Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Thread: Cascadia (D21, Freehold, Allgreen)

The problem is prices doesn't and never seem to drop after flooding issues. Heard majority of units were bought by fund companies thus strong holding power. Agent told me.

Honestly, I would sell mine otherwise a lot of sleepless nights whenever it rains.

see bay heng..... i was so very tempted to execute on a largish unit here in Oct - first thing i asked was if the carpark will flood. agent said he checked with developer, and gave some cock bull story that no problems as developer has learned from the then recent floods and built it so that it can't happen lah, then another bullshit thing about gradient lah. luckily sentosa cove distracted me.

heng....see bay heng.

Quote Originally Posted by gfoo
    see bay heng..... i was so very tempted to execute on a largish unit here in Oct - first thing i asked was if the carpark will flood. agent said he checked with developer, and gave some cock bull story that no problems as developer has learned from the then recent floods and built it so that it can't happen lah, then another bullshit thing about gradient lah. luckily sentosa cove distracted me.

heng....see bay heng.
    Why would a HNWI buy cascadia when sentosa cove is affordable?

Quote Originally Posted by stalingrad
    not design fault. the whole area is prone to flooding. tessarina, maplewoods, and now cascadia. the whole area is now blacklisted.
    Agent say no flooding. Carpark was wet bcos ah neh washing carpark.

Quote Originally Posted by mygeemeel
    Agent say no flooding. Carpark was wet bcos ah neh washing carpark.
    wonder how tessarina did
    so it stands now

blacklist
    1. tessarina
    2. cascadis

if u wanna know which condos flood, just ask the security guard

Quote Originally Posted by leslens
    wonder how tessarina did
    so it stands now

blacklist
    1. tessarina
    2. cascadis

I always make friends with the security guards. They will tell you whether there are flood problems, gambling problems, fighting neighbors problems and even if there were suicides and unnatural deaths in any units.

wonder how tessarina did
    so it stands now

blacklist
    1. tessarina
    2. cascadis

reviewers on propertyguru.com said that maplewoods also has flooding problems.

Why would a HNWI buy cascadia when sentosa cove is affordable?
    sorry who is hnwi? back then cascadia 1400psf, scove 1600psf mah

This condo looks very very cluttered. Something wrong with the layout. Now with flooding, really CMI liao. I thought flooding problem rectified liao? Didn't some woman come out and say she singlehandedly resolve the flooding problem at Tessarina (and presumably other nearby condos)?

BTW, now all the flooding news are under the radar liao. And the rain wasn't even heavy. Can't imagine heavy rain.

I visited this condo last week. Agent wasn't convincing enough and kept stressing that prices have come down as compared to launch. But wasn't able to convince apple to apple, 3br to 3br. She kept comparing studio's psf to 4br psf.

Now with flooding, I hope they can drop price. Small land space for 500+ units?

Total 536 units, wonder how many sold todate. Allgreen will be very sian now. Tis stomp very damaging....jialak for those who bought earlier

Quote Originally Posted by stalingrad
    reviewers on propertyguru.com said that maplewoods also has flooding problems.
    bro, nice try talking down prices to buy at 1000-1200psf

sorry who is hnwi? back then cascadia 1400psf, scove 1600psf mah
    HNWI = high net worth investor.
    Woah, now can still get scove 1600psf?

a "keppel alpha fund" or something bot 162 units recently from a macquarie fund. not sure if the intention is to sell or rent these units out. after excluding these, 143 units to go as at end dec 2010.

Quote Originally Posted by land118
    Total 536 units, wonder how many sold todate. Allgreen will be very sian now. Tis stomp very damaging....jialak for those who bought earlier

bro, nice try talking down prices to buy at 1000-1200psf
    I sure hope prices fall to $1000psf. If can get at $1000psf, I don't care flood or not since tenants don't normally own any cars.

I sure hope prices fall to $1000psf. If can get at $1000psf, I don't care flood or not since tenants don't normally own any cars.
    i have been monitoring v closely
    i was shocked to see tessarina still transacting at >1200psf IMMEDIATELY after the major floods, newspaper reporting of car being submerged

cascadia lay out got real issues

internally: units are too small and cramped for the number of bedrooms
    externally, it seems like the swimming pool is too small for so many units and seems fenced in 360 by all blocks in a ring

This is too clustered. I viewed some units and those facing inside, you could see opposite units' bedrooms and hall very clearly. FYI, I have poor vision.

i have been monitoring v closely
    i was shocked to see tessarina still transacting at >1200psf IMMEDIATELY after the major floods, newspaper reporting of car being submerged
    I know one of the owners who owned a patio unit. He told me it's a nice condo and flood or no flood, he will not sell. I guess he super malu, need to save his face. I am very sure buyers would condemn these condos before signing the cheque. Remember: this is after all a prime residential estate.

I know one of the owners who owned a patio unit. He told me it's a nice condo and flood or no flood, he will not sell. I guess he super malu, need to save his face. I am very sure buyers would condemn these condos before signing the cheque. Remember: this is after all a prime residential estate.
    tessarina is a very condo with qutie a lot of space between units
    a functional pool , a nice pond
    the only problem is flooding and v far from future mrt (the farthest)

suay luck for the developer. and it wasn't the kind of heavy downpour we saw last year that turned tessarina's carpark into an indoor swimming pool.

heng....see bay heng.
    gfoo, your child is boy or girl? Which school you targeting? Does it need to be within 1km or just near for convenience?

Quote Originally Posted by HP65
    gfoo, your child is boy or girl? Which school you targeting? Does it need to be within 1km or just near for convenience?
    my child girl, still less than a year old so got a few more years to act. exploring non 1km options. mostly the older or mission schools, pref the latter as pastoral care is important to us

my child girl, still less than a year old so got a few more years to act. exploring non 1km options. mostly the older or mission schools, pref the latter as pastoral care is important to us
    Of the lot, I would rate Methodist family (MGS, PLMGS, FMPS) and St Marg as possible choices. The presby family of schools you might want to consider too but if i could choose, I will go with the Methodist schools (personal choice). They clearly have a balanced curriculum and will not sacrifice character building over academic performance. I gather this through talking to my sister and friends whose children go to MGS and FMPS. The principal of FMPS told the parents of the P6's there will not be a cut-back in ECA just because of PSLE. They want to send the message across that academic excellence is not at all costs. Good stuff if you ask me.

I also know the VP of MGS and thus I know what are their goals in child education (and their corresponding progs) and if I have a girl, I will definitely send her to MGS or FMPS.

Guess once you have decided on the schools, you have to choose which church to be a member of then, haha. Alright, I'm kidding! I'm sure if you are a christian, you will not switch membership just to get the affiliation. But do note MGS do not accept parent's volunteer. So the only way is through RC/ NC if you are not a Methodist. Unless you already have a HDB, I doubt you will sell TS just to join an RC, so that leaves you with NC or if you are a board member. But hey, after writing so much, I realized all might be moot if your wife's an old girl of the school you want to put your daughter in, haha.

Anyway, coming back to this stretch of condos, the condo which I think is under-rated is Blossomvale. I didnt think much of it until 1 day I had to attend my son's classmate birthday party. Its not bad actually.

Also, have you considered landed? If not, take a look at Toh Tok, Lor Kismis, Lor Pisang, Yuk Tong area. Near to amenities and future MRT. Only thing to dislike I guess is the traffic can be a tad jam.

Quote Originally Posted by HP65
    Of the lot, I would rate Methodist family (MGS, PLMGS, FMPS) and St Marg as possible choices. The presby family of schools you might want to consider too but if i could choose, I will go with the Methodist schools (personal choice). They clearly have a balanced curriculum and will not sacrifice character building over academic performance. I gather this through talking to my sister and friends whose children go to MGS and FMPS. The principal of FMPS told the parents of the P6's there will not be a cut-back in ECA just because of PSLE. They want to send the message across that academic excellence is not at all costs. Good stuff if you ask me.

I also know the VP of MGS and thus I know what are their goals in child education (and their corresponding progs) and if I have a girl, I will definitely send her to MGS or FMPS.

Guess once you have decided on the schools, you have to choose which church to be a member of then, haha. Alright, I'm kidding! I'm sure if you are a christian, you will not switch membership just to get the affiliation. But do note MGS do not accept parent's volunteer. So the only way is through RC/ NC if you are not a Methodist. Unless you already have a HDB, I doubt you will sell TS just to join an RC, so that leaves you with NC or if you are a board member. But hey, after writing so much, I realized all might be moot if your wife's an old girl of the school you want to put your daughter in, haha.

Anyway, coming back to this stretch of condos, the condo which I think is under-rated is Blossomvale. I didnt think much of it until 1 day I had to attend my son's classmate birthday party. Its not bad actually.

Also, have you considered landed? If not, take a look at Toh Tok, Lor Kismis, Lor Pisang, Yuk Tong area. Near to amenities and future MRT. Only thing to dislike I guess is the traffic can be a tad jam.
    thanks much for the advice sir, tis invaluable. yes mgs is a great choice - too bad its situated in a less than ideal locality. another school i like is scgs. unfortunately my wife has no affiliation, and unless my methodist boys school goes coed, i'm stuck. i'm hoping that mgs etc starts charging school fees marked to market, but that's slim. toh tuck etc is more than 1km rite?

If the current P1 reg system stays (big IF ), MGS even at 1b u still need to ballot within 1km. With all the new projects coming up, u can imagine the situation will only get worse. Also, let me be frank, the projects ard MGS are not expensive enough to deter parents from buying/renting just for this purpose. U will have a lot of competition.
    I think SCGS will have a better chance. balmoral area is quite nice too, can consider.

The all important website:
    http://www.kiasuparents.com/kiasu/

Coast is clear! Buy Buy Buy! ..

http://singaporeseen.stomp.com.sg/st..._drainage.html

PUB: Bukit Timah condo carpark flooded due to choke in drainage system

what caused the choke? will it be choked again?

Quote Originally Posted by focus
    Coast is clear! Buy Buy Buy! ..

http://singaporeseen.stomp.com.sg/st..._drainage.html

PUB: Bukit Timah condo carpark flooded due to choke in drainage system
    Thought after last flood PUB would hv been on the ball, now excuse is choke. If so easy get choke, how to ensure nt time no more choke?

I will still not buy this condo bcos of it's size. Too crowded.