Page 20 of 26 FirstFirst ... 5101516171819202122232425 ... LastLast

Thread: Casa Merah: For owners only.

Quote Originally Posted by doragirl
    the standard design for the window grilles ....
    am thinking of just making the stripe type. wat will happen if i go ahead and do it? force me to change it?
    I think you will be in violation of the sales agreement. Inside mentioned that you need their approval before doing the grilles.

You are right about giving the developer the opportunity to rectify first before doing anything yourself. But there is usually a clause in case it is not done within time or to satisfaction. Again this can be found in S&P.

Quote Originally Posted by hkching
    I think you can only claim the cost if the developer cannot fix the fault within the stipulated time. Or they cannot do it up to satisfaction after a few tries. So try not to do it yourself first. Unless its pretty minor and your renovator can help to cover it.

I think you will be in violation of the sales agreement. Inside mentioned that you need their approval before doing the grilles.
    i do know of someone who install grilles other than the approved one in their condo..not CS. so far nothing happened. not sure i want to take the risk or not...

i do know of someone who install grilles other than the approved one in their condo..not CS. so far nothing happened. not sure i want to take the risk or not...
    If most of us think this is a bad design, we can ask them change. In the end, we are the owner.They already have my feedback form in their hand. I think more feedback form is required to change their mind.

Quote Originally Posted by xubingtao
    If most of us think this is a bad design, we can ask them change. In the end, we are the owner.They already have my feedback form in their hand. I think more feedback form is required to change their mind.
    they don't seem to have a fix stand. i ask about decking at balcony allow or not. they said not sure. just put in the request in the reno form .

Quote Originally Posted by cksonic
    haha..yalor. this is our first property, so we wanna be more "ngeow" abt things. we literally went on all fours knocking almost all the tiles to check the hollowness inside.

hkching, it's been a long time waiting for your keys! looking forward to your report!
    Just came back from opening door. Generally ok.
    Minor defects quite a few (i think i pasted at least 40 masking tape around the house indicating the defects ). Like scratches, misalignment, 1-2 chip tiles, ABS trimming not properly done, etc...

Oh yes, they mentioned that the window grilles will be white.

Minor defects quite a few (i think i pasted at least 40 masking tape around the house indicating the defects ). Like scratches, misalignment, 1-2 chip tiles, ABS trimming not properly done, etc...

I happen to visit my friend units at Blk 54, his unit have many defects.

My sis unit only have 3 defects at Kitchen only. It would be due too many units the standard is not the same. We are lucky to get a very good unit with min defects.

Default huh

Hello ! window grilles ? you mean there will be window grilles provided?

Quote Originally Posted by james8899
    Hello ! window grilles ? you mean there will be window grilles provided?
    Windows grilles are not provided. But if you want to do it, you can only use their design. I've confirmed that the design will be white. It was mentioned in earlier posts that it may be bronze, like the front gate.

Heard my friend unit air-con leaking big time. The one near to the main door, beside the kitchen. Piping not done properly. It's small issue but need to get it done asap because of the paint erosion.

Quote Originally Posted by Squall8888
    Heard my friend unit air-con leaking big time. The one near to the main door, beside the kitchen. Piping not done properly. It's small issue but need to get it done asap because of the paint erosion.
    Thanks for sharing the info... Will go back and check again...

Quote Originally Posted by Squall8888
    any idea if he takes long to realise this point? some aircon takes about 1hour to trigger the water leaking. must find time to go down sit down and blow aircon

Default Color of grilles

Although they approved white color, i still found it ugly. My ID strongly recommends light grey, the same color as the window frame. I appealled, but got rejected

How hah? Anyone has the same problem?

My ID said most of condos in Singapore allow the color of window frame. Dont know why CM so strict...

is anyone planning to do up a front gate? we may scrap off the idea because the chances of opening the door with the front gate open is quite slim because view is not unblocked.

Quote Originally Posted by dist16
    Although they approved white color, i still found it ugly. My ID strongly recommends light grey, the same color as the window frame. I appealled, but got rejected

How hah? Anyone has the same problem?

My ID said most of condos in Singapore allow the color of window frame. Dont know why CM so strict...
    actually white is 'bearable' to the eyes. i look at the grilles design this morning again.. sigh.. a bit like jail feeling. but what to do, got kids at home sure must make

is anyone planning to do up a front gate? we may scrap off the idea because the chances of opening the door with the front gate open is quite slim because view is not unblocked.
    I will not do front gate.. but will change the lock..

actually white is 'bearable' to the eyes. i look at the grilles design this morning again.. sigh.. a bit like jail feeling. but what to do, got kids at home sure must make
    To me,as long as it is white and straight lines, I'm pretty ok with it...

To me,as long as it is white and straight lines, I'm pretty ok with it...
    White color seems to be a little outdated. I think the in-thing now is wrought iron, you can customise the color to your desire.

Actually like what Dora mentioned having a gate would be appropriate if you have small children. Just leave it as it is if it is alright. I dun think there will be any theft as security is quite tight at CM.

My thoughts :

Take your unit like you are entering a hotel or service apartment after alighting from the lift. Most hotels or service apartment do not have a iron gate infront, it does not give the resort style feeling. Just having it neat and simple or changing the padlock would be a better choice.....

Quote Originally Posted by Daniel Foo
    White color seems to be a little outdated. I think the in-thing now is wrought iron, you can customise the color to your desire.

Actually like what Dora mentioned having a gate would be appropriate if you have small children. Just leave it as it is if it is alright. I dun think there will be any theft as security is quite tight at CM.

My thoughts :

Take your unit like you are entering a hotel or service apartment after alighting from the lift. Most hotels or service apartment do not have a iron gate infront, it does not give the resort style feeling. Just having it neat and simple or changing the padlock would be a better choice.....
    this part i agree, without the gate has a more resort or hotel feel.

change to what type of lock is good? The lock they give us will (technically speaking) spoil after sometime based on experience. Why they never give us those computerised type ..hehe

this part i agree, without the gate has a more resort or hotel feel.

change to what type of lock is good? The lock they give us will (technically speaking) spoil after sometime based on experience. Why they never give us those computerised type ..hehe
    I'm intending to add a digital lock. Anyway have to change the lock cos I already pass the key to my main contractor.

just turned on my power supply over the weekend and tested the aircon. switched on all the units for 3 hours at 22C to test leakage, so far none found. hopefully this "test" is sufficient liao..
    any idea if he takes long to realise this point? some aircon takes about 1hour to trigger the water leaking. must find time to go down sit down and blow aircon

hope this is not a silly question - is there supposed to be a "door" covering the power switchboard located in the kitchen? mine doesn't have one, and from my current home, i thought it makes safety sense to have one. dunno whether this shd be reported as a "defect"?

hope this is not a silly question - is there supposed to be a "door" covering the power switchboard located in the kitchen? mine doesn't have one, and from my current home, i thought it makes safety sense to have one. dunno whether this shd be reported as a "defect"?
    I think don't have.. hmm.. maybe we should visit each other so we know what is standard for everyone, and what is considered a defect.

Hi all, can help check your air-cons? Each aircon should have 2 white ventilation "blades" right? For my place, the dining area and MBR air-con only got 1 blade while the rest has 2 blades.

Do check too..

Hi all, can help check your air-cons? Each aircon should have 2 white ventilation "blades" right? For my place, the dining area and MBR air-con only got 1 blade while the rest has 2 blades.

Do check too..
    haha i spotted that too. i went down to function rm ask the people from developer, they said 2 different models. so it's normal.

But i check with you, do u report as defects if the paint works stained the aircon?

doesn't come with door. but don't think i will make. already very squeezy at that place. i didn't notice it until i close the storeroom door.

did anyone report defects on tiles?

did anyone report defects on tiles?
    In what aspects?
    tile chipped, stained or unevenly laid?
    Incidently, I notice some units have different tile color. I guess the owners chose the different color tone during their purchase.

==> I think basically you can list whatever you deemed is defects, it is up to management's discretion as to whether they will rectify the problem

haha i spotted that too. i went down to function rm ask the people from developer, they said 2 different models. so it's normal.

But i check with you, do u report as defects if the paint works stained the aircon?
    If can clean with thinner, then I do myself lor.. else I ask my contractor to do so. Anyway need to repaint the house mah...

just hearing views, is it plausible or dangerous to put ceiling fan at balcony? dangerous to clean right?