Thread: How to sell an uncompleted project?

Default How to sell an uncompleted project?

What are the steps, procedures and costs involved in selling an uncompleted home? I've just bought a unit about a month plus ago, but with the recent launch of so many projects, seems to have better unit out there for my "dream home". Very tempted to change. Any ideas? Thanks.

employ an agent and pay good comm =) u will get good price too

Quote Originally Posted by azeoprop
    What are the steps, procedures and costs involved in selling an uncompleted home? I've just bought a unit about a month plus ago, but with the recent launch of so many projects, seems to have better unit out there for my "dream home". Very tempted to change. Any ideas? Thanks.

actually private hse transaction is simple, almost entire process is done by solicitor, can save up the agent commission. Just engage a lawyer, get a template of Letter of Offer. you can start advertising your unit.

Be prepare to show some proof of documents that you are the legal owner of that property, as that may the concern from most buyers.

you may want to get a new pre-paid phone line, so that you wont received nuisance calls from you know who.

Quote Originally Posted by azeoprop
    If you have bought a unit already and is thinking of NOT going ahead with the purchase, then you stand to forfeit 25% of what you have paid (the 5% option money). For example if the unit is $1m, you would have paid $50K option fee already, so you'll forfeit 25% of that ($12500)

Alternatively, you can sell it but you need to budget to sell at least 7% higher than what you have bought at to fully cover costs of stamp duty (3% less $5400), commission in engaging an agent to sell for you (ranges from 1-2%) and legal fees (1 - 1.5%).

But if you can come up with some soap story and put up a real strong case, some of the kinder developers will let you go without forfeiture but that's rare. Good luck