Page 11 of 35 FirstFirst ... 678910111213141516212631 ... LastLast

Thread: Optima (D16, 99 years leasehold, TID <Hong Leong / Mitsui Fudosan>)

Quote Originally Posted by hovivi
    look like bigger units pricing still reasonable, unlike those studios n 2 bedders. The 2 bedders i like, is $900psf, siao.

You went to the showflat? The darker tone finishing is really nice right?

any photos?

Quote Originally Posted by venus

I prefer Waterfront Key finishing ... the white marble option. So far, it is the best among all the projects I have seen including WFW, The Gale, Optima, DBR, Livia. WFK 2br has no planter and IMO it is worth 730+psf. Too bad no MRT till 2016, otherwise would be very tempted to q.

If government want to kill the demand, it is easy. Fisrt 20% & stamp duty must pay cash, no CPF allowed. Increase stamp duty will punish those who are rich as well so not a good solution.

Optima Fully sold............

DBR is near the track with cruising mrt is not as bad as next to mrt station. The braking and moving off sound, doors opening and closing is very irritating, plus the announcements.
    Actually distance to noise source is not a problem as long as you have something in between to absord the sound waves. My existing flat is 350m away from MRT and 400m from PIE but I cannot hear any noise as the noise absorbed by buildings in between.

1. Low floor better than high floor. Because sound waves will be absorbed by tree/soil/fence & more reflection to diffuse it.

2. Multi-storey carpark facing MRT track ... many HDBs/condos near MRT are designed in this way e.g. Central Grove in Aljunied, Eunos Court near Eunos MRT, DBR at Simei

3. Trees/Green Wall/Waterfall/Water features etc will help to further drown/absord sound

The most obvious problem is probably the first MRT in the morning about 5.45-6 am. Other than that, MRT does not operate when u are sleeping anyway.

why you need MRT?!? since you drive... should go and Q...

Quote Originally Posted by jitkiat
    I prefer Waterfront Key finishing ... the white marble option. So far, it is the best among all the projects I have seen including WFW, The Gale, Optima, DBR, Livia. WFK 2br has no planter and IMO it is worth 730+psf. Too bad no MRT till 2016, otherwise would be very tempted to q.

If government want to kill the demand, it is easy. Fisrt 20% & stamp duty must pay cash, no CPF allowed. Increase stamp duty will punish those who are rich as well so not a good solution.

Actually distance to noise source is not a problem as long as you have something in between to absord the sound waves. My existing flat is 350m away from MRT and 400m from PIE but I cannot hear any noise as the noise absorbed by buildings in between.

1. Low floor better than high floor. Because sound waves will be absorbed by tree/soil/fence & more reflection to diffuse it.

2. Multi-storey carpark facing MRT track ... many HDBs/condos near MRT are designed in this way e.g. Central Grove in Aljunied, Eunos Court near Eunos MRT, DBR at Simei

3. Trees/Green Wall/Waterfall/Water features etc will help to further drown/absord sound

The most obvious problem is probably the first MRT in the morning about 5.45-6 am. Other than that, MRT does not operate when u are sleeping anyway.
    Not so le. Used to stay on 4th floor HDB at Bedok North about 500m from Tanah Merah MRT Stn & Track and still hear the noise throughout the day.

Only option will be to closed the Windows and "On" aircon whole day.

I hv seen all the above too and so far optima's finishing is the only one that really caught my attention. Color combinations and texture very unique. WFK white option is too plain and boring. The wall, floor, sink, toilet bowl, shower everything white no contrast at all. Actually the master toilet looks exactly the same as my current plc which is already 4 years old...design so outdated. The agent still can tell me i cant find this kind of finishing anywhere else...not even 5 star hotel. Obviously he has nvr chkd into a 5star hotel b4.

Did u see the floor and wall tiles in the common bath at optima? Does it remind u of something? not unique enuf for u?

i visited some condos at simei, when i stand at the swimming pool, the whole place is like air-plane landing when the train is passing by.... very noisy...

Quote Originally Posted by sleek
    Not so le. Used to stay on 4th floor HDB at Bedok North about 500m from Tanah Merah MRT Stn & Track and still hear the noise throughout the day.

did you hav any photo of the Optima showflat? no chance to see it...

yeah, white marble is not my cup of tea, i dont like... looks outdated...

I hv seen all the above too and so far optima's finishing is the only one that really caught my attention. Color combinations and texture very unique. WFK white option is too plain and boring. The wall, floor, sink, toilet bowl, shower everything white no contrast at all. Actually the master toilet looks exactly the same as my current plc which is already 4 years old...design so outdated. The agent still can tell me i cant find this kind of finishing anywhere else...not even 5 star hotel. Obviously he has nvr chkd into a 5star hotel b4.

Did u see the floor and wall tiles in the common bath at optima? Does it remind u of something? not unique enuf for u?

Quote Originally Posted by sleek

That is because you don't have something in between to absorb the sound. Ok, you come to Simei, you go to the back of Eastpoint shopping centre, do you notice any MRT sound? At the back of Easpoint is only 200m from MRT. It is the same with expressway like PIE/ECP, if unblocked, 500m away high floor also noisy, if blocked, even 300m cannot hear.

That is because you don't have something in between to absorb the sound. Ok, you come to Simei, you go to the back of Eastpoint shopping centre, do you notice any MRT sound? At the back of Easpoint is only 200m from MRT. It is the same with expressway like PIE/ECP, if unblocked, 500m away high floor also noisy, if blocked, even 300m cannot hear.
    Think there are no less than 5 HDB blocks between the unit and MRT track, but perhaps not all the MRT track are blocked then. Btw, will you want to stare at a MSCP or another block of flat?

Quote Originally Posted by noblebaby
    i visited some condos at simei, when i stand at the swimming pool, the whole place is like air-plane landing when the train is passing by.... very noisy...
    Modena/TSpring design got one big problem. It is a U-shape (i.e. the opening of U is towards the MRT track. So all the MRT noise enters via the U opening and reflect within the U. You can take a lift, go up to HDB block 227 opposite TSpring. The sound level will be only 10% of that you hear in TSpring as all the sound is absorbed by Modena/T.Spring. And my friend stay right in the middle in Simei Green, he say he does not notice MRT sound at all.
    Last edited by jitkiat; 02-08-09 at 22:31.

Optima is about 50m from the track i think and noise is going to be loud bcos nothing in between..

For those that is familiar with the area, mrt noise is 50%.. the other 50% is the busy road, esp in the early morning, many buses fetch workers to changi biz park, bedok industrial areas, etc.. those are very noisy, and when they wait, and others impatient, honking become very common..

Quote Originally Posted by noblebaby
    why you need MRT?!? since you drive... should go and Q...
    I don't drive. I have decided 10 years ago that car is a big liability in Singapore. The cost of driving is 400k for owning 3 cars in your life time if you factor in bank loan, petrol, insurance, road tax, ERP. And I expect cost of driving will go up significantly once all the MRT network is up.
    Last edited by jitkiat; 02-08-09 at 22:45.

jitkiat: so what do u think of the optima's common bathroom tiles? what does it look like?

jitkiat: so what do u think of the optima's common bathroom tiles? what does it look like?
    If I remember it is black in color ... hmm ... I don't like black. And I don't have a peaceful feeling when looking at Master bedroom marble in Optima. I guess it is up to personal preference in terms of finishing as I prefer something simple.

If I remember it is black in color ... hmm ... I don't like black. And I don't have a peaceful feeling when looking at Master bedroom marble in Optima. I guess it is up to personal preference in terms of finishing as I prefer something simple.
    It's not black. It's dark brown with mock leather look....

Was very crowded so only managed to snap a few pic using my mobile.
    Attached Images Attached Images

The 2nd pic actual color tone is lighter. Dunno why the pic turned out so dark...

I actually quite confused why buyer are very particular about the furnishing. If you really dun like the finishing, you can always change it right? For example, you can just re-laminate the whole furnishing to suit your preference. And I think it wun cost more than $10k. But what is 10k if you are buying a condo for more than $1m right? Would you select your second choice condo just because it is $10k cheaper?

I dun mean it in a confrontation way.... Just wanted to understand the thought process...

Quote Originally Posted by hkching
    I actually quite confused why buyer are very particular about the furnishing. If you really dun like the finishing, you can always change it right? For example, you can just re-laminate the whole furnishing to suit your preference. And I think it wun cost more than $10k. But what is 10k if you are buying a condo for more than $1m right? Would you select your second choice condo just because it is $10k cheaper?

I dun mean it in a confrontation way.... Just wanted to understand the thought process...
    Of course location and layout come 1st lah. If the finishings are nice all the better lor. Don't forget the $1m u paid includes all these stuff. U paid for them and they are brand new. Just bcos u dun like them u gonna tear everything down and redo? Of course if u are very rich and no where else to spend your money then i got nothing to say. For me i'm not so rich, i paid more than a mil bucks for something i better make sure it worth my money. Just like if u pay hundreds of thousands for a nice new beemer u want to choose the body color, leather color. etc rite? You don't just take whatever the salesman give you and after that u realise u don't like the color u spend money to spraypaint it or change the whole leather seats eventhough it won't cost u a lot of money to do that.

And it's not just about money. It's not environmental friendly too.

Was very crowded so only managed to snap a few pic using my mobile.
    Are you the lady in the mirror?

Quote Originally Posted by Property_Owner
    Are you the lady in the mirror?
    oops...

Last heard, 100% sold.

. Just like if u pay hundreds of thousands for a nice new beemer u want to choose the body color, leather color. etc rite? You don't just take whatever the salesman give you and after that u realise u don't like the color u spend money to spraypaint it or change the whole leather seats eventhough it won't cost u a lot of money to do that.

And it's not just about money. It's not environmental friendly too.
    I would buy a 2nd hand car, the most chialat color, the most chialat interior - it will be priced far cheaper than the other 'close to new' - then bring it for respray, reupholster to italian leather, maybe convert the iDrive to play DVDs/PS3/Nav. The sum i save will still be more than what it costs for 'close to new', and definitely a lot more than brand new. But that's juz me

Default Ground Floor with PES (LH)

Mine with pes thats why lower psf. I did my homework. The recent transactions for pes units at casa merah already $653psf - $700psf. The lower range one has very bad facing as in no pool view facing tennis court, or fence or afternoon sun. $700psf one facing some water feature but not the main pool. My unit at optima is pool facing with no afternoon sun and still cheaper. On top of it the finishing is really nice much better quality.

I also went to waterfront key and the gale. The gale is cheaper around $560 to $580psf but so ulu. Waterfront key even more expensive. Was quoted $700psf for pool facing and $800++psf for reservoir facing...well in my case ground unit will be road facing.

I think it was a gd buy for me but really cant say the same for those paying 900-1000psf for a pigeon hole. esp those facing the mrt stn. Good luck to those guys....
    I don't want to sound negative here !! Paying for PES meaning your absolute quantum is more $$$ no doubt your overall psf is lower when compared to 2nd floor without the PES. Eventually when (if) you sell, will the next buyer be willing to pay for extra $$$ for the PES area, taking note most buyers take note of the Liveable areas (internal sq ft). This is not a landed property , some more it is not FH. Even freehold ground floor with PES may not find buyers willing to pay for the PES. Why ? - PES is considered "common" area no doubt it is fenced.

Quote Originally Posted by gfoo
    I would buy a 2nd hand car, the most chialat color, the most chialat interior - it will be priced far cheaper than the other 'close to new' - then bring it for respray, reupholster to italian leather, maybe convert the iDrive to play DVDs/PS3/Nav. The sum i save will still be more than what it costs for 'close to new', and definitely a lot more than brand new. But that's juz me

Yes after all the works the car may look as gd as new but the engine is still old and weary. Ok...what if the cost of 2nd car plus all the fancy stuff come up to be the same as a brand new car with original nice interior, which one will u choose? when u choose your wife it's about the whole package rite? u must like her personality, her looks and everything abt her. Unless u are one of those guys who will make their wives go for plastic surgery so she will look exactly how they want her to look.

Haha...just ignore me....talking nonsense. must be due to PMS.

Yes after all the works the car may look as gd as new but the engine is still old and weary. Ok...what if the cost of 2nd car plus all the fancy stuff come up to be the same as a brand new car with original nice interior, which one will u choose? when u choose your wife it's about the whole package rite? u must like her personality, her looks and everything abt her. Unless u are one of those guys who will make their wives go for plastic surgery so she will look exactly how they want her to look.

Haha...just ignore me....talking nonsense. must be due to PMS.
    notti girl, dun give me ideas leh. lol

Quote Originally Posted by gfoo
    notti girl, dun give me ideas leh. lol
    haha...your wife needs "refurbishing"? just get a new "car" lah....everything original. hee hee