the rate for the pool view units so far.

Huttons sold 80% ....CBRE 20%...total 276 units sold
    Last edited by jonleelk; 27-09-09 at 13:21.

Default Why Hundred Trees

Quote Originally Posted by DC33_2008
    Reason:It is not far from the AYE, and trees are to absorb the noise from the traffic and filter off the dust. Those units facing West Coast Road will be much better in terms of noise. However, vehcular soots from the long vehicle going to and fro from tuas will get to the development whether it is facing towards or away from the AYE. The swimming pool will bound to be oily and filtration plant will have to be maintained regularly. Hope the buyers or potential buyers have considered this very important with the growing traffic volume in Singapore.
    The Hundred Trees that this development is named after are planted facing the landed.

Quote Originally Posted by moneyspinner
    Any price increase for the new release today??
    Even on Fri, the units released in the afternoon are more ex compared to the units released in the morning.

obviously, the fact that the furnishings and fittings at Hundred Trees are worse than those at Carabelle and Botannia are not deterring any one from buying. I went to take a look, everything is plastic, including the wardrobes and bathtubes. the quality is not much better than what we see at HDB.

plastic bathtubs??? wow ....

Huttons sold 80% ....CBRE 20%...total 276 units sold
    Pretty amazing hor .. no wonder tt hutton agent too busy to follow up (but juz as well since I'm not interested in the trees). Guess the show suites muz be damn crowded ..gosh. Thank goodness nvr go & squeeze

Quote Originally Posted by stalingrad
    obviously, the fact that the furnishings and fittings at Hundred Trees are worse than those at Carabelle and Botannia are not deterring any one from buying. I went to take a look, everything is plastic, including the wardrobes and bathtubes. the quality is not much better than what we see at HDB.
    furnishing even worse than carabelle?! woh can't imagine it. i was already quite surprised at carabelle's kitchen and toilet (not pleasant surprise ).

At lease at carabelle, the wardrobes are made of wood (not solid wood). Not to mention that at carabelle and botannia, the flooring is marble, vs. regular tiles at hundred trees, not to mention the fact the AYE affects hundred trees much more than it does carabelle and botannia.

Given what we saw at hundred trees and the night market atmosphere, owners at botannia and carabelle should raise their prices to 1000 psf, if not more.

Ya have to agree... the furnishing at 百树 really cmi, I guess that developer had no choice but the suck at much money from buyers to maximize profits. Maybe spend too much money planting trees tat's why need to offset using inferior qualities and homogeneous tiles thereby able to price the development within the 8xx-9xx range. You think if they use marbles, they will give u this price? But might as well, at most TOP relay the whole floor with marble

Don't help find he excuse for CDL. How much can a hundred lousy trees cost? It is greed, pure and simple, that made them choose the worse kinds of furnishings for hundred trees. I told the agent, if I am going to pay 900plus psf for a condo, the least I expect is to have marble floor, and a real ceramic bathtub. He said, you can rip off all, and replace them with your own. My reply, it is a matter of respect. If the developer shows no respect for my money, he will not earn any. I did not buy.

carabelle has THE worst finishings i've ever seen. that dumpy kitchen and those bathrooms with that awful colouring. no lux feel for this condo at all. i didn't think condos could get any worse.

all bathtubs nowadays are made of fiberglass. even botannia and carabelle.

only old condos have porcelain - it's very expensive for MASS market condos.....

Don't help find he excuse for CDL. How much can a hundred lousy trees cost? It is greed, pure and simple, that made them choose the worse kinds of furnishings for hundred trees. I told the agent, if I am going to pay 900plus psf for a condo, the least I expect is to have marble floor, and a real ceramic bathtub. He said, you can rip off all, and replace them with your own. My reply, it is a matter of respect. If the developer shows no respect for my money, he will not earn any. I did not buy.
    Right, stupid to waste your hard earn money this way.

At lease at carabelle, the wardrobes are made of wood (not solid wood). Not to mention that at carabelle and botannia, the flooring is marble, vs. regular tiles at hundred trees, not to mention the fact the AYE affects hundred trees much more than it does carabelle and botannia.

Given what we saw at hundred trees and the night market atmosphere, owners at botannia and carabelle should raise their prices to 1000 psf, if not more.
    well I don't own any of these developments but I think that furnishings is te least of concerns. Locating is the most important. Those "designer" appliances that some development have can all be bought for 10k. What is 10k compared to the price of the apartment? But location, that cannot be changed once you buy a place. You just have to sell it and move.

Quote Originally Posted by Condorich
    3. Talk cock sing song type - they will write all them want..
    shall we name them ? hahaha

actually there is another genuine group here: who is currently sitting on a loss because of either bad luck or bad timing or bad choice or whatever reason.. for this group, it's hard to believe everything else is rising in price except his. This group is extremely cautious in any project because of the current loss he's sitting on, and will question the affordability of every project, implying unknowingly from his own situation.

but this group at least has more reasoning than the above tcss type, who has neither the experience, nor the capacity, for any pty investment.

now back to topic: 100 Tree finishing. It's not so bad lah! If you compare with Carabelle, I have to say it's personal taste. The whole scheme of Carabelle is, well, you either like it or hate it. 100 Tree is very much like Livia, standard CDL style. (btw for bathtubs, no more ceramic already. that's old tech. now it's all fiberglass. light weight and stronger. ceramic can chip u know, more dangerous.) Floor finishing is a bit disappointing though. But the biggest one for me, (and stalingrad, u r going to love this ), is the rubbish chute.

btw who said the units are either AYE or west sun facing ? in fact no units are west sun facing. the non AYE facing units have pretty good S facing. That's all the 4bds.

Quote Originally Posted by amk
    the above tcss type, who has neither the experience, nor the capacity, for any pty investment.
    This tcss type can also be very powerful.

By not buying any property, they can bet against those who did.

I was so afraid of them that I went into hiding for almost a year after Lehman Brothers, and didn't even dare to peep into this forum until I almost could not find the password for my nick ...

How come so low class? Don't the boss or relatives themselves usually buy a few units?

Or maybe they only buy the penthouses?

What about the penthouses? Are they similarly furnished?

So many people talking cock.. including the few post above.

Already said enough...

Swung by over the weekend, indeed the show flat was crowded.

Any updates on the number of units sold so far, my understanding is that all stacks have been launched already.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnTan
    Swung by over the weekend, indeed the show flat was crowded.

Any updates on the number of units sold so far, my understanding is that all stacks have been launched already.
    Checked with my agent. As of last night, sold 315 units. 3-bdr and pehthouse left with 1 each.

Checked with my agent. As of last night, sold 315 units. 3-bdr and pehthouse left with 1 each.
    So if your agent is correct then it is almost 80 %sold. Although i do not agree with the price, nevertheless in my opinion those are impressive numbers for a single weekend of sales.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnTan
    So if your agent is correct then it is almost 80 %sold. Although i do not agree with the price, nevertheless in my opinion those are impressive numbers for a single weekend of sales.
    It is going to be sold out real soon, despite the absence of an in-suite garbage chute and the sub-par quality of standard furnishings. I guess the owners of carabelle and botannia are going to laugh all the way to the bank too.

Checked out several 4-bedders at Stack 1. the one on the 5th floor is selling for 900 psf. I thought we were still in a recession. the agent kept saying "less than 1000 for a prime location." Since when has D5 being merged into D10?

Sold out soon? So fast meh (got balance not launched yet rite) ... how many units in total??

Quote Originally Posted by cheerful
    Sold out soon? So fast meh (got balance not launched yet rite) ... how many units in total??
    This development only has 396 units, cannot launch anymore.

According to jonleelk agent, 315 have been sold. that is 79.5% sold as of yesterday.