Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Airstream performance...

Talking

[QUOTE=Regulators]just admit it if you do not know the area well. You do not even knw that BH in Mar Thoma road is approx the same distance to boon keng Mrt as OSM (Go n study ur map b4 arguing wth people). BH is also the nearest condo by walking distance to Whampoa estate (just 3min) and Toa Payoh (just 10min). I bet u must still be scratchng ur head figuring out where is where, lol[/QUOT

I own a top floor unit in OL facing City-view. In time to come I will see BH and Airstream rising from the ground. From my perspective, I can see distance of Airstream /BH/St Michael regency to OSM. I cycle to this areas .. so don't have not say I don't know the area well. It is distance and proximity to public transport esp for children and women at nite and early morning that matters .. I rest my case .. not going to with you.

You are trying to save face, arent you? despite having cycled around the area, your knowledge of St michael and mar thoma still sux. Proximity to MRT from OSM and BH is 7-8 min so proximity part not a big issue here since distance would be like walking from Orchard Ion to Orchard Point. St Michael is not a vice area and there arent many foreign workers lurking around unlike in little india and kitchener rd, so i dont know what is ur concern. As for amenities, BH and OSM are minutes walking distance to amenities in Boon Keng, Bendemeer, Whampoa and even to Toa Payoh, so that is not an issue for people staying there. The fact is St Michael, however you dislike the place, is still a district number better than OL and a few kilometres nearer to the city than OL. Dont bring on the crap about St Michael not being safe for kids and women, coz i can say the same for the insignificant area that you live...

[quote=qianfugui]
    Quote Originally Posted by Regulators
    just admit it if you do not know the area well. You do not even knw that BH in Mar Thoma road is approx the same distance to boon keng Mrt as OSM (Go n study ur map b4 arguing wth people). BH is also the nearest condo by walking distance to Whampoa estate (just 3min) and Toa Payoh (just 10min). I bet u must still be scratchng ur head figuring out where is where, lol[/QUOT

I own a top floor unit in OL facing City-view. In time to come I will see BH and Airstream rising from the ground. From my perspective, I can see distance of Airstream /BH/St Michael regency to OSM. I cycle to this areas .. so don't have not say I don't know the area well. It is distance and proximity to public transport esp for children and women at nite and early morning that matters .. I rest my case .. not going to with you.

You are trying to save face, arent you? despite having cycled around the area, your knowledge of St michael and mar thoma still sux. Proximity to MRT from OSM and BH is 7-8 min so proximity part not a big issue here since distance would be like walking from Orchard Ion to Orchard Point. St Michael is not a vice area and there arent many foreign workers lurking around unlike in little india and kitchener rd, so i dont know what is ur concern. As for amenities, BH and OSM are minutes walking distance to amenities in Boon Keng, Bendemeer, Whampoa and even to Toa Payoh, so that is not an issue for people staying there. The fact is St Michael, however you dislike the place, is still a district number better than OL and a few kilometres nearer to the city than OL. Dont bring on the crap about St Michael not being safe for kids and women, coz i can say the same for the insignificant area that you live...

Quote Originally Posted by qianfugui

OMG you can walk to Toa Payoh (2 km at least) across CTE then cut thru PIE in just 10 minutes !!! and OL being separated only by the PIE (100metres) according to you is a few kilometres further to town than St Michael area. I can see you r really defending/justifying your perspective/ dimension of distance real real hard !!!.

Try calling a taxi into St Michael est at nite or early morning and the taxi driver will think twice. You have to pay extra for school bus for young children. I have seen fathers (never mothers) accompanying their sec 1 sons / daughters to the bus stop opp st Andrew Junior schools (Jln Toa Payoh/PIE) everying early morning at 6.00 am. They have walk thru St Michael est , cut across the bridge to Moonstone Lane side and from the bush areas to either of the the bus stop along Jalan Toa Payoh. For info, Moonstone side have a lot of old shop houses , rented by foreign workers. Verify the fact for yourself..

Why all these debate about distance or exact location?
    Proving expedition topology skill or what?

Each buyer has its own needs & purpose

Some like to buy quiet house to keep vtec
    Some like to exercise by walking longer to mrt
    Some like to view traffic jams strolling back from mrt

Who is to say they are stupid...

Juz a thght

you still dont know the area well enough. Moonstone and st michael is separated by a river and there are also condos in moonstone itself. if the residents in moonstone do not have any problems, why would residents in st michael and mar thoma face problems? have you read any news in the papers about crime taking place in st michael, or mar thoma area? i think you are just speaking out of some butt logic. in terms of physical distance, moonstone lane is nearer to Leicester Rd than it is to OSM or BH in St Michael Rd, which is the reason why i say go and study the map. Since your place is just walking distance from moonstone, why then did you buy OL? arent you contradicting yourself? As for toa payoh, OMG. Distance from BH to Chuang Ling Cheng Huang Temple in 184 Jalan toa Payoh is just 900m, so what i dont know what you are talking about. I do not even live in that area but i know the place so much better than an OL resident. I think you should be ashamed of urself....

OMG you can walk to Toa Payoh (2 km at least) across CTE then cut thru PIE in just 10 minutes !!! and OL being separated only by the PIE (100metres) according to you is a few kilometres further to town than St Michael area. I can see you r really defending/justifying your perspective/ dimension of distance real real hard !!!.

Try calling a taxi into St Michael est at nite or early morning and the taxi driver will think twice. You have to pay extra for school bus for young children. I have seen fathers (never mothers) accompanying their sec 1 sons / daughters to the bus stop opp st Andrew Junior schools (Jln Toa Payoh/PIE) everying early morning at 6.00 am. They have walk thru St Michael est , cut across the bridge to Moonstone Lane side and from the bush areas to either of the the bus stop along Jalan Toa Payoh. For info, Moonstone side have a lot of old shop houses , rented by foreign workers. Verify the fact for yourself..

Quote Originally Posted by scsc

Juz a thght
    I like you !

i agree with what you say, but i was just teaching some ignorant fool about his own area...

Quote Originally Posted by scsc

Juz a thght

As for toa payoh, OMG. Distance from BH to Chuang Ling Cheng Huang Temple in 184 Jalan toa Payoh is just 900m, so what i dont know what you are talking about. I do not even live in that area but i know the place so much better than an OL resident. I think you should be ashamed of urself....[/QUOTE]

So BH to the temple (Jln Toa Payoh) is 900m plus another 1 Km to Toa Payoh Hub/central where you are likely to be (not the temple), right or wrong ?. So I am right about the distance to Toa Payoh iszit ? For all that you can take only 10 minutes .. super .Super walker

Ha Ha now that you admit you don't even live in the St Michael area that 's why you have all boos boos about all the 7 - 8 minutes walking time everywhere. In your own words, how can I not know the place better than you since you don't even stay there ? To quote your own word "I think you should be ashame of yourself .."

when we were talking about proximity to toa payoh, we are talking about the closest proximity from BH to toa payoh (that is when the person first step foot into toa payoh). From BH to the nearest point in toa payoh is less than 900m, you are just trying to save face by using a further part of toa payoh to justify ur argument... BH and OSM is estimated 800m to Boon Keng MRT and averaging at 1min per 100m walking speed, it would take 7-8min and most can definitely walk faster than that. Unless you go around on a walking stick, then maybe making 100m in 1 min might be a big problem for you. at least i base my arguments on facts and sound logic not some butt logic of urs...

I dont live in your area but know the area better than you so shame shame...

by the way you have not answered me about how a person can get to whampoa from mar thoma in the shortest possible way. You have not scored your first point yet.....

As for toa payoh, OMG. Distance from BH to Chuang Ling Cheng Huang Temple in 184 Jalan toa Payoh is just 900m, so what i dont know what you are talking about. I do not even live in that area but i know the place so much better than an OL resident. I think you should be ashamed of urself....
    So BH to the temple (Jln Toa Payoh) is 900m plus another 1 Km to Toa Payoh Hub/central where you are likely to be (not the temple), right or wrong ?. So I am right about the distance to Toa Payoh iszit ? For all that you can take only 10 minutes .. super .Super walker

Ha Ha now that you admit you don't even live in the St Michael area that 's why you have all boos boos about all the 7 - 8 minutes walking time everywhere. In your own words, how can I not know the place better than you since you don't even stay there ? To quote your own word "I think you should be ashame of yourself .." [/quote]

when we were talking about proximity to toa payoh, we are talking about the closest proximity from BH to toa payoh (that is when the person first step foot into toa payoh). From BH to the nearest point in toa payoh is less than 900m, you are just trying to save face by using a further part of toa payoh to justify ur argument... BH and OSM is estimated 800m to Boon Keng MRT and averaging at 1min per 100m walking speed, it would take 7-8min and most can definitely walk faster than that. Unless you go around on a walking stick, then maybe making 100m in 1 min might be a big problem for you. at least i base my arguments on facts and sound logic not some butt logic of urs...

I dont live in your area but know the area better than you so shame shame...

by the way you have not answered me about how a person can get to whampoa from mar thoma in the shortest possible way. You have not scored your first point yet.....

As for toa payoh, OMG. Distance from BH to Chuang Ling Cheng Huang Temple in 184 Jalan toa Payoh is just 900m, so what i dont know what you are talking about. I do not even live in that area but i know the place so much better than an OL resident. I think you should be ashamed of urself....

Oh yah...maybe you would like to explain to the fellow forumers why you would want to buy OL when it is so near to Moonstone, a place where you despise bacause of the foreign workers that may pose danger to your family? Shouldnt an area further from Moonstone compared to Leicester Rd (i.e. OSM or BH) be better for your to house ur family? LOLOLOL

peace peace ..

you said ur point he said his point. no matter what, u and him not going to live there. both of you arent going to relocate even if one is convinced by each other.

i'm going to live there. good or no good let's leave it to the individuals and let the market decides.

You have lost ground on your all arguments - The temple is 900m at Jalan Toa Payoh (that is consider Kim Keat area not Toa Payoh proximity). When people talk abt Toa payoh, it is abt the Toa Payoh HUB/Central area.).

There's no need for me to save face here ? over what ? Ha Ha you are the one defending your lost arguments and losing - you should stop and "save your own face" actually. This is my last response to you on this matter .

kinda fun digging a hole for an OL resident to bury his head in it...

Quote Originally Posted by XB
    peace peace ..

you said ur point he said his point. no matter what, u and him not going to live there. both of you arent going to relocate even if one is convinced by each other.

i'm going to live there. good or no good let's leave it to the individuals and let the market decides.

You are making yourself look more like an ignaramus and boo boo. Jalan Toa Payoh is part of Toa Payoh estate, go and study the URA Masterplan and stop embarrassing urself further. There is not such thing as Kim Keat estate in the URA masterplan. Beside toa Payoh estate is Hougang estate so Shuang Ling Temple can only belong to either, obviously it is toa payoh estate.

You have lost ground on your all arguments - The temple is 900m at Jalan Toa Payoh (that is consider Kim Keat area not Toa Payoh proximity). When people talk abt Toa payoh, it is abt the Toa Payoh HUB/Central area.).

There's no need for me to save face here ? over what ? Ha Ha you are the one defending your lost arguments and losing - you should stop and "save your own face" actually. This is my last response to you on this matter .

teddybear is offline Global recession is coming....

I view these as healthy arguments as people can debate pros and cons. I understand CDL has accumulated significant land in Belestier (some distance from these St Michael). Are they going to push up the prices in this area?

Quote Originally Posted by XB
    peace peace ..

there is a piece of land next to bendemeer primary school. wonder if there will be any development there. can condos be built soooo close to a school?

Quote Originally Posted by teddybear
    I view these as healthy arguments as people can debate pros and cons. I understand CDL has accumulated significant land in Belestier (some distance from these St Michael). Are they going to push up the prices in this area?

no matter how, D12 or D13, both locations are good as compare to OCR areas. FH of course great, but LH that is next to mrt is equally great. Furthermore, where to find FH that is next to mrt. Demand is always there (for LH next to mrt).

no matter how, D12 or D13, both locations are good as compare to OCR areas. FH of course great, but LH that is next to mrt is equally great. Furthermore, where to find FH that is next to mrt. Demand is always there (for LH next to mrt).

Quote Originally Posted by wkang1970
    Some interesting exchanges here. Juz remind me four years back, my hubby and I did look at Callista, Rio Garden and even Moonstone Residences. Somehow for some reason we did'nt buy. Eventually when One Leicester was soft launched in April/May 2006 during election time, my hubby put a cheque for a 3-bedder without even telling me. I guess he is great supporter of Potong Pasir Chiam S T then. Today, I am glad he made a great buy for a
    FH Condo juz 2 minutes walk from MRT station.

teddybear is offline Global recession is coming....

There are FH private properties next to MRT, but very few of these available, particularly those with reasonable facilities (vs those apartments). Some like in Orchard are very expensive. The next available I know of is around Newton & Novena MRT stations (District 11).

Quote Originally Posted by wkang1970

Quote Originally Posted by matadorepy
    Some interesting exchanges here. Juz remind me four years back, my hubby and I did look at Callista, Rio Garden and even Moonstone Residences. Somehow for some reason we did'nt buy. Eventually when One Leicester was soft launched in April/May 2006 during election time, my hubby put a cheque for a 3-bedder without even telling me. I guess he is great supporter of Potong Pasir Chiam S T then. Today, I am glad he made a great buy for a
    FH Condo juz 2 minutes walk from MRT station.
    Hi nice to hear from a fellow OLers , can share share your thots why you did' n buy any of the 3?

Hi nice to hear from a fellow OLers , can share share your thots why you did' n buy any of the 3?
    Hi did'nt see your message earlier. Anyway, congratulation to you also. Your stack has great view of S'pore Flyer, Marina Bay Sands IR , Sails . must have fantastic view of fireworks last nite !!

Yeah, 2006 was less frenzy period to think and buy rationally, not to get excited and carried away as there was less launches then. We want city-fringe living ideally in a FH full condo facility, ideally close to MRT or with easy accessibility to public transport.

Actually Moonstone Residences was the closest to us buying as it is nearer main road and just across PIE to Potong Pasir MRT Stn. But it is still an apartment status with less 100 unit with small pool. The Callista by Keppel land is way too far in Mar Thomas rd. Rio Garden is half-way of St michael rd. You don't drive or be able to use a car all the time. With two young daughters, I can't imagine them them walking from Boon Keng Stn or Potong Pasir stn after a night shopping in town or back from secondary school or their JC.

Even with the so-called short-cut routes, it is easily more than 20 mins fast walking through either st George est or Moonstone lane side to St Michael area - maneuvering through few HDB carparks, void decks, children playgrounds not forgetting cutting across two bridges across either the Kallang or Whampoa canals on the way. In a typical HDB heartland, it is definitely easier to move a wheel-chair based person compared to this mixture terrains of old private estate and HDB.

We also thought of about our purpose then - buying to stay and for future rental. I guess we were lucky. My hubby must have known about the possible freehold launches just across the Leicester rd community areas.

Latest news! 3 new launches coming at St Michaels...

The Wish - $800psf for HDB upgraders mainly. Ceramic flooring and no bay windows. Reliable and spacious units.

Estima Residences - $1,300psf for the well heeled family man. Units come with marble flooring and leather sofa. Maintenance quite expensive at $400 per month.

Odyssey@St Michaels - $1,400psf for the family that demands classy finishes and a quiet atmosphere. Warning: Units have low ceiling.

Quote Originally Posted by ulrich76
    Latest news! 3 new launches coming at St Michaels...

The Wish - $800psf for HDB upgraders mainly. Ceramic flooring and no bay windows. Reliable and spacious units.

Estima Residences - $1,300psf for the well heeled family man. Units come with marble flooring and leather sofa. Maintenance quite expensive at $400 per month.

Odyssey@St Michaels - $1,400psf for the family that demands classy finishes and a quiet atmosphere. Warning: Units have low ceiling.
    wah toyota, ford and honda all come out liao ~

haa haa ....

Quote Originally Posted by august
    wah toyota, ford and honda all come out liao ~
    Aiyo! I dun understand... is it really so difficult to get a proper name for a condo? The names are getting ridiculous!

Quote Originally Posted by 5577
    Aiyo! I dun understand... is it really so difficult to get a proper name for a condo? The names are getting ridiculous!
    not until u hear B.M.W.

Quote Originally Posted by Douk
    not until u hear B.M.W.
    Merc @ Mt Sophia
    Lexus @ Holland hills