52 64.20%
  • 41-50

12 14.81%
  • >50

4 4.94%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Age group of property buyers?

Quote Originally Posted by dtrax
    Well if given a choice who does not want family sponsorship.. but what makes it different is what they do with the money... take it to buy lambo or start their own biz.. afterall who doesnt want to be born in rich family lol?
    still missing the point..

Quote Originally Posted by Geylang OKT
    Must be incredibly boring to stay at home and look after kids though.

one mountain taller than one mountain. Lambo is nbot the everest of street legal cars. I won't turn my head looking at a lambo these days, but i would definitely do so if i see a Bugatti Veyron. I have yet to see anyone driving one on the street.

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Anus
    by the way, their one car, say for example gallardo superleggera, can buy 2 of your HDB flats. whether loan or pay cash it depends on the person, but the point is they really live life freely and fully.

as to the number of these people around, there are many. the whole shenton way is full of them, some making obscene money, others not so spectacular. but the point is, there is no point comparing them to the fixed salary workhorses like the average joe PMET.

these highly paid people use leverage for property speculation, that's for sure, but their gearing is high and they only trade big units in prime areas. why? because quantum is high, when $psf goes up all around their location, their quantum increases exponentially. don't forget these people deal in tens and hundreds of millions in trades every day in their jobs, their appetite is not the same as the average joe. there are so many examples of these people but nobody knows who they are until they screw up in some way in their jobs: nick leeson was one.

these people are professional white collar gamblers and were and are going to be the main cause of property bubble bursting.

you mentioned that he was born rich, so nothing commendable bout this friend of yours. there are countless examples of rich kids born into this word who do not have to work. if you tell me ur friend was kicked out by his family at 18, penniless, worked to save up to study and later became successful and earn his millions and retire at 30 years, then i would take my hats off to him....

Quote Originally Posted by proud owner
    i also have a friend ..much much younger than me ... retired when he was 30 yrs old ...

owns 4 properties, all rented all ..another (5th) was enbloc in 2007 .. now living oversea .. not working..just collecting rental, ..

he is born rich , married a capable wife who is a CEO ..haha so he lagi smart and savvy ... stay home husband ...everyday play with 3 kids .. afternoon play golf , shopping , late afternoon keep up kids from school ..
    w/e go fishing, ...

he doesnt blog, he is not on facebook ,, he doesnt own Sail , ,,he doesnt believe in bucket shop commodities trading ..

sorry

he is real .. he does exist ...i didnt make up this person

Owing a property is not a child’s play, it needs money, time and future planning for which one needs to be professional and personally secured. To reach this stage, person normally attains the age of 40 yrs.

Quote Originally Posted by shubh
    Owing a property is not a child’s play, it needs money, time and future planning for which one needs to be professional and personally secured. To reach this stage, person normally attains the age of 40 yrs.
    Key word is normally. Not necessay.

Quote Originally Posted by shubh
    owing to bank or owning oneself?

Quote Originally Posted by Regulators
    one mountain taller than one mountain. Lambo is nbot the everest of street legal cars. I won't turn my head looking at a lambo these days, but i would definitely do so if i see a Bugatti Veyron. I have yet to see anyone driving one on the street.
    Lambo common lah. You see countless parking outside hotels along Orchard road.

Quote Originally Posted by Property_Owner
    Lambo common lah. You see countless parking outside hotels along Orchard road.
    Eh perhaps u refer to Sheranton (not exactly at Orchard leh) ...
    Yup, they got a club there ..