Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Merawoods

Default Merawoods

Hi all,

I am eyeing on the development Merawoods along the hillview avenue. I like to hear from all the expert's opinion and view in this development. The primary purpose is for own stay. Please advise, thanks!

Nice surrounding, but i won't buy there. inconvenient imo, imagine having to climb uphill. also hillview is saturated with units. very difficult to sell in future.

Default Tranquil

It's a quiet and Serene condo at the top of the hill. For people who drive this is an ideal tranquil place. I heard they also have a shuttle to the MRT.

Pretty good place with 3 tennis courts, two pools, gym, squash etc....

hi yowetan

interested to find out why this particular development catches your eye, compare to the other surrounding ones? What is the expected or reasonable psf pricing?

Quote Originally Posted by whoh757
    hi yowetan

interested to find out why this particular development catches your eye, compare to the other surrounding ones? What is the expected or reasonable psf pricing?
    Hi whoh757,

I have visited a few developments along the hillview avenue namely, hillview green, hillview height, glendale park, hume park 1&2, hillview residence, hillview 128, hillbrooks, hilltop grove and many others. I find merawoods is well-maintained compared to most of the developments, and I kinda like it when it nestled on top of the hill which I presume a fresher air though the steep uphill slope may poise a potential accessibility problem.

I have looked around the ammentities offered by merawoods compared to the others and seriously it gives me a kind of serene, relaxing and cooling feeling. Besides, it is a 999yr leasehold which proves more attractive compared to hilltop grove. I am not a party guy nor I like the road side noise, thus I am browsing at that area.

I actually did a comparison between merawoods and glendale, and both of them are well maintained though merawoods gives a better feeling overall, it is glendale strategic position to the future mrt proves to be more practical. However, I read some of the thread start by firestarter, I realise parking next to the roadside, railway and potentially the new mrt station may not be a good idea afterall since the mrt project will be some time away from now.

One thing I realised is the recent surge in asking price....I am puzzled and confuse as there is no fundamental supporting this up trend, and wondering if the price for merawoods would drop further? I am looking @ 4XX+ psf like the one we seen in ceveat for year 2003-2004. Is it possible or a yesterday's price that never returns? Please advise. Cheers.

Very difficult to even reach 2006 prices. You will be looking more of higher end of 500 psf...

Default $$

Hillvista which is nearby is asking 900+ psf and it is new. I think Merawoods can fetch about 650-700 psf IMHO

Is there any in-residents from merawoods who can comment on this project? I am also looking at the opposite project, Montrosa.

Quote Originally Posted by yowetan
    Hi whoh757,

I have visited a few developments along the hillview avenue namely, hillview green, hillview height, glendale park, hume park 1&2, hillview residence, hillview 128, hillbrooks, hilltop grove and many others. I find merawoods is well-maintained compared to most of the developments, and I kinda like it when it nestled on top of the hill which I presume a fresher air though the steep uphill slope may poise a potential accessibility problem.

I have looked around the ammentities offered by merawoods compared to the others and seriously it gives me a kind of serene, relaxing and cooling feeling. Besides, it is a 999yr leasehold which proves more attractive compared to hilltop grove. I am not a party guy nor I like the road side noise, thus I am browsing at that area.

I actually did a comparison between merawoods and glendale, and both of them are well maintained though merawoods gives a better feeling overall, it is glendale strategic position to the future mrt proves to be more practical. However, I read some of the thread start by firestarter, I realise parking next to the roadside, railway and potentially the new mrt station may not be a good idea afterall since the mrt project will be some time away from now.

One thing I realised is the recent surge in asking price....I am puzzled and confuse as there is no fundamental supporting this up trend, and wondering if the price for merawoods would drop further? I am looking @ 4XX+ psf like the one we seen in ceveat for year 2003-2004. Is it possible or a yesterday's price that never returns? Please advise. Cheers.
    My personal opinion that the prices of condo around Hillview will never go back to 4xx+ psf as now DTL is coming & some commercial development will follow (consider that almost all but one are FH or at least 999years LH)

In fact, owners that stay within walking distance from the Hillview Station ie Dairy Farm Estate, Glendale Park, Hillview Heights, Hillington Green etc. starting to hold on to their properties as you can see from the transactions after the DTL announcement. Just look at the prices of condo near MRT like the Jade even though it is only 99years lease.

Probably some inconvenience during construction of DTL but the fruit is sweet for long term investors or those buy for own stay

people can hold those condos you have mentioned along hillview till the cows come home and there will not be much price movement in that area even with the new mrt. hillview is an area that is neither here nor there, neither bukit batok nor bukit timah and the place is going to be amenity-less for a long time to come. Hillview residents could perhaps bank on Hillvista which is selling at 9xxpsf to 1000psf to try and push the prices for that area up, but i think we all know the latter project is a flop....

Quote Originally Posted by Joseph Chee
    My personal opinion that the prices of condo around Hillview will never go back to 4xx+ psf as now DTL is coming & some commercial development will follow (consider that almost all but one are FH or at least 999years LH)

In fact, owners that stay within walking distance from the Hillview Station ie Dairy Farm Estate, Glendale Park, Hillview Heights, Hillington Green etc. starting to hold on to their properties as you can see from the transactions after the DTL announcement. Just look at the prices of condo near MRT like the Jade even though it is only 99years lease.

Probably some inconvenience during construction of DTL but the fruit is sweet for long term investors or those buy for own stay

Quote Originally Posted by Regulators
    people can hold those condos you have mentioned along hillview till the cows come home and there will not be much price movement in that area even with the new mrt. hillview is an area that is neither here nor there, neither bukit batok nor bukit timah and the place is going to be amenity-less for a long time to come. Hillview residents could perhaps bank on Hillvista which is selling at 9xxpsf to 1000psf to try and push the prices for that area up, but i think we all know the latter project is a flop....
    Some of the transactions in Hillview were actually approaching 900psf in 2007.

Of course, u can also wait until cow come home to wait for the prices to drop to 4++psf. No price movement!!?? Are u the one that keep on viewing the condos around Hillview areas and offer prices that 'no here nor there'.

heard that the could be some development in the greenary area opp glendale park? does anyone has any more concrete info? hoping to see 400+ but i objectively think its very very unlikely. Assume 3% inflation, imo, from 2003 till today, we should be looking at around min 500 if the former is the baseline. A mid-500 figure could also be very hard to achieve in current buoyant-again enviroment. 2 cents worth. I personally like this area too but am concern, very concern about traffic situation..

frankly, wont gv a sht even if it goes down to 400psf for the area coz i will never think of buying that area. If it goes up to 900 or even 1k psf for this suburban area even better coz it will be time for many to cash out on their cndos in the central
    Quote Originally Posted by dove
    Some of the transactions in Hillview were actually approaching 900psf in 2007.

Of course, u can also wait until cow come home to wait for the prices to drop to 4++psf. No price movement!!?? Are u the one that keep on viewing the condos around Hillview areas and offer prices that 'no here nor there'.

Quote Originally Posted by Regulators
    frankly, wont gv a sht even if it goes down to 400psf for the area coz i will never think of buying that area. If it goes up to 900 or even 1k psf for this suburban area even better coz it will be time for many to cash out on their cndos in the central
    err .. may i know where your properties are?

I just saw a unit at a 1001sqft asking for 750ksgd. It seems tat the price for merawoods has risen up just like the glendale park. The recent market news and economy statistical data has somehow boasted the seller sentiments and their confidence level. All are asking for atrocious selling price nowadays. Is it possible for a 1001sqft goes to 500+/psf again? I like tat area...but aint sure if I can afford it at current market pricing.

with that kind of psf investors r nw looking for rcr ptys.
    I just saw a unit at a 1001sqft asking for 750ksgd. It seems tat the price for merawoods has risen up just like the glendale park. The recent market news and economy statistical data has somehow boasted the seller sentiments and their confidence level. All are asking for atrocious selling price nowadays. Is it possible for a 1001sqft goes to 500+/psf again? I like tat area...but aint sure if I can afford it at current market pricing.

saw a similar size unit on a 3rd floor with my nephew last month. Decent development with nice space but poor accessibility unless you drive. Quoted 620k but eventually sold at 608K...cavaet just came out last week.

just casting my sight into not too distant future, my sense is that when construction starts for DTL, Upper Bukit Timah, Hillview area, Beauty World, Bukit Timah will be a traffic nightmare....expect mass exodus of renters/expat. vacany will definitely go up and this will put pressure on rent forcing some weak holders to let go off their unit. fair chance it may revisit low to mid $500psf level.
    Last edited by moneymatters; 14-06-09 at 06:57.

double entry. deleted

Quote Originally Posted by moneymatters
    saw a similar size unit on a 3rd floor with my nephew last month. Decent development with nice space but poor accessibility unless you drive. Quoted 620k but eventually sold at 608K...cavaet just came out last week.

just casting my sight into not too distant future, my sense is that when construction starts for DTL, Upper Bukit Timah, Hillview area, Beauty World, Bukit Timah will be a traffic nightmare....expect mass exodus of renters/expat. vacany will definitely go up and this will put pressure on rent forcing some weak holders to let go off their unit. fair chance it may revisit low to mid $500psf level.
    Did your nephew offer for that unit? I am still searching for one in Merawoods. I dun mind the accessibility for I feel its exclusive to the masses comparing to Glendale, hillview green etc. This is especially so when they are very near to the bukit timah exit to cashew to pie etc. I am fine with the area as it is very quiet and serene. Someone actually Pmed me for his unit, but when I probe further he never got back to me. So, where did your nephew ended up?

Did your nephew offer for that unit? I am still searching for one in Merawoods. I dun mind the accessibility for I feel its exclusive to the masses comparing to Glendale, hillview green etc. This is especially so when they are very near to the bukit timah exit to cashew to pie etc. I am fine with the area as it is very quiet and serene. Someone actually Pmed me for his unit, but when I probe further he never got back to me. So, where did your nephew ended up?
    no offer made for reasons given above. my nephew is still in search mode. not landed on anything yet.

no offer made for reasons given above. my nephew is still in search mode. not landed on anything yet.
    There are not much units for sales in that development. All advertised ones are kinda priced highly. I dun think I stand any chance getting one.

Default Any inputs for Merawoods?

Anymore input for this development merawoods???

this development is by CCL Properties Pte Ltd, but can't really find much info about them .. seems to be once related to Jardine Cycle & Carriage .. some mention about them in some news release by CapitaLand but not sure related .. anyone has any info on this developer? are they still "around" ??

Quote Originally Posted by firestarter
    this development is by CCL Properties Pte Ltd, but can't really find much info about them .. seems to be once related to Jardine Cycle & Carriage .. some mention about them in some news release by CapitaLand but not sure related .. anyone has any info on this developer? are they still "around" ??
    think this development is by MCL land

think this development is by MCL land
    true .. some mention of CCL properties related to MCL too .. but don't find merawoods on their list of completed projects ... too old maybe ??

will the developer's "disappearance" affect the price in any way ??

I am keen in Merawoods, and very surprise to see the price actually goes up instead down under such economy climate......Should I wait further or just go ahead with other projects like hill vista?

Also, as firestarter mentioned the developer CCL properties pte ltd just disappear in thin air; what impact and effect will it cast over this development?

Any clue from fellow forumers/merawood owners? Thanks.

I am keen in Merawoods, and very surprise to see the price actually goes up instead down under such economy climate......Should I wait further or just go ahead with other projects like hill vista?

Also, as firestarter mentioned the developer CCL properties pte ltd just disappear in thin air; what impact and effect will it cast over this development?

Any clue from fellow forumers/merawood owners? Thanks.

Merawoods is Serene and at hilltop. it is really one of a kind. Majority of buyers were from CCL.

Quote Originally Posted by Localite
    Merawoods is Serene and at hilltop. it is really one of a kind. Majority of buyers were from CCL.
    Hi Localite,

What do you mean by "majority of buyers were from CCL", you are saying the buyers used to be the employee of CCL? I am wondering why CCL disappear suddenly? Is the development safe and stable? Being the development that situated on top of the hill, will the surrounding affect by the humidlity as well as the steep slope which can be very inaccessible for elderly and young ones?

I like the place for its serene background, but aint sure if the current price is well justified for the place, as well as the possible disadvantage I have to put up with as mentioned earlier.

Hi Localite,

What do you mean by "majority of buyers were from CCL", you are saying the buyers used to be the employee of CCL? I am wondering why CCL disappear suddenly? Is the development safe and stable?

Yes original buyers mostly from CCL.

One of the good quality condos there.

Yes safe & stable. The MC is v active.

Only issue was walk out is far. But recently they hv mrt shuttle.

I am an owner but now unit is rented out.

Quote Originally Posted by Localite
    Yes original buyers mostly from CCL.

One of the good quality condos there.

Yes safe & stable. The MC is v active.

Only issue was walk out is far. But recently they hv mrt shuttle.

I am an owner but now unit is rented out.
    Thanks for the information. Having said that, I notice the price for merawoods actually went up since march 2009. I was hoping to get real bargain, but it seems the price is getting damn extreme nowadays. Shuttle service? I did went there for unit-viewing, I find the fares for shuttle service is a disservice for people who really needs it. Its not affordable, moreover the frequency is not that attractive, and its shared among other developments. However, I do agree with you - Its one of the good quality condos in hillview area. Sighz...