Page 12 of 35 FirstFirst ... 27891011121314151617222732 ... LastLast

Thread: Optima (D16, 99 years leasehold, TID <Hong Leong / Mitsui Fudosan>)

Quote Originally Posted by qianfugui
    I don't want to sound negative here !! Paying for PES meaning your absolute quantum is more $$$ no doubt your overall psf is lower when compared to 2nd floor without the PES. Eventually when (if) you sell, will the next buyer be willing to pay for extra $$$ for the PES area, taking note most buyers take note of the Liveable areas (internal sq ft). This is not a landed property , some more it is not FH. Even freehold ground floor with PES may not find buyers willing to pay for the PES. Why ? - PES is considered "common" area no doubt it is fenced.
    Yeah i know most ppl hv the same mentality as you.

Firstly PES is not "common" area, it belongs to me. Other residents hv no access. I can do whatever i want to it, put all my barang barang there but other residents can't.

I'm buying for own stay so not too concerned with the selling part for now. Besides i'm sure there are ppl who do appreciate patio units like me, u see DBR all ground units sold out? Nowadays units are getting smaller and smaller, I like my kids to hv more space to run around rather than "trapped" in a "bird cage". Did consider landed but i'm very greedy, i want condo facilities and 24hrs security as well, so best of both world lor.

Finally, these days do ppl still think FH better than LH?? I say it's LOCATION LOCATION LOCATION. Years back when i bought a 99LH, my friends were boosting to me they got their FH units cheaper than mine. But now, my LH value has almost doubled but theirs? still stagnant at the original purchase price. I rest my case

Quote Originally Posted by venus

Firstly PES is not "common" area, it belongs to me. Other residents hv no access. I can do whatever i want to it, put all my barang barang there but other residents can't.

I'm buying for own stay so not too concerned with the selling part for now. Besides i'm sure there are ppl who do appreciate patio units like me, u see DBR all ground units sold out? Nowadays units are getting smaller and smaller, I like my kids to hv more space to run around rather than "trapped" in a "bird cage". Did consider landed but i'm very greedy, i want condo facilities and 24hrs security as well, so best of both world lor.

Finally, these days do ppl still think FH better than LH?? I say it's LOCATION LOCATION LOCATION. Years back when i bought a 99LH, my friends were boosting to me they got their FH units cheaper than mine. But now, my LH value has almost doubled but theirs? still stagnant at the original purchase price. I rest my case
    I dun know whether you have stayed in landed or low floors before. One problem is mosquito. Just curious, why do you think Tanah Merah a very good location? Why not WFK or other projects in the East? Why not Casa Merah?
    Last edited by jitkiat; 03-08-09 at 14:25.

Yes after all the works the car may look as gd as new but the engine is still old and weary. Ok...what if the cost of 2nd car plus all the fancy stuff come up to be the same as a brand new car with original nice interior, which one will u choose? when u choose your wife it's about the whole package rite? u must like her personality, her looks and everything abt her. Unless u are one of those guys who will make their wives go for plastic surgery so she will look exactly how they want her to look.

Haha...just ignore me....talking nonsense. must be due to PMS.
    I think you just made my point. When I choose wife, I look at the complete package. But I will still choose her if I dun like her clothes and dresses. Because I know that I can help her change her wardrobe, which no doubt will cost a bit.

What I meant is that there is no perfect condo (at least for me). But at least the important factors should be the things that I can't change (ie. location, floor, external, facilities, etc..). Nice internal furnishing is a bonus, but if it is not ideal, just treat it as a chance to change everything to your liking..

Smile

I dun know whether you have stayed in landed or low floors before. One problem is mosquito.

My 1st home was also a ground flr unit. Didnt hv mozzies problem, but had cockroaches which i hate. That was bcos the rubbish collection pt was just right next to my yard! We didnt realise that until we moved in. Not only that every morning when they came to collect the rubbish....so noisy and smelly.

Just curious, why do you think Tanah Merah a very good location?

Nice quiet neighbourhood...laid back... Stayed there for 6 yrs and hv fond memories with that plc. miss my late nite supper....prata.

Why not WFK or other projects in the East? Why not Casa Merah?

If u hv read my previous post:
    1) WFK quoted 700-850psf, optima 61Xpsf and got mrt, u choose which one? Actually mrt is not the reason why i bought optima as we dun take mrt. More for sentimental reason.
    2) The gale abt 50psf cheaper but location...ahem..u know what i mean rite....(must be diplomatic now as my face has been exposed...hee hee)
    3) Casa merah? dun like the layout, mickey mouse kitchen. Aunitie here does the cooking, so im particular with the functionality. Finishing? shall not comment further otherwise hkching will hv more things to say
    4) DBR. price reasonable and nice facilities. Almost bought a unit there but no offence hor.(i know u r 1 of the owners) ..my other half doesnt like the MSCP and communal rubbish chutes. by the way u mentioned u dun like dark color finishing. DBR 3br and below all dark brown color leh and kitchen aiyoh bright orange

Sorry that you may not see my point about paying extra $$$ for PES in a Condo. If the PES area is too big say 25% of your total sq f, it become a critical factor in later selling. I have friends who own LH and FH Condo with big PES. It becomes a big factor when they later decide to sell their unit as those buyers do not want to pay for the non-living areas.

Quote Originally Posted by hkching
    I think you just made my point. When I choose wife, I look at the complete package. But I will still choose her if I dun like her clothes and dresses. Because I know that I can help her change her wardrobe, which no doubt will cost a bit.

What I meant is that there is no perfect condo (at least for me). But at least the important factors should be the things that I can't change (ie. location, floor, external, facilities, etc..). Nice internal furnishing is a bonus, but if it is not ideal, just treat it as a chance to change everything to your liking..
    If a woman is langar, no matter how she dresses up in designer labels still cannot beat a young pretty girl in simple tank top and shorts. right guys? when u look at women (when wives not around) do u look at their beautiful face or what designer outfit they are wearing?

True lah not easy to hv everything perfect. At least optima satisfies most of my requirements ie location, accessibility, layout, pricing..plus a bonus (finishing suits my taste...so hyatt)

Quote Originally Posted by jitkiat
    I dun know whether you have stayed in landed or low floors before. One problem is mosquito. Just curious, why do you think Tanah Merah a very good location? Why not WFK or other projects in the East? Why not Casa Merah?

For groundfloor PES unit, my 2 cents worth & feedback below :-

1) you are paying for the excess space. Your next buyer will not appreciate and may not pay the extra area unless it is "Ang Moh", they like pation & mini-garden to drink red wine in the patio.

2) being the ground floor unit, you are vulnerable to things dropping down from the higher floor. There was an incident in which my friend head was nearly hit when a miniature plant fell from a higher floor resident.

3) when it rains, the ground floor unit gets all the dirty rain water from your friend above (provides you install a automatic canopy or rain shutter)

4) everyone who walks pass your unit, human tendancy to peep or glance into your unit ==> no privacy

5) people who smoke on the higher floor tend to flick their ashes down.

6) your clothes left in the open to air or sun, tend to get stain by foreign objects flying down upstairs

Quote Originally Posted by qianfugui
    Sorry that you may not see my point about paying extra $$$ for PES in a Condo. If the PES area is too big say 25% of your total sq f, it become a critical factor in later selling. I have friends who own LH and FH Condo with big PES. It becomes a big factor when they later decide to sell their unit as those buyers do not want to pay for the non-living areas.
    I get your point. IF the buyer is not willing to pay for PES then they won't even look at it in the 1st plc rite? If they actually go and view a PES unit they must be interested, perhaps they are just using that as an excuse to bargain. I hv seen enuf of such buyers, they come view your unit and complain this complain that then ask to lower the price.

I hv given my piece on why i like pes unit, it's a personal lifestyle preference. I'm not seeking approval from anyone here, or asking anyone to share the same view as me. If i really hv to sell at a loss in the future so be it.

1) you are paying for the excess space. Your next buyer will not appreciate and may not pay the extra area unless it is "Ang Moh", they like pation & mini-garden to drink red wine in the patio.

Ans can be found in my previous post.

2) being the ground floor unit, you are vulnerable to things dropping down from the higher floor. There was an incident in which my friend head was nearly hit when a miniature plant fell from a higher floor resident.

3) when it rains, the ground floor unit gets all the dirty rain water from your friend above (provides you install a automatic canopy or rain shutter

I do intend to install an awning, trellis or something like that.

4) everyone who walks pass your unit, human tendancy to peep or glance into your unit ==> no privacy

I'm ok with that...

5) people who smoke on the higher floor tend to flick their ashes down. h

If i catch the person who does that i will shoot him down.

The nite after we bought the unit my hubby has a nightmare that someone threw the cigerette butt and our pes caught fire. lol

6) your clothes left in the open to air or sun, tend to get stain by foreign objects flying down upstairs

ans same as no 5

........[/quote]

Just curious, why do you think Tanah Merah a very good location?

Nice quiet neighbourhood...laid back... Stayed there for 6 yrs and hv fond memories with that plc. miss my late nite supper....prata.

Bedok simpang.... they got pretty good satay over there too....

I get your point. IF the buyer is not willing to pay for PES then they won't even look at it in the 1st plc rite? If they actually go and view a PES unit they must be interested, perhaps they are just using that as an excuse to bargain. I hv seen enuf of such buyers, they come view your unit and complain this complain that then ask to lower the price.

I hv given my piece on why i like pes unit, it's a personal lifestyle preference. I'm not seeking approval from anyone here, or asking anyone to share the same view as me. If i really hv to sell at a loss in the future so be it.
    Sure as long you do not feel like

Ans can be found in my previous post.

3) when it rains, the ground floor unit gets all the dirty rain water from your friend above (provides you install a automatic canopy or rain shutter

I do intend to install an awning, trellis or something like that.

I'm ok with that...

5) people who smoke on the higher floor tend to flick their ashes down. h

If i catch the person who does that i will shoot him down.

The nite after we bought the unit my hubby has a nightmare that someone threw the cigerette butt and our pes caught fire. lol

ans same as no 5

[/QUOTE]

If the project comes with trellis cover it fine .. if not not too sure if you can erect anything of your own even though it is in your private area. My frens stay in one with huge PES and MA do not allowed anything to be erected after 10 years staying ground floor. Up to now she is not really enjoying the idea of thing thrown from upstair. Worst part is that she still about paying for the PES and not getting a bigger unit for the extra $$$ paid , and buyers not interested in paying for PES

4) DBR. price reasonable and nice facilities. Almost bought a unit there but no offence hor.(i know u r 1 of the owners) ..my other half doesnt like the MSCP and communal rubbish chutes. by the way u mentioned u dun like dark color finishing. DBR 3br and below all dark brown color leh and kitchen aiyoh bright orange
    I agreed with you on point (4) - MSCP & communal rubbish chute very typical HDB features...

If the project comes with trellis cover it fine .. if not not too sure if you can erect anything of your own even though it is in your private area. My frens stay in one with huge PES and MA do not allowed anything to be erected after 10 years staying ground floor. Up to now she is not really enjoying the idea of thing thrown from upstair. Worst part is that she still about paying for the PES and not getting a bigger unit for the extra $$$ paid , and buyers not interested in paying for PES
    I have got neighbors that claimed that the developer has given them agreement to erect the awning like structure to shield against flying objects falling from above. But eventually when the MCST took over, they demanded these structures to be dismantled as it contravenes the building regulations act.... blah... blah... blah....

If the project comes with trellis cover it fine .. if not not too sure if you can erect anything of your own even though it is in your private area. My frens stay in one with huge PES and MA do not allowed anything to be erected after 10 years staying ground floor. Up to now she is not really enjoying the idea of thing thrown from upstair. Worst part is that she still about paying for the PES and not getting a bigger unit for the extra $$$ paid , and buyers not interested in paying for PES [/QUOTE]

May i know which condo is that?

Quote Originally Posted by kEN9170
    I agreed with you on point (4) - MSCP & communal rubbish chute very typical HDB features...
    I won't even touch HDB with communal rubbish chute and would probably even go for older resale units with my own chute coz I believe in being able to throw rubbish at my own convenience.....

May i know which condo is that?[/quote]

Hi Venus, not sure you read the last Sat (1 Aug) Straits Times Special Report - It's my condo....

There is one section that mentioned abt The Tropica in Tampines.

This is the extract :
    In recent years, residents of ground-floor units have erected trellises over their patios, citing safety concerns about litter dropped from higher floors. But this worried second-floor residents who felt the trellises could help intruders break into their units. According to chairman Kenny Khoo, the management council found the trellises could be deemed to breach biulding guidelines. But rather than force the removal of trellises immediately, the council set up a Q&A session last week with a lawyer present, allowing residents to have their questions addressed.

May i know which condo is that?
    Hi Venus, not sure you read the last Sat (1 Aug) Straits Times Special Report - It's my condo....

This is the extract :
    In recent years, residents of ground-floor units have erected trellises over their patios, citing safety concerns about litter dropped from higher floors. But this worried second-floor residents who felt the trellises could help intruders break into their units. According to chairman Kenny Khoo, the management council found the trellises could be deemed to breach biulding guidelines. But rather than force the removal of trellises immediately, the council set up a Q&A session last week with a lawyer present, allowing residents to have their questions addressed.[/QUOTE]

yes i read that article. My present condo has no problem with ground units installing awnings.

May i know which condo is that?[/quote]

look thru your Sales & Purchase agreement.. specifically no self erection of structures allowed.

Think the main reason is that being a condo environment, all structures should have uniform erections (I somehow seem to repeat this word).. else you'll have tom with his gazebo in PES while Ah Seng with his own pagoda.. complete madness & eyesore everywhere.

Some MC is very flexible with this....hope you can install the trellises.
    Like the pics you posted. Nice!

This is the extract :
    In recent years, residents of ground-floor units have erected trellises over their patios, citing safety concerns about litter dropped from higher floors. But this worried second-floor residents who felt the trellises could help intruders break into their units. According to chairman Kenny Khoo, the management council found the trellises could be deemed to breach biulding guidelines. But rather than force the removal of trellises immediately, the council set up a Q&A session last week with a lawyer present, allowing residents to have their questions addressed.
    yes i read that article. My present condo has no problem with ground units installing awnings.[/quote]

yes i read that article. My present condo has no problem with ground units installing awnings.
    Most prob all the folks living on the 2nd floor don't see this as an issue threatening the security, that's why they didn't bother the management and in return, the management also didn't bother u....

Hi all,

At the end of the day, it is all about personal choice, so I reckon there is no point trying to negate Venus's decision to opt for a PES unit. Let us be more gracious and be more positive here yeap, since there is absolutely no need for her to defend her choice to be honest.

Btw, even though I do prefer high floor units myself, I have enjoyed the wonders that an extended PES can bring one; am pretty sure it can be a real lifestyle enhancer if used properly. May you enjoy your PES in a couple years' time Venus. Cheers!

Quote Originally Posted by WolleyDragon
    look thru your Sales & Purchase agreement.. specifically no self erection of structures allowed.

Think the main reason is that being a condo environment, all structures should have uniform erections (I somehow seem to repeat this word).. else you'll have tom with his gazebo in PES while Ah Seng with his own pagoda.. complete madness & eyesore everywhere.
    Apparently it also contravenes some building regulation act.... not sure if the MCST will kena fine or not for allowing such structures to stand...

Quote Originally Posted by wreckwrx
    Apparently it also contravenes some building regulation act.... not sure if the MCST will kena fine or not for allowing such structures to stand...
    yeah, heard that the money people who paid for PES is cheaper to BCA as it's an uncovered area.. if you erect structures to cover your PES, basically got to pay as it's considered a built-in area.. as compared to open area.

Some MC is very flexible with this....hope you can install the trellises.
    Like the pics you posted. Nice!
    Still got few years to TOP...will deal with that when the time comes....relax lah. Anyway appreciate all of you for your feedbacks, pointers, +ve and -ve comments. Pardon me if i may sounded silly sometimes....just some lighthearted exchanges. Dun be so serious leh....

ken: seen all your pics at WFW thread too....nice. u must be an avid photographer. Did u rec my PM?

Still got few years to TOP...will deal with that when the time comes....relax lah. Anyway appreciate all of you for your feedbacks, pointers, +ve and -ve comments. Pardon me if i may sounded silly sometimes....just some lighthearted exchanges. Dun be so serious leh....

ken: seen all your pics at WFW thread too....nice. u must be an avid photographer. Did u rec my PM?
    Congrats on finding an ideal place that meets your requirements! In fact your views are pretty balanced... at least to me...

THANK YOU! Should change your nick to "kindsoul"

Each type of units got their pros and cons. Some ppl may think penthouse is the best. But there is this penthouse unit at my present plc got struck by lightning during a thunderstorm.

Quote Originally Posted by justsoul
    Hi all,

At the end of the day, it is all about personal choice, so I reckon there is no point trying to negate Venus's decision to opt for a PES unit. Let us be more gracious and be more positive here yeap, since there is absolutely no need for her to defend her choice to be honest.

Btw, even though I do prefer high floor units myself, I have enjoyed the wonders that an extended PES can bring one; am pretty sure it can be a real lifestyle enhancer if used properly. May you enjoy your PES in a couple years' time Venus. Cheers!

Hi venus, thanks.
    Fyi, I'm a very lousy photographer. Just keen to take construction progress photos to share with my WFW Crazy family.

Yes received. I have PM you.

when u look at women (when wives not around) do u look at their beautiful face or what designer outfit they are wearing?
    Neither.. I look at somethingS else.. if they are not noticable, then she is invisible..

Quote Originally Posted by SL
    Neither.. I look at somethingS else.. if they are not noticable, then she is invisible..

ok...whichever "parts" u look at....the last thing u will notice is the outfit rite? notti notti