Thread: Spring Grove

Default Spring Grove

Have been eyeing 2 bdrm units there since early June, but prices have shot up too much...nice facilities and good location.

I am just wondering if it is still worth a buy at 1.3m for a 1012sqft 2bdrm for own stay. Any comments on this 99 yr LH project?

Quote Originally Posted by Rhu
    Have been eyeing 2 bdrm units there since early June, but prices have shot up too much...nice facilities and good location.

I am just wondering if it is still worth a buy at 1.3m for a 1012sqft 2bdrm for own stay. Any comments on this 99 yr LH project?
    Great location and facilities. One of the "cheapest" (today's mkt) along the prestige Grange Road address (slightly more than 1/2 price of the new FH in the area but facilities is better). I think it depends on affordibility and if you compare to the new project in surburb going for +-1k psf, I find it is reasonable (though about 10 plus years' old but very well maintance). It won the Construction Excellence Awards in 1999. I think it is really depend if you want to buy a house now or not. My view if it is worthed more than new project but it is not that cheap anymore compare to few months ago. Do your sum well before you commit to buy a new house (long term commitment).

A lot of ang mor friends stay there - some of the prettiest chicks in town stay there.

This is a very very nice place to stay - one of the first to retain colonial archi for clubhouse.

It was going for $8XXpsf in Feb.

Quote Originally Posted by Rhu

ya prices has gone back up close to '07 lvl

haha i was eyeing it too, but more for investment.. but current rental is sliding, yield very hard to support sellers' asking prices.. in fact this is a problem for prime area projects in general as rental continues to slide.. but guess wont be an issue for own stay ~

west facing units need to take note redevelopment on next door lucky tower sooner or later will start..

Getting for own stay. as i have just sold my unit at Tg Rhu 2 months ago. Agree that it is a very very nice place to stay or buy as investment, just that asking prices are nearing 07 peak, little potential for upside unless en-bloc in 10 yrs time.

There are still some 2 bdrm tenanted at 5K+ but expiring soon. Maybe some owners will sell instead of renting it out at 3K+ now.

Am also eyeing Aspen Heights where asking prices have reached 07 peak, but preference goes to Spring Grove. I have 2-3 more months to buy so hope the market is in for a correction!