Page 1 of 26 123456111621 ... LastLast

Thread: Casa Merah: For owners only.

Default Casa Merah: For owners only.

Hi all, I have created this thread for owners so that we can share any updated news and enquires we might need and enquires from buyers looking at Casa Merah based on our experience.

If this thread is successful, we can share our experience after we moved in to discuss the pros and cons!

*Sorry but this is not a thread a property agent who is looking for buyer, you can look at previous thread currently available*

Let me be the second one here.

Just bought a 3 bedder unit in Casa Merah. Stack 10.
    Transaction will only be completed in early July.

how much did you pay, psf? thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by hkching
    Let me be the second one here.

Just bought a 3 bedder unit in Casa Merah. Stack 10.
    Transaction will only be completed in early July.

Quote Originally Posted by ipoh72
    how much did you pay, psf? thanks
    Just PMed you. You also an owner at Casa Merah? Welcome...

Anyone saw the showroom when it was around? Any comments on the finishes? I missed it leh..

teddybear is offline Global recession is coming....

You buy without knowing how it will look like?

Anyone saw the showroom when it was around? Any comments on the finishes? I missed it leh..

Same with hkching, bought stack 10 as well. Well those who already bought must have a clear idea what appeals to this property.

For me is the quiet environment and next to Mrt and the overall layout of this place.

For interior wise, i'll prefer to rectangular space layout compared to the curvy layout. More ideas in terms of creating spacious interior design.

Rather than looking at $psf, maybe can share why u bought this place in the 1st place.

Can potential buyer post in this thread?

Any news about the potential TOP date?

Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by teddybear
    You buy without knowing how it will look like?
    I grew up in the east so have a liking for these areas. To me, the location of the property and the layout of the unit is more important. As you can't change these things. For the rest, you can change thru reno the things that you don't like.

Too bad I bought in the sub-sale market, so no showroom to visit. Only sales brochure and Internet. Anyway, I've always liked Wing Tai's project.
    Just wanted to find out more now to budget for reno funds.

Smile

No offence but think you will hv to set a higher budget

I grew up in the east so have a liking for these areas. To me, the location of the property and the layout of the unit is more important. As you can't change these things. For the rest, you can change thru reno the things that you don't like.

Too bad I bought in the sub-sale market, so no showroom to visit. Only sales brochure and Internet. Anyway, I've always liked Wing Tai's project.
    Just wanted to find out more now to budget for reno funds.

Well i am budgeting ard 20K for renov....hopefully is enough since the basic setting are there like air-con, toilet and built-in wardrobe. But like everyone else they have different ideas how they want house to look!

Me too.. ard 20k excluding furnishings.

Venus : you didn't like the finishes huh?

hello neighbours of casa merah! good to see everyone here, and hope to see more owners joining this thread! i am on stack 16 - any same-block neighbours here??

my fiancee and i both live in the east area and tanah merah happens to be right in the middle btw both out parents' place and convenient to travel both ways. the proximity to the MRT and relative serenity of the place also weighed heavily on the plus side. i guess 1 downside is the lack of amenities around the area, which i am hoping will be addressed by development of any commercial buildings in the empty patch. u guys know of any confirmation of what's coming up (besides the new residential area in front of the MRT)?

wat kinda finishing did you order (or for sub-sale buyers like me - inherit)? i inherited homogeneous marble for living and dining rooms and burmese teak for the bedroom, which i am happy with. also, are you requesting for any customizations to be done by developers (e.g. knocking down a wall, changing the flooring material etc), or is it too late in the game to do so?

For me, i am trying to get developer to knock down the kitchen wall to make it more spacious. Trying to get the price to do it tho.

We might add window glass over it to avoid smoke spreading to living room, depending what kind of meals my wife will cook! Haha!

As Casa Merah is good in the since that Mrt will bring me to airport straight and my wife's parent is in Ubi.

For me also hard to get something to eat and buy groceries by foot, guess have to stock in the meantime or drive.

haha...have you established the fact that she will cook? or are u working under a presumption? :P

i would think now that most things are already up 7788, it will be hard to get developers to do any changes without incurring extra costs. my plan is to see what the unit looks like first when it TOPs before deciding anything else. reno budget will then depend heavily on this too, so hopefully it will not require much additions!!

simpang bedok nearby seems pretty walkable (at nite mabbe. the day heat these days is too much!! ), so can still go get stockups once in a while. but food-wise, only the pratas and the gorengs..not v exciting leh.

Quote Originally Posted by andyng76
    For me, i am trying to get developer to knock down the kitchen wall to make it more spacious. Trying to get the price to do it tho.

We might add window glass over it to avoid smoke spreading to living room, depending what kind of meals my wife will cook! Haha!

As Casa Merah is good in the since that Mrt will bring me to airport straight and my wife's parent is in Ubi.

For me also hard to get something to eat and buy groceries by foot, guess have to stock in the meantime or drive.

i SEE business opportunities here but it depends what the commercial estate is used for. If is Food court....jialat!

i SEE business opportunities here but it depends what the commercial estate is used for. If is Food court....jialat!
    Yap... I'm quite sure there's a food court if its a commercial development.

As for groceries, we usually buy on our way home from work. So not really an issue. Maybe really need stocking up.

I'm talking to some reno ID's for quotes so hopefully can start work once TOP. I'll temporary move to my mum's place in Tampines once my current place is sold, so I don't want to impose on her too long. Also troublesome with changing of address, season parking, telephone lines, postage mails, etc...

Quote Originally Posted by cksonic
    hello neighbours of casa merah! good to see everyone here, and hope to see more owners joining this thread! i am on stack 16 - any same-block neighbours here??

my fiancee and i both live in the east area and tanah merah happens to be right in the middle btw both out parents' place and convenient to travel both ways. the proximity to the MRT and relative serenity of the place also weighed heavily on the plus side. i guess 1 downside is the lack of amenities around the area, which i am hoping will be addressed by development of any commercial buildings in the empty patch. u guys know of any confirmation of what's coming up (besides the new residential area in front of the MRT)?

wat kinda finishing did you order (or for sub-sale buyers like me - inherit)? i inherited homogeneous marble for living and dining rooms and burmese teak for the bedroom, which i am happy with. also, are you requesting for any customizations to be done by developers (e.g. knocking down a wall, changing the flooring material etc), or is it too late in the game to do so?
    I'm checking on what is requested by the previous only. But I think its too late to change now. All the floorings have been laid already, from what I can see from outside.

hkching,

Let's hope our timing is right together so that we will not disturb each other when we moved in K!

Apologies in advance 1st in case i am late in finishing my renov. Pls dun poke broom stick up your roof k!

he will need a really long broom to poke u up there!

btw do u think we can actually go into the site and tk a look now? or will get chased out? so far can only view from outside, so quite interested to go in and see how development is going on.

hkching,

Let's hope our timing is right together so that we will not disturb each other when we moved in K!

Apologies in advance 1st in case i am late in finishing my renov. Pls dun poke broom stick up your roof k!

Actually i went in, even pay Hongbao to the worker for only 10mins. Not much done yet include the floor tiles.

But Toilet is completed including air-con and cardboard.

U can go the East meadow to see closer!

hkching: I used to stay down the road, like the neighbourhood very much. Was interested to get a unit here but changed my mind after viewing the showflat. The design is quite dated and cheap looking...but it's fine like u said can always spend money to change the fittings. What i didnt like most is the kitchen layout. Very small and very little countertop space and worst of all...the washing machine is just right next the the cooker hob! This was the biggest turnoff for me. However for ppl who hardly cook at home then it's not an issue i guess. But really don't expect quality as the project is handled mainly by NTUC Choice Homes. Sorry don't mean to throw a wet blanket but this is just my humble opinion on the project since u asked....hee hee. Anyway don't worry too much, i believe u can "transform" it with your 20k budget.

Quote Originally Posted by cksonic
    he will need a really long broom to poke u up there!

btw do u think we can actually go into the site and tk a look now? or will get chased out? so far can only view from outside, so quite interested to go in and see how development is going on.
    I think cannot leh... not safe i think. But I know of someone posing as contractor and went up to his unit a few months ago.

Quote Originally Posted by venus
    hkching: I used to stay down the road, like the neighbourhood very much. Was interested to get a unit here but changed my mind after viewing the showflat. The design is quite dated and cheap looking...but it's fine like u said can always spend money to change the fittings. What i didnt like most is the kitchen layout. Very small and very little countertop space and worst of all...the washing machine is just right next the the cooker hob! This was the biggest turnoff for me. However for ppl who hardly cook at home then it's not an issue i guess. But really don't expect quality as the project is handled mainly by NTUC Choice Homes. Sorry don't mean to throw a wet blanket but this is just my humble opinion on the project since u asked....hee hee. Anyway don't worry too much, i believe u can "transform" it with your 20k budget.
    Thanks for your honest comment. Will see see first then decide how to make it more modern with minimum cost..

Actually i went in, even pay Hongbao to the worker for only 10mins. Not much done yet include the floor tiles.

But Toilet is completed including air-con and cardboard.

U can go the East meadow to see closer!
    You managed to take any photos? Share share...

Quote Originally Posted by Deepblue
    Can potential buyer post in this thread?

Any news about the potential TOP date?

Thanks.
    Last I hear from NTUC is Aug 09. It's been moving forward since I last asked in Jan. Previously was Sept/Oct -09

Can also let me know the cost? I'm also thinking of doing so cos the kitchen is a bit small.

Also I need to install some grilles. I understand there will be an appointed contractor by the condo to do that. Let's hope it is not too ex.

jus a curiousity qn, anyone looking at engaging a fengshui master to have a look at the unit before renovation?

Can also let me know the cost? I'm also thinking of doing so cos the kitchen is a bit small.

Also I need to install some grilles. I understand there will be an appointed contractor by the condo to do that. Let's hope it is not too ex.
    What's it with grilles? make your apartment look HDB and feel so "prison-like".. you feel so unsecure living in a condo and think that a spiderman themed crook can access you high floor unit?

i agree. have you seen modena at simei? no offence if there are modena owners looking at this thread...but from the outside it looks like a set for Prison Break!

but honestly speaking, are grilles a requirement by law to be installed? or isit only for hdb?

Quote Originally Posted by WolleyDragon
    What's it with grilles? make your apartment look HDB and feel so "prison-like".. you feel so unsecure living in a condo and think that a spiderman themed crook can access you high floor unit?