Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Thread: One North Residences (D5, 99 years, Kheng Leong/UOL/Low Kheng Huat)

Observer. Guest

Default Re: Singapore Confirms 2008 Night Race

Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered
    Don't you know by the time of launching of many projects, 25% of the units were already reserved. Don't complaining "life is not fair" all the times and start working harder. One day, you may be good enough to be invited to have the first pick in property and stocks.

I boughts 2 units during the Director launch leh.
    That is 2007 - not 2006.
    Don't smoke please!

Unregistered Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Observer.
    I boughts 2 units during the Director launch leh.
    That is 2007 - not 2006.
    Don't smoke please!
    Yes, I know what Director Launch is.
    Do you think this is what I am talking about.
    Work harder and someday you may understand what I am talking about. Director and soft launch or whatever fancy name they come up with, as long there is this word "launch" in it, these sales activities is more or less for the masses and don't fool yourself that you are given any special treatment. You have some way to go.

Registered Guest

Yes, I know what Director Launch is.
    Do you think this is what I am talking about.
    Work harder and someday you may understand what I am talking about. Director and soft launch or whatever fancy name they come up with, as long there is this word "launch" in it, these sales activities is more or less for the masses and don't fool yourself that you are given any special treatment. You have some way to go.
    Quote Originally Posted by Adobe PDF
    1. Mr Gwee Lian Kheng (President & CEO, Director of UOL) and Low Rowee (spouse):
    - #12-02 (148 sq m), S$1,415,904 (nett of discount)
    - #12-23 (123 sq m), S$1,167,964 (nett of discount)

2. Ms Wee Wei Ling
    (Daughter of Wee Cho Yaw (Chairman & controlling
    shareholder of UOL) and sister of Wee Ee Chao
    and Wee Ee Lim (Directors of UOL) and Wee Ee
    Cheong (controlling shareholder of UOL).)
    - #13-17 (96 sq m), S$861,420 (nett of discount)
    - #06-02 (148 sq m), S$1,333,584 (nett of discount)

3. Ms Wee Wei Chi
    (Daughter of Wee Cho Yaw and sister of Wee Ee
    Chao, Wee Ee Lim and Wee Ee Cheong.)
    - #11-23 (123 sq m), S$1,159,144 (nett of discount)

Mr Eu Yee Tat David (Spouse of Ms Wee Wei Chi)
    (Son-in-law of Wee Cho Yaw and brother-in-law of
    Wee Ee Chao, Wee Ee Lim and Wee Ee Cheong.)
    - #06-32 (133 sq m), S$1,267,140 (nett of discount)

4. Mr Gwee Lian Chok & Ms Shyong Yew Ming
    (Brother and sister-in-law of Gwee Lian Kheng (President & CEO, Director of UOL).)
    - #06-16 (103 sq m), S$941,191 (nett of discount)

A 2% discount is offered to Purchasers listed in 1 to 3 above pursuant to the preferential discount scheme of Vista subject to the terms therein. No discount was given to Purchaser No. 4.

Stop smoking here.
    These folks also bought theirs in 2007 - not 2006.

If you did not buy any One-North Residences, just keep you mouth shut and get lost! This is the One-North Residences thread - not your talk-cock thread!

Unregistered Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Registered
    Stop smoking here.
    These folks also bought theirs in 2007 - not 2006.

If you did not buy any One-North Residences, just keep you mouth shut and get lost! This is the One-North Residences thread - not your talk-cock thread!
    I guess most flippers were buying one north because everyone is telling them one rochester is going to launch at much higher price and one north is sure win "get-rich-quick" proposal. Good luck to you if you are one of those flippers.

From investment point of view, I just don't see any investment sense to spend over one million for a 2BR even without bath tub in that location. Mark my words: The rental yield is going to be less than 3% (assuming you bought at 1000 psf) at 2010 in that location. It is a stinky investment. Even a high qualty bond will be doing better than this sort of yield anytime anywhere.

Registered Guest

I guess most flippers were buying one north because everyone is telling them one rochester is going to launch at much higher price and one north is sure win "get-rich-quick" proposal. Good luck to you if you are one of those flippers.

From investment point of view, I just don't see any investment sense to spend over one million for a 2BR even without bath tub in that location. Mark my words: The rental yield is going to be less than 3% (assuming you bought at 1000 psf) at 2010 in that location. It is a stinky investment. Even a high qualty bond will be doing better than this sort of yield anytime anywhere.

Luckily all the folks know your words cannot be trusted.

Unregistered Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Registered
    Luckily all the folks know your words cannot be trusted.
    He sounds like a pro in investing.
    Don't worry,
    If you are not so sure whether you made a right decision, just sell it off ASAP and I am sure you stand a good chance to lose only a few percents
    What is few percents of a million anyway

Wee Wei Ling Guest

He sounds like a pro in investing.
    Don't worry,
    If you are not so sure whether you made a right decision, just sell it off ASAP and I am sure you stand a good chance to lose only a few percents
    What is few percents of a million anyway

Stop your nonsense.
    Shut up!

Unregistered Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Wee Wei Ling
    Stop your nonsense.
    Shut up!
    You are losing it,
    You must be really worrying?

Wee Wei Ling Guest

You are losing it,
    You must be really worrying?

Losing? Me never! You ever!
    My brother who has just become the bank CEO will help me.

Unregistered Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Wee Wei Ling
    Losing? Me never! You ever!
    My brother who has just become the bank CEO will help me.
    The phrase, "you are losing it" usually
    means "you are losing your cool"
    It got nothing to do with money
    No offense, just want to help

Registered Guest

The phrase, "you are losing it" usually
    means "you are losing your cool"
    It got nothing to do with money
    No offense, just want to help

Friend, you have a problem with her? Go beat her up or kidnap her lah.
    Don't waste our thread here for your personal argument with her.
    This thread is meant for discussion on One-North Residences condo.

P.S.: Kidnap her and you will be rich. No need to spend any more time on the forum or doing investment.

Observer. Guest

Default RE: Cheer Up And Enjoy The Boom

Quote Originally Posted by Sanjeev Sanyal, IPS & DB
    All the hand-wringing about asset/property price surges may be a little unwarranted. Having had a depressed market for 10 years, everyone should just cheer up and enjoy the boom.

- 21 May 2007

Up a little bit only, cry father cry mother.
    Market have only just started to move, no need to get so excited.

Cheer up!
    Properties in one-north will continue to "recover" or move up from the 10-year depression.

St. Guest

Default Re: One North Residences (D5, 99 years, Kheng Leong/UOL/Low Kheng Huat)

It started from $780psf at pre-pre-launch for VVVIP and had gone up some 20% (to $950psf) in less than a week (even before public launch). I think the flippers are too daring and just too many. One must be a fool to buy now from these flippers. Well, wish the flippers wait long long...

Investor. Guest

Quote Originally Posted by St.
    It started from $780psf at pre-pre-launch for VVVIP and had gone up some 20% (to $950psf) in less than a week (even before public launch). I think the flippers are too daring and just too many. One must be a fool to buy now from these flippers. Well, wish the flippers wait long long...

They are not daring. They learnt their lesson since 2005.
    In 2005: "It's foolish to buy at these prices."
    In 2006: "It's foolish to buy at these prices."
    In 2007: They do not want to say "It's foolish!" again.
    Cos if they do, they will be foolish when they look back in 2008, 2009, ....

St. Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Investor.
    They are not daring. They learnt their lesson since 2005.
    In 2005: "It's foolish to buy at these prices."
    In 2006: "It's foolish to buy at these prices."
    In 2007: They do not want to say "It's foolish!" again.
    Cos if they do, they will be foolish when they look back in 2008, 2009, ....
    I can't disagree with you in principle. But the question is that what are 'these prices'. If $780 is that price, is $950 after just several days of soft-launch still that price? The developers raised price everyday so leave little room for future appreciation to the buyers, I question the wisdom of speculating at these prices. The slow or no subsale so far proves it...

pte banker Guest

Smile Re: One North Residences (D5, 99 years, Kheng Leong/UOL/Low Kheng Huat)

as long as there are sceptics the market can still go up. when everybody is bullish and thinks this is the new era for singapore property then it is the top. hence judging from some people's reactions to current prices, the market is still bullish.

Unregistered Guest

Quote Originally Posted by pte banker
    as long as there are sceptics the market can still go up. when everybody is bullish and thinks this is the new era for singapore property then it is the top. hence judging from some people's reactions to current prices, the market is still bullish.
    I just sold my last investment property today. I hope price can go up somemore and glad to see everyone make some including the purchaser of my property today. In fact, if price can go up 20% or more from here in next few months, I don't mind to sell off my last property and rent one instead. I have a feeling that there will be sharp correction ahead and am looking forward to fire sale in property and stocks in the coming days

Curious Guest

I just sold my last investment property today. I hope price can go up somemore and glad to see everyone make some including the purchaser of my property today. In fact, if price can go up 20% or more from here in next few months, I don't mind to sell off my last property and rent one instead. I have a feeling that there will be sharp correction ahead and am looking forward to fire sale in property and stocks in the coming days

Which district is your sale in?
    What is the percentage gain over purchase price?

Unregistered Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Curious
    Which district is your sale in?
    What is the percentage gain over purchase price?
    district 5,
    gain 25%, but the property was purchased in 2003.

one-north Guest

Time for this District-5 and one-north-centric project to fly in July.
    The Rochester is going to lift One-North Residences to a new high.

fly from the crazy sky-high launch price ($1000 psf)? wait long long...

Happy Man Guest

Default Re: One-North Residences (D5, 99 years, Kheng Leong/UOL/Low Kheng Huat)

fly from the crazy sky-high launch price ($1000 psf)? wait long long...
    No need to wait lah.
    Just sold mine and made a small profit of $200k.

If wait a bit longer, it will be $300k.
    Yes!

Quote Originally Posted by Happy Man
    No need to wait lah.
    Just sold mine and made a small profit of $200k.

If wait a bit longer, it will be $300k.
    Yes!
    If your 200k profit is based on the initial psf of $78x, then it's not news b's the psf had already gone up to around $1000 at the end of soft-launch. We all knew the insiders had gotten a handsome profit, you just cash in. But I think the buyer of your unit (if he flips) will have to wait long long...

Happy Man Guest

If your 200k profit is based on the initial psf of $78x, then it's not news b's the psf had already gone up to around $1000 at the end of soft-launch. We all knew the insiders had gotten a handsome profit, you just cash in. But I think the buyer of your unit (if he flips) will have to wait long long...

Why so negative?
    Keep saying 'high', 'high', 'high' everyday!
    Say 'hi' lah.
    Still can go up some more.

Just buy and make money mah.
    Talking can't make money one.

Onepolis Guest

In URA website, there is a 1,615sqft 4-bedroom done at $1,115psf in May. Which unit is this?

Also, there is a 3,089sqft penthouse done at $1,100psf in June. Which unit is this?

The Straits Times Guest

Default Private Housing Prices 'May Pass 1996 Levels'

The Straits Times
    6 July 2007

The booming property market will drive prices for private housing above the 1996 peak by the middle of next year, according to an HSBC economist.

Senior Asian economist, Robert Prior-Wandesforde, said on Friday, "The real estate market has probably further to run. We may be in some of the earliest stages of a bubble, but there is more for prices to go."

"The private residential market is nowhere near that of mid-1996, so there is still room (for prices) to appreciate further even if we're in the early stages of a bubble."

Mr Prior-Wandesforde believes that property prices will go higher partly because the ratio of home prices to income is only half that of 1996.

Wage growth is also running at multi-year highs and interest rates are low.

He also cited the speculative activity that is boosting prices.

And while prices in strict number terms may pass 1996 levels soon, once factors including wage levels are accounted for, the real catch-up will be some way off.

Registered Guest

Default Re: Private Housing Prices 'May Pass 1996 Levels'

Quote Originally Posted by The Straits Times
    The Straits Times
    6 July 2007

The booming property market will drive prices for private housing above the 1996 peak by the middle of next year, according to an HSBC economist.

And while prices in strict number terms may pass 1996 levels soon, once factors including wage levels are accounted for, the real catch-up will be some way off.

Still have at least 30% more upside.
    Good!

Unregistered Guest

Quote Originally Posted by The Straits Times
    The Straits Times
    6 July 2007

Senior Asian economist, Robert Prior-Wandesforde, said on Friday, "The real estate market has probably further to run. We may be in some of the earliest stages of a bubble, but there is more for prices to go."

"The private residential market is nowhere near that of mid-1996, so there is still room (for prices) to appreciate further even if we're in the early stages of a bubble."

Mr Prior-Wandesforde believes that property prices will go higher partly because the ratio of home prices to income is only half that of 1996.

Wage growth is also running at multi-year highs and interest rates are low.

He also cited the speculative activity that is boosting prices.

The transactions in the last 6-8 weeks have reached 1996 level already in most areas. The numbers from URA are way behind the reality and evryone knows it.

HSBC Economist Guest

The transactions in the last 6-8 weeks have reached 1996 level already in most areas. The numbers from URA are way behind the reality and evryone knows it.

District 5 has yet to reach its 1996 level.

Anthony Liew Guest

One-North Residences

980 sqft
    ASKING FOR $1.35 (NEG)
    SERIOUS SELLER