Page 25 of 26 FirstFirst ... 5101520212223242526 LastLast

Thread: Casa Merah: For owners only.

wahlau hey, you think too highly of yourself lah...

also no lift on your side of the development maybe because you stay at the cheap end!! haha

i also think it will be quite hard to do a lift to B2. it seems to me that on the BBQ pit half of CS, there is only B1 parking, and on the pool end there is only B2 parking? i.e. essentially there is only 1 level of carpark ..

i believe signs is required at the minimum to direct visitors to the correct blocks and staircases to the correct areas. and i agree - the carpark can get abit unsafe and eerie at night - not recommended for ladies at late nite.

Quote Originally Posted by doragirl
    which side are u saying? I think there's quite a few staircases at different corners leading to B1 and B2 but let me share with u my personal experience, it's quite quiet and dangerous to take the stairs alone, anytime happen not sure if people can see/hear or even save u. The stairs i tried taking was right at the corner near BBQ pit - leads to B1 and B2 carpark.
    I think there should be and i hope there's a lift that goes down to B2. But building a lift is not just as simple as it sounds, not sure if the whole project residents write in to request will they even make it.
    The other day my relatives came but the elderly one was on walking stick, they went down to B2 but couldn't find a way up, so got to drive up back to B1 to alight her at the lift and then go back to park at B2 and walk up the stairs to B1 again. hmmm... i'm not sure if i'm the only person facing this frustration because only half the residents in CS will face this problem. (those at the main pool side are spare the torture)

Quote Originally Posted by WolleyDragon
    wahlau hey, you think too highly of yourself lah...

also no lift on your side of the development maybe because you stay at the cheap end!! haha
    Why want to make such nasty comments? 1st floor or penthouse is still staying at CS right? I don't have to tell you which unit/facing i stay to make me feel more superior than you. If u don't have constructive comments, i appreciate you just shut up

Quote Originally Posted by cksonic
    i also think it will be quite hard to do a lift to B2. it seems to me that on the BBQ pit half of CS, there is only B1 parking, and on the pool end there is only B2 parking? i.e. essentially there is only 1 level of carpark ..

i believe signs is required at the minimum to direct visitors to the correct blocks and staircases to the correct areas. and i agree - the carpark can get abit unsafe and eerie at night - not recommended for ladies at late nite.
    Thank u for sharing the same sentiments.

i correct myself - there really are 2 levels of parking. noticed it this morning when walking out through the side gate

are visitors not allowed to park at b1? wonder what they would do, cos it really isn't too convenient for visitors to go all the way from b2 to the other end of the condo at b1.

which side are u saying? I think there's quite a few staircases at different corners leading to B1 and B2 but let me share with u my personal experience, it's quite quiet and dangerous to take the stairs alone, anytime happen not sure if people can see/hear or even save u. The stairs i tried taking was right at the corner near BBQ pit - leads to B1 and B2 carpark.
    I think there should be and i hope there's a lift that goes down to B2. But building a lift is not just as simple as it sounds, not sure if the whole project residents write in to request will they even make it.
    The other day my relatives came but the elderly one was on walking stick, they went down to B2 but couldn't find a way up, so got to drive up back to B1 to alight her at the lift and then go back to park at B2 and walk up the stairs to B1 again. hmmm... i'm not sure if i'm the only person facing this frustration because only half the residents in CS will face this problem. (those at the main pool side are spare the torture)
    One tip: At B2 level, you can use "bell" button to call the security guy open the door to any lift for you. You should inform your guest about this.
    Install new lift is impossible due to current building structure

that's new to me!! thanks for sharing!!

Quote Originally Posted by xubingtao
    One tip: At B2 level, you can use "bell" button to call the security guy open the door to any lift for you. You should inform your guest about this.
    Install new lift is impossible due to current building structure

it seems like this problem will hit every condo. I'm staying at blk 50+ side and every now and then, my serviceman, delivery, visitors were all asked to go b2 to park and the strangest thing is there's no lift access up from b2 carpark! There's not even a signboard that indicates the 50+ blocks. Service man called me and told me no such block in casa merah! can't find in whole b2. after i went down to check, notice right at both ends there are staircases.
    visitors parking at carpark again has no direct access to function room and got to go through one block which again, even i've no access to open the door for them at level 1. what's going on with this poor estate management..disappointed.

Note: message not intended for non-casa merah residents. please refrain from your nasty postings. thank u.
    I just told them to park at B1 instead. It is never full anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by hkching
    I just told them to park at B1 instead. It is never full anyway.
    when i called up management and told them the problem, they said got residents complain visitors park at B1 and no lots left for residents to park so that's y all visitors must go B2. be careful of the security, sometimes they very on the ball to call up the house to ask visitors to shift the cars.

Prices shall go up for D18 especially Double bay residence and if got change can buy unit in resale market.

Default Casa Merah come up Top in Subsale Market 2009!!!

Despite of a bad economy last year but booming property market in Singapore, Casa Merah managed to come up TOP in the subsale market. Good start to the new year for all CM owners.....

Huat Ah! to all Casa merah investors and owners !!!

'Flipping' rate at 3-year low

Reselling of yet-to-be completed private apartments falls to 14% last year

By Joyce Teo

Sub-sales of non-landed homes fell to a three-year low last year, with the proportion at 14 per cent of total non-landed sales, said the latest report from property consultancy DTZ.

This figure is below the 16 per cent in 2008 and 15 per cent in 2007, but much higher than the 2 per cent to 11 per cent registered between 1998 and 2006.

A sub-sale takes place when a buyer buys a new apartment, then resells it before it is built. These deals are usually used as an indicator of speculative activity in the property market.

There were some concerns about the rise in speculative buying in the middle of last year when prices were rising.

In mid-September, the Government announced cooling measures which appeared to have tempered speculative interest, said Colliers International director of research and advisory Tay Huey Ying.

New measures announced on Friday could further dampen interest a little.

The Government said it would levy a stamp duty on sellers of private homes if they were to sell the homes within a year of purchase on or after Feb 20 this year.

It also lowered the loan-to-value limit to 80 per cent for all housing loans provided by financial institutions, from 90 per cent previously.

The Government introduced these measures to 'temper sentiments and pre-empt a property bubble from forming'.

The moves come despite the comparatively lower speculative activity now.

In 1995, sub-sales accounted for a hefty 29 per cent of total non-landed sales. This figure was at 23 per cent in 1996. Last year, median sub-sale prices rose by 24 per cent.

DTZ noted that the median sub-sale price of non-landed homes rose by 3.8 per cent to $1,090 per sq ft in the fourth quarter of last year.

In the last three months of last year, Casa Merah in Tanah Merah saw the highest number of sub-sale transactions, followed by Ferraria Park in Changi.

Median sub-sale prices at Casa Merah rose to $800 psf in the fourth quarter, up from $770 psf in the third quarter and $671 psf at the end of 2008. Both projects were granted Temporary Occupation Permits in the third quarter of last year, DTZ said.

Newly completed projects or those nearing completion usually attract a higher level of sub-sales as the new buyer can move in or rent it out quickly, consultants said.

Knight Frank managing director for residential services Peter Ow thinks sub-sales as a proportion of total home sales may rise this year as many projects will be completed this year.

Other experts think that with the new measures, sub-sale numbers may hold steady this year.

In any case, consultants generally do not expect sub-sales to rise significantly this year. Said Ms Tay: 'Last year, many people bought mass market properties. But, as mass market prices may not rise substantially this year, there may not be many gains to be made in the sub-sale market.'

High-end prices are expected to rise more than mass market prices this year, but runaway prices are unlikely, said DTZ, given concerns such as credit tightening in China.

'Those who want to flip can do so only when the market is rising very fast,' said its head of South-east Asia research, Ms Chua Chor Hoon.

'The new measures won't scare away the speculators. But they will make them think very carefully about flipping as the Government could introduce more measures if needed,' said Ngee Ann Polytechnic lecturer Nicholas Mak.

Default advices on kindergardens near Casa Merah

great to join the Casa Merah owners community. Interestingly, I started my search in the west, went through Botannia, Carabelle, Infiniti, Monterey Park and all that, finally made our purchase as Casa Merah. Compared to the distance to MRT and the price, Casa Merah seems like a no brainer. Don't give too much considerations on the 999 vs 99 leasehold. My ownership horizon is really 3-4 years.

Quick question for Casa Merah owners, can you give us some advices on finding good kindergarden nearby not too far out? We are both Chinese and have a 2year kid who has US passport, so not sure what kind of kindergarden we are allowed to put him in. We have a monthly budget at about $700-$1000 for his kindergardens.

Appreciate all your advices.

Quote Originally Posted by freefly4587
    great to join the Casa Merah owners community. Interestingly, I started my search in the west, went through Botannia, Carabelle, Infiniti, Monterey Park and all that, finally made our purchase as Casa Merah. Compared to the distance to MRT and the price, Casa Merah seems like a no brainer. Don't give too much considerations on the 999 vs 99 leasehold. My ownership horizon is really 3-4 years.

Quick question for Casa Merah owners, can you give us some advices on finding good kindergarden nearby not too far out? We are both Chinese and have a 2year kid who has US passport, so not sure what kind of kindergarden we are allowed to put him in. We have a monthly budget at about $700-$1000 for his kindergardens.

Appreciate all your advices.
    There is a Montessori in Eastpoint mall next to Simei MRT. It has classes for playgroup, nursery (N1/N2) up to kindergarten (K1/K2).

Quote Originally Posted by jitkiat
    There is a Montessori in Eastpoint mall next to Simei MRT. It has classes for playgroup, nursery (N1/N2) up to kindergarten (K1/K2).
    Thanks! this looks pretty good. http://www.josiahmontessori.com/teacher.htm

yesterday i were waiting the train at the platform ad look back to the condo. I noted that a lot of ppl hang their clothe in balcony. it really make the condo like foreign worker hostel. Sorry if i offend any owners. I just feel tht we should keep our living environment neat and clean..at least from outlook

Reporter is offline F01 N54 Sheer Driving Pleasure

Congratulations!
    Your patience is being rewarded.
    Casa Merah has a nëw hïgh of $959 psf!

Casa Merah
    Address ........................................... psf ............ Area ........ Price .......... Contract Date
    74 Tanah Merah Kechil Avenue #10-47 .... $959 psf .... 990 sqft .... $950,000 .... 7 Apr 10

Quote Originally Posted by Reporter
    Congratulations!

Casa Merah
    Address ........................................... psf ............ Area ........ Price .......... Contract Date
    74 Tanah Merah Kechil Avenue #10-47 .... $959 psf .... 990 sqft .... $950,000 .... 7 Apr 10
    hahaha thanks thanks...not that ican move out though. but high better than low..

I think it is pretty common and there is nothing wrong with it. I hang my clothes out too (not casa merah though). Wind + sun, sure dry in 2 hours.

Quote Originally Posted by kskong2000
    yesterday i were waiting the train at the platform ad look back to the condo. I noted that a lot of ppl hang their clothe in balcony. it really make the condo like foreign worker hostel. Sorry if i offend any owners. I just feel tht we should keep our living environment neat and clean..at least from outlook

Seriously, will you stay at a private area or some birds don't lay egg for the same price? I mean, some chestnut condos already 800-900 psf. I will take casa merah anytime even 100 psf more. It is like sixth avenue but of course, a sub urban sixth ave but still better than some locations asking for the same price.

Quote Originally Posted by Reporter
    Congratulations!

Casa Merah

teddybear is offline Global recession is coming....

It seems to be pretty common in those suburb mass-market properties?

Quote Originally Posted by Squall8888
    I think it is pretty common and there is nothing wrong with it. I hang my clothes out too (not casa merah though). Wind + sun, sure dry in 2 hours.

hey CM owners...just wondering if any thoughts on the monthly maintenance fee cost? mine is a 3-bedder and it costs me $307/month incl GST. it's my first property, and i do feel it is a bit on the high side...

how does it usually work longterm...any chance of it getting reduced in the future?

hey CM owners...just wondering if any thoughts on the monthly maintenance fee cost? mine is a 3-bedder and it costs me $307/month incl GST. it's my first property, and i do feel it is a bit on the high side...

how does it usually work longterm...any chance of it getting reduced in the future?
    i also find it on the high side considering there's 500 over units here.

Was this communicated to the prospective buyers before purchase?

i also find it on the high side considering there's 500 over units here.

paying $300 plus consider high side and cannot afford to pay?? wahlau, you guys damn small time lah..

Want to reduce the fee.. sure can one. In the next AGM, make it one of the items to discuss.

Short term owners will want to pay as little as possible as they have a disregard for future major repairs and maintenances (maybe 5-10 yrs down the road)..

we are talking about comparable condos' maintenance fee, not to show off we are damn rich like YOU.

Smile

your comments sound like vaginal farts to me. haha

Dear adminstrator,

Please do something to stop users from making obscene remarks on the board.

Thank you.

The first year's rate is usually communicated to the buyers at the show room. It is diffcult to compare to other projects as every project has its own facilities and other considerations. Some have basement parking, some have special spa, some have what have you facilities. Important thing to note however is that the first year rate has the approval of the relevant goverment authority.

Bus subsequent years' rate will be up to the resident's MC to decide.

thanks Jazzer! it's advices like yours that makes forums work

wonder when and how the MC will be formed up. i'm indeed a small-timer

Quote Originally Posted by Jazzer
    The first year's rate is usually communicated to the buyers at the show room. It is diffcult to compare to other projects as every project has its own facilities and other considerations. Some have basement parking, some have special spa, some have what have you facilities. Important thing to note however is that the first year rate has the approval of the relevant goverment authority.

Bus subsequent years' rate will be up to the resident's MC to decide.

Default Noise from Optima Construction

These guys are working at night and over the weekend. Is this allowed in Singapore? Don't mind they work but weekend should give people a break.