Page 1 of 7 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Emerald Gardens - your view

Default Emerald Gardens - your view

Hi,

I'm looking to find a condo in town, for own stay and capital appreciation. Was looking at emerald gardens. Any view? Agents told me that this is the only 999 condo in District 1. and with the new cross street MRT, it's only 1 stop away from MFC and 2 stops from IR. Do you think it's a better buy than the Sail, the icon which is 99yrs? What's a price you guys think is a good entry price?

any views welcome. Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by lyn
    Hi,

I'm looking to find a condo in town, for own stay and capital appreciation. Was looking at emerald gardens. Any view? Agents told me that this is the only 999 condo in District 1. and with the new cross street MRT, it's only 1 stop away from MFC and 2 stops from IR. Do you think it's a better buy than the Sail, the icon which is 99yrs? What's a price you guys think is a good entry price?

it's going for about $1300psf right?

i think it's better living than icon simply coz there's much better food and entertainment all around you but it's different than the rest as it's considered outside of CBD, more chinatown than CBD.

you can't compare it to the sail or mbr - very different type of living, which nobody knows how it's gonna turn out until the IR, MBFC, CLP and Gardens is built. Will it be Central Park NY, Manhattan, or Las Vegas living? no one knows now.

Hi,

I have the opposite point of view though.
    If you happen to often take a walk around that aread, you will find that area actually very quite and have that kind of laid back feeling.
    Its only occasionally that the tranquility is being punctuated by vehicles passing by.

I like that aread a lot as there's a lot of nice eateries around, western, chinese, good cake shop, quite a handful of boutique wine bar and good spa and massage shops. If you want to have down to earth food, Amoy and Maxwell is within walking distance.

Walking to work at Raffles, Capital Square, ORQ,and Shenton is also very convenient. Near Chinatown and most importantly, its in between two future station.

I will go for EG as compared to ICON, the ambience is just very different.

Its a place where you want to be near town and near workplace but does not have the usual "concrete " feeling. In summary, a very livable place despite being so near to 'CBD'.

But if you had not been to that area often, advice is to park car somewhere and spend 45 mins or so exploring that area.

Cheers and have a good weekend.

Thanks gfoo and blackswan for your view. I love the place too but not sure if 1300 is a good price to buy for stay and for capital appreciation….icon and sail is going for even more. Which I dun understand why esp for icon. I don’t really like to stay at the Sail, as it feels very office like and it’s not my type.

Anyone else with other opinion? Appreciate any feedback.

I am looking for a place and older condo in RV is going for 1100+psf and not as convenient as Emerald gardens.

I have check and recce several time and I can't find a development around town like EG which is nested within the 'CBD' and yet have a feeling that its not in 'CBD' (my personnel feeling though) with the amenities around. Used to had lunch often at Club Street at the restaurant called Windows at Club Street (closed and change owner liao) and a couple of years ago, beside it, there was this cosy eatery that's sell curry chicken, think the name is called Helen Deli or something like that.
    Also had a couple of rub down at Qi Mantra (but expansive).

But must say that 1300psf is a bit on the ex side. A couple of months ago was only somewhere 1000psf if I remember correctly.

Quote Originally Posted by blackswan
    I have check and recce several time and I can't find a development around town like EG which is nested within the 'CBD' and yet have a feeling that its not in 'CBD' (my personnel feeling though) with the amenities around. Used to had lunch often at Club Street at the restaurant called Windows at Club Street (closed and change owner liao) and a couple of years ago, beside it, there was this cosy eatery that's sell curry chicken, think the name is called Helen Deli or something like that.
    Also had a couple of rub down at Qi Mantra (but expansive).

But must say that 1300psf is a bit on the ex side. A couple of months ago was only somewhere 1000psf if I remember correctly.
    tenure aside, 999... this condo is too "short".. a look from the maxwell road makes it seem so small as compared to the tall white towers behind it. I won't consider it at this price. Why move to older developments when tenants prefer newer ones. I like the oriental theme though... no sure if ang mohs will like it.

I like the location, near office and in town...anyone know who is the developer? Oxford Gardens Pte Ltd?

near supermarket - cold storage, near food place, near train stations, and near office...seems like all fit my criteria...just the price, I'm not sure what's a reasonable price...what is a good price for an unblock unit ie 6flr up, and does not face the wall or the pool?

not sure if any such unit price at that range thou'? sorry i have too many questions as i am a property novice. any expert advice greatly appreciated.
    Last edited by lyn; 05-06-09 at 16:03.

Can't agree more with you.
    Fits my criteria like a glove but price wise.........

what would be a price you will be comfortable to buy at?

I am worried inflation will kick in soon, hence looking to buy a place, for stay and also to fight inflation.

just check the caveats back to 07, and considering the price a couple of months ago, 1000psf +/- will seem right.....but believe you might have bigger firepower.

cheers and have a wonderful weekend ahead.

What is the size you are looking at? In april, one unit on the 6th floor, 1216 sqft was transacted at 1138 psf. Oct 08, 8th floor unit, 980 sqft, sold at 1378 psf. The highest was around 1700 psf for 1259 sqft in nov 07. But most important, can the bank match the selling price of 1300 psf?

Thanks gfoo and blackswan for your view. I love the place too but not sure if 1300 is a good price to buy for stay and for capital appreciation….icon and sail is going for even more. Which I dun understand why esp for icon. I don’t really like to stay at the Sail, as it feels very office like and it’s not my type.

Anyone else with other opinion? Appreciate any feedback.

I am looking for a place and older condo in RV is going for 1100+psf and not as convenient as Emerald gardens.

bank is matching at around 1250 psf around.... so @ 1250 range, what's ur take? i am looking at a unit abt 1000 sqft....Any advice welcome.

I was also keen at the regalia, urbana area...and guess what, today, the regalia is asking for 1200+ and the urbana is looking at 1400+....at such prices is emerald a better bet?

You miss the boat. the regalia, only two tansactions for the whole 08,09. last apr 09, 11th floor 897 psf for 1270 sqft. urbana, 3 transcated this year between 1100 to 1265 psf. Look like asking prices and bank valuations are going up.

As for the 3 development, all are in prime district. it really depends on what you want.

Emerald gdn, near work (boring, 7 days in town), plenty of traffic on weekdays, very quite on weekends.
    The regalia, lowest psf among the 3, completed in 1996, en bloc potential in the next cycle.
    Urbana, newer, completed in 2008, most x, rental yield should be better.

bank is matching at around 1250 psf around.... so @ 1250 range, what's ur take? i am looking at a unit abt 1000 sqft....Any advice welcome.

I was also keen at the regalia, urbana area...and guess what, today, the regalia is asking for 1200+ and the urbana is looking at 1400+....at such prices is emerald a better bet?

Hi hans, thanks for your reply.

I've seen regalia layout. Dun really like the layout, odd corners... thou I do like the location however I am worried about the noise from traffic and the upcoming construction across the road. Also do you really think the regalia has enbloc potential? The land is not that hugh.

Not sure why, I do have an inclination towards emerald gardens. I like the upcoming cross street station that brings me to IR and millenia walk easily. and personally I felt the plot of land emerald garden is sitting on is more valuable than regalia and urbana. Any comments?

Anyone else any opinion? greatly appreciated.

If you are buying to stay, it is better not buy layout with odd corners, difficult to arrange furniture. As for en bloc in the next cycle, possible, cos more than 10 yrs, but wont be as easy as the last round ( new rules).

As for which is more valuable, base on transacted price and location, they are on par, unless there is a new plan to have more city living in CDB.

I've seen regalia layout. Dun really like the layout, odd corners... thou I do like the location however I am worried about the noise from traffic and the upcoming construction across the road. Also do you really think the regalia has enbloc potential? The land is not that hugh.

Not sure why, I do have an inclination towards emerald gardens. I like the upcoming cross street station that brings me to IR and millenia walk easily. and personally I felt the plot of land emerald garden is sitting on is more valuable than regalia and urbana. Any comments?

Urbana is cool Go for it

The land value of Regalia & Urbana is definitely higher than Emerald Gdn. The land value is comparable to Amber side but prob EG is slightly lower as it is 999 not FH

I dun agree the land value of regalia, urbana and EG same as amber...amber should be lower... any others have feedback?

More or less, I am decided on emerald garden. House hunting really tiring.

Urbana too expensive abt 1300-1400 psf...
    Regalia odd shape and not cheap...about 1000psf... Also regalia units i saw requires massive reno and noisy/dusty from the road esp those at cross junction.
    Emerald Garden has the convinence of upcoming MRT and it's quiet...went there in the evening and i like the feel ard club street. agree it's 999 vs the other 2 FH...but 999 still long long way. so did not factor this as a consideration.

Any other view welcome

I dun agree the land value of regalia, urbana and EG same as amber...amber should be lower... any others have feedback?

Regalia odd shape and not cheap...about 1000psf... Also regalia units i saw requires massive reno and noisy/dusty from the road esp those at cross junction.
    Emerald Garden has the convinence of upcoming MRT and it's quiet...went there in the evening and i like the feel ard club street. agree it's 999 vs the other 2 FH...but 999 still long long way. so did not factor this as a consideration.

Any other view welcome
    U ask abt land value, n i am commenting only on land value n does not take into acct building, shape, layout, noise, transacted px, etc. Pls note value of a place does not necesarily equate the transacted pxs.

Since u r more or less decided, any comments against what u believe would not go down well with u. If it is for your own stay n u feel good abt staying there, well nobody can fault u. Good luck

Agree.

Urbana and Regalia are more well known due to the proximity to Rivergate & Martin Place in D9

Frankly , not many peoples (including agent) know abt emerald garden location. I will go for Emerald due to the mass revamp in the Marina area like Sand IR , Marina Financial Centre and other commercial and entertainment development coming the way.

Any other view welcome

Quote Originally Posted by gfoo
    it's going for about $1300psf right?

i think it's better living than icon simply coz there's much better food and entertainment all around you but it's different than the rest as it's considered outside of CBD, more chinatown than CBD.

you can't compare it to the sail or mbr - very different type of living, which nobody knows how it's gonna turn out until the IR, MBFC, CLP and Gardens is built. Will it be Central Park NY, Manhattan, or Las Vegas living? no one knows now.
    You can't compare Emerald to Icon. Icon is a dead town during weekends. Sail and MBR is about work, life and play(gamble).

'I believe you're going to see a transformation in Singapore. It'll be the most vibrant lively city in this part of the world. And I believe in the next five years, we'll see it evolve.'

Says MM Lee,
    July 8, 2007

Any other view welcome
    To clarify Land value of Urbana similar to Regalia. Both higher than Emerald Gdns. Emerald Gdns land value similar to Amber. If MRT comes into play, EG is more covenient.

How to u conclude that Regalia and Urbana LV is the same and EG similiar to Amber...?

Quote Originally Posted by jc
    To clarify Land value of Urbana similar to Regalia. Both higher than Emerald Gdns. Emerald Gdns land value similar to Amber. If MRT comes into play, EG is more covenient.

<deleted post>

Hi,

So did you buy?
    I went to view the property recently and I think it is a hidden gem. A value buy compared to its 2 neighbours. It is located within walking distance to 3 MRT stations (Raffles, Chinatown and Cross Street) covering almost all the major lines. Although the property is a bit old but it has a special charm and resort feel when you enter the development.

Quote Originally Posted by durian
    So did you buy?
    I went to view the property recently and I think it is a hidden gem. A value buy compared to its 2 neighbours. It is located within walking distance to 3 MRT stations (Raffles, Chinatown and Cross Street) covering almost all the major lines. Although the property is a bit old but it has a special charm and resort feel when you enter the development.

yes. I love the place. It's 10 years old but quite well maintain. Not too old. anyway location is what matters. Some friends are now aware of this place and also looking for units there. Not many people know of this place unlike Sail or MBR or Icon as they has much more units and more agents marketing.

yes. I love the place. It's 10 years old but quite well maintain. Not too old. anyway location is what matters. Some friends are now aware of this place and also looking for units there. Not many people know of this place unlike Sail or MBR or Icon as they has much more units and more agents marketing.
    So which one of you'll offered for the 2 bedroom that's advertised last Sat? Arrange for viewing but was told someone made and offer liao.

So which one of you'll offered for the 2 bedroom that's advertised last Sat? Arrange for viewing but was told someone made and offer liao.
    i was not aware of sat 2bdrm ad so not sure which one u refering to. Friends are also looking for 2bdrm are they think the bigger ones harder to rent cos families maynot want to stay around there since there is no schools. 2bdrm seems more popular.

teddybear is offline Global recession is coming....

I will avoid Urbana and all the properties within 500m of that SingTel Commcentre tower. (Scare of the too strong radio transmission)...

Quote Originally Posted by 爱屋及乌
    How to u conclude that Regalia and Urbana LV is the same and EG similiar to Amber...?

I called up too. The agent told me it's a flipping option. I wanted to view but someone had already offered without viewing. Damn sian loh. Quite a good buy for me.