Page 1 of 20 1234561116 ... LastLast

Thread: Centro

Default Centro

Hi fellow forumers

Drove past AMK MRT today and saw a plot of land for a new project ~ Centro!

In a mature estate like AMK, just across AMK MRT along the same road as Grandeur8.

Anyone care to enlighten on this project? saw that showroom are almost up. Did a search but there was nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by vinc1281
    Hi fellow forumers

Drove past AMK MRT today and saw a plot of land for a new project ~ Centro!

In a mature estate like AMK, just across AMK MRT along the same road as Grandeur8.

Anyone care to enlighten on this project? saw that showroom are almost up. Did a search but there was nothing.
    if i am not wrong its FAR EAST project ...

sometime in 2007 they bought that piece of land at pretty high price and i remember their spokewoman said that they were confident they can sell the ready condo at above 1000 psf ...

Quote Originally Posted by proud owner
    if i am not wrong its FAR EAST project ...

sometime in 2007 they bought that piece of land at pretty high price and i remember their spokewoman said that they were confident they can sell the ready condo at above 1000 psf ...
    Hmm...1000 psf. Sounds like a heady figure for me. At today prices, it has to be between 800psf - 850psf.

I hear that Far East is launching this project in a few weeks, prices start from $900 psf. Good for the area and surrounding Bishan and Upper Thomson as a whole.

Quote Originally Posted by 2004civic
    I hear that Far East is launching this project in a few weeks, prices start from $900 psf. Good for the area and surrounding Bishan and Upper Thomson as a whole.
    If I remember correctly Far East break even price around $950 psf, I guess they will launch at $1,100 psf.

Anyway, this is a good location, maybe can sell at that price.

Quote Originally Posted by Honesty
    If I remember correctly Far East break even price around $950 psf, I guess they will launch at $1,100 psf.

Anyway, this is a good location, maybe can sell at that price.
    really? with granduer 8 resale tranasacting at 5xx - 6xx psf,
    this one worth 1100? AMK boleh!

It is a 0.6 Ha plot of land ~ 65,000 SqFt. To give you a better perspective, Clover at Bishan stands on 235,000+ SqFt of land. Kovan Residences stands on 190,000+ SqFt.

CBD-type premium housing has finally arrived in the heartlands!

I am curious about the appeal of such developments being very close to commercial/transport hubs. A close reference would be The Compassvale in Seng Kang - it is directly above Compasspoint/MRT station/Bus interchange. But prices are transacting at 450-500+ psf. Perhaps the relatively crowded and noisy environment + lack of privacy from the above-ground LRT station are deemed as disadvantages. We should see more of such projects coming - thought there is a plot above Bishan MRT too.

But still, somehow I believe that this development will still draw buyers with very small units and good marketing. Any thoughts?

Quote Originally Posted by stanchan
    It is a 0.6 Ha plot of land ~ 65,000 SqFt. To give you a better perspective, Clover at Bishan stands on 235,000+ SqFt of land. Kovan Residences stands on 190,000+ SqFt.
    ..... But still, somehow I believe that this development will still draw buyers with very small units and good marketing. Any thoughts?
    Agreed, the draw will be there and in this supposedly "upbeat" sentiment environment, there will be many buyers with herd / speculative mentality.

Saw some advertisements already - prices from $1000 psf and $8xx upwards per unit (smaller ones). I predict a good take-up rate notwithstanding the very high prices wrt Grandeur 8 for example

CENTRO@ANG MO KIO
    - Total 329 Units
    - 3 Towers
    - 12 Stacks each Tower
    - 2/3/4 Bedrooms + Penthouses
    - Floor Size range from 775 - 1025 sqft

What is so UNIQUE about the project?
    - 50m Lap Pool is located on the 6th floor
    - Aqua Chair and sofa jacuzzi
    - Dinning Pavilions and Dinning Deck
    - Spa Pavillions with Private Jacuzzi

What else?
    - AMK Hub
    - AMK MRT
    - AMK Library
    - Wet/Dry Market Nearby
    - Good Schools (St.Nicholas School / Anderson JC , Nanyang Polytechnic)

VVIP preview on 24th July 2009.

Talking Centro Residences: City Living in the neighbour

Centro Residences:
    Downtown living in the heart of Neighborhood.

Relish the beat and pulse of the downtown.

A rare find that understands the urban dwellers who yearn to detach from the hectic and stressful city living into the more natural suburb, but never quite relish fully tearing themselves away from the conveniences and comfort of downtown city.

Well located in the heart of AMK Central, next to it lies bustling key transport node and commercial hub. Residences are enthralled to find themselves in the centre of the action.

Discover the Style and Prestige of modern living.
    Filled yourself with endless possibilities and take pleasure for various social events right in the comforts of your unit. Transform it into a tropical private sanctuary for intimate family dining and lounging.

Take pride in the spectacular views of the lush park of Ang Mo Kio Garden East or the breathtaking panorama of the city skyline, right at your Verandah.

A diversified living for younger upgraders and family centric people for exclusivity of product quality and lastly style.

With these exhilaration and excitement, it will be hard to remember you are living in the suburbs.

Get the best of both worlds. Garden and City..the seemingly polarities that complement each other.

Facts:
    Project: Centro Residences
    Tenure: 99 years
    District: 20
    Total units: 329 units
    Total Storeys: 34
    Total stacks: 12
    Carparks: 4 storey basement carparks
    Tower: 1
    Expected TOP: TBA

(7th Storey Centro amenities)
    1. 50m Lap pool
    2. Aqua chair
    3. Sofa Jacuuzi
    4. Gymnasium
    5. Changing Room
    6. Lift Lobby
    7. Dining deck
    8. Dining Villa 1
    9. Pool Deck
    10. Elemental Spa
    11. Dining Villa 2
    12. Dining Villa 3
    13. Spa Villa 2 with Private Jacuzzi
    14. Spa Villa 1 with Private Jacuzzi

(33rd Storey Sky Villa)
    1. Sun Tanning Deck
    2. Pool or Aqua Seat
    3. Bar
    4. Lounge
    5. Toilet
    6. Jacuzzi

Nearby Amenities:
    1. AMK Hub (Cinema, Shopping gallery, Food courts, Fairprice) 3 mins walk
    2. AMK MRT 3 mins walk
    3. AMK Bus Interchange in AMK Hub 3 mins walk
    4. Schools: Jing Shan Primary School, Anderson Secondary School, Anderson Junior College, Nayang Polytechnic etc. (Within 1 km)
    5. AMK Library (10 mins walk)
    6. Multiple eateries nearby.
    7. Courts: Furniture shopping (10 mins walk)

PSF: From $1000 onwards
    Special Preview launch at end of the month July.
    Interested personeel, please hurry.
    Available sizes:
    2BR | 3BR Compact |3BR |4BR compact
    Kindly contact
    Aaron | 90287921.
    [email protected]
    Direct Developer Sales Team
    Last edited by propertysale01; 21-07-09 at 00:43.

This property thing is really getting crazy...
    even suburbs are starting to sell FROM $1000 Psf?..
    gosh!...

Just 1 bus stop away, you have the same 99 year lease Grandeur8 which was launched at $475psf about 6 years ago...now the suburb calls for $1000psf?? Ridiculous pricing

far east mah...wah piang and this is ang mo kio not toa payoh. probably they thought eh, redhill also can 1200psf, ang mo kio 1000psf cheap mah...

Quote Originally Posted by bargain hunter
    far east mah...wah piang and this is ang mo kio not toa payoh. probably they thought eh, redhill also can 1200psf, ang mo kio 1000psf cheap mah...
    LOL .... yalor yalor .. in relative terms only mah hor

But wingtai tt one got club hse at the top level .. this one dunno whether got like tt anot leh ... AscentiaSky to see Tanglin or Sentosa/Mt Faber view, this one see AMK Hub izit??

"A diversified living for younger upgraders and family centric people for exclusivity of product quality and lastly style.

With these exhilaration and excitement, it will be hard to remember you are living in the suburbs.

Get the best of both worlds. Garden and City..the seemingly polarities that complement each other."

This one may or may not have the view cheerful mentioned but pay 1000psf you do get an illusion...

Quote Originally Posted by bargain hunter
    This one may or may not have the view cheerful mentioned but pay 1000psf you do get an illusion...
    Yahh ... maybe a mirage on hot & dry days then perhaps can even see fantastic views from far far away

Anyway, an agent told me (as part of his job to mkt ASky) that the selling point is if u can imagine hosting parties at the club hse ... marciam like those posh posh clubs ... fwah on top of the world! This one at 1k psf perhaps should consider this kinda concept

Default Quote:

Quote Originally Posted by cheerful
    Yahh ... maybe a mirage on hot & dry days then perhaps can even see fantastic views from far far away

Anyway, an agent told me (as part of his job to mkt ASky) that the selling point is if u can imagine hosting parties at the club hse ... marciam like those posh posh clubs ... fwah on top of the world! This one at 1k psf perhaps should consider this kinda concept
    Hi Cheerful,

The concept of Centro is somehow derived from the concept of Icon in Tanjong Pagar. With open sky terraces at 33rd floor, you can actually held parties there, in the subhurbs.in the heart of AMK.

If you are interested. Do let me know : Aaron | 90287921.

Oh, how many 'pockets' of such sky garden/terrace?

Are we the only ones who are saying $1000psf is crazy? Maybe will be another sold-out like Caspian then we have to shut-up.

Any floor plan for the units? All come with balcony/PES?

Quote Originally Posted by sumo22
    Are we the only ones who are saying $1000psf is crazy? Maybe will be another sold-out like Caspian then we have to shut-up.
    To me, expensive or not based on HDB resale price. AMK 5-year old 118sqm HDB transacted at 600,000 which is about 500psf. They usually take the HDB resale price x 2 as the upper limit of condo price. At 1000psf, it will be more justified if close to MRT or freehold.

Default Far East better sell Rafflesia and Bishan 8 first !!!!

Quote Originally Posted by jitkiat
    To me, expensive or not based on HDB resale price. AMK 5-year old 118sqm HDB transacted at 600,000 which is about 500psf. They usually take the HDB resale price x 2 as the upper limit of condo price. At 1000psf, it will be more justified if close to MRT or freehold.
    Far East crazy buy highest ppf at Suburb now want to sell 1,000 psf LH at AMK Hub . Plot is not that big also. At 34 storey not the highest dun no can see what City view ... neh Bishan has 40 stys. Toa Payoh Central has a high wall of 15 blocks of 40 storeys . Far East better sell Rafflesia and Bishan 8 first !!!!

This one can wait long long to sell !!!

Quote Originally Posted by qianfugui
    Far East crazy buy highest ppf at Suburb now want to sell 1,000 psf LH at AMK Hub . Plot is not that big also. At 34 storey not the highest dun no can see what City view ... neh Bishan has 40 stys. Toa Payoh Central has a high wall of 15 blocks of 40 storeys . Far East better sell Rafflesia and Bishan 8 first !!!!

This one can wait long long to sell !!!
    Any chance can get it for $850psf 3 bedder?

if buying for own stay.. u decide the price..
    but if you intend to move house after 5 yrs, please take a look at surrounding condos like grandeur or even bishan condos.. or Yio Chu Kang condos or your SengKang condo right on top of mrt and shopping mall ..and see how they performed...

A lot will like to buy new condos to stay near MRTs...
    but not a lot will buy a OLD Condo to stay near MRTs.. and worse.. depreciating asset.

first $1300psf for ang sua, now $1100psf for angmor keo.

in 2003 prime properties were about 4x suburban properties (rafflesia vs ardmore). If angmor kio is now $1k, then prime should avg $4k liao

The pricing is crazy! HDB upgraders can now only afford 2-room in condo. We are on the way to becoming Hong Kong soon

Quote Originally Posted by Easting
    The pricing is crazy! HDB upgraders can now only afford 2-room in condo. We are on the way to becoming Hong Kong soon
    thats why i always say ,,, buy BIG units... they are becoming a rarity

i think this project the size of each unit should be smaller than average, compact 3 bedrooms maybe even smaller than smaller than average. that accounts for the higher psf and yet still "affordable".

I think they are going to introduce studio units in this project to slaughter more buyers.....

Breakdown of the bedroom sizes:

2br (847sqft)

3br (1214sqft)

4br (1305)

Private Preview will be on 29 July

Preview by Appt Only

Sms at 90686016 to register~~