Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Seletaris (Freehold)

Just shifted in Seletaris. During my renov, I had recieved a voting form for a hot spring study in Apr/May 10. Not sure about the result of the voting.

For playgrounds with water-play, you can find them in Sembawang (~10mins walk) and Northpoint Shopping Centre (By shuttle bus) but my kids preferred to play in the pool though they can't swim (1/2 below 0.9m). I had walked several times to Sembawang SC and Chong Pang markets but never take the shuttle bus before (Will drive to Northpoint SC).

Nowadays, I seldom come to this forum after I completed my house-hunting.

Quote Originally Posted by unicorninluv
    Wow! A hotspring in the condo itself! Sounds plausible since the thermal water in Sembawang Airbase runs underneath it. It'll be a condo cum health resort. Good for folks staying there. Hope your 'hot spring' feasibilty study works out right. All the best!
    Thanks....actually i am attracted to the resort design and for retirment stay..so to speak...yet to own one..but very close to it now...

Quote Originally Posted by Lao Hu
    Just shifted in Seletaris. During my renov, I had recieved a voting form for a hot spring study in Apr/May 10. Not sure about the result of the voting.

For playgrounds with water-play, you can find them in Sembawang (~10mins walk) and Northpoint Shopping Centre (By shuttle bus) but my kids preferred to play in the pool though they can't swim (1/2 below 0.9m). I had walked several times to Sembawang SC and Chong Pang markets but never take the shuttle bus before (Will drive to Northpoint SC).

Nowadays, I seldom come to this forum after I completed my house-hunting.
    Congrate to your new home !!
    If you happen to gotten more info on the Hot Spring thingy, do update here expecially folk like me...

So far the news i got are from the agent... meaning properly are marketing sale talk..Whereas if from the resident, it is more valid....

Thanks for sharing

Quote Originally Posted by zzz1
    Thanks....actually i am attracted to the resort design and for retirment stay..so to speak...yet to own one..but very close to it now...

its one of the rare few ..with big units for a decent price .. layout not too bad ..

And freehold somemore ... Where to find?

I, too, received the voting form.
    But no decision yet.
    I agreed that Seletaris is a good place to stay, very relaxing.
    So far, nice neighbours too.
    Sometime I don't understand why some wanted to sell at same price as some surrounding condo.

Quote Originally Posted by timebomb
    I, too, received the voting form.
    But no decision yet.
    I agreed that Seletaris is a good place to stay, very relaxing.
    So far, nice neighbours too.
    Sometime I don't understand why some wanted to sell at same price as some surrounding condo.
    ic ic..the MC needed a mandate vote before deciding to proceed, so there voting...

No wonder the agents, (those whom i viewed and spoke with) all talking about it till got dragon got tiger like that...pressing me before the price move...

That is a very unique project in fact, given the grace that once there was hot spring during the F&N factory time...

So much discussion ... is this the hottest property in the north?

Quote Originally Posted by Komo
    So much discussion ... is this the hottest property in the north?
    Hi Komo, can't say if Seletaris is the hottest property in the North but it is definitely the best buy in the North considering its FH tenor and serene environment plus its superb amenities all within walking distance. Plus the voting for a hotspring in its project..., what else can you ask for? A health resort right at your doorstep. Lucky residents if the hotspring thingy materialise.

Hi Komo, can't say if Seletaris is the hottest property in the North but it is definitely the best buy in the North considering its FH tenor and serene environment plus its superb amenities all within walking distance. Plus the voting for a hotspring in its project..., what else can you ask for? A health resort right at your doorstep. Lucky residents if the hotspring thingy materialise.
    And also the prices is rather cheap compare to the other FH condo nearby...

Quote Originally Posted by earthman
    And also the prices is rather cheap compare to the other FH condo nearby...
    Unicorninluv and earthman went to all these trouble to sign up as users just to post good stuff about seletaris?

Either they are agents or really zealous seletaris residents...

Quote Originally Posted by mantrix
    Unicorninluv and earthman went to all these trouble to sign up as users just to post good stuff about seletaris?

they are indeed new members ..

but whether or not they signed up to talk good about Seletaris only they know ..

BUT as a non owner, impartial member who has been to Seletaris many times over the years .. i do agree with them ..that its the best value for money in that area ...

the lay out is good and the environment is indeed serene ..

like they said it FH too

for owner occupancy will be good....lower psf, big units but definitely not a low quantum at 850k++ now.

for investment point of view, 2.8k pm shd be the average there? nett yield shd be ard 3-3.5%...i deem not attractive for suburban ppty....how easy to rent out? anybody care to share?

personally prefer hillview area compared to this at current price entry point. some projects in hillview can look forward to the future mrt...mostly 8-10mins walk though..not really near

Quote Originally Posted by proud owner
    its one of the rare few ..with big units for a decent price .. layout not too bad ..
    i had few cheques rejected by some onwers,

Seem that the asking prices is very resistence, relatively to compare with the price during launched, and most of them are the first owner.(which had stayed there since and no hurry to sell) and the unit movement is relative low.

Very difficuit to neg the price.

Quote Originally Posted by devilplate
    for owner occupancy will be good....lower psf, big units but definitely not a low quantum at 850k++ now.

for investment point of view, 2.8k pm shd be the average there? nett yield shd be ard 3-3.5%...i deem not attractive for suburban ppty....how easy to rent out? anybody care to share?

personally prefer hillview area compared to this at current price entry point. some projects in hillview can look forward to the future mrt...mostly 8-10mins walk though..not really near
    I had seen some unit which are selling with tenancy of balance few more months and their rental about 2200/- for a 3 bedder. That is the price of 1.5 years ago..now mostly hovering around 2400-2600 rental rate according to agent..

Consider less the maintenance fee, (the Yishun rental at centre is about 180-1900)..that is on the low side IMO.

Hillview rental about 3.5 k and above ??

I had seen some unit which are selling with tenancy of balance few more months and their rental about 2200/- for a 3 bedder. That is the price of 1.5 years ago..now mostly hovering around 2400-2600 rental rate according to agent..

Consider less the maintenance fee, (the Yishun rental at centre is about 180-1900)..that is on the low side IMO.

hillview not so high.

i hf been looking ard hillview area recently and 2bedder r transacting 2.5k while 3bedder 3k on average. shd expect rental to inch up when MRT is open in 2014.

asking prices quite high at the moment and tat explains y i din manage to get anything there...lol

Seem that the asking prices is very resistence, relatively to compare with the price during launched, and most of them are the first owner.(which had stayed there since and no hurry to sell) and the unit movement is relative low.

cant blame them ..

like i said its FH ... if Estuary can sell so high psf in terms of the nett usable space .. Seletaris is still cheap ..

Quote Originally Posted by mantrix

Whatever my profession or identity, you can continue to make your own assumption. I have my freedom of speech and like I say, my friend(s) live there and being there for many occasions, I'm just stating my views and opinions. I did mention the cons of the project as well... and being gracious people, we should priase more than to criticise. I know of some lousy projects but I do not wish to quote names in the forum cos what I deemed lousy may be considered 'good' to others. There are also many good projects in Spore but as they are already quite well known, there's no need to sing praise for them.
    Aiya... Learn to appreciate, accomodate, be contented and count every blessings one has cos life is short. Every project has its own pros & cons & price & value to suit people from all walks of life. The main thing is to find one that suits you. One man's meat can be another man's poision. In house searching or investing, there's no one size fits all. No man is perfect and no house is perfect too.
    BTW, it's not too much of a hassle or trouble to sign up as a member in this forum... I just want to read the articles posted by Mr Funny. Thus I sgned up. My motive is unlike what you've imagined. You must be very disappointed...

agent zzz.

find better buyers lah. sellers are king.

If there is a hot sping in the condo.. in terms of fengshui may not be good as there is something hot in their home or backyard. Something buring in their homeground. Too much heat? Like volcano?

Quote Originally Posted by cashrich
    agent zzz.

find better buyers lah. sellers are king.

If there is a hot sping in the condo.. in terms of fengshui may not be good as there is something hot in their home or backyard. Something buring in their homeground. Too much heat? Like volcano?
    Let put thing in perspective...You are entiltled to your opinion and i not going to dispute your.

btw; just don jump into conclusion ! agent ? Master fengshui cashrich?

Let put thing in perspective...You are entiltled to your opinion and i not going to dispute your.

btw; just don jump into conclusion ! agent ? Master fengshui cashrich?
    ok, no worries... zzz... anyway your few cheques offered means u buyer.. I had mistaken you as a agent there.

just guessing... no offence intended. Nothing wrong with being a agent right?

Cool

Whatever my profession or identity, you can continue to make your own assumption. I have my freedom of speech and like I say, my friend(s) live there and being there for many occasions, I'm just stating my views and opinions. I did mention the cons of the project as well... and being gracious people, we should priase more than to criticise. I know of some lousy projects but I do not wish to quote names in the forum cos what I deemed lousy may be considered 'good' to others. There are also many good projects in Spore but as they are already quite well known, there's no need to sing praise for them.
    Aiya... Learn to appreciate, accomodate, be contented and count every blessings one has cos life is short. Every project has its own pros & cons & price & value to suit people from all walks of life. The main thing is to find one that suits you. One man's meat can be another man's poision. In house searching or investing, there's no one size fits all. No man is perfect and no house is perfect too.
    BTW, it's not too much of a hassle or trouble to sign up as a member in this forum... I just want to read the articles posted by Mr Funny. Thus I sgned up. My motive is unlike what you've imagined. You must be very disappointed...
    It was a simple question, not really an assumption...wow what a full worded defensive reply. Cheers - you are just someone who really loves seletaris to bits...

Hillview public transport is non existent and with the MRT construction, it makes taking buses even more nightmarish. Rental yield is only around 3% - definitely not top of the range.

If you wanna invest in Hillview, the angle is future capital gains not current rental yields. Capital gains from future MRT station and developments. And of course it being quite a rustic area which may appeal to more people when public transportation improves.

Quote Originally Posted by Wild Falcon
    Hillview public transport is non existent and with the MRT construction, it makes taking buses even more nightmarish. Rental yield is only around 3% - definitely not top of the range.

If you wanna invest in Hillview, the angle is future capital gains not current rental yields. Capital gains from future MRT station and developments. And of course it being quite a rustic area which may appeal to more people when public transportation improves.
    yo...since hillview is ur territory, wat u tink of hillvista? worth the price tag of 1080psf+-? 1130sqft, no balcony...i am quite impressed by the actual layout and unit on the ground flr showroom

resale at glendale/hillview ht r asking above 800psf oredi

selatar ris...., like pasir ris...
    not hillview talk here leh.... back to topic.

ok, no worries... zzz... anyway your few cheques offered means u buyer.. I had mistaken you as a agent there.

just guessing... no offence intended. Nothing wrong with being a agent right?
    No melee thought …really.

Cheers!!

No melee thought …really.

Cheers!!
    learnt a new word... melee... I thought its mr lee.

Seletaris good for stay in terms of value for money... basic need for roof over head if you don't mind the location.

No 1 = roof over head, needs driven
    No 2 = Invest at right location, want driven
    No 3 = invest at right timing, smart analyst
    No 4 = Sell at right timing, shrewd seller, the buyer wont even know that they paid such high prices until reality sets in. Some may even thank you for reaping them off. Then they cry no use.

Get it?

learnt a new word... melee... I thought its mr lee.

Seletaris good for stay in terms of value for money... basic need for roof over head if you don't mind the location.

No 1 = roof over head, needs driven
    No 2 = Invest at right location, want driven
    No 3 = invest at right timing, smart analyst
    No 4 = Sell at right timing, shrewd seller, the buyer wont even know that they paid such high prices until reality sets in. Some may even thank you for reaping them off. Then they cry no use.

Get it?

Yap yap..
    It for home stay…and hopefully till retirement..

You buying for speculation right? Then go for the MMs in D15 and D14 lah. I think even though PSF looks attractive in Hillview, absolute amount would exceed the psychological $1 million for many units due to size of units. Low-budget speculators will not be interested. Looking at the market today, I think there're more "new" low-budget speculators entering the fray and they could only afford to speculate the D14 and D15 MM type (cash budget less than $100k). They would rather buy a $1400psf x 300 sq ft = $420k than a $800psf x 1250 sq ft = $1 million. The interesting trend today is even though PSF has gone up e.g. in D15, the value of the units has actually come down.

As for Seletaris, nice FH development - only downside is you need a car to get around. Just like hillview - Better for homestay than speculation.

Quote Originally Posted by devilplate
    yo...since hillview is ur territory, wat u tink of hillvista? worth the price tag of 1080psf+-? 1130sqft, no balcony...i am quite impressed by the actual layout and unit on the ground flr showroom

resale at glendale/hillview ht r asking above 800psf oredi

Quote Originally Posted by Wild Falcon
    You buying for speculation right? Then go for the MMs in D15 and D14 lah. I think even though PSF looks attractive in Hillview, absolute amount would exceed the psychological $1 million for many units due to size of units. Low-budget speculators will not be interested. Looking at the market today, I think there're more "new" low-budget speculators entering the fray and they could only afford to speculate the D14 and D15 MM type (cash budget less than $100k). They would rather buy a $1400psf x 300 sq ft = $420k than a $800psf x 1250 sq ft = $1 million. The interesting trend today is even though PSF has gone up e.g. in D15, the value of the units has actually come down.

As for Seletaris, nice FH development - only downside is you need a car to get around. Just like hillview - Better for homestay than speculation.
    MMunits: i buy more for rental yield(cashcow)...if make some capital appreciation...extra bonus

hillvista: more for capital appreciation....tats the only new one in the entire hillview...will attract more attention i suppose? hehe

MM units: u wana make 100k oredi make the selling PSF (not keen in such small capital appreciation)

still got transaction for bigger quantum lor...remember Mm units sales comprises ard 10% of the total sales volume. majority 90% still bigger units mah