Page 22 of 26 FirstFirst ... 271217181920212223242526 LastLast

Thread: Casa Merah: For owners only.

Quote Originally Posted by Daniel Foo
    The contractor is from Wing Tai ,Choice Homes or outsourced to third party?
    Notice there is a contractor office at the B1 level carpark, area when you are driving up the carpark slope before reaching the guard house on your right.
    Think its from Choice Homes...

Quote Originally Posted by doragirl
    yes, i'll be doing. do let me know if the overall quote is good. thanks
    After measurement, the grilles contractor quoted me around $150 per panel. Let me know thru PM if you are interested.

Quote Originally Posted by WolleyDragon
    btw, how did u deal with the cupboard that didn't reach the ceiling - did u get a contractor to flush it? am concern about dirt accumulating on top of the cupboard. thanks
    I got my contractor to seal it up. Actually I feel a bit wasted leh... If got money can build partition up there to increase storage space...

Another idea. Seal up that area, put frosted glass in front, then put T5 light tubes inside to create ambience lighting..

Quote Originally Posted by hkching
    After measurement, the grilles contractor quoted me around $150 per panel. Let me know thru PM if you are interested.
    i'm meeting the window grilles contractor this weekend. they told me price neg. quoted $150 per panel too (wrought iron)

saw a unit with the grilles, doesn't look too bad.

Default dryer anyone?

Anyone intending to mount a dryer at the washer area (the washer is top load)? can it be done? will the kitchen tiles be affected?

Anyone intending to mount a dryer at the washer area (the washer is top load)? can it be done? will the kitchen tiles be affected?
    I think it would be very cramp if you mount a dryer near your washing machine. I would suggest you get a substantially powerful washing machine instead to spin dry your clothes instead.

Moreover there is an extendable cloth hanger provided for all CM units unlike some other condos, so hanging out discreeetly to dry should not be an issue. So far works for me as my unit is quite windy & have slight morning sun in the morning, so drying is fast.

The challenge I face is the washing machine pipe==> the default is too long so your laundry water will not flow smoothly to the draninage.
    Has any one of you cut the pipe shorter?
    Don't know whether allowed by management as the deliveryman say most people cut the pipe so that water will flow out smoothly....

Quote Originally Posted by Daniel Foo
    I think it would be very cramp if you mount a dryer near your washing machine. I would suggest you get a substantially powerful washing machine instead to spin dry your clothes instead.

Moreover there is an extendable cloth hanger provided for all CM units unlike some other condos, so hanging out discreeetly to dry should not be an issue. So far works for me as my unit is quite windy & have slight morning sun in the morning, so drying is fast.

The challenge I face is the washing machine pipe==> the default is too long so your laundry water will not flow smoothly to the draninage.
    Has any one of you cut the pipe shorter?
    Don't know whether allowed by management as the deliveryman say most people cut the pipe so that water will flow out smoothly....
    my mum is using those $1000 plus front load super spin dry washer, she said still must hang it to dry completely. so really for us mostly not at home in the day, a dryer is almost a must.
    i didn't notice about the pipe yet. oh no another heachache. someone just mentioned to me about changing the socket at the washer to 13A type. and i didn't even notice it's 15A!

btw, if u go ask management, everything also cannot.

some people just heck care and do it their way.

Hi, just wanted to check - what do you mean by hollow? Do you mean there is a hollow sound when you tap on the tiles? How do u tell - tap on every tile? (hopefully not...)

Share an experience

I notice some "hollow" pieces in my bed rooms flooring. There one piece in my master bedroom the developer say they cannot do anything about it. Say it is not hollow, and it is all the same...

Quote Originally Posted by gerberas
    Hi, just wanted to check - what do you mean by hollow? Do you mean there is a hollow sound when you tap on the tiles? How do u tell - tap on every tile? (hopefully not...)
    yes we tapped on every tiles to check for hollow-ness. instructed them to change some. but the problem is the colour may not match.

Quote Originally Posted by gerberas
    Unfortunately you are right. We tapped every tile and wooden floor panels..

yes we tapped on every tiles to check for hollow-ness. instructed them to change some. but the problem is the colour may not match.
    Before you decide to change the tile, please think twice. The colour has a high chance doesn't match.

Quote Originally Posted by xubingtao
    Before you decide to change the tile, please think twice. The colour has a high chance doesn't match.
    I heard that too..

but wondering - is that an acceptable reason for them to change? i mean, the management/contractor should ensure that any replacement tiles should match right?
    Quote Originally Posted by xubingtao

Quote Originally Posted by cksonic
    but wondering - is that an acceptable reason for them to change? i mean, the management/contractor should ensure that any replacement tiles should match right?
    I think if it is just blemishes or stubborn stains, just get them to do a polish to rid of it. Any advice from experts here???

If hollow, ask them to insert some sealant.

If crack then "bopian", have to change.

Changing the whole piece would be a hassle...

I agree.. But you will only see whether it match or not after they replace the tile. You can get them to keep changing until you are statisfied, but it will take a lot of time and effort..

I agree.. But you will only see whether it match or not after they replace the tile. You can get them to keep changing until you are statisfied, but it will take a lot of time and effort..
    Or you may request to view the selected tiles on your floor before accepting them for installation.
    BE CENTRED BY ALL AT THE FRINGE OF THE CITY @

Quote Originally Posted by sleek
    Or you may request to view the selected tiles on your floor before accepting them for installation.
    hmmm... good idea... get them to bring to your place and match it with the existing floor..

just wondering - is anyone planning to make use of the hollow section in front of your main door for any shoe-rack related stuff? was told by an ID that this may require approval from condo management.
    Attached Images Attached Images

just wondering - is anyone planning to make use of the hollow section in front of your main door for any shoe-rack related stuff? was told by an ID that this may require approval from condo management.

I think you can just go ahead and do...
    As long as you do not make those racks that involve drilling or hacking the space there. Fit those that can be easily detached and moved inside in case it is not allowed by management....

This one I have checked with mgt. Yes you can do that provided the color of the door must be white color.

Quote Originally Posted by dist16
    This one I have checked with mgt. Yes you can do that provided the color of the door must be white color.
    u mean can do fixture?

Quote Originally Posted by dist16
    Yup Yup... I got the same reply from my contractor. Will be doing a shoe rack there...

u mean can do fixture?
    Yes should be OK. I will fix a door and also install a few broads inside to make it a shoe rack.

Default it seems

I realised several units facing pool till date have not collected the keys very strange... seems this key collection is such a long process

Quote Originally Posted by james8899
    I realised several units facing pool till date have not collected the keys very strange... seems this key collection is such a long process
    Anyone of you moved in yet? Still seem very quiet at Casa Merah...

A friend of mine bought a unit that. He said too many windows and too hot in the afternoon even not facing west. Is it true?

Another one still looking for a unit there... Is it a good project after all? Reading the posts, seems quite some problem... Nonetheless, the location is good.

Nothing is perfect. Depends on what you really want and what you really mind. But one thing you need to bear in mind is that if the house is too hot, you can install tinting film. You can on air con. You can put tons of blinds. But a good location, you can't change it. MRT is MRT. No matter how much you pay, the Government is not going to install a MRT station outside your house. So location is still the first priority follow by your needs/wants.

Quote Originally Posted by okko
    A friend of mine bought a unit that. He said too many windows and too hot in the afternoon even not facing west. Is it true?

Another one still looking for a unit there... Is it a good project after all? Reading the posts, seems quite some problem... Nonetheless, the location is good.

I agree with Squall8888 that it all depends on what you really need. Even if you live next to MRT but have to go to work via direct bus as there isn't MRT near your work place, then paying a premium to be next to MRT also doesn't make sense. Likewise, even if you have the money to put up tinted blinds but the management does not allow it, it still doesn't solve your problem of heat. Of course, there is also the option of turning on the aircon the whole day since I'm sure you can afford the bills if you can afford the place.

Well, at the end of the day, the buyer beware. You gotta know what you get into. Depending who you ask, you will get very different opinion (some even biased) so better off getting some objective feedback and finally making your own informed decision.

Quote Originally Posted by okko

Quote Originally Posted by Squall8888
    Nothing is perfect. Depends on what you really want and what you really mind. But one thing you need to bear in mind is that if the house is too hot, you can install tinting film. You can on air con. You can put tons of blinds. But a good location, you can't change it. MRT is MRT. No matter how much you pay, the Government is not going to install a MRT station outside your house. So location is still the first priority follow by your needs/wants.
    well-said.