Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: East Coast Residence

Default East Coast Residence

Hi all,

Any views on East Coast Residence at the Bayshore area? Mainly residential within walking distance to the East Coast Park jetty area. Heard most units selling out especially the penthouse and the quieter ground units.

Last i was looking there developer was offering 718,888 package for 2 bedder. my take is if you like 'boutique' projects just pick the one that suits your needs best as there are so many of them. (similar)

I almost bought a penthouse there but in the end another buyer bought it before i could ...

ended up i bought an unit at The Verte

that looks like a nice project too. Congrats!

With the East Coast Park Upgrading mainly around the renovated Bedok jetty, Mana Mana Club etc.. might make the bayshore area more liveable. East Coast Residence probably has some advantage in terms of being a Freehold as well.

Default 2 bedrm

i was also checking the 2 bedrm, due to the optimizm, price has suddenly gone up a lot. was quoted 860k for the 2 bedroom, at ~ 900 psf..

has anyone heard of idyllic east ?. how is that projt ??

that is an absurd price compared to what it was 3 weeks ago. Not even subsale, are the developers thinking project can appreciate to 1000psf?! Not to worry my friend, when a lot of projects top next year, developer might soften remaining units.

Anyone knows if they are still penthouse available? I guess the PSF should be cheaper for those units right?

Unfortunately, market sentiment has changed since Mar'09 this year. Even the Gale at Pasir Ris is selling at >$700psf!! Marine Parade area like Parc Seabreeze and Silversea is now >$1300psf-1500psf!! ( Most people bought their units at EC Residence at >$1000 psf last year. Breeze by the east also selling at around $1000 psf with not as good finishing.

Default price for east coast residence

what should be a good or decent price for east coast residence...now at 930 pSF. how was it like few months back , or first launched.

Quote Originally Posted by marktkt22
    what should be a good or decent price for east coast residence...now at 930 pSF. how was it like few months back , or first launched.
    If i remember correctly, first launch around 1k++ psf.
    But think sales no good. Later was re-launched at 818k for selected 3 bedr units some months back. The orientation of the units are either East or West facing.

agree with Ken, when I was looking last month, had 718,888 package for 2 bedder.

Quote Originally Posted by marktkt22
    Most prices have gone up slowly.. like Esta, Amber One.. you can take a wait and see approach.. but no one knows whether it will keep going up or down.

At least you are better off than those who bought East Coast Residences at $1300psf last May

SkatePark among new facilities at East Coast Park after makeover

New haunt for extreme sports lovers
    Tessa Wong, Straits Times 10 Jul 09;

EAST Coast Park is giving lovers of extreme sports a good reason to be there.

Its $7.6 million Xtreme SkatePark for skateboarders, inline skaters and BMX bikers is now open. It occupies a space the size of 21/2 football fields.

The makeover of what is perhaps Singapore's most famous stretch of beach is almost complete with this development.

The park, sited near Carpark F1 between the food village and the Bedok Jetty, has three international standard courses designed by Australians:

# A street course with street obstacles such as stairs, handrails and ledges;

# A combo bowl with varying depths; and

# A 3.6m-deep vertical bowl for advanced-level skaters and bikers to show off their tricks.

The park will host its first extreme sports competition on Aug 29 and 30 - the Singapore Xtreme Championship.

The major sprucing up of the 35-year-old East Coast Park began in 2005. The National Parks Board (NParks), with a $160 million budget, divided its 185ha into several zones for various groups of users of the park, such as families, diners and sports enthusiasts.

In the vicinity of the SkatePark, NParks has created a cable-ski facility and a beach club that offers diving courses and weekend sailing classes. A beach volleyball facility is also a possibility.

Elsewhere in East Coast Park, NParks has created a bougainvillea garden, a seafood centre and a playing field.

These are on top of infrastructural improvements such as converting bare spots on the coastline into sandy beach, the upgrading of Bedok Jetty and park amenities, and the relocating of boat storage areas.

Some ideas mooted in 2005 were nixed after the public was consulted.

One of these was a tram system, which got the thumbs-down from park-goers, especially joggers, who felt it would get in their way.

Multi-storey carparks were also rejected. Park-goers said they would mar the park's low-rise ambience.

What's next in the upgrading programme: The conversion of a former golf driving range into an open field, expected to be completed by the end of the year.

NParks' director of parks Kong Yit San said the next round of improvement works is slated for 2015.

These upgrading efforts will ensure that the park keeps its position as a top lifestyle destination for Singaporeans and tourists alike.

Mr Kong said: 'The vision for East Coast Park is that at the end of the day, when people think of recreation...outdoor active sports or wellness, they will think of East Coast Park.

'And when they come here, they will have a nice space to really pursue their sporting lifestyle.'

Default Thanks for the feedback

Thanks to all for the feedback, so I prob sit and wait until this craze is over..

My kids love extremme sports, I just bought one unit there, price is not cheap now a days but we really enjoy the east coast park, we can hardly wait to move in .

They have relocated the sales galery to Telok Kurau Lor N since they have started the construction already.

Quote Originally Posted by eoc
    My kids love extremme sports, I just bought one unit there, price is not cheap now a days but we really enjoy the east coast park, we can hardly wait to move in .

They have relocated the sales galery to Telok Kurau Lor N since they have started the construction already.
    Cool, congrats. I saw the 818k units while it was on offer b4 the craze. didn't buy though, at tat time the showflat was at Lor M not N.

Hi guys,

New to the forum. My family and I love the area too!! We have just bought an unit there as well. Even though the price is high now, we are expecting it to go even higher in the medium and long term.

The back gate leads to bayshore road with short walk to tunnel across ECP to the park. You can find good foodie at the right with the Lagoon Food Village and East Coast Seafood Center; right in front there is the big open field for a game of freebies, soccer or let the kids roam; turn left and you can do fishing or just relax at the jetty in the evening, enjoying the cooling seabreeze. I'm also looking forward to going back to my windsurfing days with Mana Mana nearby.

The pool is 30m, not olympic size but close, at least not 20m and there's no need to squeeze with 3-4 hundred households. Surprising, the banker who is helping us with the loan mentioned that there are quite a few families there where the wife is working as SQ stewardess - a quick turn down bayshore road into ECP and you are 5 min to the airport. Can report timely for flight

Hopefully, the Eastern MRT line will be built closer (not too close), and it looks like it will be around the bayshore area so far. But that's still some way to go. I need to check out the nursery school across the road, maybe can put my 1 year old son there next time. We wanted to get the ground floor corner unit at the end with the garden, unfortunately it has been taken. Really keen to have my own designed garden. But's it ok, we are happy with what we got.

Overall, the environment is great. It's not so "messy" with cramped roads, cars or lorry parked by the side of road, market, pubs, foreign workers, office buildings with large volume of people rushing by, factory etc.

That's all for the review. Cheers!

Quote Originally Posted by LadyJ

The pool is 30m, not olympic size but close, at least not 20m and there's no need to squeeze with 3-4 hundred households. Surprising, the banker who is helping us with the loan mentioned that there are quite a few families there where the wife is working as SQ stewardess - a quick turn down bayshore road into ECP and you are 5 min to the airport. Can report timely for flight
    Hmmmm. The pool view must be quite good with so many pretty air stewardess staying there?!

Quote Originally Posted by Easting
    Hmmmm. The pool view must be quite good with so many pretty air stewardess staying there?!
    Air Stewardess = Pretty???

Once I was the last few folks going out of the plane.. while walking past some flight stewardess.. I overheard them swearing CCB..KKN.. wahlau..

Quote Originally Posted by WolleyDragon
    Air Stewardess = Pretty???

Once I was the last few folks going out of the plane.. while walking past some flight stewardess.. I overheard them swearing CCB..KKN.. wahlau..
    You see the smoking chain gang at T3 passenger pick up point exit just outside the SQ crew office.

I thought SQ had strict rules about how they carry themselves when donning the SQ kebaya?

Quote Originally Posted by sabian
    You see the smoking chain gang at T3 passenger pick up point exit just outside the SQ crew office.

I thought SQ had strict rules about how they carry themselves when donning the SQ kebaya?
    Haha.. don't think so..

It was during my studies overseas.. reached my destination in Australia (after holidays in SGP).. was the last to leave as no mood to rush out of the plane.. was surprised by how they spoke.. maybe they think it's alright as no one understands chao chee bye in australia.. haha

KNN..

Quote Originally Posted by WolleyDragon
    Haha.. don't think so..

It was during my studies overseas.. reached my destination in Australia (after holidays in SGP).. was the last to leave as no mood to rush out of the plane.. was surprised by how they spoke.. maybe they think it's alright as no one understands chao chee bye in australia.. haha

KNN..
    They must be pretty pissed off with some of the passengers. I can imagine you need to be nice and courteous all the time even when passengers are in the wrong or scold you for unreasonable stuff. I probably need a punching bag at the kitchen area to vent my frustration if i am working on this job. haha.

Cabin crew are human beings too, need to vent their frustrations sometimes what. You dunno how difficult and unreasonable some passengers can be.

Quote Originally Posted by venus
    Cabin crew are human beings too, need to vent their frustrations sometimes what. You dunno how difficult and unreasonable some passengers can be.
    But in uniform, also must restrain a bit.

anyone know how this is doing?

Almost sold out except for penthouse units

Still one penthouse left

Quote Originally Posted by eoc
    Still one penthouse left
    so hot huh?

Still remember good old days in Dec 08 these fellas were offering me a penthouse unit for $6XXpsf. how much is it now?