Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Northwood

wow ur transaction is really up to date...not even on URA site yet

i actually quite like the big balcony...can put a table and chairs for some outdoor activities...another thing that I am really concern with is the use of large amount of white in the house and in the compound....if the paint used is substandard, we will see the molds and stains coming out very soon...

i dun mind getting a unit there but will only get the 1313 sqf units....

Now wait for price to soften....agent say sold one last week for 908k...wow

willing buyer willing seller...

no need to give any impression. Only time will tell in years time when alternative developments are up. EC in Yishun and MCL Land's project Beside Yishun Stadium.

Kurby, I thought that you were looking for fire sales and now you are at the other side on the camp... being very happy when prices go up... vested interest or agent?

Did i gave the impression that I am happy with the high price? No I am not happy but I just find it amusing that there are people paying 908K for an apartment here...hahaha

I am still lookin for fire sales but I guess it is too late now since already TOP and no one seems urgent to sell. Agents are not interested to even talk to us if we offer anything less than 900K???

Yesterday went open house and agent has an offer of 910K and already with that they dun even bother to ask what can we offer...seems like they are already satisfied with that price...

got a scolding from wife...the more we wait the more expensive it is!!

ok.. best of luck in your house hunting, look at seletaris and learn from it.

68 Jalan Mata Ayer #01-18
    Freehold
    $602
    $965k
    26 Oct 09
    60 Jalan Mata Ayer #05-06
    Freehold
    $517
    $1140k
    28 Sep 09
    70 Jalan Mata Ayer #03-25
    Freehold
    $632
    $830k
    07 Sep 09
    70 Jalan Mata Ayer #02-22
    Freehold
    $659
    $865k
    04 Sep 09
    68 Jalan Mata Ayer #04-21
    Freehold
    $656
    $860k
    18 Aug 09
    70 Jalan Mata Ayer #03-22
    Freehold
    $643
    $844k
    15 Aug 09
    70 Jalan Mata Ayer #02-25
    Freehold
    $624
    $820k
    14 Aug 09
    72 Jalan Mata Ayer #02-26
    Freehold
    $617
    $810k
    17 Jul 09
    68 Jalan Mata Ayer #04-20
    Freehold
    $609
    $800k
    13 Jul 09
    72 Jalan Mata Ayer #01-28
    Freehold
    $572
    $770k
    22 Jun 09

i have now given myself another year to get an apartment...wanna wait for the government measures to take effect and at the same time if there are any dip in the price, I will take the chance to buy.

I guess prices will not go back to pre 2007 level, but will stabilise at maybe 10% above that, taking into account inflation and the higher cost of constructions of the past few years.

Went to Meadows at Pierce today. Prices are holding, but can negotiate for some discount since these are the remainder units. Any idea how much discount we can ask for? Agent mentioned 0.5-1%....

Also called an agent on Northwood today, she at first quoted 930K, i told her too ex and then she asked me to consider 900K. I counter offered 820K and we never heard from her again hahaha....feel like slapping myself now, shd have taken the 820k few weeks back!

Quote Originally Posted by kurby
    i have now given myself another year to get an apartment...wanna wait for the government measures to take effect and at the same time if there are any dip in the price, I will take the chance to buy.

I guess prices will not go back to pre 2007 level, but will stabilise at maybe 10% above that, taking into account inflation and the higher cost of constructions of the past few years.

Went to Meadows at Pierce today. Prices are holding, but can negotiate for some discount since these are the remainder units. Any idea how much discount we can ask for? Agent mentioned 0.5-1%....

Also called an agent on Northwood today, she at first quoted 930K, i told her too ex and then she asked me to consider 900K. I counter offered 820K and we never heard from her again hahaha....feel like slapping myself now, shd have taken the 820k few weeks back!

Don't slap yourself. Sometimes agent are the one who are playing the games. In fact owner is asking $xx but agent said $xxx. Agents are trying their luck to close a record detail for what he or she is selling now. Beside hitting the target, they are aiming for their 2% commission instead of 1%.

My own version of story. Been trying to Buy a Unit At Rio Vista since June this year.For example a 3 bedroom unit was asking at $730k, offer them $700k as last transaction price was the similar unit was at $660k. Sincerly give them 1% cheque but they die die reject said owner was asking at $700k ... at the end of the day, when i saw the cavart it was sold at $685k. Went back to the agent, gave so many excuse....

2 weeks ago when back to view another project their, apparently same agent, told me now market uptrend, unit recently sold in October hit $780K, this unit is ono at $800 (same 3 bedroom) Now Nov 16, for Rio Vista only 1 transaction was done so far......

Guess some agent (RXXX) was talking bullshit. Government should look and alight these "black" property agents

[quote=kurby]

quote]

UOL usually quite sticky (read: kiam kana) with discounts. I have previously also asked an agent on the discount & he also quoted 0.5 to 1%.

[QUOTE=KarenK]

quote]

UOL usually quite sticky (read: kiam kana) with discounts. I have previously also asked an agent on the discount & he also quoted 0.5 to 1%.
    What's the point of 10% discount when developer already priced up 10% in the first place right? Haha. We have to look at the fair value.

Quote Originally Posted by DuffyDuck
    Don't slap yourself. Sometimes agent are the one who are playing the games. In fact owner is asking $xx but agent said $xxx. Agents are trying their luck to close a record detail for what he or she is selling now. Beside hitting the target, they are aiming for their 2% commission instead of 1%.

My own version of story. Been trying to Buy a Unit At Rio Vista since June this year.For example a 3 bedroom unit was asking at $730k, offer them $700k as last transaction price was the similar unit was at $660k. Sincerly give them 1% cheque but they die die reject said owner was asking at $700k ... at the end of the day, when i saw the cavart it was sold at $685k. Went back to the agent, gave so many excuse....

2 weeks ago when back to view another project their, apparently same agent, told me now market uptrend, unit recently sold in October hit $780K, this unit is ono at $800 (same 3 bedroom) Now Nov 16, for Rio Vista only 1 transaction was done so far......

Guess some agent (RXXX) was talking bullshit. Government should look and alight these "black" property agents
    Agreed with your point. In Jul 09, an agent told me that an unit in Northwood was sold at >S$880k and yet I never saw any transaction at the price yet. In Oct 09, 2 agents told me that 2 units transacted at price of S$930k. I am keeping my finger crossed for these caveats to be lodged.

Quote Originally Posted by Lao Hu
    Agreed with your point. In Jul 09, an agent told me that an unit in Northwood was sold at >S$880k and yet I never saw any transaction at the price yet. In Oct 09, 2 agents told me that 2 units transacted at price of S$930k. I am keeping my finger crossed for these caveats to be lodged.

Beside both of us encounter the same problems....many others too ... and WE, buyer are being treated as an IDIOT ..... I wish there is a thread about this matter and our expert here will comment more about this matter so that the industry can be more transparent

as long as the agent commission is pegged to the sales price...agent will always try to sell higher by hook or by crook...and they would hold out for higher price as long as they can (or as long as seller can hold)...

So buyer dun be stupid....be patient do homework and buy within means...

[quote=mcmlxxvi]
    Quote Originally Posted by KarenK

What's the point of 10% discount when developer already priced up 10% in the first place right? Haha. We have to look at the fair value.
    Developer never sell at fair value...so if you ask you may get if you dun ask you definitely dun get...so? Will you ask??

Reporter is offline F01 N54 Sheer Driving Pleasure

It seems like $659 psf is the highest psf so far.

Project ....... Area sqft . psf .. Price ........... Contract Date
    Northwood . 1,636 ........ 633 . $1,036,000 . Oct 09
    Northwood . 1,604 ........ 602 . $965,000 .... Oct 09
    Northwood . 1,313 ........ 659 . $865,000 .... Sep 09
    Northwood . 1,313 ........ 656 . $860,000 .... Sep 09
    Northwood . 2,207 ........ 517 . $1,140,000 . Sep 09

Quote Originally Posted by Lao Hu
    i am not sure is there a MUST ... but i sold my condo in jun 2009 ..till now, the caveat was not lodged ..

i checked with agent and was told, buyer's lawyer said not necessarily ....
    so i am not sure if you will ever see the real caveat .. or real transacted price ..

so if i am rich man and want to buy 10 units .. even if i buy high .. and dont lodge caveat .. no one will ever know .. and i can continmue to buy at low price ??

is this how it can work ?

Quote Originally Posted by proud owner
    i am not sure is there a MUST ... but i sold my condo in jun 2009 ..till now, the caveat was not lodged ..

so i am not sure if you will ever see the real caveat .. or real transacted price ..

so if i am rich man and want to buy 10 units .. even if i buy high .. and dont lodge caveat .. no one will ever know .. and i can continmue to buy at low price ??

Agreed with your point. Not sure whether a rich man will pay 10% above market price for a Far North condo with not much investment value. But you may be right.

Maybe we shd have a law to ensure all caveat are lodged. This would then give buyer transparency on the selling price...

Quote Originally Posted by proud owner

Caveat is lodged only when a loan is taken as the banks will insist on it. If the buyer is paying cash and not taking a loan the caveat will not appear or it will appear only when the loan is applied for which for some condo's under construction can mean months or even 1-2 yrs later.

[quote=kurby]
    Quote Originally Posted by mcmlxxvi

Developer never sell at fair value...so if you ask you may get if you dun ask you definitely dun get...so? Will you ask??
    of coz ask lah. better to try than not to try, right? half a chance is better than no chance mah.....

[quote=KarenK]

of coz ask lah. better to try than not to try, right? half a chance is better than no chance mah.....
    Yah that's what i thot too....the first rule of negotiation - always ask first!

You dun ask, you will never get.

[quote=kurby]
    Quote Originally Posted by KarenK

Yah that's what i thot too....the first rule of negotiation - always ask first!

You dun ask, you will never get.

and always go in with info on your side so that your bargaining power will be stronger......if u go in blind, u won't know how far to press or what to do....

I have a question...how do we compare the price of a ground floor unit with patio against a similar unit on the higer floor? How do we compare the psf on equivalent basis?

I have a question...how do we compare the price of a ground floor unit with patio against a similar unit on the higer floor? How do we compare the psf on equivalent basis?
    Anyone? I know that generally those with patio usually fetches a slightly lower psf....so how do I know if the selling psf is comparable to those units without patio?

No fixed rule

Someone commented earlier to use 0.5 to compute the excess area (which cost developer nothing but gives some utility to owners).

Area A (Price) versus

[Area A + Patio Area (x 0.5) ](Price)

Best comparison is to ignore the patio area, which means to take out the area, and do a psf to psf comparision based on the selling price. Next you assign a value to the patio area that you are willing to pay.

No fixed rule.

Reporter is offline F01 N54 Sheer Driving Pleasure

Quote Originally Posted by Reporter, 4 weeks ago
    It seems like $659 psf is the highest psf so far.

Project ...... Area sqft . psf .. Price .......... Contract Date
    Northwood . 1,636 ........ 633 . $1,036,000 . Oct 09
    Northwood . 1,604 ........ 602 . $965,000 .... Oct 09
    Northwood . 1,313 ........ 659 . $865,000 .... Sep 09
    Northwood . 1,313 ........ 656 . $860,000 .... Sep 09
    Northwood . 2,207 ........ 517 . $1,140,000 . Sep 09
    Sorry! $659 psf is not the highest psf.
    $697 psf is!

Northwood
    Address .................................. psf .............. Area ............ Price ........... Contract Date
    60 Jalan Mata Ayer #04-08 ..... $697 psf .... 1,335 sqft .... $930,000 ..... 13 Nov 09
    60 Jalan Mata Ayer #02-03 ..... $674 psf ..... 1,335 sqft .... $900,000 ....... 9 Nov 09
    68 Jalan Mata Ayer #01-18 ..... $602 psf ..... 1,604 sqft .... $965,000 .... 26 Oct 09
    72 Jalan Mata Ayer #02-28 ..... $659 psf ..... 1,335 sqft .... $880,000 ...... 21 Oct 09

End of day...settled for something that wasn't on our initial list.

I bought a 4 bedroom in Rosewood Suites, one of the remaining 4 units left on sales. There were just 4 units of 4 bedroom and one unit of groundfloor 3 bedroom left. Showroom is going to be torn down after next weekend.

Main reason for choosing this (as compared to Northwood and Seletaris) is the location. This is nearer to MRT and has direct access to the SLE within 5 minutes.

As to why not Casablanca or Rosewood? Well...wife wanted it new (all along). So I guess we have to pay for that....

Pricewise, we did not pay the most expensive, and neither are we the cheapest, close to initial launch price. With a view to stay at least 10 years (that is the time when all kids finish primary school), hope can catch the next property cycle up to sell.

Hi, how much did you buy RS for psf-wise? My guess is 600+ psf??

Nope got lower than that...

then it's a good buy
    cause when they first launched it was around 500psf
    given the market sentiment it's still pretty reasonable
    just beware if the land next door gets built up as well...

Thot launch price was 580psf? Though I do see some units going lower than that but generally all were selling above that (at least for the 4 bedrooms)

72 Jalan Mata Ayer #03-26 Freehold $710 1313 $933k 22 Dec 09
    66 Jalan Mata Ayer #04-17 Freehold $685 1313 $900k 18 Dec 09
    68 Jalan Mata Ayer #05-18 Freehold $577 1948 $1125k 17 Dec 09
    70 Jalan Mata Ayer #04-22 Freehold $674 1313 $885k 02 Dec 09

Not sure S$710psf is a new high in this area?