Page 11 of 20 FirstFirst ... 678910111213141516 ... LastLast

Thread: Centro

Quote Originally Posted by azeoprop
    I think 800-900psf for a high floor unit is resasonable for this development....waiting for starbuys haa haa....
    Clever, very smart indeed, I think everyone now read this forum knew about the real market condition, waiting for STARBUY....

If this is the case, the property market will be falling very soon...

So....I really pity those who bought recently at the high price.

How to sell in future...

Don't worry. I remember everybody was rushing to buy Aristo at east coast @ $1700psf in 2007 peak and some say will reach 2k+ psf. Even if drop, buy for own stay also ok one. 3 months ago, drop to 900psf. Now i think 1k psf. So I think it is just a matter of time before Centro starts selling at 800psf. And I don't think those who say "buy for own stay doesn't matter" really mean it. I mean when your neighbour is paying $2000 p/m and you paying $2800 a month, doesn't it matters?

Congrats to the 87 buyers of the 1.2k psf, bus fumes infested and perpetually jammed Condo.. I will pay 1k psf anytime to stay at East coast to enjoy sea breeze and probably a stone throw away from the sea.

I change my buying condition. Anyone want to sell 800psf and below, let me know.

Quote Originally Posted by jitkiat
    Starbuy at their FEO's cost price? Wait long long. If they really sell below 950psf, the demand will be so high that it probably needs to ballot like Optima. See how is the response to 1000psf Trevista first. And our Mr Kwek from CDL is confident he can sell Chestnut Avenue's inside-jungle-99LH condo for 700psf so how can AMK be priced at 800psf??

I always maintain this.

If AMK is selling at 1300psf, what will be the price for East coast? 2000psf? River valley at 3000psf? Orchard and Marina bay at 4000psf?

Quote Originally Posted by Honesty
    Clever, very smart indeed, I think everyone now read this forum knew about the real market condition, waiting for STARBUY....

How to sell in future...

What gives you the impression that AMK should be worse than East Coast in terms of pricing?

Quote Originally Posted by Daniel_Yee
    I always maintain this.

If AMK is selling at 1300psf, what will be the price for East coast? 2000psf? River valley at 3000psf? Orchard and Marina bay at 4000psf?

I always maintain this.

Right, Agreed fully with your example.

Very high price for HDB upgraders.

Wait for real price to come.

won't fall so soon, ppty market normally takes longer to react, probably a slide in the initial stage then panic after a few years nearer to completion. No need to worry about how to sell in future or pity those buyers, they will naturally be forcesold. Die Die don't want to sell also one backside of debt to pay for 30 or 35 years.

Quote Originally Posted by Honesty

How to sell in future...

I thought this should be quite common sense. If you really want to find out, there are 2 ways.

1) Go HDB website, check on the resale price for HDB.
    2) Go to URA website, check out the difference between district 20 and district 15. You should see an overall 30% difference in pricing.

Anyway, if you try to market a Condo, do you think it sound nicer to say "It is near AMK central with MRT" or "It is near the sea".

Quote Originally Posted by Regulators
    What gives you the impression that AMK should be worse than East Coast in terms of pricing?

I think AMK cannot even smell East Coast smoke. 1200psf is for idiots. Luckily there are 87 idiots.

87 in july...somemore (i hope not too many more) in aug.

Quote Originally Posted by thomastansb
    I think AMK cannot even smell East Coast smoke. 1200psf is for idiots. Luckily there are 87 idiots.

i'M Still optimistic that a correction in property prices will come end of year and 1h 2010 as the number of TOP units increases and rental vacancy probably should increase.

Though i think selective bluechip properties will withstand the fall like those in marinabay or sentosa and the truly prime area in d9-11.

I think those buay gan condo like Centro, Aristo asking rocket high PSF will gonna the worst. That is when I will go in and snap 1 more for rental. The 2 IR locations should be safe.

Quote Originally Posted by focus
    i'M Still optimistic that a correction in property prices will come end of year and 1h 2010 as the number of TOP units increases and rental vacancy probably should increase.

Though i think selective bluechip properties will withstand the fall like those in marinabay or sentosa and the truly prime area in d9-11.

I think those buay gan condo like Centro, Aristo asking rocket high PSF will gonna the worst. That is when I will go in and snap 1 more for rental. The 2 IR locations should be safe.
    FEO projects unlikely right? They sure can hold long-long one.
    BE CENTRED BY ALL AT THE FRINGE OF THE CITY @

i wud nt pay 1200psf for AMK but I wud like to see such estates being able to compete with D15 in terms of pricing n desirability. I am still a sucker for prime but on the flipside the pty scene wud be really boring if only prime districts witness big movement in prices.

Why IR locations should be safe? U mean Sail? Studio now rental only $2.6k... Furthermore with hundreds of units of supply... Do u think the Big shots of who & who will come n rent this office project where your window can only open 4 inches?

Quote Originally Posted by jc
    Why IR locations should be safe? U mean Sail? Studio now rental only $2.6k... Furthermore with hundreds of units of supply... Do u think the Big shots of who & who will come n rent this office project where your window can only open 4 inches?
    read my comment on Sentosa IR hiring 5000 this weekend

5000 chambermaids and drivers etc ..

you think they going to rent? or even pay 2.5k for a studio ?

what kind of pay does a chambermaid commands ?

good luck to all who bought studios in anticipation of IR hiring

lol this thread is damn entertaining. guys, why bother to waste yr breadth? let these fellas think all they want. if they think amk is worth 1200, so be it. i'm certainly not complainin - centro is so infamous it has become the 'benchmark' for prices of all other property in singapore

Quote Originally Posted by Daniel Foo
    Not worth the risk lah as you will have no buffer when you flip.
    99 Year project now asking at such ridiculous price is just a passing fade. Once the market hype or property bubble burst, we will be back to reality pricing again.

Realistic price to call for Centro is 850psf-950psf max.
    Would you buy AMK at $850psf? Those condo near paya lebar is selling abt 900psf. I rather buy paya lebar than AMK.

Quote Originally Posted by bargain hunter
    87 in july...somemore (i hope not too many more) in aug.
    In the stock market, one way the syndicates suck in buyers for their shares is to buy up a huge volume of their own shares at the sell queue. The retail investors upon seeing this will rush in and buy up the rest, thinking the shares are in high demand and will move up soon. Once all their shares are "distributed", the syndicates will exit and the trading volume will fall as there are no buyers. Retail investors who cannot pay up for the shares will then be forced to sell at much lower prices

Quote Originally Posted by gfoo
    lol this thread is damn entertaining. guys, why bother to waste yr breadth? let these fellas think all they want. if they think amk is worth 1200, so be it. i'm certainly not complainin - centro is so infamous it has become the 'benchmark' for prices of all other property in singapore
    Centro.. errr.. CHEONG AHHHH???!!!

All the best to those who got a unit there

pay more than 1 mil for a 570sqft studio in the sail and get some cock 2.6k rental? that is a joke indeed. HDB flats or OCR properties can do a lot better in terms of rental yield. Let those idiots who pay more than 2k psf for the sail burn big time....

I don't know how is the rental there at sail but I just saw in newspaper 3.2k to 5k for studio. Not bad I feel considering it is a 'slum' now. I think after IR and MBFC are up, things will be very different. Anyway, who cares about the windows can open how big? My TR 2 bedroom in a lousy-with-nothing-around location can fetch 5k liao.

I don't think buyers care about the rental yield there. One time capital appreciation is your 20 years rental already. Don't believe, go URA and check the differences at Jan and now. Think got 500 psf difference. So 500 x 650sq ft = 300 over k. Where in Singapore has got such appreciation like MB and Orchard?

Anyway, you don't always sound so jealous leh. Seriously, I don't think anyone is going to sell to you at 1500psf anymore. If at 1600psf, I will buy one for myself already.

pay more than 1 mil for a 570sqft studio in the sail and get some cock 2.6k rental? that is a joke indeed. HDB flats or OCR properties can do a lot better in terms of rental yield. Let those idiots who pay more than 2k psf for the sail burn big time....

You all can argue big time and I don't give a shit. There are 2 facts, like it or not:-

1) Centro sucks. It really trigger your senses. Smell the bus. Blasted by the train noise. See the super crowds. Feel the super jams. Maybe taste the feeling of 1200psf for such a crap location?

2) I am at 44th floor overlooking the bay, enjoying my beer, surfing net and seeing jealous people saying the Sail sucks while I am looking at Marina bay, overlooking the flyer, suntec and the almost done up IR. Rental or no rental, I don't care.

Daniel is right about the capital appreciation. People like regulator only look at short term. Never look far enough. That is why he/she can only say rental, rental and rental and the sail sucks blah blah blah. No long term view and of course, no money to buy. Remind me of Merrill Lynch who focus on short term goals of inflating CEO bonus by playing subprime bonds. Never see far enough. Who cares about that miser 2-3% rental yield when one shot, I earn 30-40%.

I don't think buyers care about the rental yield there. One time capital appreciation is your 20 years rental already. Don't believe, go URA and check the differences at Jan and now. Think got 500 psf difference. So 500 x 650sq ft = 300 over k. Where in Singapore has got such appreciation like MB and Orchard?

Anyway, you don't always sound so jealous leh. Seriously, I don't think anyone is going to sell to you at 1500psf anymore. If at 1600psf, I will buy one for myself already.
    Dan, everyone has a mindset and this fella definitely has his own fixed mindset. Prices aside, i think one really has to live in the place for a bit before coming to finalities - with property prices reaching such heights, maybe for the buyer-stayer it makes good sense to do a short term rent of the target condo before buying (there is this online service that rents out studios at different areas on a per week basis). For e.g., since some people say RCR areas like beacon heights are great. Great, so now stay at both the sail and bh and judge what you get from the $1k psf for BH vs $1.8kpsf for the sail. From there, one can easily gauge rent potential, and growth potential.

Since i'm a buyer-stayer, let me start with some of the stuff residents here enjoy now and in a year's time.

In the Sail: 2nd Floor, First Floor & Basement facilities/shops:
    - Harry's (L1)
    - Blarneys (L1)
    - Coffee Bean (L1)
    - Hokkaido Sandwich (L1)
    - Juice Bar (L1)
    - Raffles Takeaways (L1)
    - Hot Grill French Dining (L2)
    - Da Paolos Gastronomia (L1)
    - Creative Hairworks (B1)
    - A convenience store (B1)
    - Some florist (B1)
    - Another Jap re
    staurant (B1)
    - A tailor (B1)

Within 50m radius (right next door)
    Now:
    - 7-11, and 5 other cafes/restaurant like TCC etc
    - Clinic and dentist
    in 2010:
    - Central linear park, central promontory, and new boardwalk
    - 4 levels of shopping beneath the park
    - Landmark MRT Station
    - Proposed redirection of F1 route past Marina Blvd and the Sands

Within 150-200m radius (4-5mins)
    Now:
    - Lau Pa Sat
    In 2010:
    - Clifford Pier boardwalk, shoppes and restaurants

Within 500-600m radius (10mins)
    Now:
    - Raffles MRT & Retail Link
    - Marina Bay MRT
    - One Fullerton (& my fave butter!)
    In 2010:
    - IR
    - Entrance of Gardens by the Bay
    - Marina Promenade
    - Marina Bay Central Park

Within 1km (16min)
    Now:
    - Esplanade
    - St Andrew's and other churches
    - Boat Quay, Vic and waterfront eateries / park
    2010:
    - ArtScience Museum
    - DNA bridge

Within 1.5km (7 min cycling distance which i do now)
    - Suntec (Carrefour) where i now do my grocery shopping

True, as it is right now, the interior finishings of the lobbies and lifts of the sail is far less than the 6-star condo CDL markets it to be. But with almost 500k per month in conservancy fees it has to spend, trust me - once the MCST is up and running, we'll prob ask ECC to piss off, and get some much needed improvements and overhauls done.

To sum up, staying at the Sail has got nothing to do with the IR. Rather, its got everything to do with the shopping, makan, entertainment and recreational facilities that the whole place offers. Not to mention, there are only 2 condos (Sail and MBR) that are directly fronting the Bay today, and there's only room for one more small one where the govt's visitor center is supposed to be, but that's at least 7-10 years away IF anything's planned.

So, is this area overpriced today? You guys be the judge - for us, we're enjoying having all the above at our doorstep.

P.s. The above is JUST the land based facilities. We haven't even gone into the water based stuff. See the below:

The minister also said the URA wanted to bring more activity and vibrancy to the Greater Marina Bay, comprising Marina Bay, Marina Channel, Kallang Basin/Kallang River and the Singapore River.

The Bay will host the inaugural International Pink Dragon Boat Council World Championships in September.

It will also be the place for high-speed sporting events such as jet-ski, wakeboarding and water-ski championships. A 2.5 km long power-sporting circuit has been earmarked for these races.

At the Kallang Basin, a 35 hectare zone of water has been earmarked for non-motorised sports such as canoeing and dragon boating. Nearby, a 5 ha zone at the Kallang River will be used for motorised water sports.

Over at the Marina Channel, there will be a new 1 km race course for dragon boat, canoeing and rowing competitions, in a 30 ha water sports zone.

Mr Mah added that to enhance the accessibility to and in the Bay, water taxi services will be extended with 13 new stops to the various attractions and water bodies.
    Last edited by gfoo; 23-08-09 at 00:31.

Want rental yield buy geylang. Captital gain buy Orchard or Marina.

I don't know how is the rental there at sail but I just saw in newspaper 3.2k to 5k for studio. Not bad I feel considering it is a 'slum' now. I think after IR and MBFC are up, things will be very different. Anyway, who cares about the windows can open how big? My TR 2 bedroom in a lousy-with-nothing-around location can fetch 5k liao.
    Asking rental not equal to transacted... So what is the difference if IR is up? Tenant profile vastly different? What is or where is TR?

Quote Originally Posted by Property_Owner
    Want rental yield buy geylang. Captital gain buy Orchard or Marina.
    PO do u reckon Orchard or Marina or Sentosa has more upside $$. When the misic stops, which area will px goes

Twin Regency. It's opposite Tiong Bahru Plaza. I went to the sail before but didn't buy because too expensive. Now want to buy also cannot buy already.

Asking rental not equal to transacted... So what is the difference if IR is up? Tenant profile vastly different? What is or where is TR?

You all can argue big time and I don't give a shit. There are 2 facts, like it or not:-

1) Centro sucks. It really trigger your senses. Smell the bus. Blasted by the train noise. See the super crowds. Feel the super jams. Maybe taste the feeling of 1200psf for such a crap location?

2) I am at 44th floor overlooking the bay, enjoying my beer, surfing net and seeing jealous people saying the Sail sucks while I am looking at Marina bay, overlooking the flyer, suntec and the almost done up IR. Rental or no rental, I don't care.

Daniel is right about the capital appreciation. People like regulator only look at short term. Never look far enough. That is why he/she can only say rental, rental and rental and the sail sucks blah blah blah. No long term view and of course, no money to buy. Remind me of Merrill Lynch who focus on short term goals of inflating CEO bonus by playing subprime bonds. Never see far enough. Who cares about that miser 2-3% rental yield when one shot, I earn 30-40%.
    The Sail is a good buy if can get it at the price beginning of this year. Macau is a good example on how IR can boost the property price.