Page 9 of 26 FirstFirst ... 45678910111213141924 ... LastLast

Thread: Casa Merah: For owners only.

I got say cheapo meh? Anyway, it is not even close to high end. Mid end normal condo to me.

And nope. Don't expect golden tap. I am expecting 1k psf finishing. I stay at Sail, not CM. Even though I spent 1M on my studio, I still maintain that the sail finishing sucks. Nothing to hide.

If I do up my house nicely and spent a lot and someone come and comment that it is cheapo, I will accept that. I mean, not a lot of people can stay at the sail so it's ok one. You are just saying that I see someone staying in the slum but still need to have high EQ and say the slum look nice. To me, nice is nice, not nice is not nice. I still maintain that the 700 psf CM looks much nicer than 1k psf optima. Please see this - showroom vs showroom. I didn't say showroom has to be the same as actual unit.

Worst still, optima is sitting on a land cheaper than CM so you can imagine how much profit TID make from this deal. Not forgetting the noise. I just can't accept that it is selling at 900-1100 psf at such a location. Just weighing if it is a good deal so I compare location and finishing. Location is so so with MRT but finishing is not something I expect from 1k psf. I rather get somewhere central or east cost since same psf.

Quote Originally Posted by venus
    How can compare showroom to showroom? They look nice only bcos of all the ID and furnishings. What u see is not exactly what u get.

Im not trying to say optima finishing is super high end. just some standard condo stuff, what do u expect from mass mkt condo? gold plated taps?. Even if the design doesnt appeal to one also dun hv to say until "cheapo" right? How would u feel if u were to spend a lot of money do up your CM nicely and some smart aleck tells u your hse looks "cheapo"? Someone said beauty is in the eyes of the beholder. I totally agree, diff designs appeal to diff ppl. Just bcos there is no other optima owners here that's why he dare to say cheapo. If it was WFW thread i bet he wouldnt hv dare to tell them their finishing looks cheapo.

Anyway let's stop comparing CM and optima and be good neighbours. TM is such a nice neighbourhood dun turn it to everitt rd ok? Actually CM should thank optima for blocking the mrt noise leh

Aiyoh u nvr read carefully. u didn't say cheapo, I know u said doesnt look cheapo to u. Was refering to another person... the one who said cheapo so I just ask him to chk out the review that's all lah. not trying to pick a fight with him.

Yes I'm dumb paid so much for a cheap project on a cheap land with cheapo finishing.

Quote Originally Posted by thomastansb
    I got say cheapo meh? Anyway, it is not even close to high end. Mid end normal condo to me.

And nope. Don't expect golden tap. I am expecting 1k psf finishing. I stay at Sail, not CM. Even though I spent 1M on my studio, I still maintain that the sail finishing sucks. Nothing to hide.

If I do up my house nicely and spent a lot and someone come and comment that it is cheapo, I will accept that. I mean, not a lot of people can stay at the sail so it's ok one. You are just saying that I see someone staying in the slum but still need to have high EQ and say the slum look nice. To me, nice is nice, not nice is not nice. I still maintain that the 700 psf CM looks much nicer than 1k psf optima. Please see this - showroom vs showroom. I didn't say showroom has to be the same as actual unit.

Worst still, optima is sitting on a land cheaper than CM so you can imagine how much profit TID make from this deal. Not forgetting the noise. I just can't accept that it is selling at 900-1100 psf at such a location. Just weighing if it is a good deal so I compare location and finishing. Location is so so with MRT but finishing is not something I expect from 1k psf. I rather get somewhere central or east cost since same psf.

Managed to go up to CM with some help from my wife. I can confirm that the finishing is classier than Optima. Anytime. Marble finishing all the way unlike Optima. I say that Optima looks cheapo because its price tag. For that price and you give me homogeneous tiles, it is damn cheapo. Master room is not bad but the rest are soooooooooo normal.

Anyway, it is up to people to decide and judge. Not everybody will agree with me. Whether optima or cm sucks, i don't care because i don't stay there. I just want to say that optima is sold at a crazy price. 1000psf can buy better condo anytime. If optima is sold at 700psf, then i would say it is nice and class. but at 1000psf, no way man. 1000psf get 700psf quality .
    Attached Images Attached Images

Didn't know you are an optima buyer. haha. I still maintain that it is not cheapo but at 1k psf, TID ought to give something better. Fair pricing I would say.

Aiyoh u nvr read carefully. u didn't say cheapo, I know u said doesnt look cheapo to u. Was refering to another person... the one who said cheapo so I just ask him to chk out the review that's all lah. not trying to pick a fight with him.

Yes I'm dumb paid so much for a cheap project on a cheap land with cheapo finishing.

Wow.. I like the black top. My studio got a white sucky and thin one. The cupboard is the walk in one is it? I have some ideas for my studio liao. Hahahah.

Quote Originally Posted by Daniel_Yee
    Managed to go up to CM with some help from my wife. I can confirm that the finishing is classier than Optima. Anytime. Marble finishing all the way unlike Optima. I say that Optima looks cheapo because its price tag. For that price and you give me homogeneous tiles, it is damn cheapo. Master room is not bad but the rest are soooooooooo normal.

Anyway, it is up to people to decide and judge. Not everybody will agree with me. Whether optima or cm sucks, i don't care because i don't stay there. I just want to say that optima is sold at a crazy price. 1000psf can buy better condo anytime. If optima is sold at 700psf, then i would say it is nice and class. but at 1000psf, no way man. 1000psf get 700psf quality .

Quote Originally Posted by xebay11
    I did view units at Palm Galleria too and guess what? I did not buy but chose Medley instead so I would not comment on PG. BTW internal layout is more important than facade, you can practically name me any well located apt/condo at TK and I can tell you that I probably would have already viewed it.

The Medley has pool and gym, Speaking about facilities Ha Ha I am now living in a condo at Tanah with full facilities, when first moved in 2004 almost every day use the pool, now five years already, I havent been to the pool for months, I have NEVER used the Tennis Court or Sauna, I stopped going to the hot pool for years, had BBQ only once, I have my parents landed home for that, bigger and less restrictions, I only still use the gym very regularly.......so I really think that the novelty of having facilities will wear out after a while. My new unit at Medley is 1389 sq ft. The only other units I would have considered would be the Seaview but the price so much higher and no MRT access.

For price details of my unit at Medley, if you interested PM me.
    so true. I used my current place bbq pit once, swim less than once a month unless my kids bugged me to go. function room booked only twice, gym hardly go, the most i use is sauna, maybe twice a month. for me the novelty wears off after 3 mths. but i do enjoy the pool view because of the breeze that comes with it.

How can compare showroom to showroom? They look nice only bcos of all the ID and furnishings. What u see is not exactly what u get.

Im not trying to say optima finishing is super high end. just some standard condo stuff, what do u expect from mass mkt condo? gold plated taps?. Even if the design doesnt appeal to one also dun hv to say until "cheapo" right? How would u feel if u were to spend a lot of money do up your CM nicely and some smart aleck tells u your hse looks "cheapo"? Someone said beauty is in the eyes of the beholder. I totally agree, diff designs appeal to diff ppl. Just bcos there is no other optima owners here that's why he dare to say cheapo. If it was WFW thread i bet he wouldnt hv dare to tell them their finishing looks cheapo.

Anyway let's stop comparing CM and optima and be good neighbours. TM is such a nice neighbourhood dun turn it to everitt rd ok? Actually CM should thank optima for blocking the mrt noise leh
    Just like the radio advertisement on TV - ONLY HEAR THE GOOD THINGS.
    So i suggest you should post the good comments you hear about your project in your optima thread and not give us wrong impressions about where you are coming from.

Thanks for the pictures Daniel Yee!

I've a silly question to ask. Since it has TOP, will they stop me from going in? If i tell them I'm owner u think it can pass off?

and oh oh, walk-in wardrobe not enough to hang all my dresses .. ask my hubby put his in the kids' room.

I don't own CM or Optima. Honestly I will never get to be "ballotted" just to buy a house. The buyers all are caught by the agents and developer mkting frenzy. Buy higher than your immediate neighbours and have to wait 2 more years.

Buy a subsale CM is better than Optima -
    since you are likely to get cheaper (can bargain somemore) than Optima price 1000psf (profit already lock-in by first buyer).
    - Almost TOP , quality and finishing already proven better than Optima
    - Next to MRT also, the best is all noise is now shielded by future Optima (A Very Big Selling point)

If you are potential buyer for own stay now, would you choose CM or Optima

- For investment rental yields or own stay CM Wins !!!

Honestly guys, no point to fight CM vs Optima which is better. Not apple to apple comparison. One has got TOP and immediate rental income and one still get years to go so maybe can flip.. for different type of investors I guess.

I always believe if my neighbour house price higher is good news for me, that means my house price can go up also...

Also CM 700psf vs Optima 1000 is not a fair comparison. CM is not 700 in today's mkt, and Optima 1000 is only for smaller unit. 3 bedded in Optima is only around 800 lah... developers played a lot tricks nowadays when they sell.

Anayway let us be good neighbours

Is asking price of CM softening? Looks like people rather go for Optima @ 800 (3br)-900psf (2br) rather than top up cash to buy subsales from CM?

Quote Originally Posted by jitkiat
    Is asking price of CM softening? Looks like people rather go for Optima @ 800 (3br)-900psf (2br) rather than top up cash to buy subsales from CM?
    Most of the better orientation Casa Merah units owners keeping them to stay, not selling. Most of the units you see people advertising now for CM are the "not so prime units" etc those facing landed property blocks (maximun afternoon sun), those stack facing Optima (offloading their unit because block by Optima). People trying for Optima because of novelty and many news hype on this project. Bottomline, if you buy Optima, you got little buffer to flip if the property market soften down.

Way to go Brudder Yee !!! Can you upload more photos of CM's interior or the surrounding landscape. I think a lot of supporters would like to have a preview. Good Job!

thanks for the photos DY! a super sneak preview sia...hehe...

Quote Originally Posted by thomastansb
    Didn't know you are an optima buyer. haha. I still maintain that it is not cheapo but at 1k psf, TID ought to give something better. Fair pricing I would say.
    Actually I also think its crazy to pay 1000psf for the studio. Can get D15 for same price. I won't pay that kind of price for TM too.

Daniel yee: nice pics. Agree marble more luxurious and cost more than homogenous, no doubt abt that. But just like to share, my present plc has marble flooring. Im sure u know marble naturally is more porous and due to the natural grains there are fine hairline "crack". They stains easily if dun clean immediately. and those "cracks" always trap dirts. I dun hv domestic helper so its very tiring hv to scrub out the trapped dirts all the time. So in a way I'm glad I'll get homogeneous tiles purely due to easier maintenance as I'm the lazy type. Again pls huh its just me and my stupid reasoning. NOT comparing and dun hv to agree with me. Marble is indeed more classy.

I would like to upload but need my wife to bring me in again. Security guard won't allow you in and furthermore, it has already TOP so technically, if anything goes wrong, the security and management will be in shit.

As for price softening, I am also waiting but I think fat hope when your neighbour is sub-selling 1000 to 1200psf for 2 bedders. I hope to buy a 2 bedders to rent it out. I just checked with some agents today and this is something I found out for TWO BEDDERS.

Stack 47 and 48 asking at 850 (low) to 1000psf (high) because they claim got pool view. In my opinion, it is facing the tennis court and some small water patches with hot scorching sun. No pool view. You have to step out from the balcony with your head sticking out to sell 1/2 pool.

Stack 37 is the worst facing. Totally blocked by Optima. 780psf (1st floor) to 900psf.

Stack 41 and 45 are the premium stacks suddenly. Agents now say got pool view (Optima) in 3 years time. Asking is high. 830psf (2nd floor) to 1050psf (12th floor).

CM suddenly 'tan tio' by Optima selling price. I am kicking myself for not buying at 750psf. Now, for better facing and flooring, at least 900psf and above unless you don't mind facing your neighbour. Somemore, agents say try only at 900psf. No guarantee owner will sell. Owners now play the waiting game to reach 1000psf. Crazy market.

Dun know how true is this but agents I spoke with say most units are for own staying. Those who want to let go has already sell off since now it has already TOP. Those who want to rent out, some has already found tenant (really meh? who want to rent when haven't see the place). The rental, fyi, is 2700 to 3300 for a 2 bedders. Again, this is quoted by agents, not me. Let's say $3000 for a 947sq ft x 900psf. Rental yield is at 4%. Sound reasonable.
    Last edited by Daniel_Yee; 06-08-09 at 13:10.

I would like to upload but need my wife to bring me in again. Security guard won't allow you in and furthermore, it has already TOP so technically, if anything goes wrong, the security and management will be in shit.

As for price softening, I am also waiting but I think fat hope when your neighbour is sub-selling 1000 to 1200psf for 2 bedders. I hope to buy a 2 bedders to rent it out. I just checked with some agents today and this is something I found out for TWO BEDDERS.

Stack 47 and 48 asking at 850 (low) to 1000psf (high) because they claim got pool view. In my opinion, it is facing the tennis court and some small water patches with hot scorching sun. No pool view. You have to step out from the balcony with your head sticking out to sell 1/2 pool.

Stack 37 is the worst facing. Totally blocked by Optima. 780psf (1st floor) to 900psf.

Stack 41 and 45 are the premium stacks suddenly. Agents now say got pool view (Optima) in 3 years time. Asking is high. 830psf (2nd floor) to 1050psf (12th floor).

CM suddenly 'tan tio' by Optima selling price. I am kicking myself for not buying at 750psf. Now, for better facing and flooring, at least 900psf and above unless you don't mind facing your neighbour. Somemore, agents say try only at 900psf. No guarantee owner will sell. Owners now play the waiting game to reach 1000psf. Crazy market.

Dun know how true is this but agents I spoke with say most units are for own staying. Those who want to let go has already sell off since now it has already TOP. Those who want to rent out, some has already found tenant (really meh? who want to rent when haven't see the place). The rental, fyi, is 2700 to 3300 for a 2 bedders. Again, this is quoted by agents, not me. Let's say $3000 for a 947sq ft x 900psf. Rental yield is at 4%. Sound reasonable.
    Just curious - why you need your wife to bring you leh? Your wife working with developer hah?

xebay11 is offline New Launch Project Specialist

Quote Originally Posted by doragirl
    so true. I used my current place bbq pit once, swim less than once a month unless my kids bugged me to go. function room booked only twice, gym hardly go, the most i use is sauna, maybe twice a month. for me the novelty wears off after 3 mths. but i do enjoy the pool view because of the breeze that comes with it.
    LOL! the pool view is the only thing I am NOT happy about at my new unit, I can't stand the noise of kids playing on a lazy weekend afternoon when I need to nap. I usually avoid pool view at all costs no such luck now as all the 4 bedders at Medley have the much coveted pool view.

xebay11 is offline New Launch Project Specialist

Daniel Yee have you considered DB Residences?

Ya. She with NTUC.

DBR no immediate rental yield so I won't consider. Also surround by HDB and worse still, the MRT track.

Quote Originally Posted by Jazzer
    Just curious - why you need your wife to bring you leh? Your wife working with developer hah?

teddybear is offline Global recession is coming....

I am afraid your developer give you lousy crap marbles, that is why have cracks after some time. Same experience here. However, using good high quality marbles will not have such problem.

Actually I also think its crazy to pay 1000psf for the studio. Can get D15 for same price. I won't pay that kind of price for TM too.

Daniel yee: nice pics. Agree marble more luxurious and cost more than homogenous, no doubt abt that. But just like to share, my present plc has marble flooring. Im sure u know marble naturally is more porous and due to the natural grains there are fine hairline "crack". They stains easily if dun clean immediately. and those "cracks" always trap dirts. I dun hv domestic helper so its very tiring hv to scrub out the trapped dirts all the time. So in a way I'm glad I'll get homogeneous tiles purely due to easier maintenance as I'm the lazy type. Again pls huh its just me and my stupid reasoning. NOT comparing and dun hv to agree with me. Marble is indeed more classy.

Quote Originally Posted by doragirl
    Just like the radio advertisement on TV - ONLY HEAR THE GOOD THINGS.
    So i suggest you should post the good comments you hear about your project in your optima thread and not give us wrong impressions about where you are coming from.
    Guess u r rite. I realized this thread heading is "CM for owners only"

Sorry for intruding I promise I'll be out of here forever

Congrats to all CM owners for the TOP.

Quote Originally Posted by Jazzer
    Bro, Choice unit :2 bedder, Stack 47, #09-47, 990sq ft asking $828K, u interested? Some agent mssg me. Try contacting him at 91910991 from Propnex.

Bro, Choice unit :2 bedder, Stack 47, #09-47, 990sq ft asking $828K, u interested? Some agent mssg me. Try contacting him at 91910991 from Propnex.

I also not CM owner.

Guess u r rite. I realized this thread heading is "CM for owners only"

Sorry for intruding I promise I'll be out of here forever

Congrats to all CM owners for the TOP.

Shawn right? Anyway, stack 47 get 100% super direct afternoon sun. It's like Oven baking. The price is ok lah but I don't think I want. Next time hard to sell. I rather get stack 45 or 41. No afternoon sun yet with pool view. #1x-45 asking 940psf. 947 sq ft. Bank can only match 850psf max. How to buy?

Quote Originally Posted by Daniel Foo

Quote Originally Posted by Daniel Foo
    Way to go Brudder Yee !!! Can you upload more photos of CM's interior or the surrounding landscape. I think a lot of supporters would like to have a preview. Good Job!
    I want I want !!!

Shawn right? Anyway, stack 47 get 100% super direct afternoon sun. It's like Oven baking. The price is ok lah but I don't think I want. Next time hard to sell. I rather get stack 45 or 41. No afternoon sun yet with pool view. #1x-45 asking 940psf. 947 sq ft. Bank can only match 850psf max. How to buy?
    How to rent out stack 41/45 when construction of Optima is going on? The construction noise is even worse than MRT noise. Don't get cheated by the sellers. Who will want to suffer MRT, construction dust & noise by paying 2.5k-3k per month? When your poolview is ready, it is 4 years later liao. Wait till TID construction starts, sellers cannot rent out die die must sell lower.

Brudder Yee, Stack 45 and 41 no pool view lah==> it is facing the open field. On top of that also got "slight" morning sun too lah.

Honestly, you should try Stack 47, it is high floor #09 so got pool view (if you look right side) , tennis court view (look downwards).
    Also you got unblock view as you are looking towards landed property orientation. On top of that you will get wind blowing in from East Meadows direction. Honestly, 50% of all CM stacks have some afternoon sun exposure depending on which time of the year.

$828K for 990 sq ft works out to 836psf, try to bargain downwards to $820K. Go for it