Page 1 of 7 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Parc Vista

Default Parc Vista

Strange that I see no mention of Parc Vista here. I have been comparing the few nearby condos and find Parc Vista to be the more ideal one....reasons below:

MRT:
    Parc Vista - Shelter walkway and bridge link to station
    Lakeshore - Need to cross a few roads (junctions) before reaching the station.
    Lakeholmz - Long long walk.....

Accessibility to amenities:
    Parc Vista - comfortable walking distance to the hawker centre and market
    Lakeshore - Ok...but i think slightly further away
    Lakeholmz - Quite far

Internal compound
    Parc Vista - Most spacious with lots of strolling space and with 2 pools
    Lakeshore - Very cramp
    Lakeholmz - So so....but the 2 main blocks facing each other directly

Accessiblity by road
    Parc Vista - Ok, entry/exit via corporation road.
    Lakeshore - Ok
    Lakeholmz - Jialat. The moment you exit, got no choice but to head way up before you can u-turn if you are heading back to JW area.

Just my 2 cents worth.

you're right. Before i bought lakepoint, i saw Parc Vista. I had a good impression of it as well. The downside for me's the MRT noise. Starts at 530am ends at 1230am.

exactly. when i started looking at property, Caspian was just launched and i checked nearby condo and found Parc Vista only 500+psf. so wondered if Caspian really good priced according to news or response. but these are all 99LH, age matters more than FH or 999. Maybe 10 yrs later price difference would be smaller.

Quote Originally Posted by tericia
    you're right. Before i bought lakepoint, i saw Parc Vista. I had a good impression of it as well. The downside for me's the MRT noise. Starts at 530am ends at 1230am.
    Can consider a pool facing unit? These should be away from mrt noises. Actually, i wonder for LH devt, how much would prices drop when its about say 20 years old?

Quote Originally Posted by icta
    Can consider a pool facing unit? These should be away from mrt noises. Actually, i wonder for LH devt, how much would prices drop when its about say 20 years old?
    sure will drop cuz you can see lakepoint prices are so low cuz it's old. The older it gets, the more the price will drop if neighbouring has brand new projects.

Leasehold attraction is it's cheap and rental yield high. At the outskirts my advise is to buy leasehold cuz no point buying freehold in outskirts to wait for capital appreciation. Reserve your freehold cash for properties nearer to town. You can track the history of prices, outskirt prices don't move or don't make.

Lakepoint can be a guide to how much Parc Vista will drop if they are just as old.

Those main pool/tennis courts facing units - are they too close to the HDB blocks which are directly opposite? Any privacy problem? PV has 3 tennis courts?

Quote Originally Posted by unregistered881
    Those main pool/tennis courts facing units - are they too close to the HDB blocks which are directly opposite? Any privacy problem? PV has 3 tennis courts?
    Yes, I think PV has 3 tennis courts which is the most among the nearby condo. I can't comment how close it is to HDB, but I think generally, it has the most amount of space.

Parc Vista give a miss if budget is not a problem.

Need to cross a bridge to get to MRT.

No views as all the units will be blocked by lakeholmz and caspian.

If you drive coming out is a big problem and need to turn big circle

Not near to amenities.

Old gothic design not many like it.

Too near to HDB blocks.

Noise bounce off from opp condos becoming worse when mrt goes by.

Super crowded on the bridge u are crossing.

The interior design is worse if you take a look.

It has won an award before not sure what it is.

Quote Originally Posted by Wolverine77
    Parc Vista give a miss if budget is not a problem.

Need to cross a bridge to get to MRT.

No views as all the units will be blocked by lakeholmz and caspian.

If you drive coming out is a big problem and need to turn big circle

Not near to amenities.

Old gothic design not many like it.

Too near to HDB blocks.

Noise bounce off from opp condos becoming worse when mrt goes by.

Super crowded on the bridge u are crossing.

The interior design is worse if you take a look.

It has won an award before not sure what it is.
    Guess its personal preference, but given the choice, I'd rather cross a sheltered bridge than cross mutiple road junctions.

As for amenities, in terms of the food hawker centre and the JW center, I thought PV is actually the nearest already?

Guess its personal preference, but given the choice, I'd rather cross a sheltered bridge than cross mutiple road junctions.

As for amenities, in terms of the food hawker centre and the JW center, I thought PV is actually the nearest already?
    near amenities...convenient? HDB very near.
    near hawker, rats,cockroaches n drainage smell great....excellente

Default Parc Vista

Yes, I think PV has 3 tennis courts which is the most among the nearby condo. I can't comment how close it is to HDB, but I think generally, it has the most amount of space.
    Yes you are rite, the amount of space is big...

Quote Originally Posted by richie$$$
    near amenities...convenient? HDB very near.
    near hawker, rats,cockroaches n drainage smell great....excellente
    rats, cockroaches ???

Default floor level

rats, cockroaches ???
    anything below 10 floor at any project will have risk of rats and cockroaches as they can climb when there's fogging and if your trash not air tight, they can come in during night too.

As for drainage smell, that you would have to breathe deeply during viewing to check. When i was there i didn't smell anything and i saw about 4 units, each in different blocks (but cuz sometime ago, i can't tell you which blocks they are).

Quote Originally Posted by tericia
    anything below 10 floor at any project will have risk of rats and cockroaches as they can climb when there's fogging and if your trash not air tight, they can come in during night too.

As for drainage smell, that you would have to breathe deeply during viewing to check. When i was there i didn't smell anything and i saw about 4 units, each in different blocks (but cuz sometime ago, i can't tell you which blocks they are).
    Ok, thanks. I guess these are generic problems that will plague any projects within the vicinity or in fact, anywhere else.

Cheers

My unit faces the main pool...have not heard the mrt all these years......

Default Parc Vista

Hi, I thought of getting a unit in Parc Vista to stay in as it is very near to my child's primary school.

Does anyone know what is the mixed of nationalities and races in this condo? i.e. roughly how many % Singaporeans, Chinese, Indians, etc. I heard that it is like more than 40% of the units are not owner occupied (i.e. tenanted). Any idea if this is true?

Thanks in advance...

Default Floor Plan for 2 bed room unit

Thot of getting a 2 bedder unit , any idea where can I get the floor plan?

Quote Originally Posted by LucasParis
    Thot of getting a 2 bedder unit , any idea where can I get the floor plan?
    Have you found your floor plan yet?

I was looking at prices now...asking nearly one million for 3+1, and $800K for 2 rms! The prices have really run away. In 2002, I was looking at $560K for a 3+1, and did not buy, because did not like the few units I viewed.

Quote Originally Posted by sfwoo

I was looking at prices now...asking nearly one million for 3+1, and $800K for 2 rms! The prices have really run away. In 2002, I was looking at $560K for a 3+1, and did not buy, because did not like the few units I viewed.

the price of parc vista will go further up in the months to come...just imagine when keppel starts selling their unit at S$950 psf for 2 and 3 bedders...now parc vista is at S$650psf although it has already gone up as observed...people know and they ae snapping up...interesting..maybe it will go up to S$750 to S$780?....

Quote Originally Posted by peterng8
    the price of parc vista will go further up in the months to come...just imagine when keppel starts selling their unit at S$950 psf for 2 and 3 bedders...now parc vista is at S$650psf although it has already gone up as observed...people know and they ae snapping up...interesting..maybe it will go up to S$750 to S$780?....

Property developer Keppel Land says its second quarter net profit rose 20.3 per cent on year to S$70 million.
    This was largely driven by strong residential sales in Singapore and China, and growth in its fund management and property investment businesses.
    But revenue for the quarter fell about 19 per cent to S$202 million.
    The Reflections at Keppel Bay development was one of the projects that Keppel Land recorded strong sales this year.
    Of the 80 units launched in the first half, only three remain unsold.
    The developer has almost sold out the 760 units launched so far.
    But it’s also eyeing the residential sales opportunities in China, where it transacted over 1,200 homes in the first half the year – mostly from its townships in second tier cities, namely the Botanica in Chengdu and Central Park City in Wuxi.
    Kevin Wong, group CEO of Keppel Land, says: “In China, although market sentiments have been dampened due to the government’s measures to cool down the property market, we are still seeing resilience of demand for residential properties especially in middle-income homes in the second tier cities and suburban areas of first tier cities.”
    In the first half, Keppel Land’s net profit rose 41.6 per cent to some S$135 million, as revenues fell about nine per cent to S$362 million.
    This was boosted by a strong jump in profits from fund management.
    The segment saw a 78 per cent increase to $15.7 million as a result of higher acquisition and management fees earned by K-REIT Asia Management and Alpha Investment Partners.
    Going forward, an improved outlook for the office market is expected to boost earnings.
    Keppel Land’s Ocean Financial Towers is set to be complete next year, and is already 63 per cent pre-committed.
    Overall commitment for the Marina Bay Financial Centre is at 80 per cent, ahead of full completion in 2012.
    Mr Wong says: “Grade A office rents bottomed in 1Q 2010 and rose about 5.6 per cent quarter-on-quarter in 2Q 2010. The Singapore office market tends to be closely related to GDP growth. With the record GDP growth forecast of 13 – 15 per cent predicted for 2010, we expect the office market to continue to improve.”
    Keppel says it will continue to monitor the markets for appropriate launches and strategic acquisitions.

In Singapore, the group is planning to launch its newly-acquired Lakeside Drive project by the end of the year. The project will comprise about 630 homes with one to four bedrooms.

Mr Wong continues: “We have a pipeline of 4,000 homes which can be launched this year. The timing and extend of the launches will obviously depend on market conditions and the pace of the economic recovery.”
    Source : Channel NewsAsia – 21 Jul 2010

Quote Originally Posted by housewife
    exactly. when i started looking at property, Caspian was just launched and i checked nearby condo and found Parc Vista only 500+psf. so wondered if Caspian really good priced according to news or response. but these are all 99LH, age matters more than FH or 999. Maybe 10 yrs later price difference would be smaller.

maybe it will be enbloc....

maybe it will be enbloc....
    Parc Vista en bloc?

En bloc is more likely in FH, large land area, existing blocks low floors only...can en bloc, and convert into super tall blocks, more units per block, more blocks squeezed into same piece of land.

Parc Vista may not be en bloc-able for now, unless got major changes to plot ratio and GFA increase by a lot.

Parc Vista en bloc?

En bloc is more likely in FH, large land area, existing blocks low floors only...can en bloc, and convert into super tall blocks, more units per block, more blocks squeezed into same piece of land.

Parc Vista may not be en bloc-able for now, unless got major changes to plot ratio and GFA increase by a lot.
    enbloc more likely to be FH sitting in smaller land with price tag below 100mil

agree tat 99LH surburbs r near impossible to enbloc bcoz developers can buy from GLS programme...

anw, i given up searching for enbloc potential ppty....i tink only possible to hunt them down during a prolonged recession

Quote Originally Posted by devilplate
    anw, i given up searching for enbloc potential ppty....i tink only possible to hunt them down during a prolonged recession
    HEEHEEHEE...I am sitting on one en bloc-able plot...my friends told me KACHING(sound of cash register) coming up...problem is...we really like to live here, and we are likely to be the minority that resist that en bloc!

Quote Originally Posted by devilplate
    enbloc more likely to be FH sitting in smaller land with price tag below 100mil

agree tat 99LH surburbs r near impossible to enbloc bcoz developers can buy from GLS programme...

I think very old projects at excellent location (and not 40 storeys high) may still be possible for enbloc. It seems that good locations are running out in small Singapore. I even think that it's not impossible for the enterprising govnt to have old HDB blocks at good locations enbloc and let private developers take over to unlock the values.

Quote Originally Posted by Komo
    I think very old projects at excellent location (and not 40 storeys high) may still be possible for enbloc. It seems that good locations are running out in small Singapore. I even think that it's not impossible for the enterprising govnt to have old HDB blocks at good locations enbloc and let private developers take over to unlock the values.

parc vista price is now edging up....hope it will go lower so can buy...

bian de le, kuay dian mai...dont wait...buy...PV is good just next to MRT, less than 5min walk, it has big garden, 3 tennis courts, movie room, game room, big function room, library, 2 big swimming pools..putting green..BBQ pits..underground car park...very well maintained and very big area for kids to run around...come and join me...

bian de le, kuay dian mai...dont wait...buy...PV is good just next to MRT, less than 5min walk, it has big garden, 3 tennis courts, movie room, game room, big function room, library, 2 big swimming pools..putting green..BBQ pits..underground car park...very well maintained and very big area for kids to run around...come and join me...
    With LR launch price breaking 1000 barriers, all PV owners huat!!!!!

i got good heart and ask people to buy buy and buy..

but my prediction of LF is out by s$50 PSF...

see.. same people who ask not to buy LF and miss the chance...