Page 10 of 35 FirstFirst ... 56789101112131415202530 ... LastLast

Thread: Optima (D16, 99 years leasehold, TID <Hong Leong / Mitsui Fudosan>)

Quote Originally Posted by jitkiat
    Nowadays, people seem to have high tolerance level to noise judging from number of number of condos bordering expressway. Or you can say that when they sign options, they are in the showflats so don't realize the noise. After signing S&P, they will just say 'aiya, noise not an issue lah'. Wait till TOP, they will get a shock of their life if they are not used to the noise level.
    once they move in then they will know

Quote Originally Posted by Property_Owner
    You guys see the ways these agents are talking nowadays. so yata papaya!

''optima 2rm face mrt also have takers leh.''
    I was chatting with one ERA agent. I was asking him why HDB upgraders don't buy Casa Merah (almost TOP) at same price or nearby subsale condos like DBR @ 750-800psf instead of paying Optima @ 900psf. Are all of them fools? The agent laughed: "Yah, buy DBR subsale, the diff in price + interest you can buy one car for free. But hoh, these people cannot afford to buy subsale from Casa Merah/DBR bcos they do not have cash. Because you buy subsale, you must pay the seller cash to top up difference btn option price and subsale price. These HDB upgraders, can only afford 5% to pay by cash, 15% & stamp duty using CPF."

No wonder Optima can sell at 900psf. Scary situation. I think the government shold really release more lands in suburbs.. Otherwise very soon, many HDB upgraders will become slaves of bank loan.
    Last edited by jitkiat; 02-08-09 at 11:21.

Sounds like we are going to enter our own sub-prime crisis if something were to derail the improvement of the economy..... So do u think current condo owners should sell now?

I was chatting with one ERA agent. I was asking him why HDB upgraders don't buy Casa Merah (almost TOP) at same price or nearby subsale condos like DBR @ 750-800psf instead of paying Optima @ 900psf. Are all of them fools? The agent laughed: "Yah, buy DBR subsale, the diff in price + interest you can buy one car for free. But hoh, these people cannot afford to buy subsale from Casa Merah/DBR bcos they do not have cash. Because you buy subsale, you must pay the seller cash to top up difference btn option price and subsale price. These HDB upgraders, can only afford 5% to pay by cash, 15% & stamp duty using CPF."

No wonder Optima can sell at 900psf. Scary situation. I think the government shold really release more lands in suburbs.. Otherwise very soon, many HDB upgraders will become slaves of bank loan.

sub-sale condos nearing or at TOP have raised their prices making them unpalatable.

the 5% outlay fro new projects ( dirt low ? ) could be a factor where the property market is feverish ( high ) when the economy is still not well.

Yup, sounds logical ... around the same time as u posted this one, another forumer oso made the same comment (some other thread) ... scary hor ...

The ques is .. even if the govt were to release more land, doesn't nec translate to cheaper land or cheaper launches leh ...

Quote Originally Posted by cheerful
    Yup, sounds logical ... around the same time as u posted this one, another forumer oso made the same comment (some other thread) ... scary hor ...

The ques is .. even if the govt were to release more land, doesn't nec translate to cheaper land or cheaper launches leh ...
    they can release and set watever price they want but if no one buys they will lan lan have to lower price.. until demand picks up again.. end of day is still demand supply qns, see how prices plummet from nov 08 to mar 09? no one was buying ..

So none of u here bought optima ah? Looks like i'm the only fool/sucker/chaitao here

But sorry hor i'm not one of those kiasu ones who went to queue hor. I just heard got balloting so i da yiao da pai walk in ok....

Quote Originally Posted by Honesty
    Metropolitian is also near MRT, and it is so noisy...

Just wonder did the buyers went to metropolitan and listern to to noise before buying those units facing MRT...

Really pray they can make money in the future...

How to sell when buyer come to view your house and it is so noisy...
    Some of the units at Centro is even nearer to MRT stn and line than Metropolitan and people are still paying more than $1000psf for it. They may have higher threshold for noise.

Quote Originally Posted by DC33_2008
    Some of the units at Centro is even nearer to MRT stn and line than Metropolitan and people are still paying more than $1000psf for it. They may have higher threshold for noise.
    Just wonder how do these people watches TV at home...every 3 minutes a train pass-by...some more both side of direction.

This type of places that is so noisy, should be cheaper then the rest...some more paid for sure a high price...

will DBR face the same problem?

Quote Originally Posted by Honesty
    Just wonder how do these people watches TV at home...every 3 minutes a train pass-by...some more both side of direction.

This type of places that is so noisy, should be cheaper then the rest...some more paid for sure a high price...

DBR is near the track with cruising mrt is not as bad as next to mrt station. The braking and moving off sound, doors opening and closing is very irritating, plus the announcements.

Quote Originally Posted by venus
    DBR is near the track with cruising mrt is not as bad as next to mrt station. The braking and moving off sound, doors opening and closing is very irritating, plus the announcements.
    Sorry! what is DBR? I was at my friend's place at Northvale near Choa Chu Kang (lot 1). I could hear it even at a distance when the train moves on the track. I believe continous noise is more bearable than intermittent noise like stopping,closing and moving off at the station. People will get use to it after a while unless they are hyper-sensitive to noise.

Quote Originally Posted by kEN9170
    Ya man....crazy hor...as at last nite 9pm when i was there to sign my option, Only 3 penthouses left.

Ya man....crazy hor...as at last nite 9pm when i was there to sign my option, Only 3 penthouses left.
    what was the avg psf?

i think wanbao reported that 1/3 of buyers took up 90% loan. can anyone verify? my mandarin cannot make it

Outdone 8@W!

Quote Originally Posted by gfoo
    what was the avg psf?
    Not too sure abt that but newspapers put $780psf. The range is quite big, like my unit is only slightly over $600 whilst the 1BR were going for around $1000psf. 3BR mid floors around $800. Didnt notice 2BR but looks like should be around $900psf. Since most units are 1 and 2BR...i think the avg should be higher than what has been reported. I'm guessing should be around $900psf.

i think wanbao reported that 1/3 of buyers took up 90% loan. can anyone verify? my mandarin cannot make it

Wah that means quite a no of 1st time buyers? From what i understand most banks only grant up to 70% o 80% for 2nd property.

Not too sure abt that but newspapers put $780psf. The range is quite big, like my unit is only slightly over $600 whilst the 1BR were going for around $1000psf. 3BR mid floors around $800. Didnt notice 2BR but looks like should be around $900psf. Since most units are 1 and 2BR...i think the avg should be higher than what has been reported. I'm guessing should be around $900psf.
    $600psf for that area is fair. But $900-1000 psf? anything above $800psf for a LH in such an area is pure suicide, unless the economy stabilizes. And if the wanbao reports of 90% loans are true - this is the start of Singapore's sub-prime.

$600psf for that area is fair. But $900-1000 psf? anything above $800psf for a LH in such an area is pure suicide, unless the economy stabilizes. And if the wanbao reports of 90% loans are true - this is the start of Singapore's sub-prime.
    iirc optima is FH ~

Quote Originally Posted by august
    iirc optima is FH ~
    90% loan? which bank tie-up? or is it hong leong finance?

Ppl staying in the Sails also read wanbao?!?

Quote Originally Posted by august
    90% loan? which bank tie-up? or is it hong leong finance?
    dunno, but this thread title says its leasehold leh.

most banks can offer up to 90% loan, it all depends on your risk profile.

hihi... no surprise... this is a small development, near to MRT... ppl will just grab... wonder they did any research before buying....

Quote Originally Posted by noblebaby
    Ppl staying in the Sails also read wanbao?!?
    lol i can't read mandarin properly lah. my friend smsed me this info

buying property is like buying stock... research + news... buy low sell high...

hope optima owners r not buy high sell low...

Quote Originally Posted by noblebaby
    buying property is like buying stock... research + news... buy low sell high...

hope optima owners r not buy high sell low...
    a small hike in stamp duty will stop the frenzy hehee ~

Mine with pes thats why lower psf. I did my homework. The recent transactions for pes units at casa merah already $653psf - $700psf. The lower range one has very bad facing as in no pool view facing tennis court, or fence or afternoon sun. $700psf one facing some water feature but not the main pool. My unit at optima is pool facing with no afternoon sun and still cheaper. On top of it the finishing is really nice much better quality.

I also went to waterfront key and the gale. The gale is cheaper around $560 to $580psf but so ulu. Waterfront key even more expensive. Was quoted $700psf for pool facing and $800++psf for reservoir facing...well in my case ground unit will be road facing.

I think it was a gd buy for me but really cant say the same for those paying 900-1000psf for a pigeon hole. esp those facing the mrt stn. Good luck to those guys....

look like bigger units pricing still reasonable, unlike those studios n 2 bedders. The 2 bedders i like, is $900psf, siao.