Thread: Strong response from buyers for 2 new condos in eastern suburbs

Default Strong response from buyers for 2 new condos in eastern suburbs

Strong response from buyers for 2 new condos in eastern suburbs

11 July 2009 2334 hrs (SST) 1534 hrs (GMT)

SINGAPORE: Private home buyers remain unfazed despite the global economic downturn and the government's recent proposal to tax speculators who sell more than one property within a four-year period.

Freehold condominium "The Gale" in Loyang has certainly caused quite a storm.

Prices average S$700 per square foot and so far, half its 330 units have been snapped up.

It is an encouraging sign for developer Hong Leong Group, which attributes the response to pent-up demand for freehold properties in the area.

Demand is just as strong at the higher-priced, 99-year leasehold "Silversea" at Marine Parade.

Prices for the 380-unit condo start at S$1,300 per square foot and so far, 40 per cent of its 80 preview units have been sold.

However, compared to the property frenzy of 2007, developers say that buyers are displaying more caution this time.

- CNA/yb

Herd or lemming mentality?

wait a minute, 40% of 80 units is only 32 units out of 380, that is good response?!?!?!?!!?!

even the gale only half sold after 3 days? 8 @ woodleigh was all gone after 3 days.

market cooling?

Quote Originally Posted by bargain hunter
    wait a minute, 40% of 80 units is only 32 units out of 380, that is good response?!?!?!?!!?!

even the gale only half sold after 3 days? 8 @ woodleigh was all gone after 3 days.

market cooling?
    Location is so different, how to compare The Gale & 8@W ... half sold in 3 days is considered very good already in Pasir Ris

Quote Originally Posted by jitkiat
    Location is so different, how to compare The Gale & 8@W ... half sold in 3 days is considered very good already in Pasir Ris
    It's not half. It's half of a small number released.

This is the typical horse&^%t in reporting that personally annoys the heck out of me.
    And it's effective because so many singaporean are complete kiasu don't miss the boat types & get suckered into making a very big decision very quickly.

bro, it is not pasir ris, it is at loyang, no mrt, in fact, nothing there. Can be considered very good sales for the developer already. But i won't even consider that area.

Quote Originally Posted by hans
    bro, it is not pasir ris, it is at loyang, no mrt, in fact, nothing there. Can be considered very good sales for the developer already. But i won't even consider that area.
    The Gale is at loyang (maybe he was thinking of Oasis@Elias .. that one at pasir ris?) ... be it pasir ris or loyang, about the same if no mrt ... i.e. considered pretty far east .. so maybe half is considered as encouraging lor.

Quote Originally Posted by hans
    Sorry, to me Loyang = Pasir ris. I think if want freehold, Ris Grandeur is a better choice. Anyway, may be poeple who work in Changi Airport like that place? Most likely not speculators buying loh.

Sorry, to me Loyang = Pasir ris. I think if want freehold, Ris Grandeur is a better choice. Anyway, may be poeple who work in Changi Airport like that place? Most likely not speculators buying loh.
    yah, good rental for air stewardess
    thou dont think many ppl like to rent their place to them..

Quote Originally Posted by Douk
    yah, good rental for air stewardess
    thou dont think many ppl like to rent their place to them..
    ? Care to share why?

The place is quite remote for Gale, but if you drive and work around Changi or Expo area could be quite a good choice. Furthermore, the future race track is there too, maybe buyers thought there's market potential later when the track is ready. Too bad I work in Jurong, otherwise may consider since is a FH.

yah please enlighten, why alot of pple dun like to rent to air stewardess? I thought they won't be around most of the time, so won't mess up or spoil your furniture?

Quote Originally Posted by shespawn
    yah please enlighten, why alot of pple dun like to rent to air stewardess? I thought they won't be around most of the time, so won't mess up or spoil your furniture?
    Actually they did mess up the place. i am saying this based on small sample size (from my circle of friends). but even my friend who is with SIA agrees.

Not all SYT who looks neat and clean at pubs are as neat and clean at home.