Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: One North Residences (D5, 99 years, Kheng Leong/UOL/Low Kheng Huat)

One-North Residences Guest

Default Residential Market In Initial Stage Of Upswing: Citigroup

Quote Originally Posted by Informer
    Joyce Teo
    24 April 2007

Despite benchmark prices at recent property launches, the upswing in Singapore home prices is only just beginning, according to an analyst at banking giant Citigroup.

Yesterday, Ms Wendy Koh told reporters that the residential market is still in an 'early phase' of a cyclical upswing.

The property market recovery starting this year is across the board, she said.

Prior to a pickup in the mid-market segment in the second half of last year, the upturn was clearly visible only in the luxury home sector.

According to Ms Koh, demand continues to outweigh supply and occupancy rates are likely to reach new highs.

Taking into account recent collective sales, real occupancy is already at a record high of 95.7% versus the reported 93.9%, and it will rise further, she said.

That means home prices are expected to keep rising this year and next, she said. The luxury home market will continue to rise by another 10% to 15% this year.

The mid-market segment may go up by 10 to 20%, the mass market by 10% and the Housing Board (HDB) market by 5 to 10%, she said.

The HDB market is helped by the lessening supply of unsold but completed HDB flats, she said. There are now 4,000 such flats, dramatically down from 25,000 units a few years ago.

Ms Koh also said the office market will be strong, with prime Grade A rentals rising from $11.80 psf to $14.50 psf by the end of the year and to $18.50 psf by the end of next year.

She was speaking yesterday at a media conference held alongside the Citigroup Asia Pacific Property Conference, which was closed to the media.

Trade and Industry Minister Lim Hng Kiang made the opening speech, distributed to the media.

He said: 'Singapore can play an important role as a gateway for global investors to access Asian opportunities via our capital markets.'

A property derivatives market is a potentially exciting area for innovation, he added. If such a market were developed, Singapore would need 'transparent, reliable and well-followed' direct property indexes.

Industry players are currently studying the construction of such indexes, he said. These indexes would enhance information on Singapore's property market and provide benchmarks for structuring property derivatives and other innovative products.

Derivatives are instruments taking their value from another underlying asset, such as a stock or even a stock index.

Generally positive sentiment suggests that this year and the years ahead will be exciting for Asia and its property sector, Mr Lim concluded.

'I am certain that with judicious planning and sound execution, the sector will see strong growth, sustained by liquidity from the capital markets,' he said.

Wow!
    We are only in the early phase?
    Market is going to "cheong" now.
    What a cool 30% price increase by 2008!

Unregistered Guest

Default Re: Residential Market In Initial Stage Of Upswing: Citigroup

Quote Originally Posted by One-North Residences
    Wow!
    Be careful,
    for those 10 yr old property, 30% upside is possible, for the new launch, be aware that developer has already taken your share of 30-50% upside, how much upside left for you, you figure and good luck

Registered Guest

Quote Originally Posted by One-North Residences
    Wow!

What we need is 15% per year for the next 5-7 years!
    In other words, a 75-105% ROI for this boom cycle.
    This is going to be good!

Unregistered Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Registered
    What we need is 15% per year for the next 5-7 years!
    In other words, a 75-105% ROI for this boom cycle.
    This is going to be good!
    I bought heavily into property and contruction counters since end of 2005 and had passed my 100% ROI by comfortable margins in majority of counters that I bought a few months ago.

However, I would not use my profit to invest in new launch fancy project by big time developer at this momment even though it is possible that you can get 75-100% ROI in 5-7 yrs, but so as many other types of investment

Biopolis Guest

Default One-North Residences

Quote Originally Posted by 早报财经
    林婉诗
    2007-04-24

外来人才纷纷落户新加坡,带动本地私人公寓的租赁需求和租金水平。今年第一季,黄金地区私人公寓租金的涨势,已逐渐蔓延到市区外的私人公寓,及一部分地点优越的政府组屋。

房地产顾问公司第一太平戴维斯(Savills)提供给本报的资料显示,第9、10及11邮区的私人公寓平均租金在今年第一季达每平方英尺2.95元,已超越2000年的高峰水平;其中,高档私人公寓每月租金已上升到每平方英尺5.12元。

资料显示,西部地区(5、21及23邮区)的公寓租金,季对季平均涨幅达10%左右;东北地区(19邮区)的私人公寓则呈现大约9%季对季涨幅。经过这轮上涨,西部和东北地区的两、三睡房式公寓租金将达到一个月2000元到3000元左右。

地点好组屋 租金也升20-40%

与此同时,由于私人公寓租金不断上涨,一些租户也把注意力转向政府组屋单位。第一太平戴维斯的资料显示,地点讨好的政府组屋租金同比上升了20%到40%左右。

由于租金上涨,有报道指出,部分雇主因此调高了在本地工作外籍人士的住宿津贴,调高幅度介于20%到30%。

目前,一个位于9、10或11邮区的一睡房式公寓,月租至少2500元到3500元;四睡房式公寓月租介于1万元到1万2000元。这个地区的有地住宅月租达至少9000元到1万3000元。

第一太平戴维斯说,在新加坡中部地区公寓租金不断上扬的情况下,加上这些地区的公寓供应量基于集体出售活动热潮而渐渐减少,因此东部、东北部及西部的私人公寓租赁交易状况有稳健增加的趋势。

西部的某些新公寓如The Jade、The Linear及The Warren越来越受到外籍人士的青睐,尤其是在国际商业园、 裕廊工业区及启奥生物医药园(Biopolis)工作的外籍人士。

喜欢住得靠近中央商业区及及地铁站的人士,则看好位于中峇鲁及女皇镇一带的公寓;例如,中峇鲁的City Regency及女皇镇的Queens由于交通便利,便吸引了许多潜在租户的租赁询问。

西部地区的公寓得到强劲需求,部分也因为本地的外国学生人数也增多了。去年本地有大约8万个外国学生,比前年增加11.6%左右。由于本地国际学生人数在2015年预料可增加到15万人,外国学生仍会对私人公寓租赁市场持续带来推动力。

由于接下来的需求仍然会是强劲的,第一太平戴维斯预料,本地住宅租金市场接下来仍会呈现良好的表现。随着新加坡朝金融枢纽的方向发展,不少外国金融公司纷纷到新加坡扩充业务。因此,来自外国的金融业专业人士人数预料将增多。

去年,在本地工作的外国人有75万6300人,同比增加了12.6%。这个数字可能会继续增加,因为接下来五年内,新加坡将制造出的45万个新工作,有一半预料将由外国人填满。

配合这个趋势,新加坡接下来五年预料会添加20万个永久居民及4万个公民,这会带动本地住宅市场的需求。
    Wow! Biopolis is hot!
    One-North Residences is sitting in a pot of gold.

Unregistered Guest

Default Re: One-North Residences

Quote Originally Posted by Biopolis
    Wow! Biopolis is hot!
    One-North Residences is sitting in a pot of gold.
    Good luck to you,
    When one rochester launch, who know, you may be able to make some more paper gains.
    Let us know after you take profit, we are all here to celebrate with you

Biopolis Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered
    Good luck to you,
    When one rochester launch, who know, you may be able to make some more paper gains.
    Let us know after you take profit, we are all here to celebrate with you

Thanks!
    Was told One Rochester launch will be in early next month.
    Already have some paper profit. Hopefully can be more with the launch.

Adviser Guest

Default RE: Huge Jump In Homes Sold For Above S$5M

Quote Originally Posted by Joyce Teo (Ms)
    Joyce Teo
    The Straits Time
    25 April 2007

The number of home buyers paying more than S$5 million for a residential property in Singapore is skyrocketing, a new report has found.

Property consultancy Savills Singapore said last year, 503 sales were done for homes costing more than S$5 million - an "astounding" 229.9% jump over 2005. About 60% of these high-end homes were bought by Singaporeans.

And already in the first quarter of this year, the 157 deals made have surpassed the 153 total for all of 2005. Foreigners accounted for a growing proportion - 55% - of the buyers. In 2005, Singaporeans accounted for about 85% of these deals.

The jump in buyers paying big prices corresponds, not surprisely, with a surge in the prices of high-end homes, particularly in the past 2 years.

In the first quarter of this year, the average price of super luxury homes has shot up to S$2,747 psf, from less than S$2,400 psf in the fourth quarter.

However, luxury homes in Singapore are still considered a bargain compared with other major gateway cities around the world, said Savills.

In London, the world's most expensive city in the high-end market, the average price of high-end homes hovers around S$8,900 psf, it said.

In New York, such homes cost about S$4,500 psf on average. And apartments in Roppongi Hills in Tokyo cost about S$3,400 psf on average.

Better grab some cheap sub-sale before One Rochester launch.
    One Rochester price will be above $1,200 psf.
    There are many One-North Residences sub-sales below $1,100 psf.

Unregistered Guest

Default Re: Huge Jump In Homes Sold For Above S$5M

Quote Originally Posted by Adviser
    Better grab some cheap sub-sale before One Rochester launch.
    One Rochester price will be above $1,200 psf.
    There are many One-North Residences sub-sales below $1,100 psf.
    Where is the "beef"?

I doubt anyone will be that stupid to get the baby from flipper at this point in time. Agree?

Big Whale Guest

Default RE: One-North Residences

Quote Originally Posted by mr funny
    Home Prices Seen Rising Further This Year
    Building, financial services sectors to benefit as well
    Uma Shankari
    25 April 2007

The Monetary Authority of Singapore (MAS) yesterday said home prices are expected to continue to grow this year - after climbing 4.6% in the first quarter, the highest growth seen in seven years.

The gain, which has so far been greatest for the luxury market, could also filter down to other mid to high-end segments which could benefit from the steady stream of buyers who have sold their houses in en bloc sales, Singapore's central bank said in its latest Macroeconomic Review.

MAS expects the property upturn to spill over to the construction and financial services sectors.

'Contracts awarded have trended up steadily from 2003 to reach $16.1 billion last year, a level not seen since 2000. This is expected to translate into higher certified payments and value added for the sector in the near term,' says MAS. 'Indeed, the recovery of the construction sector continued in early 2007, underpinned by ongoing work in the residential segment.'

A number of ongoing major projects including the Marina Bay Financial and Business Centre, the integrated resorts and the downtown MRT extension, are also expected to further fuel the recovery in the construction sector.

The recent spike in raw material costs caused by disruptions to the supply of sand has not resulted in delays in building projects, MAS says. But the bank warns that in the future, new developments could be slowed or delayed if sand and concrete become more difficult to obtain.

The large number of upcoming new commercial developments should also see more credit being extended to the building and construction industry, MAS says. This is expected to benefit the financial services sector.

And on the consumer loans front, while mortgage loan growth has remained tepid in recent quarters, some upside could be seen in the months ahead as the residential property uptick at the luxury end begins to spread to the broader market.

MAS also says that the recent upswing in property prices will have only a small impact on inflation this year. This is mainly because substantial price increases in the near term should be largely confined to the upper and middle segments of the private residential market, MAS predicts.

'On balance, the impact of rising property prices on consumer price index (CPI) inflation is likely to be modest, with the direct impact contributing only 0.1% point in 2007, compared with the average of negative 0.2% points over the past three years,' says MAS.

Buy buy buy!

Buy at $1,050 psf then sell off at $1,350 later when One Rochester reach $1,400 psf or even higher if you want to hold a bit longer.

UBS says up. Citigroup says up.
    MAS says up. MM also says ......

The more you wait, the smaller the beef.

Onepolis Guest

Be careful,
    for those 10 yr old property, 30% upside is possible, for the new launch, be aware that developer has already taken your share of 30-50% upside, how much upside left for you, you figure and good luck

The more you wait, the smaller the profit.
    Do it now and laugh 1 year later.

richard mcbeef Guest

Default Re: One North Residences (D5, 99 years, Kheng Leong/UOL/Low Kheng Huat)

Hello how are you.

i'm the beef.

property prices will not start going down until 2010. cos that's when the elections will be held.

The Party Animal Guest

Quote Originally Posted by richard mcbeef
    Hello how are you.

i'm the beef.

property prices will not start going down until 2010. cos that's when the elections will be held.

While it is true that we are in the process of enhancing your asset. Please do not tie property prices to election. Property prices are determined by market forces. We are doing our best to have minimum interference on the market and have nothing to do with property prices.

Unregistered Guest

Quote Originally Posted by richard mcbeef
    Hello how are you.

i'm the beef.

Hi Mr. Beef

Developer has already decided to launch One Rochester 100% higher that they first intended

So Citicorp is only talking about price is going up by 30% from here to 2010. So, where is the beef?

Unregistered Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Big Whale
    Buy buy buy!

Buy at $1,050 psf then sell off at $1,350 later when One Rochester reach $1,400 psf or even higher if you want to hold a bit longer.

UBS says up. Citigroup says up.
    MAS says up. MM also says ......

The more you wait, the smaller the beef.
    I can see many flippers are getting nervous and start to panic

Clapper Guest

I can see many flippers are getting nervous and start to panic

Sitting on $200 psf profit needs to panic meh?

Showroom Hopper Guest

Default Re: One-North Residences (D5, 99 years, Kheng Leong/UOL/Low Kheng Huat)

Quote Originally Posted by one-north
    One-North Residences Retail Shops up for sale now!

Size: 291 - 1,841 sqft
    Price: $1,700 - $1,841 psf

More like $1,900 psf leh.

Unregistered Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Clapper
    Sitting on $200 psf profit needs to panic meh?
    Real Investors only talk about gains when a deal is done and the money is in the bank. Remember, even someone said he/she is willing offer X dollars for your unit, it doesn't count until the money is in your hand because he/she can change mind.

Clapper Guest

Real Investors only talk about gains when a deal is done and the money is in the bank. Remember, even someone said he/she is willing offer X dollars for your unit, it doesn't count until the money is in your hand because he/she can change mind.

Does that mean that I should panic?

Unregistered Guest

No it means you should sit back relax and forget about it until at least One Rochester is launched.

Unregistered Guest

You should take profit and tell us you have the money in the bank, but not everyone tell us you are sitting on paper gains. Paper gain is not real!

Clapper Guest

You should take profit and tell us you have the money in the bank, but not everyone tell us you are sitting on paper gains. Paper gain is not real!

But should I panic?

But should I panic?

Do you need me to ask again?
    I can ask again!

Happy Feet Guest

But should I panic?

But should I panic?

Do you need me to ask again?
    I can ask again!

Hello!
    No need to engage in a argument here.
    Market is going up. Everybody is making money.
    Everybody is happy!

Curious Guest

So is One-North Residences subsale prices going up now that One Rochester is launching?

Williams BMW Guest

Default Singapore Confirms 2008 Night Race

Be careful,

Be careful of what?
    No upside left? My foot!

Pending IRs and F1 decision, you say it's dangerous.
    IRs confirmed but F1 pending, you again say it's dangerous.
    Now IRs and F1 both confirmed, you still say it's dangerous!
    When will it be safe?
    When IRs are built and F1 running?
    By then it's too late lah!

You will be priced out of the market by then!
    Now is safe, then will be dangerous.

Unregistered Guest

Default Re: Singapore Confirms 2008 Night Race

Quote Originally Posted by Williams BMW
    Be careful of what?
    No upside left? My foot!

When will it be safe?

Nothing is 100% for sure. Better to be slightly conservative then overly confident.

Williams BMW Guest

Nothing is 100% for sure. Better to be slightly conservative then overly confident.

Yah but at the bottom of the cycle (or when they just announce IRs and F1), you go in and not complain high. You only complain at the later part.

Unregistered Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Williams BMW
    Be careful of what?
    No upside left? My foot!

When will it be safe?

I can't buy anymore because I spent every cents that I had on buying properties in 2004 and 2005, and I bought my last property in 2006. Hope you all still got plenty money to buy. Initially, I thought I need to wait 5-10 yrs to cash in, but I guess I should be start doing the selling soon. Life is full of surprise and it is important not to be greedy.

Observer. Guest

I can't buy anymore because I spent every cents that I had on buying properties in 2004 and 2005, and I bought my last property in 2006. Hope you all still got plenty money to buy. Initially, I thought I need to wait 5-10 yrs to cash in, but I guess I should be start doing the selling soon. Life is full of surprise and it is important not to be greedy.

You last bought in 2006 but the One-North Residences was launched in 2007. Wah! You are in the wrong thread leh!

Unregistered Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Observer.
    You last bought in 2006 but the One-North Residences was launched in 2007. Wah! You are in the wrong thread leh!
    Don't you know by the time of launching of many projects, 25% of the units were already reserved. Don't complaining "life is not fair" all the times and start working harder. One day, you may be good enough to be invited to have the first pick in property and stocks.