View Poll Results: Age Group of Private Property Owners

Voters
81. You may not vote on this poll
  • 20-25

    3 3.70%
  • 26-30

    10 12.35%
  • 31-40

    52 64.20%
  • 41-50

    12 14.81%
  • >50

    4 4.94%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 30 of 39

Thread: Age group of property buyers?

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    2,660

    Default Age group of property buyers?

    Haha just curious to know what are the age-grps of the pple here buying or are property owners. My guess would be 30-40 and >50

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    6

    Default Age Group

    It is the age group of the readers in the forum who own property and want to buy more.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    2,660

    Default

    well i believe there are as many would-be buyers w8ing on the sidelines as well. I am more curious of the age group whom are currently owners... lol seems like i belong to the underage group

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    705

    Default

    wah like tt u shld be v proud of yourself lor (assuming u already bot one & it's not paid by mama papa)

    juz curious did u jump into pte straight (or did u buy hdb at a v tender age ... dun think can qualify if too young rt ) ... or perhaps u dun qualify for hdb so jump straight into pte? If it's the latter, then dun get to benefit from public housing for u lor ....

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    2,660

    Default

    was considering a 2 bedder unit over at the sail and sophia residences, end up going with the sophia residence. HDB single not qualified and besides i getting mainly for investment or possibly homestay so likely not going for public housing in this case.

    Not born wif silverspoon unfortunately so paying myself...

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    286

    Default

    oh, now i know why you have this poll started.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    335

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by shespawn
    oh, now i know why you have this poll started.
    why? to blow his own trumpet?
    now i know why they say self-pleasuring is the most enjoyable form of s-e-x

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    705

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dtrax
    was considering a 2 bedder unit over at the sail and sophia residences, end up going with the sophia residence. HDB single not qualified and besides i getting mainly for investment or possibly homestay so likely not going for public housing in this case.

    Not born wif silverspoon unfortunately so paying myself...
    Oh ... yah single to buy hdb muz wait .. young pp like u will wait a looong time ...

    Why u started this poll huh? People guessing now (including a pervert), so u might as well satisfy them by sharing lor. Izit becoz u wanna know if there r young investor out there like yourself??

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    286

    Default

    come on peeps, give him a break. he's underage as what he said, so maturity and satisfaction level is different from the majority over here.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    5,841

    Default

    are u agitated coz u r no longer young? There r many young people in this forum n i am proud to be 1
    Quote Originally Posted by cheerful
    Oh ... yah single to buy hdb muz wait .. young pp like u will wait a looong time ...

    Why u started this poll huh? People guessing now (including a pervert), so u might as well satisfy them by sharing lor. Izit becoz u wanna know if there r young investor out there like yourself??

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    648

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Regulators
    are u agitated coz u r no longer young? There r many young people in this forum n i am proud to be 1
    not as young as <25 right ? not many young chap can afford the sail and without parent sponsorship like dtrax..

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    2,660

    Default

    well it is never my intention to blow trumpet in the first place but if anyone sees it as a hidden agenda, i have nothing much to say; I do know a few young dudes in this forum here but what I am mainly interested to know are the places they are buying for investment or stay in which areas as well as the consideration for the cost of the purchase.

    Buying a first property is in fact my biggest decision in my life so far and have been researching/hunting for quite sometime and after much deliberation especially the current rally and possibility of a correction further down the road.

    On a side note: I do not hide the fact that owning a property at a young age is something to be proud of especially I worked for it but well I kinda expect this might invite unnecessary flaming which is why I put up a poll for age-group instead without specifically mention buying of properties for "young pple" only

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    2,660

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Douk
    not as young as <25 right ? not many young chap can afford the sail and without parent sponsorship like dtrax..
    many young pple these days are pretty savvy in terms of investment and astute mind in running business.. I have a frend age 22 way younger than me running a commodity firm, another frend of my in Canada running personal blogging 1 month 5-figure and tat is just his side-line, need I say the founder of Facebook is also a young dude? Seriously I dunno why some pple cant accept the fact the investment can also apply to younger pple?

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    648

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dtrax
    many young pple these days are pretty savvy in terms of investment and astute mind in running business.. I have a frend age 22 way younger than me running a commodity firm, another frend of my in Canada running personal blogging 1 month 5-figure and tat is just his side-line, need I say the founder of Facebook is also a young dude? Seriously I dunno why some pple cant accept the fact the investment can also apply to younger pple?
    no doubt. still, it is a small percentage.

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    5,841

    Default

    I am assuming he completed NS at 20 and has 4 years to build up his career that is if he is employed. In that 4 years, it is not impossible for one to build up sufficient income to buy a small unit at the sail or in D9. An 800k unit would require him to fork out 160k upfront cash and that is not impossible for an employed professional to save in 4 years from scratch taking into consideration investment gains from stocks etc. I am also not born with a silver spoon and even had to fund my own overseas postgraduate education and Masters in NUS. When i started my own business, it did not take me long to accumulate my wealth and i started from zero to a million net worth is just a few short years without a single help from my parents. with hard work and determination, nothing is impossible.


    Quote Originally Posted by Douk
    not as young as <25 right ? not many young chap can afford the sail and without parent sponsorship like dtrax..

  16. #16
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    705

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dtrax
    many young pple these days are pretty savvy in terms of investment and astute mind in running business.. I have a frend age 22 way younger than me running a commodity firm, another frend of my in Canada running personal blogging 1 month 5-figure and tat is just his side-line, need I say the founder of Facebook is also a young dude? Seriously I dunno why some pple cant accept the fact the investment can also apply to younger pple?
    Of cuz investment applies to young pp ... yup u shld pat urself on the shoulder for doing it ur way

    btw, not flaming u so dun understd why so kpoh thinks tt way ... mayb some pp juz simply 'young' at heart bah.

  17. #17
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    286

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Regulators
    are u agitated coz u r no longer young? There r many young people in this forum n i am proud to be 1
    pat on you regulators for been one of the many young pple in forum and not making it that well known to everyone. Dtrax's way of phrasing his sentence like underage, do put pple off. I'm not saying im old, neither young anymore, but we should also consider how each one earn their money to get their property. Whether you are blowing your trumpet anot, im sure you also don't go around telling all your acquitances:" Hey i just bought the Sail and i am underage"
    Practice some humbleness and also have some EQ too.

  18. #18
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    1,393

    Default

    Being young is overrated. There is much to be learnt from our seniors. Experience and reach of network far outweighs paper qualifications

  19. #19
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    705

    Default

    well said.... aso learning here, not just fr snrs but aso fr jnrs... both +ve and -ve examples ... and yes paper qualifications w/o eq is nothing.

    Quote Originally Posted by gfoo
    Being young is overrated. There is much to be learnt from our seniors. Experience and reach of network far outweighs paper qualifications

  20. #20
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    5,837

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dtrax
    many young pple these days are pretty savvy in terms of investment and astute mind in running business.. I have a frend age 22 way younger than me running a commodity firm, another frend of my in Canada running personal blogging 1 month 5-figure and tat is just his side-line, need I say the founder of Facebook is also a young dude? Seriously I dunno why some pple cant accept the fact the investment can also apply to younger pple?
    i also have a friend ..much much younger than me ... retired when he was 30 yrs old ...

    owns 4 properties, all rented all ..another (5th) was enbloc in 2007 .. now living oversea .. not working..just collecting rental, ..

    he is born rich , married a capable wife who is a CEO ..haha so he lagi smart and savvy ... stay home husband ...everyday play with 3 kids .. afternoon play golf , shopping , late afternoon keep up kids from school ..
    w/e go fishing, ...

    he doesnt blog, he is not on facebook ,, he doesnt own Sail , ,,he doesnt believe in bucket shop commodities trading ..

    sorry

    he is real .. he does exist ...i didnt make up this person

  21. #21
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    335

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by shespawn
    pat on you regulators for been one of the many young pple in forum and not making it that well known to everyone. Dtrax's way of phrasing his sentence like underage, do put pple off. I'm not saying im old, neither young anymore, but we should also consider how each one earn their money to get their property. Whether you are blowing your trumpet anot, im sure you also don't go around telling all your acquitances:" Hey i just bought the Sail and i am underage"
    Practice some humbleness and also have some EQ too.
    you want to engage in patting with regulators???

  22. #22
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    335

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Douk
    not as young as <25 right ? not many young chap can afford the sail and without parent sponsorship like dtrax..
    go to raffles place and you can see many young traders for investment banks. they drive porsches and lamborghinis and make insane money. but for those <25 years old, they are still green, not making much yet, maybe can only afford studio or 2 bedder in The Sail.

    if you are talking late 20's or early '30s, the front office buggers have salaries and bonuses that will shock you.

    many of them only have a basic bachelor degree from a good (but not top) university, may not even major in econs or finance, some even have literature or history degrees, smoke , drink, do drugs, party like crazy, **** round, even swear in hokkien. certainly not like the lame private bankers who play golf and try to keep up respectable appearances for the benefit of their clients..

    these front office buggers are like cowboys and live their lives freely. must be the pressure of their jobs. they certainly don't care what other people think, cos their attitude is: i make so much money for you, you can't fire me.

  23. #23
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    335

    Default

    by the way, their one car, say for example gallardo superleggera, can buy 2 of your HDB flats. whether loan or pay cash it depends on the person, but the point is they really live life freely and fully.

    as to the number of these people around, there are many. the whole shenton way is full of them, some making obscene money, others not so spectacular. but the point is, there is no point comparing them to the fixed salary workhorses like the average joe PMET.

    these highly paid people use leverage for property speculation, that's for sure, but their gearing is high and they only trade big units in prime areas. why? because quantum is high, when $psf goes up all around their location, their quantum increases exponentially. don't forget these people deal in tens and hundreds of millions in trades every day in their jobs, their appetite is not the same as the average joe. there are so many examples of these people but nobody knows who they are until they screw up in some way in their jobs: nick leeson was one.

    these people are professional white collar gamblers and were and are going to be the main cause of property bubble bursting.

  24. #24
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    2,660

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Anus
    go to raffles place and you can see many young traders for investment banks. they drive porsches and lamborghinis and make insane money. but for those <25 years old, they are still green, not making much yet, maybe can only afford studio or 2 bedder in The Sail.

    if you are talking late 20's or early '30s, the front office buggers have salaries and bonuses that will shock you.

    many of them only have a basic bachelor degree from a good (but not top) university, may not even major in econs or finance, some even have literature or history degrees, smoke , drink, do drugs, party like crazy, **** round, even swear in hokkien. certainly not like the lame private bankers who play golf and try to keep up respectable appearances for the benefit of their clients..

    these front office buggers are like cowboys and live their lives freely. must be the pressure of their jobs. they certainly don't care what other people think, cos their attitude is: i make so much money for you, you can't fire me.
    haha.. too bad i don't belong to those group.. I save way more than I spend. I even recall buying my first jap car I had to think for 2yrs b4 buying it even though I can afford it

  25. #25
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    648

    Default

    Anus, why so agitated ? are you also one of them ?

    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Anus
    go to raffles place and you can see many young traders for investment banks. they drive porsches and lamborghinis and make insane money. but for those <25 years old, they are still green, not making much yet, maybe can only afford studio or 2 bedder in The Sail.

    if you are talking late 20's or early '30s, the front office buggers have salaries and bonuses that will shock you.

    many of them only have a basic bachelor degree from a good (but not top) university, may not even major in econs or finance, some even have literature or history degrees, smoke , drink, do drugs, party like crazy, **** round, even swear in hokkien. certainly not like the lame private bankers who play golf and try to keep up respectable appearances for the benefit of their clients..

    these front office buggers are like cowboys and live their lives freely. must be the pressure of their jobs. they certainly don't care what other people think, cos their attitude is: i make so much money for you, you can't fire me.

  26. #26
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    648

    Default

    u sure read up alot on car magazine to know so much about cars.

    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Anus
    by the way, their one car, say for example gallardo superleggera, can buy 2 of your HDB flats. whether loan or pay cash it depends on the person, but the point is they really live life freely and fully.

    as to the number of these people around, there are many. the whole shenton way is full of them, some making obscene money, others not so spectacular. but the point is, there is no point comparing them to the fixed salary workhorses like the average joe PMET.

    these highly paid people use leverage for property speculation, that's for sure, but their gearing is high and they only trade big units in prime areas. why? because quantum is high, when $psf goes up all around their location, their quantum increases exponentially. don't forget these people deal in tens and hundreds of millions in trades every day in their jobs, their appetite is not the same as the average joe. there are so many examples of these people but nobody knows who they are until they screw up in some way in their jobs: nick leeson was one.

    these people are professional white collar gamblers and were and are going to be the main cause of property bubble bursting.

  27. #27
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    648

    Default

    Right, salute to your achievement at this age.

    i didnt doubt young people who achieve much at <30. And i do see alot who their own achievement, but forgot about the parent sponsorship that gave them that KICK-start.

    Quote Originally Posted by Regulators
    I am assuming he completed NS at 20 and has 4 years to build up his career that is if he is employed. In that 4 years, it is not impossible for one to build up sufficient income to buy a small unit at the sail or in D9. An 800k unit would require him to fork out 160k upfront cash and that is not impossible for an employed professional to save in 4 years from scratch taking into consideration investment gains from stocks etc. I am also not born with a silver spoon and even had to fund my own overseas postgraduate education and Masters in NUS. When i started my own business, it did not take me long to accumulate my wealth and i started from zero to a million net worth is just a few short years without a single help from my parents. with hard work and determination, nothing is impossible.

  28. #28
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    2,660

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Douk
    Right, salute to your achievement at this age.

    i didnt doubt young people who achieve much at <30. And i do see alot who their own achievement, but forgot about the parent sponsorship that gave them that KICK-start.
    Well if given a choice who does not want family sponsorship.. but what makes it different is what they do with the money... take it to buy lambo or start their own biz.. afterall who doesnt want to be born in rich family lol?

  29. #29
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    1,493

    Default

    Must be incredibly boring to stay at home and look after kids though.

  30. #30
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    1,393

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Geylang OKT
    Must be incredibly boring to stay at home and look after kids though.
    maybe that's the 'official' cover story to tell friends relatives and wife. sekali he is truly a food connoisseur - jap cuisine at cuppage, frog leg porridge at d16, butter chicken at desker, russian goulash at killiney - spore lotsa great food

Similar Threads

  1. Lian Beng Group unit intending to acquire Joo Chiat property for S$27m
    By reporter2 in forum HDB, EC, commercial and industrial property discussion
    Replies: 0
    -: 19-03-18, 21:33
  2. SPH buys 60% stake in property data group
    By reporter2 in forum HDB, EC, commercial and industrial property discussion
    Replies: 0
    -: 04-11-14, 13:22
  3. UAE property group looks to S'pore listing
    By mr funny in forum Singapore Private Condominium Property Discussion and News
    Replies: 1
    -: 11-04-07, 12:38
  4. S'pore properties draw new group of foreign buyers
    By mr funny in forum Singapore Private Condominium Property Discussion and News
    Replies: 0
    -: 06-09-06, 22:29
  5. UOL Group is now Wee's property vehicle: CLSA
    By mr funny in forum Singapore Private Condominium Property Discussion and News
    Replies: 0
    -: 18-08-06, 18:24

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •