Page 7 of 35 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111217222732 ... LastLast

Thread: Optima (D16, 99 years leasehold, TID <Hong Leong / Mitsui Fudosan>)

still have another plot on the other side of the commercial plot.

optima is sitting on 1 of the 3 plots.

Quote Originally Posted by sabian

someone told me there is going to be a mall next to optima. but since optima's launch never say a word abt it, think it will not happen in next 10 years.

and with plots still available, relax abit lah

Center will be shopping mall. On the other far side, will be another condo.

Quote Originally Posted by cndomay
    developer claimed this is the last piece of land next to tanah merah mrt for condo, so miss this chance and regret. ( anyone can confirm this is correct? )

having known that there are people willing to queue for days to book a unit, what will the developer do? they will be fools if they don't capitalise on the 'pent up demand'

Quote Originally Posted by sabian

I suspect so too, check out the master plan 2008, you be able to see that the middle site is for commercial while both sites next to it is meant for residential.

http://www.ura.gov.sg/mp08/map.jsf?goToRegion=SIN

"At another suburban condo, Optima, located next to the Tanah Merah MRT station, more than 40 people lined up yesterday afternoon to stake claim on the 297 units for sale, even before the showflat opens on Friday.

Many of those in the Optima queue were property agents holding places for their clients with blank cheques in hand.

However, some in the queue were possibly property agents lining up with a view to buying properties for their own investment purposes.

Pricing for the 99-year leasehold project has not even been finalised, according to developer TID, a tie-up between Hong Leong Group and Japan's Mitsui Fudosan.

Agents estimate that prices will be about $750 to $850 psf, with two-bedroom units going for about $600,000 to $700,000 and three-bedroom units from $700,000 to over $800,000.

They say buyers are so keen on the units that they have submitted blank cheques for them to fill in the amounts once the price list is available - a fairly common tactic in a boom market, and one that has resurfaced in recent weeks.

TID was alerted to the existence of the queue at about 5pm yesterday. At 10pm last night, TID representatives told those in the queue to go home, saying that the queue would not be recognised. The queue soon dispersed.

'We're not going to sell anything until Friday,' a Hong Leong spokesman had said earlier. A preview would be held for Hong Leong and TID staff on Thursday.

Last week, Hong Leong said in a press release that more than 1,000 inquiries have come in for Optima, which it said was 'the last condominium site available in the vicinity' of the Tanah Merah area."

The more I read this, the more I think TID self-directed the whole episode, from the 1000 enquiries press release last week to the dispersing of the queue yesterday night hee. I find this really amusing.

they have to capitalised this possible the last launch of the area to capture buyer with last burst of fire before the 7th month .... ....
    Quote Originally Posted by bargain hunter
    "At another suburban condo, Optima, located next to the Tanah Merah MRT station, more than 40 people lined up yesterday afternoon to stake claim on the 297 units for sale, even before the showflat opens on Friday.

Many of those in the Optima queue were property agents holding places for their clients with blank cheques in hand.

However, some in the queue were possibly property agents lining up with a view to buying properties for their own investment purposes.

Pricing for the 99-year leasehold project has not even been finalised, according to developer TID, a tie-up between Hong Leong Group and Japan's Mitsui Fudosan.

Agents estimate that prices will be about $750 to $850 psf, with two-bedroom units going for about $600,000 to $700,000 and three-bedroom units from $700,000 to over $800,000.

They say buyers are so keen on the units that they have submitted blank cheques for them to fill in the amounts once the price list is available - a fairly common tactic in a boom market, and one that has resurfaced in recent weeks.

TID was alerted to the existence of the queue at about 5pm yesterday. At 10pm last night, TID representatives told those in the queue to go home, saying that the queue would not be recognised. The queue soon dispersed.

'We're not going to sell anything until Friday,' a Hong Leong spokesman had said earlier. A preview would be held for Hong Leong and TID staff on Thursday.

Last week, Hong Leong said in a press release that more than 1,000 inquiries have come in for Optima, which it said was 'the last condominium site available in the vicinity' of the Tanah Merah area."

The more I read this, the more I think TID self-directed the whole episode, from the 1000 enquiries press release last week to the dispersing of the queue yesterday night hee. I find this really amusing.

Quote Originally Posted by cndomay
    someone told me there is going to be a mall next to optima. but since optima's launch never say a word abt it, think it will not happen in next 10 years.

and with plots still available, relax abit lah
    The rumour about shopping mall has been going on for years and til now still no news at all. Anyway ura can always change the plan again u nvr know. There is already a new mall coming up few km away at bedok, may not be viable to hv another one at TM.

[quote=Daniel_Yee]It does make sense because property prices shoot up when in recession. No one knows how long the recovery is going to take. This is a senseless world. No, Singapore only. The other parts of the world prices still dropping. Haha.
    ----------------
    Prices are still a good 10% to 20% lower than the peak of 2007. Take a look at this report from Bloomberg on the situation in the US. Demand for new housing has also increased. Developers are always trying to push the pricing boundaries and everyone is hoping to cash in on the current buying wave.

Published July 28, 2009

Sharpest rise in US new-home sales in 8 years

June's 11% gain points to housing slump stabilising

(WASHINGTON) Purchases of new homes in the US climbed 11 per cent last month, the biggest gain in eight years, underscoring evidence that the deepest housing slump since the Great Depression is starting to stabilise.

Sales increased to a 384,000 annual pace, higher than any forecast of economists surveyed by Bloomberg News and the most since November, figures from the Commerce Department showed yesterday in Washington. The number of houses on the market dropped to the lowest level in more than a decade.

Falling prices and a drop in mortgage rates have started to lure buyers even as the unemployment rate rises. Economists estimate that the worst US recession in five decades is on the verge of ending as downturns in housing and manufacturing ease.

'We are making some progress in absorbing this huge inventory overhang' and that 'is a fundamental step we need to take to begin to see home prices improve', said Robert Dye, a senior economist at PNC Financial Services Group in Pittsburgh. At the same time, rising joblessness means 'a rebound will be modest at best', he added.

Economists forecast that new home sales would rise to 352,000, according to the median of 62 projections in a Bloomberg News survey. Estimates ranged from 335,000 to 377,000. Commerce revised May's reading up to a 346,000 rate from a previously reported 342,000.

'The data will reinforce the developing thinking that the housing market has bottomed and that the economy has stabilised and will grow in the third quarter,' said Jim Awad, managing director at Zephyr Management in New York.

The median price of a new home decreased 12 per cent to US$206,200 from US$234,300 in June last year. Last month's value compares with US$219,000 in May.

Sales of new homes were down 21 per cent from June last year. They reached a record-low 329,000 in January, down 76 per cent from the July 2005 peak.

The jump in sales last month was led by a 43 per cent surge in the Midwest. Purchases increased 29 per cent in the North-east and 23 per cent in the West. They dropped 5.3 per cent in the South, to the lowest level since January 1991.

Builders had 281,000 houses on the market last month, down 4.1 per cent from May and the fewest since February 1998. The number of unsold properites fell a record 36 per cent from June last year. It would take 8.8 months to sell all homes at the current sales pace, the lowest level since October 2007.

Other reports underscore the stabilisation in housing. The Wells Fargo/National Association of Homebuilders sentiment index has risen in five of the past six months, and existing home sales have increased for three months in a row. -- Bloomberg, Reuters

Quote Originally Posted by venus
    The rumour about shopping mall has been going on for years and til now still no news at all. Anyway ura can always change the plan again u nvr know. There is already a new mall coming up few km away at bedok, may not be viable to hv another one at TM.
    It is not viable to have a mall with just a few condos and landed properties. Even Eastpoint mall @ Simei biz is not that good sometimes. For ppl who stay in TM, Simei or Bedok, they can also go to T3@Changi or Tampines only a few MRT stops away.

Ya lor.. You have to read carefully. Prices in US still dropping mah. 12% last month. Still no recovery. Just that people buy when price is deemed cheap. Must remember, more buyers doesn't mean prices going up. Maybe people think it is damn cheap that is why they buy.

But in Singapore, prices went up like 10-30% in the last 2 months?

[quote=fclim]
    Quote Originally Posted by Daniel_Yee
    It does make sense because property prices shoot up when in recession. No one knows how long the recovery is going to take. This is a senseless world. No, Singapore only. The other parts of the world prices still dropping. Haha.
    ----------------
    Prices are still a good 10% to 20% lower than the peak of 2007. Take a look at this report from Bloomberg on the situation in the US. Demand for new housing has also increased. Developers are always trying to push the pricing boundaries and everyone is hoping to cash in on the current buying wave.

Published July 28, 2009

Sharpest rise in US new-home sales in 8 years

June's 11% gain points to housing slump stabilising

(WASHINGTON) Purchases of new homes in the US climbed 11 per cent last month, the biggest gain in eight years, underscoring evidence that the deepest housing slump since the Great Depression is starting to stabilise.

Some tips. Try looking at project at MRT line EW6. Some good buys.

[quote=Daniel_Yee]Ya lor.. You have to read carefully. Prices in US still dropping mah. 12% last month. Still no recovery. Just that people buy when price is deemed cheap. Must remember, more buyers doesn't mean prices going up. Maybe people think it is damn cheap that is why they buy.

You are right...US 'buy' cos it prices is cheap, just like our prices in Feb and Mar 09.

Now is longer cheap...don't understand why people still keep buying.

Why we can see the different and others can't....

kiasu...monkey see monkey do mah. Let these ppl cheong 1st until the bubble burst. Then that will be the time when clear headed ppl move in for good buy.

[quote=Honesty]
    Quote Originally Posted by Daniel_Yee
    Ya lor.. You have to read carefully. Prices in US still dropping mah. 12% last month. Still no recovery. Just that people buy when price is deemed cheap. Must remember, more buyers doesn't mean prices going up. Maybe people think it is damn cheap that is why they buy.

You are right...US 'buy' cos it prices is cheap, just like our prices in Feb and Mar 09.

Now is longer cheap...don't understand why people still keep buying.

Why we can see the different and others can't....
    i also wonder why too.. maybe they have a crystal ball at home.

[QUOTE=shespawn]
    Quote Originally Posted by Honesty

i also wonder why too.. maybe they have a crystal ball at home.
    I guess people feel that when economy fully recovers then the price will shoot further up.

When we say prices are high now, what are we comparing against? 6 mths ago or 2 year ago, etc...? My feeling is that after the price stablise, a new benchmark price for private property will emerge. Then a few years down the road, it will be normal to pay 900psf for private property any where in Singapore.

kiasu...monkey see monkey do mah. Let these ppl cheong 1st until the bubble burst. Then that will be the time when clear headed ppl move in for good buy.
    There's never a good time to buy.. simply, if you like what you see and can afford it, then take the plunge.

Quote Originally Posted by WolleyDragon
    There's never a good time to buy.. simply, if you like what you see and can afford it, then take the plunge.
    I agree with u that if u like it and afford it just buy.... but not at a ridiculously high price. When I bought my first home 10 yrs back I just bought it cos i liked the plc, could afford it and didn't mind paying a premium. Was young and inexperience then and didn't think too much about future value and things like that. Many years later when I needed to upgrade to a bigger plc I had to sell it at a big loss. It was a very painful lesson.

well, it takes some painful lesson for some of us to wake up ... me too ... bought at high and now still cant sell ... good thing is I cant sell my place now so couldnt be bothered with the property craze that is going on now ....
    I agree with u that if u like it and afford it just buy.... but not at a ridiculously high price. When I bought my first home 10 yrs back I just bought it cos i liked the plc, could afford it and didn't mind paying a premium. Was young and inexperience then and didn't think too much about future value and things like that. Many years later when I needed to upgrade to a bigger plc I had to sell it at a big loss. It was a very painful lesson.

Quote Originally Posted by ipoh72
    well, it takes some painful lesson for some of us to wake up ... me too ... bought at high and now still cant sell ... good thing is I cant sell my place now so couldnt be bothered with the property craze that is going on now ....
    Now property prices so high u should take this opprtunity to sell it rite? As for me I managed to rent out out 2 years. When the lease was up I managed to find a buyer so decided to cut my losses and move on. As it was 99 years and thought the longer I hold the harder too sell later.

So ppl dun learn the hard way like us. The 1st thing we learn about trading is buy low sell high. not buy high and hope it will go higher.

[quote=hkching]
    Quote Originally Posted by shespawn

I guess people feel that when economy fully recovers then the price will shoot further up.

When we say prices are high now, what are we comparing against? 6 mths ago or 2 year ago, etc...? My feeling is that after the price stablise, a new benchmark price for private property will emerge. Then a few years down the road, it will be normal to pay 900psf for private property any where in Singapore.
    I think so too....its like new launch 450psf with a 3 bedroom unit costing around 550k in 2004 will never happen again.

[quote=azeoprop]
    Quote Originally Posted by hkching

I think so too....its like new launch 450psf with a 3 bedroom unit costing around 550k in 2004 will never happen again.
    There is a saying "the current low/peak are always higher than the previous low/peak". Maybe this is true...

[quote=azeoprop]
    Quote Originally Posted by hkching

yah loh, imagine you saved enough to buy during the bad times, and the bad times also commanding 800psf, like saving for something that will never materialise. or just be in longer debt to own it.
    our salary is not increasing every month lah.

Quote Originally Posted by azeoprop

Back in 2006, I was happily comfortable with a budget of abt $700K plus.. and off went to look for a 3 Bdrm FH condo.. (my naivety was using 2003 ~ 2004 prices to gauge my purchase price) when the Agents asked about my budget.. they could only snigger that my amt was not enough at all..

Back then, no forums like this to help share on launches, prices, and condo facilities..

Quote Originally Posted by WolleyDragon
    Back in 2006, I was happily comfortable with a budget of abt $700K plus.. and off went to look for a 3 Bdrm FH condo.. (my naivety was using 2003 ~ 2004 prices to gauge my purchase price) when the Agents asked about my budget.. they could only snigger that my amt was not enough at all..

Back then, no forums like this to help share on launches, prices, and
    condo facilities..
    Yeah now your $700K plus can only buy a 2brrm FH condo 4mnth ago

Default not worth to buy

the price so high rather buy DBR at simei which is better choice in terms of value and money.

mah bow tan said there are signs of speculation in the mkt. He prob heard of the absurb price here and how so many trying to justify it is alright!

Quote Originally Posted by tanumy
    the price so high rather buy DBR at simei which is better choice in terms of value and money.
    Aiya, no use lah, many of these people, cannot afford 3 room @ DBR 830k(1259sqft@660psf) but can afford to buy pigeon hole 2br unit at 630k (700sqft@900psf)

Now property prices so high u should take this opprtunity to sell it rite? As for me I managed to rent out out 2 years. When the lease was up I managed to find a buyer so decided to cut my losses and move on. As it was 99 years and thought the longer I hold the harder too sell later.

So ppl dun learn the hard way like us. The 1st thing we learn about trading is buy low sell high. not buy high and hope it will go higher.
    Beware Buyers!!!!

Below is what the real market we are in:-

"He added that it is uncertain if the buying momentum seen in recent months can be sustained."

"The forecast is still for negative growth this year. Although it's not as negative as it was in the beginning of the year. I think there is still uncertainty... But what is important really is for all of us, all the players in the market, to make sure that the market remains healthy," said Mr Mah.

then ask Mr Mxx priced the toa payoh and simei DBSS lower la, then those new launches around those area wont dare to price high high mah.. DBSS priced high high, condo of course must be higher rite.. common sense !!

Interestingly, if we compared the DBSS Park Central in AMK with Centro, Park Central is priced ~$500psf while Centro is priced ~1150psf. Thats a 650psf difference! Compared to DBSS Parc Lumiere in Simei with DBR, Parc Lumiere is priced ~$425psf while DBR is priced ~$670psf. A narrower price difference of $245psf only. And if we compared DBSS Natural Loft in Bishan with Clover by the Park, Natural Loft is priced ~550psf while Clover by the Park is priced ~750psf. A even narrower price difference of 200psf! Considering purely land cost and building cost, what do u guys tink should be the difference in psf bet a DBSS(99yrs LH) and condo(99yrs LH) in the same vincinity taking into consideration that DBSS interior is similar to condo but with no external facilities like gym, tennis court, pools?