Thread: What are the chances of Ocean Park getting En Bloc?

Question What are the chances of Ocean Park getting En Bloc?

Need your views on this as I'm hoping to buy a unit to stay for at least 10 years! Thank you for your opinions.

Quote Originally Posted by jeth744
    Need your views on this as I'm hoping to buy a unit to stay for at least 10 years! Thank you for your opinions.
    Katong is evergreen area , in short , price stabilty over time.
    If Prices are too high, buyers look elsewhere.

Quote Originally Posted by jeth744
    IMO, enbloc fever is almost unheard now. scale of 1/10... dun tink will have any enbloc for the next 5-10yrs.....

Quote Originally Posted by pod
    IMO, enbloc fever is almost unheard now. scale of 1/10... dun tink will have any enbloc for the next 5-10yrs.....

Enbloc is a effective way to get rid of old buildings/estate. For FH land like ocean park, down cycle is probably the best time for developers to get best enbloc deal.

2012 or 2013, should have chance

Any update?

Btw, why is Ocean Park and Fernwood subject to special height control?

They tried just 3-4 years ago, but I think they failed to hv the 80%.

Well, there is no X factor in this project, no good seaview, and not near to the new MRT stations..(yet to confirm)

so, in conclusion, it depends on the price. I forsee it is very difficult to hv the 80%

Quote Originally Posted by Laguna
    They tried just 3-4 years ago, but I think they failed to hv the 80%.

Well, there is no X factor in this project, no good seaview, and not near to the new MRT stations..(yet to confirm)

so, in conclusion, it depends on the price. I forsee it is very difficult to hv the 80%
    yes...such big project....even gotten 80% aso will hf problem finding a buyer

The upcoming ERL will also change the dynamics of the pricing in that area.

Quote Originally Posted by howgozit
    The upcoming ERL will also change the dynamics of the pricing in that area.
    not really lor....MRT is gd for ulu OCR whereby last time location is inaccessible (for eg. changi court/green)

u see punggol...got NEL but the prices still will be capped at OCR levels....

D15 oredi vy high....for its prices to go higher, CCR prices goto rise further more

Quote Originally Posted by devilplate
    not really lor....MRT is gd for ulu OCR whereby last time location is inaccessible (for eg. changi court/green)

D15 oredi vy high....for its prices to go higher, CCR prices goto rise further more
    I think if ERL allows more people from other areas to enjoy East Coast, or get tourists to visit heritage sites at Joo Chiat more easily, this may usher in a wave of commercial interest such as more restaurants at East Coast beach, more boutiques etc ...

With an increased dynamism and vibes, there could be more interest in the rejuvenation of the area, ie sprucing up of old malls like Katong SC, Roxy SC and Odean Katong...

This would definitely bring up the overall pricing of the area.

But of course, this would take years to materialise ... which is why its all about envisioning the future

Quote Originally Posted by devilplate

Agree to some extent up to Telok Kurau. East of TK, there may be some upside. For example, I think Fernwood and Mandarin Gardens can go up some more with ERL

Btw, I was thinking more in terms of the willingness of Ocean Park residents to go enbloc. I think more will hold out for higher if there is an MRT station nearby. And bcoz it is enbloc, the psf comparison may not be equitable to the rest of the regular sales in D15.

Just a guess.

some hearsay that the last enbloc vote only garnered 30+% in favour.