Page 4 of 26 FirstFirst 123456789141924 ... LastLast

Thread: Casa Merah: For owners only.

Yes i have been too! and sentiments exactly...the fence looked so bare and low. i could cross over it with one foot!

JsMummie, are you also an owner of casa? do share which stack you are on! good to see new people joining!

Quote Originally Posted by JsMummie
    Oh, can someone give me the email address to write to NTUC Choice Home? I would like to find out from them what is the plan on the fencing.. have you guys been to the outside of the condo recently? The fencing is so bare and so "unprotected"...

Any idea if anyone has receive any letters from the developer? Or any news of TOP????

Quote Originally Posted by thomastansb
    Any idea if anyone has receive any letters from the developer? Or any news of TOP????
    Last I checked with NTUC they told me August. That was about 1 month ago.

Quote Originally Posted by hkching
    That's not what NTUC told me leh, regarding the floor plan. They say I can put in a request and they will get the project department to generate out the floorplan for my unit. Hmm.. Let me check when I complete my transaction in early July.
    Just signed the papers today...
    I've also put in the request for floorplan. Let's see what they say.

Just signed the papers today...
    I've also put in the request for floorplan. Let's see what they say.
    congrats to your new purchase.

Quote Originally Posted by WolleyDragon
    congrats to your new purchase.
    Thanks mate.. Now the headache of moving.

Has anyone receive any letters to collect keys?

Has anyone receive any letters to collect keys?
    Landscaping works still in the process... however do note that they seem to have speed up on most of the works..

Quote Originally Posted by cksonic
    Yes i have been too! and sentiments exactly...the fence looked so bare and low. i could cross over it with one foot!
    Seems that for those bare fence, they have put plants in front of them. Not so bad now.

Think some of the stack 3,4,7,8 etc that row, those back stack facing ang mo chu got letters.. Not sure about it. Heard from Agent one.

Can anyone confirm?

That's not what NTUC told me leh, regarding the floor plan. They say I can put in a request and they will get the project department to generate out the floorplan for my unit. Hmm.. Let me check when I complete my transaction in early July.
    Hi hkching,

The project team have provided me the floor plan but it is based on scale 1:100 floor plan, no dimension included. Pls let me know if you have received diffrently

anybody know if this is correct, or if anyone got TOP letter already? went to CM site last weekend, it doesn't seem to be TOP-ready yet. the tiles on the roads leading in are still being layed, so i don't know how ppl can move in for now.[quote=Daniel_Yee]Think some of the stack 3,4,7,8 etc that row, those back stack facing ang mo chu got letters.. Not sure about it. Heard from Agent one.

Quote Originally Posted by cksonic
    anybody know if this is correct, or if anyone got TOP letter already? went to CM site last weekend, it doesn't seem to be TOP-ready yet. the tiles on the roads leading in are still being layed, so i don't know how ppl can move in for now.
    Quote Originally Posted by Daniel_Yee
    Think some of the stack 3,4,7,8 etc that row, those back stack facing ang mo chu got letters.. Not sure about it. Heard from Agent one.
    I also not sure if anyone received letter. I haven't.

But not surprise if got letter. Keys collection could be 1-2 mths down the road. More than enough time for everything to be ready.

I've been doing weekly visit to the site. My feel is that the pace has picked up in the past 2-3 weeks. I see much much more workers at the site nowadays.

Mass market property sector prices could rise 10% by year end
    Date:23rd July 2009 By Yasmine Yahya

Mass market private condominiums have seen strong take-up rates despite the recession, with HDB upgraders forming the bulk of buyers.
    And analysts say prices of these properties could shoot up to new highs by the end of the year.

What's driving the demand for this segment in the property market, and how long will the bullrun last?

Last month, when the 8 @ Woodleigh condominium in Potong Pasir was launched, all 330 units were sold out in two weeks, making up a fifth of all private property sales for June.

Other mass market projects have also seen healthy numbers --
    Livia in Pasir Ris has seen 88 percent of its launched units taken up so far,
    Double Bay Residences in Simei posted 89 percent and Kovan Residences recorded 94 percent.

The prices of these properties mostly range between 600 and 800 dollars per square foot, but a few new launches have priced their units above 900 dollars per square foot.

With demand reaching fever pitch, Managing Director of Reyfern Real Estate Consultancy, Reymond Fernandez, says prices of such properties could rise by as much as 10 percent by the end of the year, to record levels.

"The acceleration has been tremendous, it's been very unexpected because the economy is not doing so well, we're talking about unemployment figures increasing. Where the support level is coming from, it's hard to establish. But I think the sentiment seems positive and people are buying and they see more people buying and more people going in so the crowds are drawing more people in itself."

Independent property analyst Nicholas Mak says there are various factors propping up the strong demand -- low interest rates on housing loans, consumer optimism that the economic upturn is returning soon and a belief that an investment in real estate would be a good hedge against future inflation.

But he warns that the bullrun in the mass market property sector can only last as long as developers stay attuned to their buyers, who are mostly HDB upgraders.

"One must not forget that buyers of entry-level or mass market condominiums are very price-sensitive. Once prices go above 1.2 million dollars, such buyers tend to retreat to the sidelines or to look for cheaper alternatives."

Nonetheless, Mr Mak expects demand for mass market properties to remain at current levels for the rest of the year, especially if the economy is seen to make a sustainable recovery.

Default Casa Merah TOP update!

Any Casa Merah owners here receive any letter or news on when key collection is ready since estimated TOP is Sept 2009. Heard from some sources that inspection is already completed for some of the stacks.

With the Optima craze next door it would help hype up the price for Casa Merah. Asking price now for most Casa Merah units is average 800psf++ upwards. Way to go. Let's hope it help push the price up the ceiling and stay put there

Around 17 Aug issue letters. Collection of keys 1 week later which mean 24 Aug. From NTUC one. Call and ask lor.

CM prices now all above 800psf already, even for 3 bedders. 2 bedders asking at least 850 except first floor. Even first floor also asking 800psf.

Quote Originally Posted by Daniel Foo
    Any Casa Merah owners here receive any letter or news on when key collection is ready since estimated TOP is Sept 2009. Heard from some sources that inspection is already completed for some of the stacks.

With the Optima craze next door it would help hype up the price for Casa Merah. Asking price now for most Casa Merah units is average 800psf++ upwards. Way to go. Let's hope it help push the price up the ceiling and stay put there

Default 为了您和家人的健康,在入住新房前请进行装修污染治理

Around 17 Aug issue letters. Collection of keys 1 week later which mean 24 Aug. From NTUC one. Call and ask lor.

CM prices now all above 800psf already, even for 3 bedders. 2 bedders asking at least 850 except first floor. Even first floor also asking 800psf.
    Congratualations to all Casa Merah new owners for your dream houses!

I would like to discuss with CM new onwers here -How to handle the air pollution after renovation? How long shall we move in after renovation?

I searched in google and yahoo, can't find any suggestion in Singapore, except a few governement links:

http://www.hpb.gov.sg/hpb/default.as...id=297&altid=0
    http://app2.nea.gov.sg/data/cmsresou...5702933220.pdf

According to my ID, all the marterials used for renovation are safe... but how do I believe them? based on what to verify the air quality after reno?

I found this in China website, I feel it's very useful for new owners. Share with you and let's discuss.
    -------------------
    【认识误区】

误区1:很多业主说:我采用的都是国家法规达标材料,不会有问题的。

但达标材料不等于环保材料;达标材料不是不含有害物质,只是在限量范围内;在有限的空间内用10张板材达标不一定用20张板材也达标;而且装修材料类别越多,单项累加就有可能会超标。另外,值得引起注意的是有害气体的散发程度与温度紧密相联,夏天和冬天或夏天开空调都会在很大程度上影响有害气体的散发情况。

误区2:也有业主认为:装修气味肯定有,通风几个月就好了。

我们且不说物业空置几个月所带来的经济损失。通风的确有效但却不能从根本上解决问题,是典型的治标不治本的方法。因为室内空气污染这问题与有害气体的潜伏期有关,一般情况下,苯的潜伏期为半年以上,甲苯、二甲苯的潜伏期为1年以上,危害最大的甲醛的潜伏期能达到3—15年(与装修工艺、居室温度有关),故不能说新居通风几个月就没事。其实只要用空置一个月所产生的租金加管理费就可以为您的新家做一次全方位的综合治理了。治理后24小时您就可以安安心心、健健康康的入住了。

误区3:也有业主说:我把新家布置成一个公园一样,放置了很多绿色植物来吸附有害气体,这样应该没有污染了吧?

不可否认,绿色植物对某些有害气体有吸收作用,不过,植物吸收的有害气体的量,是微乎其微的,对于装修后的污染的清除,作用不大!另外,别忘了两点:一、植物的光合作用只在白天,夜晚时它跟人体一样是吸入氧气呼出二氧化碳,而且大多数人都是晚上回家睡觉;二、一个人一天吸入体内的空气约是20KG,相当于52个100平方米的普通居室的空气重量,放置在家中的绿色植物一天又能吸收有害气体很少,而呼出多少二氧化碳则是非常的多!

误区4:有业主问:我没闻到刺激性气味,怎么会超标呢?

甲醛超标3倍以下时,一般是闻不到刺激性气味的,当闻得到刺激性气味时已超标4至8倍以上,足以令您及您的家人受到伤害。而这种闻不到的气体更恐怖,因为您会不知不觉的中毒,当发现时已经晚了……尤其到了夏天,温度高了,甲醛等有害物质的释放量也高了,还要把门窗关闭起来开空调,室内空气不能与外界对流,有害物质会越积越多,危害也会越大。而且每个人对甲醛等有害气体的感觉都不一样。曾有位张姓女士,由于怀孕在身,对甲醛特别敏感,虽然主卧检测结果只有0.10㎎/㎡(刚好达标),但她依然觉得一回卧房就浑身不自在,嗓子干涩、喉咙发痒、乏力。故治理前她宁愿睡在通风较好的大厅而不愿睡卧房。我们不排除她自个儿的心理作用,但也足以证明,每个人对甲醛等有害物质的反应不一样。

误区5:也有业主认为装修时采用环保材料,装修后用芳香剂、柚子皮、茶叶、醋等弄弄就行了。

其实用芳香剂只是用一种气味来掩盖甲醛等有害物质的气味,没有中和或分解有害物质,而用柚子皮、茶叶、醋等手段吸附,吸附效果是非常差的,只能让您及您的家人中毒更深!

误区6:也有业主说:“怎么可能会超标呢?前几天装修公司给我检测时都是合格的!”

其实,装修公司只对他的装修工程负责而不会对您所购买的家具及其它装饰物品负责。超标的根源大部份集中于订做的墙体柜、厨柜、吊顶以及购买的电视柜、衣柜、床垫、沙发等。

世界卫生组织有关资料表明:全球每年死于因室内空气污染的人数达到280万!我国每年由室内空气污染引起的超额死亡数达11.1万,超额门诊数达22万人次,超额急诊数达430万人次。

专家提示:装修污染被称为室内的“隐形杀手”,其中的有害物质对女性、儿童和老人的伤害更加严重。装修后闻不到味道不等于没有污染,甲醛超标4倍以上才能闻到剌激性的气味。为了您和家人的健康,在入住新房前请进行装修污染治理。

Default formaldehyde

What is formaldehyde?</STRONG> Formaldehyde is a colorless, flammable, strong-smelling chemical that is used to manufacture building materials and to produce many household products. It is used in pressed-wood products, such as particleboard, plywood, and fiberboard; glues and adhesives; permanent-press fabrics; paper product coatings; and certain insulation materials. In addition, formaldehyde is commonly used as an industrial fungicide, germicide, and disinfectant, and as a preservative in mortuaries and medical laboratories

1. What are the short-term health effects of formaldehyde exposure?
      When formaldehyde is present in the air at levels exceeding 0.1 ppm, some individuals may experience health effects, such as watery eyes; burning sensations of the eyes, nose, and throat; coughing; wheezing; nausea; and skin irritation. Some people are very sensitive to formaldehyde, whereas others have no reaction to the same level of exposure.
    2. Can formaldehyde cause cancer? Although the short-term health effects of formaldehyde exposure are well known, less is known about its potential long-term health effects
    http://www.asiaone.com/Health/News/S...13-141092.html

Formaldehyde raises risk of deadly cancers: study
    Wed, May 13, 2009
    Reuters
    CHICAGO (Reuters) - Industrial workers who are exposed to the chemical formaldehyde may have a significantly higher risk of dying from blood and lymphatic cancers, U.S. government researchers said on Tuesday

Anyone thought about the possiblity of getting the keys and stepping into the house the first time could be during the lunar 7th month? Are u all superstitious?

Default Hidden Danger of Particle Board

http://www.healthyindoorair.org/formald.htm

SOURCES OF FORMALDEHYDE In most homes, particle board and medium density fiberboard (MDF) are by far the major sources of formaldehyde in the environment. Some particle board is now manufactured with reduced formaldehyde, thus helping the problem to some degree. The culprit is the adhesive urea formaldehyde which can break down and release formaldehyde. A related adhesive, called phenol formaldehyde (used in softwood plywood and oriented-strand board) releases little, if any, formaldehyde. Therefore, products with phenol formaldehyde are widely recommended as substitutes for problematic board products. Oriented-strand board is now widely used for flooring and roof decking.

http://www.associatedcontent.com/art...pg2.html?cat=5
    Notable items in the home containing particle board include bookshelves or entertainment units requiring assembly. Medium density fiberboard is another significant source of formaldehyde in the home, as are hardwood plywood, paneling and some floor finishes.

Quote Originally Posted by doragirl
    Anyone thought about the possiblity of getting the keys and stepping into the house the first time could be during the lunar 7th month? Are u all superstitious?
    I think as long as the proper rituals are done, should be ok. Just make sure that exact day is suitable for door opening.

As my mum says, "If everything cannot do during Seventh month, then might as well everyone take holiday.."

Welcome dora girl... Just saw ur 1st post.
    Can share which stack are you on? Andy and I are on Stack 10.

stack 10, nice facing and no afternoon sun. so envious of casa merah owners... i like the nice quiet jog around the private estate there.

Quote Originally Posted by shespawn
    stack 10, nice facing and no afternoon sun. so envious of casa merah owners... i like the nice quiet jog around the private estate there.
    shespawn, DBR also got nice jog. You can jog along the park connector (but with mrt noise) or Harvey crescent area (landed uphill/downhill) or Sunbird area. You can also jog/cycle along park connector to Bedok Reservoir or East Coast Park. For TM, on the otherside of MRT, there is one small path leading into landed properties ... very nice/green (looks like jungle from MRT).

I think as long as the proper rituals are done, should be ok. Just make sure that exact day is suitable for door opening.

As my mum says, "If everything cannot do during Seventh month, then might as well everyone take holiday.."
    The usual practice is to start before the 7th month and thereafter it's alright if reno work is done during the month. My hubby is a bit against 'opening the door' if it happened to be key collection within the 7th month. but I told him no choice because we need to do check for defects within the time frame.

Thanks for the welcoming note hkching. Takes me a lot to finally post my first post because I really don't wish to entertain ungenuine comments or negative posts, after having seen loads of such people in this forum. However, there's some queries I like to share or check with you guys since we are on the same track, I'm also a subsale buyer.

All I like to share is I'm having the unit same facing as you guys and purchase my unit this year as well. pls pardon me for keeping it low.

I;ve a question for owners who went to casa's showroom before - do the kitchen door cabinets come with anti-slam features? wasn't very popular back then, only the expensive condo come with it but now it's a must-have in all new condo launches.

Default Casa merah- Walk-In Wardrobes for Master Bedroom

Does anyone know whether all Casa Merah 3 & 4 Bedroom units
    "Master Bedroom " come with Walk-in wardrobes standard?

Anyone who visited the showroom back then care to comment?

The usual practice is to start before the 7th month and thereafter it's alright if reno work is done during the month. My hubby is a bit against 'opening the door' if it happened to be key collection within the 7th month. but I told him no choice because we need to do check for defects within the time frame.
    I think no choice too... there's is 556 units in Casa Merah. If wait, then dunno when the developer can come around to rectify the defects at my place.

I guess as long as the ritual are done correctly, then shouldn't be a concern. If your hubby is not comfortable, maybe talk to a fengshui master to see how to overcome it lor.. Then at least everyone will be happy..

I;ve a question for owners who went to casa's showroom before - do the kitchen door cabinets come with anti-slam features? wasn't very popular back then, only the expensive condo come with it but now it's a must-have in all new condo launches.
    I'm not sure, but I think it pretty cheap to install it yourself if required. IKea also got sell some. Of cos BLUM System is the better choice. Also more expensive lah..